Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! 13:39 - Sep 23 with 17881 viewsModeratorC

Oh what a huge derby game for the smaller Welsh clubs.

It’s on a Sunday, 3pm KO.

And it’s LIVE on Sky as the featured game.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/63038/swans-look-to-cove

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/63043/the-big-game-build

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/63050/full-steam-ahead-f

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 13:32 - Sep 30 with 870 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 09:12 - Sep 30 by Whiterockin

Its too much of a coincidence that we have struggled when substitutes are made in the second half and we lose momentum. The opposition seem to have stronger squads and the changes don't affect them so much. Bringing on Peart-Harris is an example, no way is he a forward. Blame Williams or blame Grimes if you want but the facts are simple.

And yet against Cardiff it was not when our substitutions were made we struggled it was from the start of the second half and with our first team selection on the pitch we did not counter their new setup similarly yesterday they made three changes in the 58th minute that changed the game, we tried to countered it with Key on the 61st minute who you would count as a first choice player but it had little effect as we tried to play the same way, they stopped us playing down our left and we were still ineffective on the right they pressed forward we dropped off it was not the result of our substitutions two more which came in 73 minute and the last Abdulai in the 89th it was same as the Cardiff game we did not counter the change in tactics.
Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 13:44 - Sep 30 with 834 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 13:32 - Sep 30 by RichardO

And yet against Cardiff it was not when our substitutions were made we struggled it was from the start of the second half and with our first team selection on the pitch we did not counter their new setup similarly yesterday they made three changes in the 58th minute that changed the game, we tried to countered it with Key on the 61st minute who you would count as a first choice player but it had little effect as we tried to play the same way, they stopped us playing down our left and we were still ineffective on the right they pressed forward we dropped off it was not the result of our substitutions two more which came in 73 minute and the last Abdulai in the 89th it was same as the Cardiff game we did not counter the change in tactics.

Yesterday their subs were of a much better quality than ours. Their number 30 and 7 were causing us problems throughout the game, they introduced players just as impressive. Apart from Key who could have started, the players who came on for us were nowhere near as good as those they replaced.
Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 13:46 - Sep 30 with 812 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 13:44 - Sep 30 by Whiterockin

Yesterday their subs were of a much better quality than ours. Their number 30 and 7 were causing us problems throughout the game, they introduced players just as impressive. Apart from Key who could have started, the players who came on for us were nowhere near as good as those they replaced.

Had Ket started,Naughton would have come on as a sub along with Allen to “ consolidate” with their experience

Innit

Stupid team selection
Tactics of the madhouse

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 13:53 - Sep 30 with 794 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 13:46 - Sep 30 by onehunglow

Had Ket started,Naughton would have come on as a sub along with Allen to “ consolidate” with their experience

Innit

Stupid team selection
Tactics of the madhouse

You can only select what you have and it's not good enough. Three games in six days will impact team selection this week, I just hope we don't run out of steam by Saturday, the squad is far to weak for for this number of games so close together.
Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 13:56 - Sep 30 with 784 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 13:44 - Sep 30 by Whiterockin

The point I was trying to make was that our starting eleven have to be unable to adapt which we didn't against Cardiff or Bristol, is it the substitutions that changes the games or having players able play in a different style, a more cohesive and well coached team can adapt to counter different situations, we didn't even with our starting eleven as for players who step up how can they if they are asked to play in the style that has already been counter successfully by the opposition manager?
Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 15:00 - Sep 30 with 723 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 11:40 - Sep 30 by RichardO

It does seem as if Williams is playing things safe with his substitutions, he has got us results before with the use of Abdulai, Bianchini, Vipotnik, Fulton, Naughton and Allen our own players who for the most part are considered to be fringe squad players at the moment and Pearl-Harris our loan player.
We should have been out of sight against Cardiff and Bristol but we didn't see them off in the first halves when we should have, opposition teams adjust their setup to come out and attack us, we really need to counter those changes to keep us on the front foot. I really think that Grimes should be one of the players coming off as he gives ground away in the middle of the park instead of providing a presence in the centre of our midfield a presence that against Norwich he did provide up until about the seventieth minute but then flagged whether it because of cramp or injury but he reverted to dropping too deep as Norwich applied pressure on us instead, in games he should be higher up the park preventing that pressure whilst maintaining our own by dropping back the midfield gets disjointed and doesn't function properly. Coaches tactics to prevent opposition teams applying that pressure need to be addressed we have the players in Eom and Ronald with the pace to hurt team which we have complained we have lacked in the past if the width is being stifled maybe they should be tried tucking playing off the centre forward and give the full backs space down the wings to attack.
Early days but other options have to be used to keep control in games.
[Post edited 30 Sep 11:44]

Agree about Grimes he definitely played deeper uesterday and as the central player in a back 3 woth Naughton and Tymon almost playing in cental midfield they certainly were tucked in almost alongside Eom and Ronald.
It seemed a strange set up to me ...
I think Grimes could do with coming off and replaced by Allen or even benched for a couple of games and ill be contraversial bybsaying id like to see a Franco Fulton Combo with Franco sittingbin frontnif the 2 CBs and Fultton advanced. Let Franco he the playmaker

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 15:11 - Sep 30 with 702 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 13:56 - Sep 30 by RichardO

The point I was trying to make was that our starting eleven have to be unable to adapt which we didn't against Cardiff or Bristol, is it the substitutions that changes the games or having players able play in a different style, a more cohesive and well coached team can adapt to counter different situations, we didn't even with our starting eleven as for players who step up how can they if they are asked to play in the style that has already been counter successfully by the opposition manager?

This is the part of it that is on Luke Williams. I’ll cut him a lot of slack when it comes to strength in depth as he’s been shafted. You’re right though, our starting eleven is competitive and it’s down to him to deal with opponents changing tactics.
Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 15:14 - Sep 30 with 698 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 15:00 - Sep 30 by vetchonian

Agree about Grimes he definitely played deeper uesterday and as the central player in a back 3 woth Naughton and Tymon almost playing in cental midfield they certainly were tucked in almost alongside Eom and Ronald.
It seemed a strange set up to me ...
I think Grimes could do with coming off and replaced by Allen or even benched for a couple of games and ill be contraversial bybsaying id like to see a Franco Fulton Combo with Franco sittingbin frontnif the 2 CBs and Fultton advanced. Let Franco he the playmaker

Naughton and Tymon enabling us to play through the middle for my mind Naughton got there too early and then seemed at a loss, does he go beyond Ronald down the wing or drop to provide options for Ronald caught in two minds and did neither. There was one noticeable case that Naughton was up field and the rest of the defence didn't fill the gap left and it left us badly exposed on our right.
Thought we let wingers running at our full backs pushing them back into the box or allowing crosses instead of ensuring they were marked correctly not allowing balls to their feet while ensuring they are not open to the ball over the top. Sure Stoke fans questioned Tymon's defensive game and Key seemed more comfortable in the middle of the park on the left last season
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 15:40 - Sep 30 with 618 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 15:11 - Sep 30 by jack247

This is the part of it that is on Luke Williams. I’ll cut him a lot of slack when it comes to strength in depth as he’s been shafted. You’re right though, our starting eleven is competitive and it’s down to him to deal with opponents changing tactics.

Of course he needs to be given some slack it is early in the season just hoping he can service our better players to be able to play to their full potential making sure we kill games off instead of losing points that in games that we have been so dominant in the first half.
[Post edited 30 Sep 16:19]
Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 16:46 - Sep 30 with 539 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 13:19 - Sep 30 by union_jack

To be fair, if the officials had spotted everything, our goal wouldn’t have stood.

Haven't seen the highlights but at the time it did seem as if there was a bit of pushing going on and I was half expecting to see a free kick given.
Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 16:51 - Sep 30 with 533 viewsmax936

Dunno whats happening with MPH he looked all over place yesterday when he came on, I thought when I saw him come on that he'd shine, trying to hard maybe, needs game time though, we short on numbers in the front three so lets game him 3/4 games, its the only way we'll see.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 17:06 - Sep 30 with 484 viewstheloneranger

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 16:51 - Sep 30 by max936

Dunno whats happening with MPH he looked all over place yesterday when he came on, I thought when I saw him come on that he'd shine, trying to hard maybe, needs game time though, we short on numbers in the front three so lets game him 3/4 games, its the only way we'll see.

MPH wasn't the manager's signing, when LW said, "I think he was more of a club signing"

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 17:30 - Sep 30 with 451 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 16:51 - Sep 30 by max936

A bit isolated?
Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 17:50 - Sep 30 with 419 viewsjack247

MPH isn’t match fit, but let’s be honest, he had no chance yesterday. Played out of position, as a striker when we were under the cosh and weren’t getting close to their final third. He didn’t get much of a chance to get into the game day until injury time.

I’ve no idea if he’s any good or not, but we need to judge him as a midfielder, when he’s match fit.
Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 17:54 - Sep 30 with 403 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 17:50 - Sep 30 by jack247

MPH isn’t match fit, but let’s be honest, he had no chance yesterday. Played out of position, as a striker when we were under the cosh and weren’t getting close to their final third. He didn’t get much of a chance to get into the game day until injury time.

I’ve no idea if he’s any good or not, but we need to judge him as a midfielder, when he’s match fit.

He needed to slot into Francos position when he came off.
Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 18:48 - Sep 30 with 343 viewsmax936

Great replies to my post on MPH fair play.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024