Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans Match thread 14:57 - Sep 19 with 40784 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Hopefully we can mute their fans and giver them a whoopering…..I’ll get my coat.

Going for a solid 2-0 win tonight.

Come on you SuperHooopsah
Swans Match thread on 22:08 - Sep 19 with 2719 viewsSAPilgrim

Swans Match thread on 22:07 - Sep 19 by distortR

I actually think that post tells us more about you then QPR, mate.....

Swans Match thread on 22:11 - Sep 19 with 2676 viewsmarkrtid

Sadly. Long gone are the days when Willock and Chair could magically turn a game and get a well earned result.
This Manager hasn’t a clue with what he has, or what he has been lumbered with.
Truly sad.
Swans Match thread on 22:13 - Sep 19 with 2603 viewsdistortR

Swans Match thread on 22:11 - Sep 19 by markrtid

Sadly. Long gone are the days when Willock and Chair could magically turn a game and get a well earned result.
This Manager hasn’t a clue with what he has, or what he has been lumbered with.
Truly sad.

can't blame Willock on Ainsworth.
When was the last time you actually saw Willock sprint? If he had Chair's attitude, he'd be in the premiership.
Swans Match thread on 22:15 - Sep 19 with 2543 viewsLblock

Felt we were playing with 8 and a half men at times.

Willock is just baggage - his mind is elsewhere and his body is that which you see growing tall in the breeze outside petrol stations - a windsock of a man.
Dozzell just hides 50% of the time, the other 50% he's just looking to cut shapes like a Madonna vogue video.
Kakay - fair play he never hides but his first touch is so poor his second touch is usually a foul and he is prone to, shall we say, wander. Gives it his all I suppose

Kelman ahead of Kolli surprised me.

The positives were Chair and Field - they are so much better than whats around them. Also props to Dykes - that was a beast of a header, fair play to him.

I see nothing but League One in the distance unless 3 quality additions come in and hit the ground running.
FFP me that on League One gates and TV revenue my friend.

In summary -- foggy.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Swans Match thread on 22:15 - Sep 19 with 2537 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Swans Match thread on 22:03 - Sep 19 by traininvain

Dykes probably should’ve started tonight. Oh well at least we didn’t lose.

Yes. Found the tactics very odd for most of the game. Continually hoofing it up without someone like Dykes to hold it up. No surprise that the goal came from a decent cross onto his head - why are we still not doing this regularly? Get to the line and cross it onto the centre forward's head.

My first league game this season and I found it hard to see what Ainsworth is doing any differently from last year. Still seemed pretty aimless.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2023 22:16]
Swans Match thread on 22:17 - Sep 19 with 2484 viewshubble

Got to give some kudos to GA and that fitness guy, we actually looked the stronger team at the end.

But what a horrible game. Second half I thought I'd gone back in time to the early 2000s; dire, desperate football, and I had the feeling that this was already a make or break game for Ainsworth. But Dykes saved him with that brilliant header. A loss and we might not have broken free from the downward gravity. But we live to fight another day.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Swans Match thread on 22:19 - Sep 19 with 2447 viewsmarkrtid

Swans Match thread on 22:13 - Sep 19 by distortR

can't blame Willock on Ainsworth.
When was the last time you actually saw Willock sprint? If he had Chair's attitude, he'd be in the premiership.

Wasn't blaming Willock or Chair.
But there were a time when they both seemed to click.
We don't seem to have that now.
Swans Match thread on 22:26 - Sep 19 with 2314 viewstheone_theonly

Difference of playing with or without Colback is night and day…

Typical QPR to have such an important player out for a crucial run of games.
Login to get fewer ads

Swans Match thread on 22:33 - Sep 19 with 2189 viewskensalriser

For all our shitty 7 points from 7 games, Plymouth and Coventry are on the same. And we're only a surprising 4 points from 6th.

Not to say that wasn't pretty rank, but we're capable of staying up if we can learn to scrap it out.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Swans Match thread on 22:34 - Sep 19 with 2179 viewsVancouverHoop

Swans Match thread on 22:17 - Sep 19 by hubble

Got to give some kudos to GA and that fitness guy, we actually looked the stronger team at the end.

But what a horrible game. Second half I thought I'd gone back in time to the early 2000s; dire, desperate football, and I had the feeling that this was already a make or break game for Ainsworth. But Dykes saved him with that brilliant header. A loss and we might not have broken free from the downward gravity. But we live to fight another day.

That's about right I think.

It's worth bearing in mind that was just the seventh league match of the season. It used be that no one started taking the table seriously till around the tenth. There'll be other matches like this for sure. But there'll also be wins like the 'Boro one too, and, with luck, more of them.
Swans Match thread on 22:34 - Sep 19 with 2180 viewsmarkrtid

I missed 'My Mum Your Dad' for that shite.
Loyal and all.
Swans Match thread on 22:35 - Sep 19 with 2167 viewsjoe90

It’s a real shame to see Willock a shadow of his former self. I think his injury must have seriously knocked his confidence and I’m convinced teams are targeting him.

Strange seeing Field play so high and wide up the pitch. Definitely not where he’s best suited.

Great goal from Dykes and was very pleased Chair got the assist, he worked hard all game.

The recent performances have not been completely abject, can’t fault the team for effort, but the application just isn’t there and the results don’t lie.

Still early doors and I’m going to hold out some hope.
Swans Match thread on 22:40 - Sep 19 with 2092 viewsSuperhoops2808

Swans Match thread on 21:54 - Sep 19 by markrtid

It isnt nice wanting someone to do so well knowing they aint up to the job.
Ask my parents.

This isnt going nowhere.
Home advantage. Must win game and yet, we were shite.
Time to go Gaz. x

You (and some others on this thread) need to get a grip

Many here thought we would be bottom by now and in fact without a point before we had even kicked a ball.

We are 4 points from relegation AND the play offs. Last season, after going a goal behind we would have given up. Now we are fighting and should we have won tonight, probably but we got a point so better than nothing. The season is not defined over 7 games.

Now have a reality check - There is no such thing as a 'must win game' at this stage of the season. Never see you here when we win either
Swans Match thread on 22:41 - Sep 19 with 2077 viewsBoston

Swans Match thread on 22:15 - Sep 19 by Lblock

Felt we were playing with 8 and a half men at times.

Willock is just baggage - his mind is elsewhere and his body is that which you see growing tall in the breeze outside petrol stations - a windsock of a man.
Dozzell just hides 50% of the time, the other 50% he's just looking to cut shapes like a Madonna vogue video.
Kakay - fair play he never hides but his first touch is so poor his second touch is usually a foul and he is prone to, shall we say, wander. Gives it his all I suppose

Kelman ahead of Kolli surprised me.

The positives were Chair and Field - they are so much better than whats around them. Also props to Dykes - that was a beast of a header, fair play to him.

I see nothing but League One in the distance unless 3 quality additions come in and hit the ground running.
FFP me that on League One gates and TV revenue my friend.

In summary -- foggy.

Dunne and Colbeck in the starting eleven will make this a very different side.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Swans Match thread on 22:54 - Sep 19 with 1897 viewsthemodfather

Ok didn’t go glad we didn’t lose and salvaged a point , we are in a bloody sad place we ain’t good enough for top 6 or mid table we are looking at a long nervy season scrapping for all we can get . No budget unless that south London shower sell EZE for £100m asap or new investment comes in , if we had lost tonight we were in the dog doo a point keeps up above it for now sad to think we might be saved cos some other shower balls their accounts snd cop s deduction or two
Swans Match thread on 22:55 - Sep 19 with 1882 viewsQPROslo

Swans Match thread on 20:11 - Sep 19 by aston_hoop

Oh Sinclair, that was the chance.

Was a lovely ball to him from Dozzell.
Swans Match thread on 22:56 - Sep 19 with 1880 viewsEastR

Swans Match thread on 22:41 - Sep 19 by Boston

Dunne and Colbeck in the starting eleven will make this a very different side.

You're probably half right there

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Swans Match thread on 22:59 - Sep 19 with 1845 viewsNed_Kennedys

It was hard work watching that tonight.

Ainsworth has got to be more attacking at home: Dykes should have started and gobsmacked he wasn’t put on at HT after that turgid first half performance. Would’ve started with two up front against a piss poor Swansea side and fine for it: need to find a way to win at home!

Armstrong was very poor, Dozzell back to his old ways, Willock way off anywhere near his best, Smyth a threat but quality not there enough. Chair kept going and got there in the end, superb Dykes header and if he had been on longer and he’d scored that earlier we’d have gone on to win.
Defence were untroubled after the goal.

Two points dropped tonight.
Swans Match thread on 23:07 - Sep 19 with 1772 viewsHAYESBOY

Reminded me of the Faurlin ball to Zamora at Spuds in the Prem to go one up. Beautiful disguised reverse ball.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Swans Match thread on 23:10 - Sep 19 with 1747 views89_50

Excellent equaliser aside, that was rancid.

We won't play may worse teams than Swansea this season, and we laboured it.

I can't get on board with the 'great battling point' mentality. It was awful.

And I can't for the life of me figure out why we kept with the wing back, more reserved set up, to start with, let alone stuck with it until the 80th minute when still a goal down.

We should have been four at the back and attacking that shower of a team from the go.
Swans Match thread on 23:11 - Sep 19 with 1736 viewsslmrstid

We deserved at least a point and glad we got it but we are very weak.

Glad I came down, I was in Manchester for most of today but was able to get down to London still.

Now stuck at Euston waiting for a train back to Rugby where all the Avanti trains are massively delayed, as they were from Manchester earlier because...Avanti. (tree on the line between Rugby and Nuneaton earlier but everyone else seems to have caught up...)
Swans Match thread on 23:16 - Sep 19 with 1686 viewsNorthLondonR

Swans Match thread on 22:59 - Sep 19 by Ned_Kennedys

It was hard work watching that tonight.

Ainsworth has got to be more attacking at home: Dykes should have started and gobsmacked he wasn’t put on at HT after that turgid first half performance. Would’ve started with two up front against a piss poor Swansea side and fine for it: need to find a way to win at home!

Armstrong was very poor, Dozzell back to his old ways, Willock way off anywhere near his best, Smyth a threat but quality not there enough. Chair kept going and got there in the end, superb Dykes header and if he had been on longer and he’d scored that earlier we’d have gone on to win.
Defence were untroubled after the goal.

Two points dropped tonight.

Nauseating was the word du jour in this household, predictable, loathsome nonsense really, but we got a point from the jaws of nothing so that offers some hope. Armstrong can't play at home on his own for sure, no way, but I think Brum away may suit him but he needs so, so much coaching... anyone got sir les' number?

A lot of huff and puff and not much else. Desperately required an early switch to 4 at the back with Smyth pushed up on their left back but alas a chance missed. I'm strangely optimistic for Friday however
Swans Match thread on 23:27 - Sep 19 with 1618 viewsbaz_qpr

Just back, got away with one today, from the off we were disjointed lethargic and disorganised we c conceded the midfield we did not press well as a team, we did not attack well as a team, time and again especially 1st half we got into good positions and had one player in the box v 6 or 2 v 8. Bar Sinclairs one where he thought he was offside and then panicked when he realised he was not, and the goal we barely created a chance. Our movement and interplay was poor. I've seen. praise for Smyth who got into good positions and then put in terrible crosses. Ilias was guilty of overplaying for most of the game. Dozzell reverted to type, with Field having to carry that midfield.

That was the worst Swansea team for years. I've just listened to Gareth's post match and I think he must have been at a different game
Swans Match thread on 23:32 - Sep 19 with 1594 viewsbaz_qpr

Swans Match thread on 23:16 - Sep 19 by NorthLondonR

Nauseating was the word du jour in this household, predictable, loathsome nonsense really, but we got a point from the jaws of nothing so that offers some hope. Armstrong can't play at home on his own for sure, no way, but I think Brum away may suit him but he needs so, so much coaching... anyone got sir les' number?

A lot of huff and puff and not much else. Desperately required an early switch to 4 at the back with Smyth pushed up on their left back but alas a chance missed. I'm strangely optimistic for Friday however

Armstrong was totally isolated and got no service at all, he kept getting offside as we kept delaying the pass. Set up as we did at Cardiff going forwards. Its Willock or Chair because we dont have a good enough 8 in midfield to play both of them and pull the strings and link
Swans Match thread on 23:37 - Sep 19 with 1557 viewsAntti_Heinola

Swans Match thread on 23:27 - Sep 19 by baz_qpr

Just back, got away with one today, from the off we were disjointed lethargic and disorganised we c conceded the midfield we did not press well as a team, we did not attack well as a team, time and again especially 1st half we got into good positions and had one player in the box v 6 or 2 v 8. Bar Sinclairs one where he thought he was offside and then panicked when he realised he was not, and the goal we barely created a chance. Our movement and interplay was poor. I've seen. praise for Smyth who got into good positions and then put in terrible crosses. Ilias was guilty of overplaying for most of the game. Dozzell reverted to type, with Field having to carry that midfield.

That was the worst Swansea team for years. I've just listened to Gareth's post match and I think he must have been at a different game

We were desperately poor, but didn’t ‘get away’ with anything. It was two very poor teams, one scored a handball, the other equalised. 1-1 was a fair result.

Paal was player of the match for me, Smyth and Field also good. Chair patchy but if we had 11 players who ran like Illy, Field and Smyth we’d win the league.

Willock was desperate. Jesus what has happened?

Two away wins didn’t convince me however, it’ll be miraculous if we stay up.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024