Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans Match thread 14:57 - Sep 19 with 40783 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Hopefully we can mute their fans and giver them a whoopering…..I’ll get my coat.

Going for a solid 2-0 win tonight.

Come on you SuperHooopsah
Swans Match thread on 23:38 - Sep 19 with 2599 viewsmarkrtid

That was such a shower of shite, the half time sprinklers made an early appearance.
Make a change before its too late.
Swans Match thread on 23:56 - Sep 19 with 2523 viewsNorthLondonR

Swans Match thread on 23:32 - Sep 19 by baz_qpr

Armstrong was totally isolated and got no service at all, he kept getting offside as we kept delaying the pass. Set up as we did at Cardiff going forwards. Its Willock or Chair because we dont have a good enough 8 in midfield to play both of them and pull the strings and link

Which is the same pattern at home every time.. he simply can't play on his own up front at home, but at St Andrews I think he'll have space to exploit... granted his service was crap but he does favour space and width. At home he needs a foil and not the aimless hoofing
Swans Match thread on 00:12 - Sep 20 with 2449 viewslave16

Swans Match thread on 23:37 - Sep 19 by Antti_Heinola

We were desperately poor, but didn’t ‘get away’ with anything. It was two very poor teams, one scored a handball, the other equalised. 1-1 was a fair result.

Paal was player of the match for me, Smyth and Field also good. Chair patchy but if we had 11 players who ran like Illy, Field and Smyth we’d win the league.

Willock was desperate. Jesus what has happened?

Two away wins didn’t convince me however, it’ll be miraculous if we stay up.

Only seen last 15-20 minutes and actually thought we didn't look to bad. We had some drive to get a draw something we didn't have since last September. We are not the most talented. In CDM dozzell looks like Andy dufresne wandering around Shawshank only half interested. Smyth and Kakay run like mad and try very hard. Willock didn't see much of him kelman surprised he came on. Chair looked a step above. Dykes great finish. We don't look like a team that will fold this year. Unlike last year if the wind changed direction we lay down. Yes we were playing a team we should have beat but the positive is we didn't get beat. I think we're staying up and possibly gonna get better

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Swans Match thread on 02:33 - Sep 20 with 2279 viewsSydneyRs

Swans Match thread on 22:15 - Sep 19 by Lblock

Felt we were playing with 8 and a half men at times.

Willock is just baggage - his mind is elsewhere and his body is that which you see growing tall in the breeze outside petrol stations - a windsock of a man.
Dozzell just hides 50% of the time, the other 50% he's just looking to cut shapes like a Madonna vogue video.
Kakay - fair play he never hides but his first touch is so poor his second touch is usually a foul and he is prone to, shall we say, wander. Gives it his all I suppose

Kelman ahead of Kolli surprised me.

The positives were Chair and Field - they are so much better than whats around them. Also props to Dykes - that was a beast of a header, fair play to him.

I see nothing but League One in the distance unless 3 quality additions come in and hit the ground running.
FFP me that on League One gates and TV revenue my friend.

In summary -- foggy.

While WIllock's mind may be elsewhere, that elsewhere is more likely to be Wealdstone than Liverpool or Chelsea at the moment. Tossing his career away.
Swans Match thread on 07:03 - Sep 20 with 2035 viewsLowerloftLad

A draw was fair I don't believe either side deserved to win the game. Two very poor sides last night with no real quality apart from one good cross and a great header.

Poor old Armstrong getting hung out to dry. He didn't get any service Smyth was hitting it about 30 yards over everyone head while chair tried to beat 4 players before putting the ball in the box.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2023 7:08]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Swans Match thread on 07:20 - Sep 20 with 1981 viewsGloucs_R

First live game this season...

They were poor but we didn't look too bad at the back. Blatant handball for their goal. Kakay tried hard, didn't always have the quality. Paal was assured.

Dozzell, forgot he was there most of the time. Weaker than Budweiser.

Field battled hard and showed some leadership.

Chair really doesn't have a left foot does he. So predictable where he's going but at least he makes things happen and clearly cares.

Smyth did a few nice things but not much came off for him.

Willock, awful. Thought Kolli looked a better player when he came on!

Sinclair, ineffective last night. Constantly offside. Really surprised he started ahead of Dykes. I know he's young and raw, but he's still got a lot to improve on. His positioning and touch aren't great. Definitely needs lots of work. I would rather see him come off the bench when their defense has tired legs.

Dykes looked up for it as soon as he came on and what a finish that was.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Swans Match thread on 07:45 - Sep 20 with 1894 viewsdaveB

shows how people see game differently. I thought Willock did OK, not sure where he was supposed to be playing though. Miles off what he can be but needs games and no lack of effort from him which has been the case for a while. Seemed to have 2/3 men on him every time he got the ball but didn't lose it very often

Chair was very good, worked so hard all game to make something happen

Overall it was good to see the effort on show and to come from behind to get something. Small steps but it was better than Saturday

Loads to improve on but games like last night show that phrase I just want to see the team giving their all is complete nonsense as this team clearly is but no one seems happy about it
[Post edited 20 Sep 2023 7:48]
Swans Match thread on 07:49 - Sep 20 with 1878 viewsnix

Swans Match thread on 21:48 - Sep 19 by kensalriser

Dykes should be starting next game. Put enough crosses in for him and he'll get more of those.

I can see why he didn't yesterday though. They've learnt from last season about bringing people back for 90 minutes too quickly. Dykes always gives a massive amount in games. It's probably been sensible for him to have had some minutes for Scotland and then a couple of matches for us not starting and he's likely up to speed to start at Birmingham.

I would think that ideally Armstrong comes on normally later in games at his current state of development. He can't really hold the ball up and he's going to be better running at tired defences.

What a header though. And fantastic delivery. Our crossing seems to have improved. There were some lovely balls in from Smyth (as well as some overhit ones), Kakay and Chair that people didn't get on the end of or in one case from Armstrong, he snatched at it because he thought he was offside.

I know he can't work on everything at once, but I'd like him to work on players anticipating crosses and just throwing themselves at a few more. Obviously I only saw them in real time so it's hard to know how close they were to them but it did seem like we missed a few big chances just by not getting to good balls in.

We really missed Colback yesterday. He's a big player for us and it's clear we really lacked someone last season who can be a harrier in midfield, link defence and attack and close down spaces in the middle of the park.

I remain disappointed with Willock. I know people were saying he was better last night but I still think he's playing at half speed. There's just not the sharpness he had at the beginning of last season. It's very frustrating seeing him as half the player he was.
Login to get fewer ads

Swans Match thread on 08:09 - Sep 20 with 1804 viewsloftus77

I hope someone tells him that the bright lights of Lower .Mead are these days a well-known supermarket....
Swans Match thread on 08:25 - Sep 20 with 1765 viewsRangersw12

Still can't believe we started the game as we did last night

We just stood off Swansea and allowed them to get into the game . The way GA sets us up just isn't working at home .
Swans Match thread on 08:38 - Sep 20 with 1726 viewsDejR_vu

Swans Match thread on 23:37 - Sep 19 by Antti_Heinola

We were desperately poor, but didn’t ‘get away’ with anything. It was two very poor teams, one scored a handball, the other equalised. 1-1 was a fair result.

Paal was player of the match for me, Smyth and Field also good. Chair patchy but if we had 11 players who ran like Illy, Field and Smyth we’d win the league.

Willock was desperate. Jesus what has happened?

Two away wins didn’t convince me however, it’ll be miraculous if we stay up.

Well according to GA, if we start games the way we finished last night, “nobody can live with us in this league” 😳

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Swans Match thread on 08:44 - Sep 20 with 1693 viewsDejR_vu

We do need to play to LD’s strengths. He’s not the greatest but he’s far better with his head than his feet. He’s been living off scraps for years. He’s the one player I thought would benefit from moving away from Warbsball, but we still don’t play to his strengths. We need to be getting quality balls into the box for him to attack with his head. I think, if we can do that, he will score goals. SA, for all his promise, is, to put it kindly, incredibly raw, we can’t expect him to carry us to safety.

Swans Match thread on 08:46 - Sep 20 with 1676 viewsmonners1969

First live game of the season. bloody M1 being closed on way home was annoying!

1-1 probably about fair. Swansea kept the ball so much better than us but looked pretty toothless up front. When we played it quickly up front on the floor or in behind for Smyth we caused them lots of problems.

Chair is an energiser bunny ran his socks off again and looked great on the ball but he obviously still needs to get his timing with Armstrong right. a few times we could have released him earlier (which is what Armstrong needs)

Armstrong - theres loads to like - put the ball in behind a defence and hes very scary, and his hold up play is improving massively - where I thought he was really lacking is his Box work - doesnt seem to come alive at all and as peeps have said he probaly needs a foil (especially at home).

Smyth was very lively and if he made a mistake he put it right put in a couple of good crosses and a couple of row Zsss

I thought Willock showed real signs last night and there was a 10 min spell where him and chair started linking up again which was promising.

Fox Cook Paal Kakay all ok - but we didnt look comfortable at anything coming down either wing really.

Our main 2 problems I think are anyone to link the play between back and front and so we resport to a lot of long balls. We play nothing through the middle. Goal threat - as mentioned Armstrong needs to improve his Box presence or you play him with Dykes. But I dont see us scoring more than 2 goals in any game this season.

Dykes made a big difference when coming on - great finish and pleased that the drive home was with points!

Sat in the R Block great noise even if the attendance numbers were low...

Early call but I reckon 20th is where we will be most of the season... gulp
Swans Match thread on 08:57 - Sep 20 with 1608 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"Our main 2 problems I think are anyone to link the play between back and front and so we resport to a lot of long balls. We play nothing through the middle. Goal threat - as mentioned Armstrong needs to improve his Box presence or you play him with Dykes. But I dont see us scoring more than 2 goals in any game this season."

Spot on, Monners.

We had Chair and Willock starting last night and we still couldn't get the ball forward in any cohesive way. We played most of the game at home to an awful side with two defensive banks sitting far too deep and a young forward completely isolated. With predictable reults. Ainsworth has to figure this out, because it's not good enough. And it won't be good enough.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Swans Match thread on 08:58 - Sep 20 with 1605 viewsDejR_vu

Swans Match thread on 08:46 - Sep 20 by monners1969

First live game of the season. bloody M1 being closed on way home was annoying!

1-1 probably about fair. Swansea kept the ball so much better than us but looked pretty toothless up front. When we played it quickly up front on the floor or in behind for Smyth we caused them lots of problems.

Chair is an energiser bunny ran his socks off again and looked great on the ball but he obviously still needs to get his timing with Armstrong right. a few times we could have released him earlier (which is what Armstrong needs)

Armstrong - theres loads to like - put the ball in behind a defence and hes very scary, and his hold up play is improving massively - where I thought he was really lacking is his Box work - doesnt seem to come alive at all and as peeps have said he probaly needs a foil (especially at home).

Smyth was very lively and if he made a mistake he put it right put in a couple of good crosses and a couple of row Zsss

I thought Willock showed real signs last night and there was a 10 min spell where him and chair started linking up again which was promising.

Fox Cook Paal Kakay all ok - but we didnt look comfortable at anything coming down either wing really.

Our main 2 problems I think are anyone to link the play between back and front and so we resport to a lot of long balls. We play nothing through the middle. Goal threat - as mentioned Armstrong needs to improve his Box presence or you play him with Dykes. But I dont see us scoring more than 2 goals in any game this season.

Dykes made a big difference when coming on - great finish and pleased that the drive home was with points!

Sat in the R Block great noise even if the attendance numbers were low...

Early call but I reckon 20th is where we will be most of the season... gulp

There’s a lot to like about SA, but in terms of striker instinct, he’s reminding me of Connor Washington. He never seems to be alive to what’s going on, never anticipates, needs many, many chances. You can’t coach instinct in to someone, so he’s got a lot of work to do on something that doesn’t come naturally to him.

Clearly, he’s got far more to his game than CW, in terms of speed and strength, but, to me, at the moment, he’s more a winger than a striker, but even then needs an end product because he’s likely to be ahead of everyone else more often than not.

Swans Match thread on 09:14 - Sep 20 with 1538 viewsbaz_qpr

Swans Match thread on 08:58 - Sep 20 by DejR_vu

There’s a lot to like about SA, but in terms of striker instinct, he’s reminding me of Connor Washington. He never seems to be alive to what’s going on, never anticipates, needs many, many chances. You can’t coach instinct in to someone, so he’s got a lot of work to do on something that doesn’t come naturally to him.

Clearly, he’s got far more to his game than CW, in terms of speed and strength, but, to me, at the moment, he’s more a winger than a striker, but even then needs an end product because he’s likely to be ahead of everyone else more often than not.

I think that is a little unfair, based on last night alone (He was not at the races) and the service was diabolical. I think he looked tired and isolated last night. I also think if he had started Dykes upfront rather than Armstrong the outcome would have been exactly the same. Armstrong missed one chance, Dykes scored a very good header. The issue was not the indivudal it was build up play, the fact that no one other than Armstrong was ahead of the ball That both midfielders were sitting too deep, that the back 5 was sitting too deep. I think in recent weeks Armstrongs hold up play has been better than Dykes.

If I was Ainsworth I would be lining up as we did at Cardiff with Dykes behind Armstrong and Chair roaming. I'm not sure Willock brought much to the party and I dont really see what his role is in the team in this set up other than as understudy to Chair
Swans Match thread on 09:20 - Sep 20 with 1477 viewsstevec

Swans Match thread on 08:58 - Sep 20 by DejR_vu

It’s a major problem with all our forwards. None of them seem able to take up the right position and whilst Smyth was hit and miss with his crosses, he also made some quality crosses along with one from Field that a decent team would convert.

Swansea look a very poor side yet for 90 minutes it was a stroll for them.
Swans Match thread on 09:26 - Sep 20 with 1448 viewsDejR_vu

Swans Match thread on 09:14 - Sep 20 by baz_qpr

I think that is a little unfair, based on last night alone (He was not at the races) and the service was diabolical. I think he looked tired and isolated last night. I also think if he had started Dykes upfront rather than Armstrong the outcome would have been exactly the same. Armstrong missed one chance, Dykes scored a very good header. The issue was not the indivudal it was build up play, the fact that no one other than Armstrong was ahead of the ball That both midfielders were sitting too deep, that the back 5 was sitting too deep. I think in recent weeks Armstrongs hold up play has been better than Dykes.

If I was Ainsworth I would be lining up as we did at Cardiff with Dykes behind Armstrong and Chair roaming. I'm not sure Willock brought much to the party and I dont really see what his role is in the team in this set up other than as understudy to Chair

For me, SA’s strengths lend themselves to the counter-attacking style we play away from home. We need to be more assertive at home. I’d be starting him away, and using him as an impact sub at home, to cause a bit of chaos in the last 20 minutes that someone else might be able to benefit from.

Swans Match thread on 09:27 - Sep 20 with 1445 viewsTK1

Armstrong's most effective game was Cardiff, when Dykes also played. They need to play together, neither is a lone striker - it's too much to ask of Armstrong at this stage anyway as teams know him now.

When Colback returns and with a decent new RB (fingers crossed), I''d consider a front three of Dykes centrally with Smyth and Armstrong either side, Chair (Dozzell and Willock as understudies) behind centrally and Field and Colback in front of a back four. We have good enough, fit CBs now for that and I'd pick Cook with JCS. GA won't do this (but whoever replaces him if we don't start winning home games surely will). Currently, we have no pattern of attacking play other than channel balls to Armstrong who is man-marked with a spare to cover. This at least provides some options for those balls to stick.
Swans Match thread on 09:28 - Sep 20 with 1436 viewsdmm

Swans Match thread on 08:57 - Sep 20 by BrianMcCarthy

"Our main 2 problems I think are anyone to link the play between back and front and so we resport to a lot of long balls. We play nothing through the middle. Goal threat - as mentioned Armstrong needs to improve his Box presence or you play him with Dykes. But I dont see us scoring more than 2 goals in any game this season."

Spot on, Monners.

We had Chair and Willock starting last night and we still couldn't get the ball forward in any cohesive way. We played most of the game at home to an awful side with two defensive banks sitting far too deep and a young forward completely isolated. With predictable reults. Ainsworth has to figure this out, because it's not good enough. And it won't be good enough.

Yep, agree as well Brian. I'd like to see Chair play a bit deeper and more centrally to address this problem. He's become rather predictable wide left anyway and, of course, Willock can play in that area.
Swans Match thread on 09:43 - Sep 20 with 1347 viewsuwontbegrinningsoon

Swans Match thread on 07:03 - Sep 20 by LowerloftLad

A draw was fair I don't believe either side deserved to win the game. Two very poor sides last night with no real quality apart from one good cross and a great header.

Poor old Armstrong getting hung out to dry. He didn't get any service Smyth was hitting it about 30 yards over everyone head while chair tried to beat 4 players before putting the ball in the box.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2023 7:08]

Swansea looked better in their passing and control. Dykes saved the day=man of the match because of that. I thought QPR were poor for the 70 mins I was able to watch.
Swans Match thread on 09:55 - Sep 20 with 1285 views89_50

Swans Match thread on 09:20 - Sep 20 by stevec

It’s a major problem with all our forwards. None of them seem able to take up the right position and whilst Smyth was hit and miss with his crosses, he also made some quality crosses along with one from Field that a decent team would convert.

Swansea look a very poor side yet for 90 minutes it was a stroll for them.

I think part of this is that we don't have strikers with a natural instinct for the role.

Dykes was very late to the game (from a development perspective), so relies on his size and heading to be effective in his play. He's never had that academy upbringing, which shows at times.

Armstrong is clearly still learning the game and doesn't possess the anticipation (at the moment) to be a finisher. He's still incredibly young, so maybe that can be coached into him.
Swans Match thread on 09:55 - Sep 20 with 1276 viewsTheChef

Swans Match thread on 21:59 - Sep 19 by ted_hendrix

I reckon we're In serious trouble over the rest of this season.

I'm stone cold being honest.

Kill me If I'm wrong, I saw nothing there tonight of any value.

Come on it was light years ahead of the dross served up last season, at least in terms of work rate and application.

I agree though that the quality in the final third was lacking (until the goal) and that is something we need to improve.

But there was lots to be optimistic about - and the Swansea goal should have been chalked off as we all know.

Rome wasn't built in a day, let's give the players and coaching staff a bit of time to build this shall we? 39 games to go.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Swans Match thread on 10:06 - Sep 20 with 1205 viewsconnell10

We were Shite and Swansea were Shite, but we didn't lose and we kept a relegation rival behind us , 7 points is 7 more than I thought we would have had after the Watford game and throw into the mix we have been unlucky. All we can do I suppose is get behind this team of likeable players and hope for the best. And yes this is gonna be a long hard season. U R , sss.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Swans Match thread on 10:15 - Sep 20 with 1138 viewsderbyhoop

Expectations.

We're not a good side and a home fraw to struggling Swansea is a disappointment. But finishing 21st or better is the mist we can expect.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024