Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President 18:42 - Sep 30 with 28002 viewsGloryHunter

Bit of a long read, but worth it if you're interested in the current shenanigans:
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/01/07/how-mark-burnett-resurrected-donal
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 23:29 - Oct 2 with 1958 viewsJuzzie

Whether its real or a stunt, one thing is for sure is that he’ll milk it for all its worth.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 23:47 - Oct 2 with 1883 viewsSharpy36

Cincy, great post.

You mentioned in an earlier post about the "Silent majority", ironically, since your long post the "Vocal minority" are here in all thier splendour with words of wisdom on how you should be voting, and where you`re going wrong. It`s a London thing, always behind what the rest of the country thinks.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 23:56 - Oct 2 with 1870 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Cincy,

Thanks for the long post. Not easy, I'm sure.

For the record, I wasn't won over. But I enjoyed your post all the same.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 00:06 - Oct 3 with 1841 viewsHunterhoop

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 23:47 - Oct 2 by Sharpy36

Cincy, great post.

You mentioned in an earlier post about the "Silent majority", ironically, since your long post the "Vocal minority" are here in all thier splendour with words of wisdom on how you should be voting, and where you`re going wrong. It`s a London thing, always behind what the rest of the country thinks.

Democrats have won the popular vote for several elections running, so that doesn’t ring true about majorities and minorities, Sharpy. Nice attempt at a narrative though.

Cincy’s second, long post was great and very interesting to read. I appreciate him explaining his position. But that doesn’t mean it’s an objectively strong justification for a voting choice.

The question he asks at the end is key. My opinion, which we’re all entitled to, is that his answer is wrong. If we all voted in the interests of the majority (or at least what we thought would benefit the majority) not ourselves, we’d all benefit in the long run.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 00:14 - Oct 3 with 1822 viewsCincyHoop

I feel really humbled and accepted by all of your responses, whether you agree/disagree, thats not really the point. Like I said in the post before, I don't really like to talk about politics, and felt like the biggest hypocrite, and still do as I type this message by even replying to this thread.

I don't really know what compelled me to reply to this particular thread, especially given the fact that I check in on this site multiple times a day just to make sure I don't miss anyone arguing about whether Manning is a LB, WB, LW, (personally hes a LW for me but WTF do I know?) I honestly clicked on the 50+ page corona thread once in April and said I'd never go back. Not because I thought people were spreading fake news or any of that BS, just would rather not spend my precious spare time reading about stuff that is sad as fvck or mentally exhausting. I'd rather come here and read 6 unintelligent people literally argue the rationale for a decision insert (*Les/Lee/Board/Uncle Tone) has or hasn't made 9 months from now regarding the impending sale of Chair, all based on pure assumption and speculation.

But idk, something about that title that GloryHunter must have wrote lured me in. I read and for the first time in my life, to really a bunch of people I have no fvcking clue who they are, told them a story about my upbringing and why I'm voting for Trump. Corona must do some strange stuff to some peoples mind.

I'm going to walk down the street to the local pub called Millions (real hell hole type joint but with a nice bartender with huge sweater puppies). If any of this helped explain anything, happy to help.

Lets get a W tomorrow.

COYRssss

......American cheese. (had to do it).
[Post edited 3 Oct 2020 0:17]
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 00:21 - Oct 3 with 1791 viewsSharpy36

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 00:06 - Oct 3 by Hunterhoop

Democrats have won the popular vote for several elections running, so that doesn’t ring true about majorities and minorities, Sharpy. Nice attempt at a narrative though.

Cincy’s second, long post was great and very interesting to read. I appreciate him explaining his position. But that doesn’t mean it’s an objectively strong justification for a voting choice.

The question he asks at the end is key. My opinion, which we’re all entitled to, is that his answer is wrong. If we all voted in the interests of the majority (or at least what we thought would benefit the majority) not ourselves, we’d all benefit in the long run.

On your second point, is that not what Labour voters have been doing for generations, many in industrial northern heart lands ? (Pin a red rosette to a donkey)

Fast forward to June 24th 2016 to 19th December 2019 and how thier representatives behaved, something had to give.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 00:26 - Oct 3 with 1788 viewsSharpy36

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 00:14 - Oct 3 by CincyHoop

I feel really humbled and accepted by all of your responses, whether you agree/disagree, thats not really the point. Like I said in the post before, I don't really like to talk about politics, and felt like the biggest hypocrite, and still do as I type this message by even replying to this thread.

I don't really know what compelled me to reply to this particular thread, especially given the fact that I check in on this site multiple times a day just to make sure I don't miss anyone arguing about whether Manning is a LB, WB, LW, (personally hes a LW for me but WTF do I know?) I honestly clicked on the 50+ page corona thread once in April and said I'd never go back. Not because I thought people were spreading fake news or any of that BS, just would rather not spend my precious spare time reading about stuff that is sad as fvck or mentally exhausting. I'd rather come here and read 6 unintelligent people literally argue the rationale for a decision insert (*Les/Lee/Board/Uncle Tone) has or hasn't made 9 months from now regarding the impending sale of Chair, all based on pure assumption and speculation.

But idk, something about that title that GloryHunter must have wrote lured me in. I read and for the first time in my life, to really a bunch of people I have no fvcking clue who they are, told them a story about my upbringing and why I'm voting for Trump. Corona must do some strange stuff to some peoples mind.

I'm going to walk down the street to the local pub called Millions (real hell hole type joint but with a nice bartender with huge sweater puppies). If any of this helped explain anything, happy to help.

Lets get a W tomorrow.

COYRssss

......American cheese. (had to do it).
[Post edited 3 Oct 2020 0:17]

It don`t take us much to get sparring on here. Enjoy your evening.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2020 0:44]

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 00:33 - Oct 3 with 1788 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Fugg Donald Trump, if using "Let's get a W tomorrow" doesn't get you banned then there's no law nor order in the world anymore.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 01:15 - Oct 3 with 1752 viewsqueensparker

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 00:33 - Oct 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Fugg Donald Trump, if using "Let's get a W tomorrow" doesn't get you banned then there's no law nor order in the world anymore.

F–k that - American cheese?? That’s surely a permaban.

You mean that stuff you spray out of cans?
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 01:17 - Oct 3 with 1750 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 23:11 - Oct 2 by GloryHunter

Depends what you mean by good.

I know you are not wishing the President Of the United States to die there GloryHunter it would be a reprehensible comment if you were .
Just like Borris Johnson when he went close this is a catastrophic illness and Trump himself is at high risk so hopefully the man pulls through.
There is an election in 30 something days and let the US population vote him out then but give the man a fighting chance to beat Covid not wishing him to die .
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 03:21 - Oct 3 with 1702 viewsHoopsie

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 09:38 - Oct 2 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Don't remember the yanks bombing my grannies chip shop
or starting 2 wars that killed upwards of 130ML

YET!

Trump has German roots, so that’s a worry then, surely

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 06:03 - Oct 3 with 1649 viewsBklynRanger

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 23:11 - Oct 2 by GloryHunter

Depends what you mean by good.

Didn't mean to down arrow that, got a bit over excited.

Anyway hang in there, Donald, this thing is nothing it's going to go away one day like a miracle. That's why you went to Walter Reed in your big helicopter as soon as you developed mild symptoms. Overall I'd rate your personal virus response a 10.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 06:08 - Oct 3 with 1643 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 21:24 - Oct 2 by CincyHoop

Alright, I really hope you guys aren't going to try and dissect something that isn't there, but here goes nothing. I'm also not going to go into a lot of specifics, I hope you guys respect this and as a previous poster brought up, at least in my family growing up, you don't really push your political views on others, and this is not what I'm intending to do with this post.

It is purely my opinion and I'm not qualified or educated, (enough) or passionate enough about this stuff to really give my opinion. However, that being said, I'm willing to give it (only because others asked) in a brief synopsis. Also, I apologize in advance as I'm not a grammar expert, so if it feels like rambling, its because I had about 6 beers at lunch to celebrate a deal with a Company that was just announced.

I grew up in a really small, farming community in northwest Ohio (Google it, its called Fort Jennings) and I wouldn't trade it for the world. No full-time cops. Doors left unlocked at night, no crime. You know everyone in town, and they know you, so there is a bit of accountability to a certain degree. If you messed up, everyone and their brother knew it the next day, by 11am after church. Everyone was a strong republican, or atleast 99% of them.

People in that area don't want government in their lives, they are live off the land type people. If you shake the hand of another man (or woman), that was business, not the signature. A handshake. We grew up so poor, that I actually didn't realize we were poor, because that is just what everyone else around me grew up like. Dad never went to college, he was laid off when I was 10, and started his own business to just pay the electric bills (I was so naive at the time I didn't know) and my mother is a school teacher for elementary school (6th grade).

We had nothing, didn't know anything, fat, dumb and happy I guess. Even the "great recession" that happened in, didn't really impact us, because I guess the poor is kinda insulated from such a thing.

I took a liking for finance at a pretty young age and must have generally picked up the concept of risk/return at way to young of an age than I should have (probably why I like Warbs so much). I go to college to study Finance and Economics at the young age of 18, never leaving my small farming village before. I take to it, do well (enough) in school and stay out of trouble. I end up landing what turns out to be a really good job at a rather large sized bank in the US. I do very fine for a 29 yr old, no kids, not married, generally do what I want (Traveled to London back in 2018 to watch QPR win against Brentford at LR).

You might get to this point and say, well where in the hell is this person going, and I think that is the point? I'm a "normal" 29 yr old from USA, I live in one of the most battleground states in all of the US (some would say the biggest battleground state), I don't regularly watch political news (however its nearly impossible to escape). All of my TV commercials are dominated by either Ohio or Kentucky (I live approx. 500 yards (take your meters and shove them up your @$$ (insert wink gif)) from Kentucky - Ohio River) and you literally just get so worn down and nearly immune to the political commercials.

I get to the bottom of this message and I thought, I didn't really even answer the original question? Why are you voting for Trump?

In short, I grew up in a very "yes sir" or "no sir" type of household. My parents are staunch Republicans, and that was always instilled in me growing up (fiscally conservatism, and we don't take $h!t from anyone). However, as you move to a more "cultured" society, you realize that not everything your parents told you as a young child is correct, and you don't necessarily want to follow in your parents footsteps, or share their same political beliefs.

All that being said, I also have my own beliefs, and I work for a really big bank, who would for clear and obvious reasons vote for Trump. And therefore, I don't bite the hand that feeds me. I'm so tired of people trying to ram their political views down my throat that you almost become rebellious about it. How many of you would want to hear for 4 straight years how you are "ignorant", "not intelligent", "racist", "You don't care about the less fortunate". None of those could actually be further from the truth. But who am I to tell you what the "truth" is? I will never tell someone to vote a certain way, or for a certain cause. Maybe that is just because how my parents raised me.

The real question is, do you vote for what you "believe" you think is right for the better of the common public, or do you vote for what would benefit you, specifically the most, and hope that is aligned with the general public?

*Please, don't come at me trying to dissuade me, try to influence my opinion or attack anyone else who might share similar beliefs. That's not why I replied to this.* I really value all of your opinions and I'm generally just here to educate myself and follow QPR. I just felt for some reason compelled to reply to this thread. Accept it, get mad at it, ask a billion questions, I don't really care. All I ask is that you don't ridicule me for my view points because quite frankly it felt awkward enough typing them out.

COYRssssssssssssss

As a 32-year-old bleeding heart liberal from New York who wishes the US would move towards more of a social democracy, we probably disagree on most things regarding politics, but I appreciate your very strong post and ability to articulate your POV. Generally speaking we all need to be more empathetic of where others come from and try to be a little more open-minded.

Thanks for posting.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 06:24 - Oct 3 with 1633 viewstraininvain

Chris Wallace reporting that Trump arrived to the debate too late to be tested and other reports that he knew Hope Hicks had Covid and still travelled to a campaign event to meet his supporters despite having spent a lot of time with her preparing for the debate.

At least seven people who attended Amy Coney Barrett’s Supreme Court nomination event at the Rose Garden have tested positive including Trump. It’s being called a potential super spreader event with a number of Trump’s team testing positive.

This doesn’t reflect well on a president claiming to have Coronavirus under control. And only a few weeks before the election.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 07:54 - Oct 3 with 1587 viewsRanger_Things

Trump tests positive so now doing a 'Boris' to cover his reckless incompetence and gain sympathy?

We'll know for sure if he also comes out of hospital even fatter than he went in.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2020 7:58]
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 08:19 - Oct 3 with 1558 viewstraininvain

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 07:54 - Oct 3 by Ranger_Things

Trump tests positive so now doing a 'Boris' to cover his reckless incompetence and gain sympathy?

We'll know for sure if he also comes out of hospital even fatter than he went in.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2020 7:58]

I thought so when the news broke. But the optics of Trump and half his inner circle getting the virus only a few weeks before the election can’t be good. It makes them look reckless and incapable of dealing with the pandemic which is pretty much spot on!
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 10:01 - Oct 3 with 1487 viewsGloryHunter

"I know you are not wishing the President Of the United States to die there GloryHunter it would be a reprehensible comment if you were".

I give you Bette Davis' comment on hearing of Joan Crawford's death - "You should never say bad things about the dead, only good… Joan Crawford is dead. Good.”
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 11:55 - Oct 3 with 1399 viewsGloryHunter

"Anger continues to mount against Twitter after it said those who use the platform to wish death upon Donald Trump were violating its policies.

The children’s laureate, Malorie Blackman, and the filmmaker Ava Duvernay are among the thousands of users to accuse the social media firm of double standards.

As Trump made his way to Walter Reed medical centre for treatment on Friday, many Twitter users, including his opponent Joe Biden, wished him a speedy recovery.

Many others, however did the opposite. They said they hoped he would die of the virus, which has killed more than 200,000 people in the US under his leadership while he repeatedly downplayed the severity of the disease.

The official Twitter Comms account said on Saturday: “Tweets that wish or hope for death, serious bodily harm or fatal disease against *anyone* are not allowed and will need to be removed.

“This does not automatically mean suspension.”

The announcement has come as a surprise to many Twitter users, especially people in marginalised communities who say they frequently experience abuse on the platform."
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 12:24 - Oct 3 with 1354 viewskensalriser

I think Cincy's post is as good an illustration as you'll find of how those who wish to dismantle democracy find their path all too easily.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 14:29 - Oct 3 with 1274 viewsqprd

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 12:24 - Oct 3 by kensalriser

I think Cincy's post is as good an illustration as you'll find of how those who wish to dismantle democracy find their path all too easily.

agreed
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 17:34 - Oct 3 with 1200 viewsWesty75

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 01:17 - Oct 3 by CLAREMAN1995

I know you are not wishing the President Of the United States to die there GloryHunter it would be a reprehensible comment if you were .
Just like Borris Johnson when he went close this is a catastrophic illness and Trump himself is at high risk so hopefully the man pulls through.
There is an election in 30 something days and let the US population vote him out then but give the man a fighting chance to beat Covid not wishing him to die .

Wouldn’t wish death on anyone but Trump deserves absolutely zero sympathy or well wishes given his response to the pandemic. With his constant playing down of the virus and discouraging mask wearing/social distancing he is pretty much directly responsible for the deaths of a hell of a lot of people. I hope he pulls through easily but only so he gets little sympathy and, in contracting COVID, just demonstrates yet again what an incompetent ignorant dick he is.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 17:54 - Oct 3 with 1176 viewsJuzzie

Trump is as dangerous a loon as any middle eastern leader they deem to despise but I wouldn’t wish death on him either.

As said, i hope its a sufficient wake up call to realise what it’s really like and will change his tune.

Sadly, i think he’s that much of a narcissistic sociopath he will use any recovery as a mark of his own superpowers and will carry on without any regard for others.

[Post edited 3 Oct 2020 17:59]
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 18:38 - Oct 3 with 1124 viewsBklynRanger

Honestly I don't see the huge ethical quandary here - I really hope the fcuker dies.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 18:43 - Oct 3 with 1109 viewstraininvain

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 18:38 - Oct 3 by BklynRanger

Honestly I don't see the huge ethical quandary here - I really hope the fcuker dies.

If Trump dies he becomes a martyr to his supporters and Trumpism will live on. I’d prefer to see him recover and lose the election.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 18:49 - Oct 3 with 1093 viewsSharpy36

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 18:38 - Oct 3 by BklynRanger

I thought you were better than that. Shame.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024