Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President 18:42 - Sep 30 with 28000 viewsGloryHunter

Bit of a long read, but worth it if you're interested in the current shenanigans:
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/01/07/how-mark-burnett-resurrected-donal
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 09:15 - Oct 2 with 1836 views2Thomas2Bowles

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 07:52 - Oct 2 by traininvain

Biden will need a test ASAP as he and Trump spent 90 mins in close contact on Tuesday.

Trump was literally mocking Biden for wearing a mask at the debate which could go down in history if Trump pops his clogs.

Maybe Trump knew he had it and wanted to infect Biden to kill him

Oh these conspiracies are going to fly now!!

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 09:32 - Oct 2 with 1827 viewsJuzzie

England and America are two countries separated by the same language.

I deal with people in the US and in Germany and I swear we have more in common with the Germans and they are far easier to get on with.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 09:38 - Oct 2 with 1787 views2Thomas2Bowles

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 09:32 - Oct 2 by Juzzie

I deal with people in the US and in Germany and I swear we have more in common with the Germans and they are far easier to get on with.

Don't remember the yanks bombing my grannies chip shop
or starting 2 wars that killed upwards of 130ML

YET!

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 09:50 - Oct 2 with 1780 views100percent

From Carole Cadwalladr on twitter this morning......

A reminder to all Americans that the net effect of our prime minister catching COVID-19 was that it prompted a surge of patriotic support. From which he emerged with renewed popularity. Which enabled him to tear up key functions of the state.It also silenced press & parliament at key moment in crisis from asking critical questions. And when it was announced he was moving to intensive care was moment of national shock. Everything about this is rocket fuel for ‘patriotism’.Donald Trump has the ‘China plague’. If I was Chinese-American, I would be fcking terrified right now

My thoughts are it's cynical and it's premeditated. It's a sympathy action that leads away from his tax issues and his loss of popularity. We should all be worried about this.....
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 09:58 - Oct 2 with 1763 viewsPaddyhoops

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 07:56 - Oct 2 by Northernr

Recovers in double quick time, shows how powerful he is and how this thing isn't that much of a big deal, crowd goes wild.

I make you right. I smell a rather large rat here.
Especially as that absolute shit show he was involved in the other night turned out to be a PR disaster.
He will literally try anything to cling on to power. There are no words to describe how low this excuse for pond life will stoop.
Sadly 40% of the electorate have his back.
Don't say much for them. Does it??
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 10:02 - Oct 2 with 1751 viewsPaddyhoops

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 09:38 - Oct 2 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Don't remember the yanks bombing my grannies chip shop
or starting 2 wars that killed upwards of 130ML

YET!

so you're quiet happy to lump in the last 3 generations of decent Germans (Of which I have many in laws including my wife who is half German) with the nazi killing machine.
I think its time to move on on that particular one.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 10:46 - Oct 2 with 1651 views2Thomas2Bowles

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 10:02 - Oct 2 by Paddyhoops

so you're quiet happy to lump in the last 3 generations of decent Germans (Of which I have many in laws including my wife who is half German) with the nazi killing machine.
I think its time to move on on that particular one.

The ruling bodies in both wars thought the brits won't make war with us as they are just like us and so much in common... and were supported by the LARGE majority of their citizens.

Do I lump 3 gens since, no but let's not forget that many of those that GOT AWAY with war crimes have still been in the community and had an influence and power.

Move on, they (not just the Germanys) always say Oh forget the past... till the next war.

I'll keep my sympathies for the 130M+ dead, (double the German pop today) that should never be forgotten if it's all the same to you.

Hardly a day goes by without someone battering this nation for it's past, but somehow being all PC that's ok, not allowed to forget it.

But don't mention the wars Basil.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2020 13:00]

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 11:09 - Oct 2 with 1631 viewsPaddyhoops

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 10:46 - Oct 2 by 2Thomas2Bowles

The ruling bodies in both wars thought the brits won't make war with us as they are just like us and so much in common... and were supported by the LARGE majority of their citizens.

Do I lump 3 gens since, no but let's not forget that many of those that GOT AWAY with war crimes have still been in the community and had an influence and power.

Move on, they (not just the Germanys) always say Oh forget the past... till the next war.

I'll keep my sympathies for the 130M+ dead, (double the German pop today) that should never be forgotten if it's all the same to you.

Hardly a day goes by without someone battering this nation for it's past, but somehow being all PC that's ok, not allowed to forget it.

But don't mention the wars Basil.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2020 13:00]

As an Irishman I could bang on about our history.
But f**k that . I moved on same as millions of my compatriots have . Sadly some of them haven't.
There's a famous peace song about the troubles in Northern Ireland by a guy called Paul brady called the Island.
Two great lines " you can't carve tomorrow from a tombstone" and " live your future through the past" sums up the disaster it was.
Nobody should ever forget the sacrifices the people made over two world wars include thousands of Irish but if we all lived our lives looking to the future rather than harking back to the past we would be a hell of a lot better off!
Login to get fewer ads

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 11:21 - Oct 2 with 1580 views2Thomas2Bowles

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 11:09 - Oct 2 by Paddyhoops

As an Irishman I could bang on about our history.
But f**k that . I moved on same as millions of my compatriots have . Sadly some of them haven't.
There's a famous peace song about the troubles in Northern Ireland by a guy called Paul brady called the Island.
Two great lines " you can't carve tomorrow from a tombstone" and " live your future through the past" sums up the disaster it was.
Nobody should ever forget the sacrifices the people made over two world wars include thousands of Irish but if we all lived our lives looking to the future rather than harking back to the past we would be a hell of a lot better off!

My great Uncle died in 1917 @ 21 he and his brothers were in the Royal Dublin Fusiliers.

My grandad and his brothers were in the 2nd world war.

Don't think I need a history lesson on War or Ireland from you.

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 11:52 - Oct 2 with 1548 viewsPaddyhoops

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 11:21 - Oct 2 by 2Thomas2Bowles

My great Uncle died in 1917 @ 21 he and his brothers were in the Royal Dublin Fusiliers.

My grandad and his brothers were in the 2nd world war.

Don't think I need a history lesson on War or Ireland from you.

Hats off to you mate!!
You obviously don't need a history lesson from me. Let's hope we all learn from history and not repeat the mistakes of the past.
Over and out!!🙏🙏
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 11:56 - Oct 2 with 1525 views2Thomas2Bowles

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 11:52 - Oct 2 by Paddyhoops

Hats off to you mate!!
You obviously don't need a history lesson from me. Let's hope we all learn from history and not repeat the mistakes of the past.
Over and out!!🙏🙏

Peace

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 12:39 - Oct 2 with 1482 viewsEastR

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 07:24 - Oct 2 by traininvain

Why does this smell of bs. I’m not usually a conspiracy theorist but the timing is interesting.

Trump believes Covid is a hoax
Trump catches Covid
Must be a hoax

QED

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 13:13 - Oct 2 with 1433 viewsBostonR

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 09:32 - Oct 2 by Juzzie

Having had the privilege of working and living in the US, my experience is that the majority of Americans are really decent people. Trump has been a "nuclear" option in their politics, similar to Brexit here.
Culturally, they tend not to discuss their political affiliations openly, especially in the workplace, but most are anti-gun, want social medicine and equality. I have a hope that they will pull through, as they can be a huge force for good.
Biden has to win the electoral college, otherwise I fear for the many friends and families I still know in NJ and Mass.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 13:40 - Oct 2 with 1395 viewsCincyHoop

I've never lived outside the midwest of the US, but I've lived in a small farming village (400 people) and somewhere as big as Cincinnati. I'm sure its just the area I live in, but I don't fear anything near civil war like many have brought up.

Many of us just honestly don't care (as sad as that may sound) and are not politicized as the media make it out to be. Americans are faced between two awful options (cut off at knee or at hip) in my opinion. I don't think by voting for Trump means you are not for racial/economic equality at all. Just as by voting for Biden doesn't mean you are for racial/economic equality.

There is a general hatred at all things government (and probably rightfully so), and mostly a feeling of embarrassment especially given Tuesday nights debacle.

As someone who would rather be viewed positively in the world, instead of a country of arsehole, selfish, pr*cks, I hope we can all come together regardless of the outcome in a few weeks and just be better as a general population, not only to each other, but to our partners and friends around the world.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 13:50 - Oct 2 with 1359 viewsLongsufferingR

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 08:00 - Oct 2 by JAPRANGERS

What happens to the election if dementia Biden has it too and both kick the bucket?

Gets decided on points per game.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 13:54 - Oct 2 with 1340 viewsMatch82

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 07:24 - Oct 2 by traininvain

Why does this smell of bs. I’m not usually a conspiracy theorist but the timing is interesting.

I really don't think this is fake, Trump has way too much pride to fake something which makes him look weak.

But I do think there's a genuine chance this swings the election. I suspect you'll see sympathy from the left first thing today and that will gradually turn to vitriol and "told you so" and a small but retweetable proportion of people will say they hope he doesn't recovers. Then that gets used as a rallying cry by Trump's supporters
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 13:56 - Oct 2 with 1324 viewsNorthernr

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 13:40 - Oct 2 by CincyHoop

I've never lived outside the midwest of the US, but I've lived in a small farming village (400 people) and somewhere as big as Cincinnati. I'm sure its just the area I live in, but I don't fear anything near civil war like many have brought up.

Many of us just honestly don't care (as sad as that may sound) and are not politicized as the media make it out to be. Americans are faced between two awful options (cut off at knee or at hip) in my opinion. I don't think by voting for Trump means you are not for racial/economic equality at all. Just as by voting for Biden doesn't mean you are for racial/economic equality.

There is a general hatred at all things government (and probably rightfully so), and mostly a feeling of embarrassment especially given Tuesday nights debacle.

As someone who would rather be viewed positively in the world, instead of a country of arsehole, selfish, pr*cks, I hope we can all come together regardless of the outcome in a few weeks and just be better as a general population, not only to each other, but to our partners and friends around the world.

Honestly, do you think that last par is remotely possible under a second Trump term?
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 14:00 - Oct 2 with 1313 viewsGuppy

What happens to the election if dementia Biden has it too and both kick the bucket?

Rangers get a huge fine
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 14:01 - Oct 2 with 1312 viewsBostonR

Great post.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 14:23 - Oct 2 with 1273 viewsMrSheen

Thanks for your post. The world is obsessed with America, and with a free press, ubiquitous social media and 330m people to choose from, it's too easy to find things to confirm your prejudices without having take any trouble to understand the people and why they think and act the way they do. Even then, it often isn't extreme enough so they make it up. Exhibit A:
https://www.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/claas-relotius-reporter-forgery-s
Although I don't see how the current hysteria ebbs away, I'm sure America will remain a great place to live and work. I'm only sorry I didn't try it myself when I was younger.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 14:41 - Oct 2 with 1227 viewsTacticalR

I have just waded through the (enormous) article posted by GloryHunter at the beginning. I doubt anyone else has read it, but to save everyone the trouble this guy Mark Burnett is as vacuous and opportunistic as Trump and is obsessed with creating 'Lord of the Flies' type TV shows like 'Survivor'. You won't learn a whole lot about why people vote for Trump.

Air hostess clique

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 15:14 - Oct 2 with 1172 viewsBklynRanger

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 14:41 - Oct 2 by TacticalR

I have just waded through the (enormous) article posted by GloryHunter at the beginning. I doubt anyone else has read it, but to save everyone the trouble this guy Mark Burnett is as vacuous and opportunistic as Trump and is obsessed with creating 'Lord of the Flies' type TV shows like 'Survivor'. You won't learn a whole lot about why people vote for Trump.

Yeah I recognised his name from Survivor, old Mark Burnett - media shit, bit like Trump.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 15:21 - Oct 2 with 1160 viewskensalriser

Pence v Harris. Pelosi becomes interim President.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 16:31 - Oct 2 with 1096 viewsCincyHoop

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 13:56 - Oct 2 by Northernr

Honestly, do you think that last par is remotely possible under a second Trump term?

Probably not, unfortunately. The guy is way to much of a lighting rod (regardless whether you like that or not) and people are so far entrenched in their own viewpoints that regardless people will hate the man (and for good reason on a lot of things).

I voted for the guy last time around (not with pride) and will likely vote for him again. I despise him as a person, wish he would lose the twitter, stop acting like a child, and treat the office with the respect it deserves. I no way consider myself republican or democrat, and think the political parties have separated themselves so much from the actual population its a complete travesty (in my opinion).

I don't vote for him with any pride going forward, and I'm largely embarrassed that in a country of 300m+ people, many of them bright, intellectual, thoughtful, hard-working, and selfless, these are are my choices. A vote for neither is throwing away a right that many have fought for and died for and I don't feel like I'm in a position to vote 3rd party or outside of Trump/Biden, nor will I sit the election out (again in my own opinion).

As an aside to a previous poster, I refuse to try and impact others opinions and do not voice my opinions amongst co-workers. I do feel like there is a 'silent majority' and Trump will win, maybe not comfortably, but will ultimately be elected for 4 more years.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2020 16:32]
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 16:35 - Oct 2 with 1085 viewsCincyHoop

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 14:23 - Oct 2 by MrSheen

Thanks for your post. The world is obsessed with America, and with a free press, ubiquitous social media and 330m people to choose from, it's too easy to find things to confirm your prejudices without having take any trouble to understand the people and why they think and act the way they do. Even then, it often isn't extreme enough so they make it up. Exhibit A:
https://www.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/claas-relotius-reporter-forgery-s
Although I don't see how the current hysteria ebbs away, I'm sure America will remain a great place to live and work. I'm only sorry I didn't try it myself when I was younger.

I will say this, as an American who doesn't post on here very often (but read everyday) its a bit surreal to see the "obsession" with America (your words not mine haha). But again, probably a symptom of living and growing up here. I don't hold any of personal opinions of America personally, and a lot of them are rightfully deserved (maybe a bit uneducated from my view point of the actually day to day news and what is really occurring in reality, but thats neither here nor there! ).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024