Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next manager? 12:04 - Apr 1 with 74583 viewsBAWHoops

OK then, sensible discussion as to who you actually want as the next man in.

None of this David Wagner crap as lets be honest... he aint coming!
[Post edited 1 Apr 2019 12:06]

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Next manager? on 12:02 - Apr 4 with 3873 viewsNorthernr

Next manager? on 11:59 - Apr 4 by Dean

Oh and apparently the job is Sherwoods.

Most important managerial appointment in years, fans already disillusioned as to where the club is heading, proposed un-needed new stadium with the threat of League One even closer next season once Freeman / Eze are sold, FFP hangover, so with all that in mind and a list of candidates already uninspiring, the club are seemingly going to plonk for the man who's credentials extend to being great mates with Ferdinand & Ramsey. Oh and who wears a gillet and refers to himself in the third person.

I despair sometimes I really do.

It's definitely his to turn down. He's been/being offered it.
Next manager? on 12:17 - Apr 4 with 3788 viewsrsonist

The job has always been Sherwood's ever since Les was appointed.
Next manager? on 12:32 - Apr 4 with 3733 viewsMick_S

Next manager? on 12:02 - Apr 4 by Northernr

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Next manager? on 13:40 - Apr 4 with 3556 viewsWestminsteRs

Nothing really to add to any of the pros and cons of the runners and riders but please can we address this fallacy that QPR fans want to see free flowing, passing football? I just don't buy it. Think about how anxious the crowd gets any time any of our players passes the ball backwards or sideways. I'm not advocating ponderous football but our supporters seem to be particularly impatient. I regularly hear "just get it forward" from the people around me. Bit depressing. I also think that the generally negative atmosphere around LR leads to reticence and a lack of risk taking by players who might otherwise take on more ambitious passes etc.

Not quite on topic really but I suppose, to link back, we shouldn't discount managers who favour a direct approach as, while we may not want to admit it, a large chunk of the support base want to see us knock it long to Matt Smith or - again somewhat unrealistically - a better version of Matt Smith.
Next manager? on 13:48 - Apr 4 with 3524 viewsDixie_CT

Could be the most unpopular choice since Warnock......
Next manager? on 13:49 - Apr 4 with 3517 viewsNorthernr

Next manager? on 13:40 - Apr 4 by WestminsteRs

Nothing really to add to any of the pros and cons of the runners and riders but please can we address this fallacy that QPR fans want to see free flowing, passing football? I just don't buy it. Think about how anxious the crowd gets any time any of our players passes the ball backwards or sideways. I'm not advocating ponderous football but our supporters seem to be particularly impatient. I regularly hear "just get it forward" from the people around me. Bit depressing. I also think that the generally negative atmosphere around LR leads to reticence and a lack of risk taking by players who might otherwise take on more ambitious passes etc.

Not quite on topic really but I suppose, to link back, we shouldn't discount managers who favour a direct approach as, while we may not want to admit it, a large chunk of the support base want to see us knock it long to Matt Smith or - again somewhat unrealistically - a better version of Matt Smith.

By the same token, a lot of people accused Holloway of being a hoofball merchant, lumping it up to Smith, which I don't think he was.
Next manager? on 14:02 - Apr 4 with 3449 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Tim Sherwood you say?

I’ll go for him being hoofed after a calamitous game before the international break in the autumn! We’ll be second bottom with a five point gap between us and safety, and playing utter garbage before our lowest crowds in eons.

But progress will be made on our 45,000 Hoopdome; so not all bad!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Next manager? on 14:03 - Apr 4 with 3454 viewsMick_S

Login to get fewer ads

Next manager? on 14:12 - Apr 4 with 3408 viewsdaveB

Next manager? on 15:33 - Apr 3 by PinnerPaul

Hmmmmm - so the players respecting him and enjoying working with him shouldn't be taken into account?

I think it should, massively - its a big gamble to me - players could easily down tools for new bloke(s)

A lot of players said they liked Holloway as well but didn't give up when he was sacked, footballers generally just get on with it unless the new manager is a complete helmet
Next manager? on 14:12 - Apr 4 with 3407 viewsBlue_Castello

My day has been well and truly ruined, I was genuinely hoping we would do a proper recruitment process this time, not just go for Les's best mate.

With seven games to go we could surely have waited till the end of the season when more candidates would become available, I posted that if we stayed up and Rotherham didn't then Warnes my man and I still think he's the right candidate we just have to wait.
Next manager? on 14:13 - Apr 4 with 3401 viewsMick_S

Next manager? on 14:12 - Apr 4 by Blue_Castello

My day has been well and truly ruined, I was genuinely hoping we would do a proper recruitment process this time, not just go for Les's best mate.

With seven games to go we could surely have waited till the end of the season when more candidates would become available, I posted that if we stayed up and Rotherham didn't then Warnes my man and I still think he's the right candidate we just have to wait.

He might decline the kind offer?

Next manager? on 14:15 - Apr 4 with 3381 viewsMatch82

Next manager? on 12:17 - Apr 4 by rsonist

The job has always been Sherwood's ever since Les was appointed.

Except for the last couple of times you mean...
Next manager? on 14:32 - Apr 4 with 3331 viewsrsonist

Next manager? on 14:15 - Apr 4 by Match82

Except for the last couple of times you mean...

... when other people did the choosing.
Next manager? on 15:39 - Apr 4 with 3232 viewsTheChef

Next manager? on 13:40 - Apr 4 by WestminsteRs

Get the ball forward.
Sling some decent crosses in.
Have a good go.

I think that covers our requirements?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Next manager? on 16:18 - Apr 4 with 3148 viewsLongsufferingR

Next manager? on 15:39 - Apr 4 by TheChef

Get the ball forward.
Have a good go.

Latest SkyBet odds:

4/7 The Chef
8/1 Tim Sherwood
25/1 Lee Bowyer
Next manager? on 17:16 - Apr 4 with 3068 viewsMatch82

Next manager? on 15:39 - Apr 4 by TheChef

Get the ball forward.
Have a good go.

You missed "Just fckin run around a bit"
Next manager? on 18:42 - Apr 4 with 2959 viewsrichranger

So Bobby Zamora's considered opinion on who should be our next manager is....

Alan Pardew!!!
Next manager? on 19:08 - Apr 4 with 2906 viewsWesty75

The spectre of Sherwood has been looming for far too long. Given the weak field there’s a reasonable argument to just get it over and done with and get it out of the way, so we can move on.
Next manager? on 19:31 - Apr 4 with 2848 viewsCaptainPugwash

Next manager? on 18:42 - Apr 4 by richranger

So Bobby Zamora's considered opinion on who should be our next manager is....

Alan Pardew!!!

Arrrrrrrr...
Why do Bosun Pardew allus looks loik e's wearin' lipstick?

Yo Ho!
Next manager? on 00:03 - Apr 5 with 2656 viewsMiss_Terraces

Next manager? on 19:08 - Apr 4 by Westy75

The spectre of Sherwood has been looming for far too long. Given the weak field there’s a reasonable argument to just get it over and done with and get it out of the way, so we can move on.

to liquidation, no thanks

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Next manager? on 10:46 - Apr 5 with 2526 viewsTheChef

Next manager? on 17:16 - Apr 4 by Match82

You missed "Just fckin run around a bit"

Bah, good point.

I'll have to withdraw my application.

Next manager? on 11:06 - Apr 5 with 2485 viewsTheChef

Next manager? on 19:08 - Apr 4 by Westy75

Ha, sadly that's my feeling too.

He might be the messiah, or as everyone expects he might be fcking awful.

Next manager? on 11:55 - Apr 5 with 2420 viewsDean

Obviously it doesn't mean much as we don't know the ins and outs but interestingly over night the bookies odds on Sherwood being our next boss have gone out to 13/8 from 4/7 and Mark Warburton's odds have gone in to 3/1 from 9/1.

Now we KNOW that the QPR board read and dissect everything on twitter and online, is it possible that they have read all of the constant (and rightful) negativity around Sherwood getting the job because he's close with Les & Ramsey and had a rethink ?. Or maybe Tiger Tim has had a read of it all himself ?

Either way I f**king hope so
Next manager? on 12:08 - Apr 5 with 2356 viewsGloucs_R

All a manager has to do next year is not get relegated

Poll: Are we staying up?

Next manager? on 12:10 - Apr 5 with 2345 viewsrichranger

Next manager? on 11:55 - Apr 5 by Dean

Obviously it doesn't mean much as we don't know the ins and outs but interestingly over night the bookies odds on Sherwood being our next boss have gone out to 13/8 from 4/7 and Mark Warburton's odds have gone in to 3/1 from 9/1.

Now we KNOW that the QPR board read and dissect everything on twitter and online, is it possible that they have read all of the constant (and rightful) negativity around Sherwood getting the job because he's close with Les & Ramsey and had a rethink ?. Or maybe Tiger Tim has had a read of it all himself ?

Either way I f**king hope so

Darren Moore now 6/4 and Sherwood evens
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024