Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next manager? 12:04 - Apr 1 with 74581 viewsBAWHoops

OK then, sensible discussion as to who you actually want as the next man in.

None of this David Wagner crap as lets be honest... he aint coming!
[Post edited 1 Apr 2019 12:06]

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Next manager? on 19:07 - Apr 8 with 3524 viewsSimonJames

Next manager? on 17:53 - Apr 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Well, that's better news than before the weekend. At least we're interviewing more than one candidate.

...or is it just to look like they're doing a thorough job?
Six managers in and TF's team have failed to make a good appointment thus far. I don't hold out any hope they will do better this time - particularly with Sherwood.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Next manager? on 19:17 - Apr 8 with 3483 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Anyone else feel that going for an outsider, that we know bugger all about, gives the poor sod just that little bit of patience from the mob as we won't be picking on perceived weaknesses instantly.

eg the way the Potugeezer is currently being almost promoted as fans favourite for the job.
Next manager? on 19:28 - Apr 8 with 3423 viewsbosh67

Michael Appleton apparently interviewed today. David Wagner also allegedly approached. The Portuguese fella I don't get. Based on what actual track record?

I agree with Clive. Get Birch back and see if he can get them going for now.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Next manager? on 19:44 - Apr 8 with 3369 viewsVancouverHoop

Who is the Portuguese candidate?
Next manager? on 19:49 - Apr 8 with 3344 viewsrsonist

Next manager? on 19:28 - Apr 8 by bosh67

Michael Appleton apparently interviewed today. David Wagner also allegedly approached. The Portuguese fella I don't get. Based on what actual track record?

I agree with Clive. Get Birch back and see if he can get them going for now.

Bloody hell not this Wagner nonsense again.

On the plus side, in searching Wagner on Twitter I was absolutely delighted to see him being suggested by Forest fans who already want O'Neill out.
Next manager? on 19:53 - Apr 8 with 3311 viewsCamberleyR

Next manager? on 19:44 - Apr 8 by VancouverHoop

Rui Almeida, currently manager of French Ligue 2 club Troyes. They're 5th in Ligue 2 at the moment.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Next manager? on 20:19 - Apr 8 with 3213 viewsSharpediver

Next manager? on 12:15 - Apr 7 by hubble

It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen. Winston Fernandes, his chin nuzzled into his breast in an effort to escape the vile wind, slipped quickly through the glass doors of No Victory since Leeds Mansions, though not quickly enough to prevent a swirl of gritty dust from entering along with him.

The hallway smelt of boiled cabbage and old rag mats. At one end of it a coloured poster, too large for indoor display, had been tacked to the wall. It depicted simply an enormous face and torso, more than a metre wide: the face of a man of about forty-five, with blond hair and a gilet.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2019 12:17]

This cracked me up. Superb mate! 🤣🤣🤣
Next manager? on 20:22 - Apr 8 with 3190 viewsVancouverHoop

Next manager? on 19:53 - Apr 8 by CamberleyR

Rui Almeida, currently manager of French Ligue 2 club Troyes. They're 5th in Ligue 2 at the moment.

Cheers.

Hmmm, not a lot of info. He's been assistant at some decent sized clubs, but not really rung the bell yet as manager/head coach. He's multi-lingual though and has worked in several countries which means his player-connections might be good.
Login to get fewer ads

Next manager? on 20:44 - Apr 8 with 3136 viewsdaveB

Appleton always comes across well on the radio but not sure if he's more of a coach than a manager. I'm not sure if a foreign manager is what we need at the moment, i know it's fashionable at the moment but would still personally rather Jackett or Ainsworth, both have bags of experience managing in a tight budget and getting best out of what they have.
Next manager? on 21:01 - Apr 8 with 3071 views08olesen

I saw Oxford play a few times under Appleton and they were great to watch. Keemar Roofe was up top, George Balldock (now at Sheff Utd) was very impressive at RB. Very slick and quick play.

I would take Appleton over TS, Pardew etc.

At least he has something to prove!

Poll: Who will the other play off

Next manager? on 21:05 - Apr 8 with 3056 viewsCiderwithRsie

Next manager? on 19:17 - Apr 8 by WrightUp5hit___

Anyone else feel that going for an outsider, that we know bugger all about, gives the poor sod just that little bit of patience from the mob as we won't be picking on perceived weaknesses instantly.

eg the way the Potugeezer is currently being almost promoted as fans favourite for the job.

It's partly because the ones we do know about are all so terrible.
Next manager? on 00:18 - Apr 9 with 2826 viewsDixie_CT

Nigel Pearson into 16/1. Can this list get any worse?
Next manager? on 08:13 - Apr 9 with 2620 viewsrichranger

New Player Manager - Ainsworth can still score amazing goals ..
Next manager? on 09:01 - Apr 9 with 2523 viewsR_from_afar

I just saw an article which claims the shortlist is Sherwood, Appleton, Rui Almeida, Gaz and Bowyer. If we are at least considering overseas candidates, it makes me feel that we are looking further than the end of our noses, which is a positive. If we limit ourselves to people with a QPR connection, we are fishing in a tiny pool.

I can't see Jackett coming unless Pompey fail to go up, but that could happen.

I have no idea if this is true but I suspect Ainsworth may feel a little loathe to leave Wycombe in their hour of need. After he has kept them up would probably work better for him - he seems like an honourable bloke - if he keeps them up. However, by then, we could be down.

I also feel that Eustace needs a new voice on the training ground to help him *right now*. Bircham or Derry would be a good shout, I think they are both available and would come without a moment's hesitation. If one of them does OK, I'd keep them on when the new man arrives.

Two other things:
- Sometimes the club just can't win! On Twitter, fans are saying the fact that we are interviewing people in addition to Sherwood is either a smokescreen while Gilet Boy's contract is drawn up or a token exercise designed to make us think there is a process

- David McIntyre has had a huge row with Matt Winton on Twitter in which it has emerged that Les "made the call" on loaning out our young players. You may or may not believe David knows the facts but that is what he is saying.

Ah Rangers, never dull!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Next manager? on 09:42 - Apr 9 with 2410 viewsLunarJetman

Next manager? on 09:01 - Apr 9 by R_from_afar

I just saw an article which claims the shortlist is Sherwood, Appleton, Rui Almeida, Gaz and Bowyer. If we are at least considering overseas candidates, it makes me feel that we are looking further than the end of our noses, which is a positive. If we limit ourselves to people with a QPR connection, we are fishing in a tiny pool.

I have no idea if this is true but I suspect Ainsworth may feel a little loathe to leave Wycombe in their hour of need. After he has kept them up would probably work better for him - he seems like an honourable bloke - if he keeps them up. However, by then, we could be down.

I also feel that Eustace needs a new voice on the training ground to help him *right now*. Bircham or Derry would be a good shout, I think they are both available and would come without a moment's hesitation. If one of them does OK, I'd keep them on when the new man arrives.

Two other things:
- Sometimes the club just can't win! On Twitter, fans are saying the fact that we are interviewing people in addition to Sherwood is either a smokescreen while Gilet Boy's contract is drawn up or a token exercise designed to make us think there is a process

- David McIntyre has had a huge row with Matt Winton on Twitter in which it has emerged that Les "made the call" on loaning out our young players. You may or may not believe David knows the facts but that is what he is saying.

Ah Rangers, never dull!

RE the loaning out of players, hasn't someone said that it was felt that it was better to get them playing regularly than have them warming the bench?

Most went out in January when we were sitting just below the playoffs, had beaten Forest away for the first time ever and were on an FA Cup run by our standards.

If the manager was sticking to his favourites and doing fairly well, then there's a reasonably strong argument for this. It wasn't until the wheels started to fall off in February and March that this looked a bad choice.

We can blame Les for this if we want to (I appreciate you're just telling us about this conversation on Twitter and may/may not agree with it) but surely at that point, he was doing what was best for these players so that they could come back in the summer and be in contention for a starting place next season.

If he hadn't they were unlikely to have been selected by McClaren so have at least got games. I guess you could argue that had we not, we could throw them into the lions den now but hindsight is a wonderful thing....
Next manager? on 09:44 - Apr 9 with 2395 viewscolinallcars

It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen. Winston Fernandes, his chin nuzzled into his breast in an effort to escape the vile wind, slipped quickly through the glass doors of No Victory since Leeds Mansions, though not quickly enough to prevent a swirl of gritty dust from entering along with him.

The hallway smelt of boiled cabbage and old rag mats. At one end of it a coloured poster, too large for indoor display, had been tacked to the wall. It depicted simply an enormous face and torso, more than a metre wide: the face of a man of about forty-five, with blond hair and a gilet.

Great stuff !
Next manager? on 09:50 - Apr 9 with 2357 viewsPhildo

'Tony was an old man who fished alone in a skiff in the Gulf Stream and he had gone 84 days now without taking a fish'
Next manager? on 10:06 - Apr 9 with 2287 viewsdaveB

Two other things:

Ah Rangers, never dull!

the young players were loaned out as none of them were playing or likely to play in the first team so Ferdinand got them moves to try and get them regular football. Has worked with Smyth and Chair not worked for Oteh though
Next manager? on 10:17 - Apr 9 with 2231 viewsTearsofrage

Next manager? on 19:44 - Apr 8 by VancouverHoop

Mourinho? Could double as crap sub keeper!
Next manager? on 10:39 - Apr 9 with 2149 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Next manager? on 09:50 - Apr 9 by Phildo

'Tony was an old man who fished alone in a skiff in the Gulf Stream and he had gone 84 days now without taking a fish'

Hemingway?
Next manager? on 10:54 - Apr 9 with 2090 viewshubble

Next manager? on 20:19 - Apr 8 by Sharpediver

This cracked me up. Superb mate! 🤣🤣🤣

Thanks mate!! :D

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Next manager? on 10:57 - Apr 9 with 2070 viewshubble

Of all the candidates mentioned so far, Bowyer is the only one that excites me. Got the feeling he will bring something different to the table and has the energy and drive to push through the pall of gloom that surrounds this team. The rest... meh.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Next manager? on 11:16 - Apr 9 with 1997 viewsrsonist

Next manager? on 10:06 - Apr 9 by daveB

the young players were loaned out as none of them were playing or likely to play in the first team so Ferdinand got them moves to try and get them regular football. Has worked with Smyth and Chair not worked for Oteh though

The point of contention is whether Les loaned the kids out because it was all there was left to do when McClaren refused to involve them, or if Les was on board with an agreed temporary change in strategy to address short and medium term concerns concurrently (bearing in mind that the loan system is a valid and commonplace development pathway throughout football).

If it's the former then Les is essentially off the hook (aside from not being able to impose his authority). Although some have also since argued that actually the clubs selected for Smyth and Chair's loans are far below their level and a waste of time so maybe not.

Also just fwiw Winton is a moron and always has been.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2019 11:19]
Next manager? on 11:26 - Apr 9 with 1960 viewstimeforheroes

Two other things:

Ah Rangers, never dull!

Agree Re. Bircham or Derry. I have come around to the idea of Ainsworth, who has done an excellent job at Wycombe with limited resources, and as the Wycombe poster on here has noted has a good eye for a player personally if he's doing his own scouting. He also got the best out of Eze, albeit at League 2 level, who clearly needs to be a big player for us going forward. I know that the 'QPR connection' is hackneyed, but with our impatient fanbase anything which buys a little time for the new man in cannot be disregarded. Furthermore, the expected turnover of players this summer means that someone, at least on the staff, with a connection to the club and an understanding of its identity will be important in my opinion- imagine a scenario where we have not only a new 'outside the box' manager, but also 5-7 new first XI players all new to the club this summer. That would be a surefire recipe for relegation in my eyes.
Next manager? on 11:27 - Apr 9 with 1954 viewsdaveB

Next manager? on 11:16 - Apr 9 by rsonist

The point of contention is whether Les loaned the kids out because it was all there was left to do when McClaren refused to involve them, or if Les was on board with an agreed temporary change in strategy to address short and medium term concerns concurrently (bearing in mind that the loan system is a valid and commonplace development pathway throughout football).

If it's the former then Les is essentially off the hook (aside from not being able to impose his authority). Although some have also since argued that actually the clubs selected for Smyth and Chair's loans are far below their level and a waste of time so maybe not.

Also just fwiw Winton is a moron and always has been.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2019 11:19]

can drive yourself mad worrying about who did what and why,we'll probably never know but ultimately they were loaned out to get some first team football as they were not going to get it here, part of Ferdinands job is the long term development of these players and that was the best thing for them.

It was also done at a time when we were in the top half and going well in the FA Cup so if they knew how they next 2 months would go I doubt they'd loan them out but not many saw this coming
[Post edited 9 Apr 2019 11:28]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024