Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next manager? 12:04 - Apr 1 with 74588 viewsBAWHoops

OK then, sensible discussion as to who you actually want as the next man in.

None of this David Wagner crap as lets be honest... he aint coming!
[Post edited 1 Apr 2019 12:06]

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Next manager? on 16:58 - Apr 2 with 3613 viewsrrrspricey

Should've binned Schteve weeks ago when Nathan Jones was still available...did an unbelievable job at Looton.
Next manager? on 17:01 - Apr 2 with 3598 viewsHooped_Pullie

Next manager? on 16:48 - Apr 2 by timeforheroes

Lee Bowyer would be tough to accept- odious character

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/they-yelled-paki-bastard-and-threw-chairs-1

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2001/dec/16/football.race

A dreadful reminder of past sins, to be sure.

Doesn't seem to have any issues managing a multi-racial squad at The Valley, I would imagine he's said all the right things about being wrong etc. and putting it behind him. People here and there may judge that differently.

Not a likeable player either, though undoubtedly talented. I suppose we will have to see how it all pans out. The one thing we can all agree on is that Sherwood would be a disaster. It wouldn't even be a slow car crash.
Next manager? on 17:02 - Apr 2 with 3588 viewsPastCaringNW2

Assuming we have to cash in on Freeman and probably Luongo too, come July 1 we could be minus six defenders (I use that term very very loosely), five midfield regulars (inc Pav) and only Oteh on the books up front who can manage a full 90 minutes twice a week.

On the upside how many managers ever get that much of a clean slate to build a side in their image? That has to make attractive to someone looking to set their stall out.

On the downside what are the chances of us recruiting anything like enough players in one go who are up to the job on our budget, who gel immediately and are able to augment the half a side of youngsters we are looking to develop? Slim would be optimistic.

It doesn't matter what names you put up that looks like being close to a suicide mission for anyone coming in from the outside.

So at this point I would take Ainsworth simply because of his work with Eze and the fact that the impatient members of the fan base are likely to give him the most slack.
Next manager? on 17:17 - Apr 2 with 3515 viewsHooped_Pullie

Next manager? on 17:02 - Apr 2 by PastCaringNW2

Assuming we have to cash in on Freeman and probably Luongo too, come July 1 we could be minus six defenders (I use that term very very loosely), five midfield regulars (inc Pav) and only Oteh on the books up front who can manage a full 90 minutes twice a week.

On the upside how many managers ever get that much of a clean slate to build a side in their image? That has to make attractive to someone looking to set their stall out.

On the downside what are the chances of us recruiting anything like enough players in one go who are up to the job on our budget, who gel immediately and are able to augment the half a side of youngsters we are looking to develop? Slim would be optimistic.

It doesn't matter what names you put up that looks like being close to a suicide mission for anyone coming in from the outside.

So at this point I would take Ainsworth simply because of his work with Eze and the fact that the impatient members of the fan base are likely to give him the most slack.

Good points. I would though say that it is somewhat reminiscent of Season 2001/02, the legendary Queens Park Strangers who shook hands and then gave Celtic a game over 90 minutes. Ah, the memories...

On a more serious note, it may be that if Leeds pay top dollar for Freeman, and we get proper market value for Luongo, then it's down to the quality of the bargain replacements. Norwich and Preston (to name but two in this division) have found real gems of value for little or nothing, so it can still be done if the right approach is taken. Preston transformed their season in January with what at the time looked like a clutch of low-key signings, so it can be done.

Will we do it ? Sure, the omens aren't good, but hope springs eternal.
Next manager? on 17:18 - Apr 2 with 3510 viewsCamberleyR

Next manager? on 15:39 - Apr 2 by VancouverHoop

They'd be an excellent choice, but why would they come to us? We're not that much bigger or better resourced than Lincoln these days. As mentioned in another thread they're re-building a club and have pretty much a free hand to do it, they could well be in the Championship in a couple of years. I'm guessing clubs with more to offer than QPR currently do have already approached them and been turned down.

"We're not that much bigger or better resourced than Lincoln these days."

An absolutely bloody ludicrous and preposterous statement. They've never played in the top division and they last played in the second tier when Walter Winterbottom was still England manager. They've spent 47 years of those 57 years since either playing in the bottom division or in non league. Laughable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Lincoln_City_F.C._seasons
[Post edited 2 Apr 2019 17:44]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Next manager? on 17:44 - Apr 2 with 3406 viewsYorkRanger

Next manager? on 17:01 - Apr 2 by Hooped_Pullie

A dreadful reminder of past sins, to be sure.

Doesn't seem to have any issues managing a multi-racial squad at The Valley, I would imagine he's said all the right things about being wrong etc. and putting it behind him. People here and there may judge that differently.

Not a likeable player either, though undoubtedly talented. I suppose we will have to see how it all pans out. The one thing we can all agree on is that Sherwood would be a disaster. It wouldn't even be a slow car crash.

I don't know a lot about Bowyer, clearly he has a skeleton in the closet but in his defence he was young and will have grown up a lot since then. He manages a very multi-cultural team at Charlton and has done exceptionally well in very difficult circumstances, economically and off the pitch more broadly. He probably fits the spec I would suggest.

As does Ainsworth, albeit as I have said elsewhere, it would be tragic to see another Rangers' legend lose the fan's adulation as a consequence of managing the team.

The Lincoln boys have done exceptionally well and whilst I cant speak for their style of football (that has been criticized elsewhere), we have seen plenty of direct stuff here with Smith up front and if we started to get results I wonder how bothered people would be?

As I have said on another thread if Les F gets to make the pick and he chooses Sherwood to work with Ramsey I wouldn't be as outraged on here as some. QPR are my club and I would not stop watching them just because I didn't like the Manager.

Another left field shout is Mick Harford, been around the game a long time and picked up the baton at Luton seamlessly.

Similarly Justin Edinburgh has done an excellent job at Orient and also fits the bill of an up and coming manager cutting their teeth at lower levels.

Personally I'm not a big fan of the names circulating who have failed elsewhere recently; Warburton, Clement, Rowett etc. Similarly whilst I like Lee Johnson we have to face up to the fact that as a club now we have fairly limited appeal - I'd be staggered if someone like him would leave his current club to come to us.

As for the prospect of finding some hidden gem in Europe to come to us, I suspect that person will take some finding (and convincing)

Apologies for the rambling....
Next manager? on 17:57 - Apr 2 with 3364 viewsPastCaringNW2

Next manager? on 17:17 - Apr 2 by Hooped_Pullie

Good points. I would though say that it is somewhat reminiscent of Season 2001/02, the legendary Queens Park Strangers who shook hands and then gave Celtic a game over 90 minutes. Ah, the memories...

On a more serious note, it may be that if Leeds pay top dollar for Freeman, and we get proper market value for Luongo, then it's down to the quality of the bargain replacements. Norwich and Preston (to name but two in this division) have found real gems of value for little or nothing, so it can still be done if the right approach is taken. Preston transformed their season in January with what at the time looked like a clutch of low-key signings, so it can be done.

Will we do it ? Sure, the omens aren't good, but hope springs eternal.

That was my youngest daughter's first game age 5. She went home a Celtic fan and begged for a Sweden / Larsson shirt when the 2002 world cup came around. Which was not exactly the plan.

Anyway ... can we find bargain replacements for Cameron, Freeman and Luongo if the youth can't carry the strain? Possibly..

Can we find six or seven them when everyone with FFP on their minds are doing the same thing i.e. letting expensive contracts run out and then rehiring from the pool of free agents?

An OK proposition if you have a hard wage cap as in the NHL and it doesn't matter how much money you have, it's how you spend the cap amount that matters. Not so much when half the league are Prem 2 contenders.

It'll be interesting (possibly even fun) in August / September and youth may well bloom. Might be a lot less fun in mid February.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2019 18:00]
Next manager? on 18:04 - Apr 2 with 3320 viewstimcocking

I've always liked Lee Bowyer, don't really mind Tim Sherwood apart from the Gillet business. Never understood why he's so hated, but i don't understand a lot of what people think nowadays.

I don't mind most people we've been linked with, actually.

Not convinced it'll make a blind bit of difference, but you never know. Still, always an exciting time.

Whomever we appoint, i bet we'll have a few that are against them from the start and never give them a chance.
Login to get fewer ads

Next manager? on 18:42 - Apr 2 with 3261 viewsVancouverHoop

Next manager? on 17:18 - Apr 2 by CamberleyR

"We're not that much bigger or better resourced than Lincoln these days."

An absolutely bloody ludicrous and preposterous statement. They've never played in the top division and they last played in the second tier when Walter Winterbottom was still England manager. They've spent 47 years of those 57 years since either playing in the bottom division or in non league. Laughable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Lincoln_City_F.C._seasons
[Post edited 2 Apr 2019 17:44]

The past is the past. This season Lincoln had 5,500 season ticket holders, double anything they've had in the past. They've plans for a new 17,000 seat stadium, and plan to invest £1 million in the team next season if promoted. Grimsby aside there's no serious competition close by. I'm not knocking QPR, far from it, but I think many of us don't really realise what a financial strait-jacket we're in. We've got incredibly wealthy owners (who can't spend their money on us,) and three recent seasons at the bottom of the Premier League. Where we are in the league right now is about right, and yes we're still a bigger club than Lincoln... just. But not by all that
much, and based on recent history perhaps not for much longer.

FWIW I think we can, and I hope will, do better. For me, provided the core group of Les/Lee/Ramsay stays in place and is allowed to do their jobs without interference we'll improve, But it'll take time, maybe more time than some people are prepared to give them.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2019 18:43]
Next manager? on 18:49 - Apr 2 with 3237 viewsStevenageRanger

Next manager? on 21:54 - Apr 1 by PunteR

Tbh mate i'd much rather talk about Moving Shadow than QPR at the moment as well. :)

👍👍 I used to go to Nookies shop in Hitchin a couple of times a week BITD. Top lad who made some killer tunes.

I run past the street where Rob Playford’s house was at least once a week. It’s where Goldie made the Timeless album.
Next manager? on 18:51 - Apr 2 with 3232 viewshubble

Next manager? on 14:02 - Apr 2 by hubble

But how long before Bowyer got the Spanish Archer?

Too subtle, or just not funny enough? :(

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Next manager? on 20:33 - Apr 2 with 3087 viewsrsonist

Next manager? on 18:49 - Apr 2 by StevenageRanger

👍👍 I used to go to Nookies shop in Hitchin a couple of times a week BITD. Top lad who made some killer tunes.

I run past the street where Rob Playford’s house was at least once a week. It’s where Goldie made the Timeless album.

Come on we all know Playford made Timeless really.
Next manager? on 21:19 - Apr 2 with 3011 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Didn't realise Steve Gallen is part of Bowyers management team at Charlton.
Next manager? on 21:41 - Apr 2 with 2952 viewskensalriser

Next manager? on 18:51 - Apr 2 by hubble

Too subtle by half!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Next manager? on 21:48 - Apr 2 with 2928 viewsMrSheen

5th defeat in a row for Tony Pustule. Come on down!
Next manager? on 21:59 - Apr 2 with 2897 viewsStevenageRanger

Next manager? on 20:33 - Apr 2 by rsonist

Come on we all know Playford made Timeless really.

😂😂😂
Next manager? on 10:26 - Apr 3 with 2519 viewsNW10Hoop

Would genuinely have been up for Mick McCarthy if he hadn't taken the Ireland job. Kind of a junior Warnock and now proven to have done a great job at Ipswich. Alas.....

Would love Les to throw his hat into the ring. He's done all his coaching badges hasn't he? And could see him lining up a decent backroom team too. We'd have to suffer 3 back to back relegations before I'd agree with any calls to get rid!
Next manager? on 10:46 - Apr 3 with 2498 viewsMick_S

Next manager? on 14:02 - Apr 2 by hubble

But how long before Bowyer got the Spanish Archer?

Sausages.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Next manager? on 10:53 - Apr 3 with 2476 viewsNorthernr

Lee Bowyer. Fck me.
Next manager? on 10:58 - Apr 3 with 2464 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Next manager? on 18:51 - Apr 2 by hubble

The worlds your lobster Hubb's
Next manager? on 11:00 - Apr 3 with 2452 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Next manager? on 10:53 - Apr 3 by Northernr

Lee Bowyer. Fck me.

You didn't put it quite like that on the podcast Clive
Next manager? on 11:11 - Apr 3 with 2413 viewsloftus77

Francesco Guidolin or Walter Novellino.

No chance of either (I assume) but no speculation would be complete without including them as has been done the last 10 times or so.
Next manager? on 11:19 - Apr 3 with 2385 viewsjohncharles

I’d rather have Lee Brilleaux

Strong and stable my arse.

Next manager? on 12:02 - Apr 3 with 2279 viewslave16

Next manager? on 11:11 - Apr 3 by loftus77

Francesco Guidolin or Walter Novellino.

No chance of either (I assume) but no speculation would be complete without including them as has been done the last 10 times or so.

Walter Mitty?

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Next manager? on 13:58 - Apr 3 with 2140 viewsR_from_afar

I'm suprised Captain Pugwash hasn't been touting Dave(y) Jones.

Think about it....

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024