Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread- Boro 09:24 - Nov 20 with 44722 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Sky
Friday Night
Away from home
Under the lights
Against a top team in the Championship

How many will Boro win by then?
[Post edited 20 Nov 2015 9:26]

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Match Thread- Boro on 22:26 - Nov 20 with 1423 viewsBushman

Match Thread- Boro on 22:23 - Nov 20 by Northernr

Where? in the two games we've failed to score a single goal in? Against Preston where we didn't have a shot? People who hated Ramsey picked fault, now he's gone you're looking for positives. In the end, the team's about the same, we're just moving rubble around.

Fck it, I'm angry, we didn't deserve that, we're in a mess, we're in a relegation battle this season and we need to get used to it.

I think the only shot Boro had on target was the penalty.

We had 5.

Were not that bad

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Match Thread- Boro on 22:31 - Nov 20 with 1382 viewsDeepcutHoop

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

'Massive improvement' is a massive overstatement of the difference in performances pre and post Ramsey
Match Thread- Boro on 22:32 - Nov 20 with 1378 viewsbaz_qpr

Match Thread- Boro on 22:19 - Nov 20 by Northernr

No, I'm saying we're absolutely broken, and you'd need to be a fcking amazing manager to get anything out of this at the moment. As we're not likely to attract a fcking amazing manager, you can chop and change them as much as you like, it'll provide only short term, minor peaks and troughs.

We are not Blackpool here, one of those sitters gets put away confidence flows you maybe win two on the bounce, things change really quickly. We saw absolutely no progress under Ramsey we were disorganised at the back and he lost the crowd and lost the players.

Warnock came in first time around after we had changed 5 managers in very quick success took a total shitbag of a team that narrowly missed relegation and made them champions through one preseason a couple of additions and some very astute loans. A manager can make a hell of a difference both positively and negatively. I'm not suggesting Warnock can do it again. But we've only beaten 4 out of the bottom 6 and Wolves who are below us and also misfiring. The last two games have been against two of the meanest defences. We are improving and clearly getting better.
Match Thread- Boro on 22:33 - Nov 20 with 1369 viewsgobbles

Ramsey had plenty of time. We were a shambles under him in the Premier League and a shambles when we got relegated. There was also absolutely no sign of progress or a bigger plan. I also seriously question his ability to man-manage players, hence all that "Bad Egg" stuff in the press.
Considering the abuse Blackwell got on here when he was brought in as a temporary coach, he did pretty well in charge tonight organising that team. Notable also that they came out playing better after Blackwell's half-time team talk and were more positive, having been too negative in the first half.
Tonight the team kept its shape and kept trying. Teams under Ramsey just gave up and never changed tactics during a game.
Match Thread- Boro on 22:33 - Nov 20 with 2274 viewsYorkRanger

Where? in the two games we've failed to score a single goal in? Against Preston where we didn't have a shot? People who hated Ramsey picked fault, now he's gone you're looking for positives. In the end, the team's about the same, we're just moving rubble around.

Fck it, I'm angry, we didn't deserve that, we're in a mess, we're in a relegation battle this season and we need to get used to it.

I understand the frustration but I don't think we are in a relegation battle. We look like and are a mid table team. At the start of the season, everyone was supposed to be happy with that. However the plan to bring on youngsters which would have accompanied that has been shelved and we now largely have what is left of the premier league team with a couple of journeymen additions.

The bright spot is Grant Hall who looks like a real find.

I do think we need a managerial appointment quickly. The current situation is unacceptable and breeds uncertainty. I do take your point though that the problems run deeper than that
Match Thread- Boro on 22:35 - Nov 20 with 2267 viewsBasingstokeR

Massive improvement is a bit strong!! Especially when mentioning the last away games...

We had less possession and chances tonight than we had in our last three away games (although we had more on target tonight) and lost them all by a one goal margin.
Match Thread- Boro on 22:37 - Nov 20 with 2260 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I'm surprised you think we're in a relegation battle after that tonight Clive.
Match Thread- Boro on 22:37 - Nov 20 with 2253 viewsPunteR

Northern's right.
We sacked a guy doing an average job for.... who exactly?
Yeh great Kevin Blackwell tonight..
I thought the defence played the best i've seen tonight and kept playing Boro offside but apart from that i didnt see much different up top.
Its not about Ramsey being the best manager, its about us as a club improving how we go about our business and putting long term strategies in place.
We're a mess. SKY cameras trying to get shots of our coaches on the phone to Warnock,making us look a joke club.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread- Boro on 22:39 - Nov 20 with 2239 viewsbatmanhoop

Match Thread- Boro on 21:44 - Nov 20 by Discodroids

hope traore has got something nice in for dinner tonight..tapas , thai, who can say , lets just hope he enjoys it.

supporting QPR is just grinding me down,
[Post edited 20 Nov 2015 21:46]

3 of us in a pub in Lyme Regis, all feeling the same way. Like the line in Zulu, why us?
Match Thread- Boro on 22:43 - Nov 20 with 2209 viewsDiscodroids

Match Thread- Boro on 22:39 - Nov 20 by batmanhoop

3 of us in a pub in Lyme Regis, all feeling the same way. Like the line in Zulu, why us?

because were here lad !!, nobody else..just us..

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Match Thread- Boro on 22:43 - Nov 20 with 2204 viewsmakaveli1882

A few bollocks cross shots; based around a summer of shit signing and some over paid players who nobody wanted combined with shit directors and a mental owner either way we should be attacking in this league and play offs should be a minimum.... tonight along with losing at Charlton foolham brentford without scoring a goal; drawing 0-0 with preston and losing to Forrest at home is not good enough full stop!!

I can deal with watching shit I'm a Rangers fan but I would estimate the value of my season ticket is £6.83 and that's not what I paid; the club as a whole needs to step up.

The only reason I go is to see the same w8nker faces Ive drunk with for years and even that doesn't seem worth it.... joke of a club at present

F*ck you Rangers ...... see ya all next sat
Match Thread- Boro on 22:47 - Nov 20 with 2173 views2Thomas2Bowles

Match Thread- Boro on 22:19 - Nov 20 by Northernr

No, I'm saying we're absolutely broken, and you'd need to be a fcking amazing manager to get anything out of this at the moment. As we're not likely to attract a fcking amazing manager, you can chop and change them as much as you like, it'll provide only short term, minor peaks and troughs.

Right then, Lets not bother getting another manager , that want that adds up to, slagging everything we do from now ain't going to make CR any better than he was

Now, kiss Ramsay goodnight

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Match Thread- Boro on 22:53 - Nov 20 with 2130 viewsbatmanhoop

Match Thread- Boro on 22:43 - Nov 20 by Discodroids

why?, why?
Match Thread- Boro on 22:54 - Nov 20 with 2123 viewsJigsore

and at Brentford Luongo missed two certain goals by a matter of inches did he not? how different could that game have been if our players hadn't lost heart and faltered in the 2nd half

I don't think we played terribly in that game OR tonights game. But we got the same result. I think Clive's 'the devil you know' mantra was right although I don't know what kind of candyfloss and rainbows sort of devil Ramsey would be, any manager coming in now is going to have pressure on him to get instant results even if long term they are a good choice (see one N. Pearson's track record).

we don't take our chances. we make fatal defensive errors. This is us... we're not a team full of untapped potential we're a gangly outfit of misfits with largely superficial careers.

i did all my cursing at the pub second half so its easy for me to say it now but that's what I think we are. We're not a team destined for promotion, we don't even look like pushing for it

People may call it defeatist but I think we should just start looking towards next season now. That's what Brentford are doing. That man Grant Hall is quality right now and could be the rock upon which we build our team, our future captain. Rob Green (though I love him so) is out of contract next season so we need Smithies to step in. Matty Phillips is quality on his day but won't impress any suitors like this so. Despite recent weeks Chery is an absolute bloody steal in my opinion, a class player so lets build a f*cking team around them, take our time choosing a manager and give it a proper go next season

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Match Thread- Boro on 22:56 - Nov 20 with 2106 viewsPunteR

Match Thread- Boro on 20:42 - Nov 20 by Discodroids

what was it like mate?.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Match Thread- Boro on 22:57 - Nov 20 with 2098 viewsLblock

Match Thread- Boro on 22:43 - Nov 20 by Discodroids

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Match Thread- Boro on 22:58 - Nov 20 with 2087 viewsBrixtonR

Match Thread- Boro on 22:43 - Nov 20 by makaveli1882

A few bollocks cross shots; based around a summer of shit signing and some over paid players who nobody wanted combined with shit directors and a mental owner either way we should be attacking in this league and play offs should be a minimum.... tonight along with losing at Charlton foolham brentford without scoring a goal; drawing 0-0 with preston and losing to Forrest at home is not good enough full stop!!

I can deal with watching shit I'm a Rangers fan but I would estimate the value of my season ticket is £6.83 and that's not what I paid; the club as a whole needs to step up.

The only reason I go is to see the same w8nker faces Ive drunk with for years and even that doesn't seem worth it.... joke of a club at present

F*ck you Rangers ...... see ya all next sat

Perfectly summed up mate.

See you next Sat ;-)
Match Thread- Boro on 23:12 - Nov 20 with 2038 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Lads,

You maybe all need to take a breath...

Clive, I know you're not saying the manager makes no difference in a terribly-run club but that's how some are taking (or choosing to take) it up. I think we can all agree that Warnock managed to drag us out of the mire for one season. so, yes, it is possible for a first-team manager to succeed in the short term even when the club is being run terribly. But it will be short term.

As for a few others - you know exactly what Clive's point is. Our problems are structural, I hope they're being addressed but they're far from fixed. Blaming the latest ex-manager and playing a game of I-told-you-he-was rubbish is a lovely game, but a game nonetheless. Pretending that a new manager will sort the club out is hopeful. I like hope. it's great fun, and we could all do with more fun in our lives. But let's not confuse hope with reality.

We need a lot of work on the team, on the club, on the morale, on our belief, on our identity, on our very ethos.

I sincerely hope that the next man through the managerial door can change all that in one daring and elegant swoop. But, in the meantime, Clive has a point.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2015 23:14]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Match Thread- Boro on 23:15 - Nov 20 with 2020 viewsLblock

QPR:-

"SH1T BUT LOCAL"

"MENTAL BUT WE LOVE IT"

I quite enjoyed tonights game and thought we played some decent stuff when you consider we were away, it's Friday night and on the box. If my glass is half full then many others must have overflowing cratefuls!!!

C'mon U R's!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Match Thread- Boro on 23:17 - Nov 20 with 2013 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Match Thread- Boro on 23:12 - Nov 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Lads,

You maybe all need to take a breath...

Clive, I know you're not saying the manager makes no difference in a terribly-run club but that's how some are taking (or choosing to take) it up. I think we can all agree that Warnock managed to drag us out of the mire for one season. so, yes, it is possible for a first-team manager to succeed in the short term even when the club is being run terribly. But it will be short term.

As for a few others - you know exactly what Clive's point is. Our problems are structural, I hope they're being addressed but they're far from fixed. Blaming the latest ex-manager and playing a game of I-told-you-he-was rubbish is a lovely game, but a game nonetheless. Pretending that a new manager will sort the club out is hopeful. I like hope. it's great fun, and we could all do with more fun in our lives. But let's not confuse hope with reality.

We need a lot of work on the team, on the club, on the morale, on our belief, on our identity, on our very ethos.

I sincerely hope that the next man through the managerial door can change all that in one daring and elegant swoop. But, in the meantime, Clive has a point.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2015 23:14]

What Brian said.

Take a breath, count to ten, and have a wan.k.

Unless of course you are driving back from Boro, in which case pull into a lay-by first.
Match Thread- Boro on 23:26 - Nov 20 with 1980 viewsstevestrange

Not gonna give any in depth analysis on how we played or what we should have done in the match, the worst thing about tonight's result is having to hear the wife telling me "it's only a game of football", or "why do you lot keep losing ?"......She's taking me out tomorrow night to cheer me up !!! F'kin' hell !!
Match Thread- Boro on 23:37 - Nov 20 with 1932 viewsBklynRanger

Match Thread- Boro on 21:59 - Nov 20 by Toast_R

Well f*ck it, yes it's gutting to lose in injury time, this is a game we were expecting to get hammered in, we could have won and it's against a team that are likely to be in with a top 2 finish. Boro away and Hull away ticked off. If we can keep that level of performance up we'll start picking up points again soon.

On that note I'm going to bed. I've a 60 mile round bike ride tomorrow in 40mph winds. Happy days.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2015 22:01]

That's approximately 100 miles per hour in total.

(No way to avoid a binge on a bumper QPR Friday....)
Match Thread- Boro on 23:54 - Nov 20 with 1901 viewsBklynRanger

Anyway, I respect Clive greatly because he's been my Rangers lighthouse in this country, taking over from the Ron and Simon days of dial-up.

But. This has got to be sorted out. Is it the management or the manager? I think we now have a sufficient 'n' to make a regression analysis possible. I'm talking in Neil language. I'd go for a bit of a combination.
Match Thread- Boro on 01:22 - Nov 21 with 1835 viewsconnell10

I think our team has been way over egged by our fans. We really aren't that good. Play offs I don't think so bottom 6 more like! Reality check I think for some dreamers on here! WE ARE SHITE!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Match Thread- Boro on 02:03 - Nov 21 with 1816 viewsBenny_the_Ball

QPR have had structural problems for years, it's nothing new. Sure it makes life difficult but it didn't prevent the likes of Holloway and Warnock from building successful teams.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024