Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread- Boro 09:24 - Nov 20 with 44721 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Sky
Friday Night
Away from home
Under the lights
Against a top team in the Championship

How many will Boro win by then?
[Post edited 20 Nov 2015 9:26]

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Match Thread- Boro on 22:00 - Nov 20 with 1488 viewsbaz_qpr

Match Thread- Boro on 21:54 - Nov 20 by Northernr

Didn't feel like much progress to me. We're supposed to be getting promoted from this division aren't we? These players are supposed to have changed expectations aren't they? Ramsey was sacked for not doing that wasn't he? Desperate for a 0-0 at Middlesbrough.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Well we have to agree to disagree, Even if we were in the top 3 I'd be happy with a point away at boro but that does not fit with your narrative
Match Thread- Boro on 22:00 - Nov 20 with 1481 viewsstevec

Match Thread- Boro on 21:57 - Nov 20 by Northernr

If Ramsey had gone there and played without a striker, left Polter at home, lost 1-0, not scoring again, this message board would be going off.

The manager isn't the problem. We've only scored in one match since Warnock arrived.

And who was the manager who thought Polter was the answer?
Match Thread- Boro on 22:01 - Nov 20 with 1476 views2Thomas2Bowles

Match Thread- Boro on 21:57 - Nov 20 by Northernr

If Ramsey had gone there and played without a striker, left Polter at home, lost 1-0, not scoring again, this message board would be going off.

The manager isn't the problem. We've only scored in one match since Warnock arrived.

he is gone, get over it

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Match Thread- Boro on 22:02 - Nov 20 with 1448 viewsHollowayRanger

plenty of effort

but I want my teams to go out there looking to win not hang on

most of them are flipping ex premiership players

who was marking the guy who had the free header

green had it covered but fer couldnt help himself still gets more time at home with his baby now

wheres cherry wheres Austin wheres our point wheres our next win

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Match Thread- Boro on 22:02 - Nov 20 with 1436 viewsGetMeRangers

Match Thread- Boro on 22:00 - Nov 20 by stevec

And who was the manager who thought Polter was the answer?

Les. DoF
Match Thread- Boro on 22:03 - Nov 20 with 1418 viewsNorthernr

Match Thread- Boro on 22:00 - Nov 20 by baz_qpr

Well we have to agree to disagree, Even if we were in the top 3 I'd be happy with a point away at boro but that does not fit with your narrative

We haven't got a point away to Boro.
Match Thread- Boro on 22:04 - Nov 20 with 1403 viewsNorthernr

Match Thread- Boro on 22:01 - Nov 20 by 2Thomas2Bowles

he is gone, get over it

It was you who brought him up, you asked if I was round his house.
Match Thread- Boro on 22:04 - Nov 20 with 1394 viewsactonman

Match Thread- Boro on 21:55 - Nov 20 by Juzzie

Team wins with only shot on target in the last minute.

I'm more gutted about this than losing to Brentford.

Agree, get the draw and everyone happy with a deserved point against top of the league , thought we played much better than recent outings against local rivals.

Boro weren't all that and a bit more focus on attacking them rather than containing them and all 3 points were up for grabs tonight

Gutted !
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread- Boro on 22:06 - Nov 20 with 1370 viewsWestonsuperR

Maybe we should be aiming for more than a draw but many positives to take from the game:

Much more organised generally
Team more motivated with more energy
Probably the best defensive performance all season, Nedum and Hall superb
Substitutions made sense
Eradicated bizarre decisions like letting JET take the throws!
Match Thread- Boro on 22:07 - Nov 20 with 1681 views2Thomas2Bowles

Match Thread- Boro on 22:04 - Nov 20 by Northernr

It was you who brought him up, you asked if I was round his house.

Umm Ramsay gone same sh it
That was you... no ?

Match Thread- Boro on 22:08 - Nov 20 with 1661 viewsNorthernr

Match Thread- Boro on 22:07 - Nov 20 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Umm Ramsay gone same sh it
That was you... no ?

True though - two games, one point, no goals scored.

You get me wrong, you think I love Ramsey, I don't think he was that good but I'm saying, over and over again, the manager isn't the problem here. Doesn't matter if its Ramsey, Warnock, Blackwell or anybody else. This is how good we are.
Match Thread- Boro on 22:11 - Nov 20 with 1608 viewsNorthernr

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

I'm not complaining about short termism. I'm complaining about people rising up against the manager as if he's got anything to do with this mess. Why do we never get a new manager bounce? Becuase the manager isn't the issue.

Manager goes, manager comes in, players change, team changes, certain people get dropped, others get brought in from cold = QPR still sht.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread- Boro on 22:13 - Nov 20 with 1580 viewsbaz_qpr

Match Thread- Boro on 22:08 - Nov 20 by Northernr

You get me wrong, you think I love Ramsey, I don't think he was that good but I'm saying, over and over again, the manager isn't the problem here. Doesn't matter if its Ramsey, Warnock, Blackwell or anybody else. This is how good we are.

So you are saying a football manager has no impact on a team and you could put Rhianna in the dug out and the result would be the same because its purely down to the quality of the players?
Match Thread- Boro on 22:15 - Nov 20 with 1572 viewsNorthernr

The way QPR are at the moment, the manager isn't the reason the results are poor. I fcking hated Redknapp by the end, but I said all along he's not the main reason this is going to sht. Look at us throughout Fernandes' reign - different managers, different players, flatlining and spending money.

We keep changing managers and it doesn't get any better. That can't be disputed surely?
Match Thread- Boro on 22:15 - Nov 20 with 1569 views2Thomas2Bowles

Match Thread- Boro on 22:08 - Nov 20 by Northernr

and apart from some bad luck at the end, if was FAR better that the crap CR served up most weeks.

Yes sure we are still a long way from a team that could go up but have a look round, most others saw that as better, not perfect.. Better

Match Thread- Boro on 22:15 - Nov 20 with 1552 viewsBrixtonR

Match Thread- Boro on 21:49 - Nov 20 by Northernr

Few thoughts...

Bluce is right earlier - we're setting up desperate to get a point from Middlesbrough. This is a team that's meant to be good enough to change expectations, to push for promotion.

That said, once you've accepted we're not that good (which I did long ago), that was a very decent performance. Not totally defensive, three really good chances, deserved a draw.

Don't blame Fer, split second decision, it was a goal otherwise.

We're not very good. The manager is not the problem. Ramsey gone, same sht. Stopped scoring now as well.

Totally agree with everything in that post except the fact the manager is not the problem.

Yes of course the managers not the only problem, their are loads of other problems at the club (Uncle Bungle's total lack of business acumen/ self awareness/learning from mistakes, a culture of overpaid fckwits etc. etc. etc. ) but the fact a team coached by Kevin fckin Blackwell can look that much more organised after 3 weeks of Warnock compared with Ramsey's lacklustre nonsense after 9 months leads me to believe that any fairly competent manager (Pearson :-)lol) could improve things.

I actually thought we looked OK today considering Boro are right up there and at least we were always backing up and going for the second ball. What I felt I could see is that they don't look confident overall but when they did their was a semblance of a team
that could be quite good.
Match Thread- Boro on 22:16 - Nov 20 with 1549 viewsBasingstokeR

Match Thread- Boro on 22:13 - Nov 20 by baz_qpr

So you are saying a football manager has no impact on a team and you could put Rhianna in the dug out and the result would be the same because its purely down to the quality of the players?

Saying the manager isn't the problem, and saying the manager has no impact on a team aren't the same thing.
Match Thread- Boro on 22:16 - Nov 20 with 1549 viewsBushman

Match Thread- Boro on 22:15 - Nov 20 by Northernr

The way QPR are at the moment, the manager isn't the reason the results are poor. I fcking hated Redknapp by the end, but I said all along he's not the main reason this is going to sht. Look at us throughout Fernandes' reign - different managers, different players, flatlining and spending money.

We keep changing managers and it doesn't get any better. That can't be disputed surely?

Surely we played well??

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Match Thread- Boro on 22:18 - Nov 20 with 1527 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I thought we were very good tonight. Very unlucky to lose that.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2015 22:19]
Match Thread- Boro on 22:18 - Nov 20 with 1527 viewsbaz_qpr

Match Thread- Boro on 22:15 - Nov 20 by Northernr

We got promoted one season, so it can be disputed
Match Thread- Boro on 22:19 - Nov 20 with 1526 viewsNorthernr

Match Thread- Boro on 22:13 - Nov 20 by baz_qpr

No, I'm saying we're absolutely broken, and you'd need to be a fcking amazing manager to get anything out of this at the moment. As we're not likely to attract a fcking amazing manager, you can chop and change them as much as you like, it'll provide only short term, minor peaks and troughs.
Match Thread- Boro on 22:19 - Nov 20 with 1514 viewsNorthernr

Match Thread- Boro on 22:18 - Nov 20 by baz_qpr

We got promoted one season, so it can be disputed

By the skin of our teeth, through the play offs, spending £77m on wages alone. The biggest Championship spend in the division's history.
Match Thread- Boro on 22:23 - Nov 20 with 1455 viewsBushman

positive performance.

We could have won.

Team look disjointed on paper but we were set up well and had a plan.

A point would have been good against one of the best teams in the division.

I feel positive.

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Match Thread- Boro on 22:23 - Nov 20 with 1452 viewsBasingstokeR

Clearly better at winning games?
Match Thread- Boro on 22:23 - Nov 20 with 1452 viewsNorthernr

Where? in the two games we've failed to score a single goal in? Against Preston where we didn't have a shot? People who hated Ramsey picked fault, now he's gone you're looking for positives. In the end, the team's about the same, we're just moving rubble around.

Fck it, I'm angry, we didn't deserve that, we're in a mess, we're in a relegation battle this season and we need to get used to it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024