Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The NFL Thread 14:33 - Jul 30 with 38987 viewsJonnyTheJack

Training camps started last week. Getting closer to it the season starting.

Hard Knocks starts again on the 6th of August. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1713991-hbo-bengals-hard-knocks-teaser-will-t
The NFL Thread on 15:25 - Jan 20 with 1756 viewsC_jack

How good has their D been on the road though? both of their losses were on the road to the Colts and SF.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

The NFL Thread on 18:27 - Jan 20 with 1736 viewsDrizzy

Was Sherman wrong with what he said though?

Best corner in the NFL he claims? Well he has intercepted 14% of balls thrown his way which is just outstanding. Leads the league in interceptions and passer rating when throwing towards to him.

Crabtree was mouthing off well before the game and attacked Sherman.

You can't blame him for "blown coverages" because that's on the whole secondary and there weren't that many. When he lied in press man coverage he shut his receiver down. If there was any weak link in that defense it was the linebackers in failing to contain Kaepernick and missing tackles on him.

Love him or hate him, he backs it up and he's exciting.

Looking at the Broncos' schedule they haven't faced a defense anywhere near the level of the Seahawks. The Chiefs are the best they've played and the game at Arrowhead was extremely close. While the front 7s of both teams aren't miles apart, they're respective secondaries are.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

The NFL Thread on 18:46 - Jan 20 with 1729 viewsC_jack

The NFL Thread on 18:27 - Jan 20 by Drizzy

Was Sherman wrong with what he said though?

Best corner in the NFL he claims? Well he has intercepted 14% of balls thrown his way which is just outstanding. Leads the league in interceptions and passer rating when throwing towards to him.

Crabtree was mouthing off well before the game and attacked Sherman.

You can't blame him for "blown coverages" because that's on the whole secondary and there weren't that many. When he lied in press man coverage he shut his receiver down. If there was any weak link in that defense it was the linebackers in failing to contain Kaepernick and missing tackles on him.

Love him or hate him, he backs it up and he's exciting.

Looking at the Broncos' schedule they haven't faced a defense anywhere near the level of the Seahawks. The Chiefs are the best they've played and the game at Arrowhead was extremely close. While the front 7s of both teams aren't miles apart, they're respective secondaries are.

Compare him to Russell Wilson at the end of the game.

RW used the terms 'we', 'us' and the team

RS preferred to talk about himself. His team had just got to the SB for the second time in their history, but it was all about him. I'm sure the other guys appreciated the mention for their efforts in the game.

If you're looking for any comparison in Denvers schedule to Seattle, then look at the Titans, a steely pass defence with the least amount of passing TD's conceded all year, but Peyton still got 4 TD's on the board in their matchup.

The NFL Thread on 19:00 - Jan 20 with 1724 viewsDrizzy

The NFL Thread on 18:46 - Jan 20 by C_jack

Compare him to Russell Wilson at the end of the game.

RW used the terms 'we', 'us' and the team

RS preferred to talk about himself. His team had just got to the SB for the second time in their history, but it was all about him. I'm sure the other guys appreciated the mention for their efforts in the game.

If you're looking for any comparison in Denvers schedule to Seattle, then look at the Titans, a steely pass defence with the least amount of passing TD's conceded all year, but Peyton still got 4 TD's on the board in their matchup.

You missed Sherman's interview after the NFC Championship parade then when he thanked the fans praised the whole team. He said something along the lines of: "the offense was excellent, the front 7 was excellent and we just had to finish the job".

They shoved a microphone in his face right after he's made a game winning play (against a receiver who talked trash about him all week) to send his team to the Super Bowl. It was an emotionally charged 30 seconds amid mass delirium. He could say whatever the hell he wanted to.

The NFL Thread on 19:33 - Jan 20 with 1712 viewsjruss1

No doubt he's the best corner in the game. He's elite.

I don't even have a problem with him trash talking Crabtree on the field.

But no need for him to call him out publicly and claim himself the best. And no need to be so arrogant about his own ability. What would people say if Peyton Manning said after the game 'Who's calling me out? I'm the best Quaterback in football'. Not the first time he's done it. Just attention seeking. 'Look at me I'm Richard Sherman'. Me, me , me all he seems to care about it. This guy went to Stanford as well, he's not stupid.

He made a tvvat of himself last season arguing with Skip Bayliss on ESPN because he was upset he had a pop at him. Picking a fight with a Redskins player after the game last season. Calling out Darelle Revis on twitter etc The guy can't take anybody criticizing him in any way. Needs to grow up.

And while I accept he's the best corner in the NFL I would save making that statement if he feels the need to tell everyone, until after the big show, where he has to face Peyton Manning and the best passing offense in football. If they torch him, this will be blown up in his face time and time again.

I also note he's on a rookie contract, as is Russel Wilson, and a few others to. So maybe he's reminding Seattle he needs to get paid. Interesting looking at Seattle's cap, they are going to lose some good players either this year or next. I don't see how they afford them all.
The NFL Thread on 19:56 - Jan 20 with 1704 viewsJonnyTheJack

Was amazing watching the Broncos win. Never had that feeling before. Offense was superb. Some of those drives were incredible. 7 minute drives. Defense stepped up too. One of the best moments was seeing Champ lead the post game huddle. Hall of famer finally gets to play in the big one.

I don't mind Sherman. He's fun to watch. I agree with both of you though. Sticking a mic in his face straight away didn't help but even then he should of just spoke about the team. I know he did in the locker room and stuff but that's all people are talking about now instead if the Seahawks win.
The NFL Thread on 21:05 - Jan 20 with 1692 viewsDrizzy

The NFL Thread on 19:33 - Jan 20 by jruss1

No doubt he's the best corner in the game. He's elite.

I don't even have a problem with him trash talking Crabtree on the field.

But no need for him to call him out publicly and claim himself the best. And no need to be so arrogant about his own ability. What would people say if Peyton Manning said after the game 'Who's calling me out? I'm the best Quaterback in football'. Not the first time he's done it. Just attention seeking. 'Look at me I'm Richard Sherman'. Me, me , me all he seems to care about it. This guy went to Stanford as well, he's not stupid.

He made a tvvat of himself last season arguing with Skip Bayliss on ESPN because he was upset he had a pop at him. Picking a fight with a Redskins player after the game last season. Calling out Darelle Revis on twitter etc The guy can't take anybody criticizing him in any way. Needs to grow up.

And while I accept he's the best corner in the NFL I would save making that statement if he feels the need to tell everyone, until after the big show, where he has to face Peyton Manning and the best passing offense in football. If they torch him, this will be blown up in his face time and time again.

I also note he's on a rookie contract, as is Russel Wilson, and a few others to. So maybe he's reminding Seattle he needs to get paid. Interesting looking at Seattle's cap, they are going to lose some good players either this year or next. I don't see how they afford them all.

Skip Bayless is journalism's very own Richard Sherman except he's not an elite journalist in any way, shape or form. At least Sherman has talent.

Thing is it was just 30 seconds right after victory in an NFCCG against your heated rival. There's been a massive media overreaction to it.

He was mouthing off to a Redskins player and got punched for it. The guy (think it was an O-lineman) was twice his size and caught him with a cheap shot.

You're right he does need to grow up and probably will when he gets his 5 year $40 million contract that's due soon as the Seahawks "dynasty" won't be able to enjoy the fruit of some very successful draft classes due to the cap.

For now I'm going to enjoy every minute of him.

The NFL Thread on 21:09 - Jan 20 with 1690 viewsjruss1

Yeah, Bayliss is like that but I see no reason why Sherman had to go on national TV just to argue with him. Didn't come out of it very well, kept saying 'I'm better at life than you'. Like he was a 10 year old child.
Login to get fewer ads

The NFL Thread on 22:46 - Jan 20 with 1679 viewsJonnyTheJack

My favourite Sherman story http://deadspin.com/richard-shermans-email-to-his-stanford-dorm-is-pricele-92276
The NFL Thread on 23:37 - Jan 20 with 1671 viewsDrizzy

The NFL Thread on 22:46 - Jan 20 by JonnyTheJack

My favourite Sherman story http://deadspin.com/richard-shermans-email-to-his-stanford-dorm-is-pricele-92276

Amazing.

The NFL Thread on 22:33 - Jan 24 with 1644 viewsNeathJack

The NFL Thread on 19:03 - Feb 2 with 1609 viewsC_jack

Excited for tonight.

Seattle won't win a shoot out, they need to keep Peyton off the field. The key moment will be the coin toss.

The NFL Thread on 22:22 - Feb 2 with 1583 viewsDarran

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story/0ap2000000319963/article/duff-mckagan-seahawk

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The NFL Thread on 22:48 - Feb 2 with 1574 viewsDaithejack

Peyton Manning earnes $937,500 a week!!!

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

The NFL Thread on 01:29 - Feb 3 with 1551 viewsLiberty

Walkover so far.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

The NFL Thread on 03:28 - Feb 3 with 1532 viewsDrizzy

Peyton crumbled.

The NFL Thread on 03:38 - Feb 3 with 1529 viewsDavillin

Although before the game I couldn't honestly predict the winner, I am shocked by the final score and spread! Seahawks - supposedly the defensive strongmen - won 43-8!

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

The NFL Thread on 12:35 - Feb 3 with 1513 viewsC_jack

Well.. what can you say. That safety just created a huge wave of confidence for Seattle and boy did they ride it.

Everything just fell perfectly for Seattle, not saying they were lucky but it was destined to be their night.

The NFL Thread on 13:32 - Feb 3 with 1501 viewsKennedy

The NFL Thread on 12:35 - Feb 3 by C_jack

Well.. what can you say. That safety just created a huge wave of confidence for Seattle and boy did they ride it.

Everything just fell perfectly for Seattle, not saying they were lucky but it was destined to be their night.

Won nice couple of bets tonight on the Seahawks. Should have placed a bet at the start of the season as picked Seattle then.

Peyton did all he could but his team mates let him down.

Just call me JFK

The NFL Thread on 14:08 - Feb 3 with 1492 viewsJonnyTheJack

Painful
The NFL Thread on 16:58 - Feb 3 with 1481 viewsDavillin

The short form of a popular expression about football: "On any given Sunday." Long form: "On any given Sunday, any NFL team can beat any other NFL team" (or words like that - nobody uses the long form anymore],

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

The NFL Thread on 15:01 - Mar 12 with 1409 viewsC_jack

Demarcus Ware cut by Dallas

Jonathan Martin traded to San Francisco

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/mar/11/demarcus-ware-released-dallas-cowbo

The NFL Thread on 22:34 - Mar 12 with 1393 viewsDrizzy

Ware has signed for the Broncos. 3 years, $30M. What a pass rush they have now with Miller and him.

Broncos sign TJ Ward All-Pro SS as well along with Talib on a huge deal. Guess they're going all out while they still have Manning.

Saints have done a similar thing but their cap situation is on the verge of collapse. No idea how they gave Byrd that deal without signing Graham. They're really going for it too.

Strong likelihood of Revis going to the Pats too.

The NFL Thread on 22:34 - Mar 13 with 1375 viewsC_jack

The NFL Thread on 22:34 - Mar 12 by Drizzy

Ware has signed for the Broncos. 3 years, $30M. What a pass rush they have now with Miller and him.

Broncos sign TJ Ward All-Pro SS as well along with Talib on a huge deal. Guess they're going all out while they still have Manning.

Saints have done a similar thing but their cap situation is on the verge of collapse. No idea how they gave Byrd that deal without signing Graham. They're really going for it too.

Strong likelihood of Revis going to the Pats too.

Revis: Tampa Bay --> New England

McGown: Chicago ---> Tampa Bay

Browns release space to go get a QB in one of their two 1st round picks.

The NFL Thread on 22:38 - Mar 13 with 1374 viewsC_jack

Forgot to mention that the Raiders are trying to stay relevant by signing Justin Tuck

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024