Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The NFL Thread 14:33 - Jul 30 with 38971 viewsJonnyTheJack

Training camps started last week. Getting closer to it the season starting.

Hard Knocks starts again on the 6th of August. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1713991-hbo-bengals-hard-knocks-teaser-will-t
The NFL Thread on 09:11 - Dec 30 with 1717 viewsJonnyTheJack

Schwartz
Shanahan
Frazier
Allen
Philbin
Schiano might go to Penn State
Garrett

I think those will go.

Crazy end to the season. San Diego incredibly lucky with that missed FG and the illegal formation which wasn't called on that FG too.

IND VS KC
PHI VS NO
CIN VS SD
GB VS SF
The NFL Thread on 09:58 - Dec 30 with 1699 viewsjruss1

Really looking forward to the play-offs, best wild card weekend for a while I think, on paper anyway.

It wouldn’t surprise me if San Diego beats the Bengals. Only because it would be typical of the Bengals and despite a woeful and lucky effort yesterday, The Chargers are talented.

KC more talented than Indy, but they did beat them comfortably a few weeks ago and are at home. Flip a coin for that one.

Eagles/Saints should be a high scoring shoot out. Saints no good on the road, I’ll go Eagles...just.

GB/SF should be a great game. But I’m not backing against Aaron Rodgers at home.
The NFL on 10:43 - Dec 30 with 1690 viewsClinton

Gents, with a bit more time on my hands in January, I will be following the play offs, but admit I have not followed the regular season too closely.

Any recommendations who I should be looking out for. I have relatives in Indy, so I will be following the Colts, but I suspect they don't have the quality to go all the way. Who do you reckon will go to the Super Bowl ?

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

The NFL Thread on 10:47 - Dec 30 with 1688 viewsjruss1

The beauty of the NFL is that it rarely works out the way it should or is predicted to. Denver and Seattle are very strong number one seeds, who have big home field advantages. However, the last time two number 1 seed’s made the Superbowl was 2009. There will be surprises. I have given up trying to predict it. Just sit back and enjoy the drama (and hope for a New England win ;)

As for The Colts, I’d say they have too many holes to go all the way. They have beaten some very good teams though but I suspect they fall short before the AFC Championship game.
The NFL Thread on 10:52 - Dec 30 with 1686 viewsClinton

The NFL Thread on 10:47 - Dec 30 by jruss1

The beauty of the NFL is that it rarely works out the way it should or is predicted to. Denver and Seattle are very strong number one seeds, who have big home field advantages. However, the last time two number 1 seed’s made the Superbowl was 2009. There will be surprises. I have given up trying to predict it. Just sit back and enjoy the drama (and hope for a New England win ;)

As for The Colts, I’d say they have too many holes to go all the way. They have beaten some very good teams though but I suspect they fall short before the AFC Championship game.

Many thanks (Pats....... )

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

The NFL Thread on 12:23 - Dec 30 with 1676 viewsJackFish

NFC looks stronger than the AFC to me, with Seattle, SF, Panthers and Saints all in with a decent shot at the superbowl. Although Saints haven't been very good away from home and would have to win three away games to make it. The wildcard matches are both interesting because the wildcard sides are probably favourites in both.

Hard to look past the Broncos in the AFC, but then we said that last season as well.

Predictions for next weekend:
SF, NO, Ind, Cin.
The NFL Thread on 15:01 - Dec 30 with 1661 viewscsf

The NFL Thread on 09:11 - Dec 30 by JonnyTheJack

Schwartz
Shanahan
Frazier
Allen
Philbin
Garrett

I think those will go.

Crazy end to the season. San Diego incredibly lucky with that missed FG and the illegal formation which wasn't called on that FG too.

IND VS KC
PHI VS NO
CIN VS SD
GB VS SF

Schwartz
Shanahan - Gone
Frazier - Gone
Allen
Philbin
Garrett

Predictions bang on so far!
The NFL Thread on 18:43 - Dec 30 with 1637 viewscsf

Schwartz and Schiano both gone
Login to get fewer ads

The NFL on 19:59 - Dec 30 with 1623 viewsJonnyTheJack

The NFL on 10:43 - Dec 30 by Clinton

Gents, with a bit more time on my hands in January, I will be following the play offs, but admit I have not followed the regular season too closely.

Any recommendations who I should be looking out for. I have relatives in Indy, so I will be following the Colts, but I suspect they don't have the quality to go all the way. Who do you reckon will go to the Super Bowl ?

Echo what Jruss said. It's the best time to follow the NFL with the focus solely on 1 game at a time instead of 7 or 8 6pm games, 4 or 5 9:25 games etc. And they're huge games as well.

Over the past few years the favourite rarely wins the SB and there's always that 1 team that puts a great run together in the playoffs. Look at the Ravens last year, they lost like 4 of their last 5 regular season games and then were incredible come playoff time.

As for who will go to the Superbowl, I predicted a Broncos vs Packers SB before the season started. But it's so tough to pick now. Every team has a flaw but it's hard to go against Seattle at home and as for the AFC i'd go for my Broncos but i've got a feeling the Bengals will put a run together.
The NFL Thread on 08:03 - Dec 31 with 1595 viewscsf

Just seen the Browns fans kicking off at the owners, disappointed in what they've done, think they are clueless and don't understand the club.

Sounds familiar, next thing you know they'll be changing the team colours......
The NFL on 10:08 - Dec 31 with 1587 viewsJackFish

The NFL on 19:59 - Dec 30 by JonnyTheJack

Echo what Jruss said. It's the best time to follow the NFL with the focus solely on 1 game at a time instead of 7 or 8 6pm games, 4 or 5 9:25 games etc. And they're huge games as well.

Over the past few years the favourite rarely wins the SB and there's always that 1 team that puts a great run together in the playoffs. Look at the Ravens last year, they lost like 4 of their last 5 regular season games and then were incredible come playoff time.

As for who will go to the Superbowl, I predicted a Broncos vs Packers SB before the season started. But it's so tough to pick now. Every team has a flaw but it's hard to go against Seattle at home and as for the AFC i'd go for my Broncos but i've got a feeling the Bengals will put a run together.

Yeah, definitely the best time to watch it as you can see all the games live instead of just two a week like you usually can. I tried the free trial of NFL Gamepass last weekend and thought it was very good, and you can send it to apple TV so you've got the choice of all the non-sky matches available. I think it's £40 for the season which seems pretty reasonable.
The NFL Thread on 10:11 - Dec 31 with 1586 viewsJackFish

Actually, just seen that it was £40 for the last few weeks of the season & playoffs. £100 for the whole season.
The NFL Thread on 10:57 - Dec 31 with 1576 viewsjruss1

I’ve had it last few years. It really is great value for money. You can pay the £100.00 in 4 instalments without any additional charges. NFL network on there as well and archived games.
The NFL Thread on 14:28 - Jan 1 with 1549 viewsC_jack

I really like the Panthers, might even stick a fiver on them to win it. Fantastic defence and you know how that cliche goes..

would love San Diego to make a run in the AFC but it will more than likely be Broncos/Pats.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

The NFL Thread on 18:02 - Jan 1 with 1536 viewscsf

Read somewhere that Johnny Manziel is playing in the chick-fil-a-bowl soon. Can someone explain to me the whole college bowl system. I know there's quite a number of bowl games, but is there a college superbowl type game etc? How do they know who the top college team is?
The NFL Thread on 18:51 - Jan 1 with 1526 viewsC_jack

There's about 8 divisions, with colleges put together with others similiar in their size.

The Bowl games are just championship games for various divisions, the Rose Bowl is on tonight I believe between Stanford and Michigan State. So not the size of a superbowl, but a scaled down version. That's what I get out of it anyway, it's hugely complex.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_football#Bowl_games
[Post edited 1 Jan 2014 18:51]

The NFL Thread on 19:03 - Jan 1 with 1513 viewsJonnyTheJack

There's so many bowls it's tough to follow. I only watch the teams that are ranked anyway. The top 25 are ranked and it changes every week during the season. The best 2 teams meet in the BCS Bowl on Monday I think. Auburn vs Florida state.
If you haven't already, watch the finish between Auburn and Alabama from a few weeks ago. The best finish I've seen in any sport.
I don't know how the other bowl games are determined but i don't think teams from the same conference face each other. It's changing next year with a playoff system.

Johnny Football played last night by the way. Incredible game. Can't wait to see him in the NFL.
The NFL Thread on 19:15 - Jan 1 with 1504 viewscsf

Cheers gents
The NFL Thread on 19:29 - Jan 1 with 1497 viewsjruss1

Johnny Manziel is the most exciting player I've seen at any level. I see he's trying trademark the term 'Johnny Football' as well.
The NFL Thread on 19:47 - Jan 1 with 1494 viewsJonnyTheJack

The NFL Thread on 19:29 - Jan 1 by jruss1

Johnny Manziel is the most exciting player I've seen at any level. I see he's trying trademark the term 'Johnny Football' as well.

Agreed mate. My favourite player to watch in any sport. His 1 play last night was ridiculous where he ran into a D-lineman, stayed on his feet and managed to find the receiver on the outside who ran it in for the TD.

Viewing figures last night was the most for a non BCS bowl since 2000.
The NFL Thread on 20:03 - Jan 1 with 1347 viewsjruss1

I recorded it to watch later, but I see he brought them back from 38 17 down to win. Such a shame The Aggies D is a joke, he could have been in National Championship Game.

I note he's 'too short' and 'undersized' for a QB. But the guy can make all the throws. His ability to escape sacks and turn what should be negative plays into huge gains/td's is remarkable. His technique throwing on the run is Brett Favre like.

Top 5 pick without question.
The NFL Thread on 20:21 - Jan 1 with 1341 viewsJonnyTheJack

The NFL Thread on 20:03 - Jan 1 by jruss1

I recorded it to watch later, but I see he brought them back from 38 17 down to win. Such a shame The Aggies D is a joke, he could have been in National Championship Game.

I note he's 'too short' and 'undersized' for a QB. But the guy can make all the throws. His ability to escape sacks and turn what should be negative plays into huge gains/td's is remarkable. His technique throwing on the run is Brett Favre like.

Top 5 pick without question.

Yeah there was a bit made about how strong his arm is and if he can stop getting it, before the season started. He's got much better at both of those this season. He made some great throws last night.

I don't think size means much now as a QB. Russell Wilson isn't tall and he's pretty similar to Manziel. I guess the only thing that might hurt him is his character issues.

Would love to see him at Cleveland throwing to Gordon.
The NFL Thread on 20:36 - Jan 1 with 1338 viewsjruss1

The Browns have a lot of young talent, £46 million in cap space and two first round picks. Not a bad spot for him to land, read a story the Browns front office are keen on him but I suppose the head coach appointment will have a say.
The NFL Thread on 11:12 - Jan 2 with 1326 viewsjruss1

Just watched the game now. A big time performance from Manziel. Stood in the pocket delivering strikes all over the field. He’s spiral is perfect and he’s going through reads to find an open guy.

I’d pick him number one over all. A gamble? Yes. But this guy can make all the throws and has incredible ability to make something out of nothing and turn negatives plays into scores. That play where he leaped over a defender, ran into someone yet still threw a touchdown pass, sums him up. His ability to throwing in awkward positions is ridiculous.
The NFL Thread on 13:23 - Jan 2 with 1301 viewsC_jack

Surely JM is going to Houston being a born and bred Texan?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024