Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Match day thread GAME DAY 20:52 - Oct 20 with 4794 viewsModeratorC

In 1984 the Swans lost 6-1 at Hillsborough. The next game between the sides was in 2008. Since then the Owls have won just one game against the Swans, a 3-1 home win in 2019. Despite the overall record being poor, recent history states differently.

🔼
The above stat (P19 etc) are games played at Hillsborough.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/63179

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/63182/sheffield-wednesda

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/63183

This post has been edited by an administrator
Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Match day thread MON on 09:15 - Oct 22 with 1605 viewsWhiterockin

1-2 win for us. Grimes pen and Franco. Jamal Lowe for them because that's the way it always goes.
Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Match day thread MON on 09:20 - Oct 22 with 1600 viewsonehunglow

Went to that game with a Wednesday fan we d net on holiday
Watched it amongst Wednesday fans
Great lot
Tosh headed goal !
It snowed .
We were on the slippery slope then

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Match day thread MON on 09:24 - Oct 22 with 1604 viewspete

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Match day thread MON on 09:15 - Oct 22 by Whiterockin

1-2 win for us. Grimes pen and Franco. Jamal Lowe for them because that's the way it always goes.

cannot see us getting a point never mind scoring, the enjoyment is being sucked out through poor recruitment and until our owners open the purse strings at a championship level we will struggle, no forward planning no REAL ambition D C owners who do not really care

Safe travel to all the hardy guys and gald going tonight
Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Match day thread MON on 09:28 - Oct 22 with 1590 viewsonehunglow

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Match day thread MON on 09:24 - Oct 22 by pete

cannot see us getting a point never mind scoring, the enjoyment is being sucked out through poor recruitment and until our owners open the purse strings at a championship level we will struggle, no forward planning no REAL ambition D C owners who do not really care

Safe travel to all the hardy guys and gald going tonight

We’re dreading games Pete,let’s be honest
Summat has to change
I’m hoping we can simply survive this season then ownership changes hands
These are tough times
We are not good to w@tch

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Match day thread MON on 09:30 - Oct 22 with 1591 viewsWhiterockin

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Match day thread MON on 09:28 - Oct 22 by onehunglow

Summat has to change
These are tough times
We are not good to w@tch

Well I'm looking forward to the game as always.
Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Match day thread MON on 09:36 - Oct 22 with 1582 viewsonehunglow

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Match day thread MON on 09:30 - Oct 22 by Whiterockin

Well I'm looking forward to the game as always.

Really.
I believe you
I am too.
Grimesy walking like an Egyptian and Fox in the Box causing the chickens to panic .
I’m off to a funeral soon . It’ll probably be the best part of the day

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Match day thread MON on 09:39 - Oct 22 with 1581 viewsWhiterockin

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Match day thread MON on 09:36 - Oct 22 by onehunglow

Really.
I believe you
I am too.
Grimesy walking like an Egyptian and Fox in the Box causing the chickens to panic .
I’m off to a funeral soon . It’ll probably be the best part of the day

I sometimes wonder how you can live your life being so miserable, different people different lives i suppose, try and enjoy your day.
Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Match day thread MON on 12:22 - Oct 22 with 1461 viewsFlashberryjack

Imaginary prematch talk from Luke.

"When around their box, don't p*ss about making usless sideway passes until you eventually loose possesion, take a bloody shot at goal, you may miss, the keeper may save it, or it might even end up in the back of the net, but for f*ck sake SHOOT".

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Match day thread MON on 12:26 - Oct 22 with 1457 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/63179/sheff-weds-pre-mat

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Match day thread MON on 12:57 - Oct 22 with 1424 viewsonehunglow

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Match day thread MON on 09:39 - Oct 22 by Whiterockin

I sometimes wonder how you can live your life being so miserable, different people different lives i suppose, try and enjoy your day.

To yiu and the uparrower,I’ve been to a funeral this morning and quite reflective
Thanks for the concern
Be more so inclined as to WTF is going on at the club

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Match day thread MON on 12:59 - Oct 22 with 1422 viewsonehunglow

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Match day thread MON on 12:22 - Oct 22 by Flashberryjack

Imaginary prematch talk from Luke.

"When around their box, don't p*ss about making usless sideway passes until you eventually loose possesion, take a bloody shot at goal, you may miss, the keeper may save it, or it might even end up in the back of the net, but for f*ck sake SHOOT".

Run

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Match day thread MON on 13:43 - Oct 22 with 1374 viewslifelong

Nice to see the pessimistic Pete’s on this thread. 😬
Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Match day thread MON on 13:55 - Oct 22 with 1348 viewsonehunglow

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Match day thread MON on 13:43 - Oct 22 by lifelong

Pete’s what?
Doing much today Rog

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Match day thread MON on 15:40 - Oct 22 with 1229 viewsjack247

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Match day thread MON on 09:28 - Oct 22 by onehunglow

Summat has to change
These are tough times
We are not good to w@tch

This is what im hoping for too. I’m confident we’ll survive though I don’t think we’ll achieve much more than that.

Certainly hoping for a change of ownership. It’s a gamble, but it’s one worth taking when you’re in rapid and obvious decline.

Re. the entertainment - yes it’s nothing compared to the Martinez/Rodgers/Laudrup days, even the Trundle seasons at both grounds, but it’s still better IMO than 90% of the football I saw at the Vetch (since mid 90s for context). Or served up by Cooper or Duff. Certainly find it better than the Martin football too. This side with a goalscorer in it wouldn’t seem half as boring.
Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Match day thread MON on 16:04 - Oct 22 with 1204 viewsReslovenSwan1

Scoring is like breaking into a house. There are multiple ways of doing it. Picking the lock or smashing the door down with a sledgehammer. Swansea now need to look at all options.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Match day thread MON on 18:05 - Oct 22 with 1037 viewsKeithHaynes

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Match day thread MON on 16:04 - Oct 22 by ReslovenSwan1

Scoring is like breaking into a house. There are multiple ways of doing it. Picking the lock or smashing the door down with a sledgehammer. Swansea now need to look at all options.

Diving head first into the front window is an option.

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Match day thread MON on 18:10 - Oct 22 with 1016 viewspete

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Match day thread MON on 13:43 - Oct 22 by lifelong

think its the realist pete on the board really I want us to win, i want us to be succesfull but there is somethig drastically wrong at the club 2 trialists who have been here mi 2 weeks and no news if they are wanted or not, at least 3 contracts that need sorting, no proven goalscorer and a squad that is so thin on the ground just about says it all
Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Match day thread MON on 18:14 - Oct 22 with 998 viewsWhiterockin

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Match day thread MON on 18:10 - Oct 22 by pete

think its the realist pete on the board really I want us to win, i want us to be succesfull but there is somethig drastically wrong at the club 2 trialists who have been here mi 2 weeks and no news if they are wanted or not, at least 3 contracts that need sorting, no proven goalscorer and a squad that is so thin on the ground just about says it all

If the trialists don't know what's going on its doesn't help our declining reputation.
Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Match day thread GAME DAY on 18:25 - Oct 22 with 943 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/63182/sheffield-wednesda

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Match day thread GAME DAY on 18:42 - Oct 22 with 882 viewsunion_jack

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Match day thread GAME DAY on 18:25 - Oct 22 by KeithHaynes

I hope we try something different tonight rather than proving the definition of stupidity game after game. Not getting my hopes up though.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Match day thread MON on 18:45 - Oct 22 with 869 viewsonehunglow

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Match day thread MON on 18:10 - Oct 22 by pete

Life's feels the same as you and me Pete
It's just we say it as we see it
I'm
Waiting for this team to shut up the doom and gloom pessimistic never go to games

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Match day thread MON on 18:48 - Oct 22 with 860 viewspete

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Match day thread MON on 18:45 - Oct 22 by onehunglow

I'm
Waiting for this team to shut up the doom and gloom pessimistic never go to games

lol there is always someone worse off lol
Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Match day thread GAME DAY on 18:49 - Oct 22 with 850 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City: Lawrence Vigouroux; Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango, Harry Darling, Josh Tymon; Matt Grimes (captain), Jay Fulton, Myles Peart-Harris; Ronald, Azeem Abdulai, Zan Vipotnik.

Substitutes: Jon McLaughlin, Josh Key, Joe Allen, Goncalo Franco, Florian Bianchini, Liam Cullen, Nathan Tjoe-A-On, Ollie Cooper, Nelson Abbey.

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Match day thread MON on 18:51 - Oct 22 with 832 viewslifelong

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Match day thread MON on 18:45 - Oct 22 by onehunglow

I'm

Some on here never go to games anyway, no names mentioned.
Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Match day thread GAME DAY on 18:52 - Oct 22 with 832 viewsunion_jack

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Match day thread GAME DAY on 18:49 - Oct 22 by KeithHaynes

Swansea City: Lawrence Vigouroux; Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango, Harry Darling, Josh Tymon; Matt Grimes (captain), Jay Fulton, Myles Peart-Harris; Ronald, Azeem Abdulai, Zan Vipotnik.

Substitutes: Jon McLaughlin, Josh Key, Joe Allen, Goncalo Franco, Florian Bianchini, Liam Cullen, Nathan Tjoe-A-On, Ollie Cooper, Nelson Abbey.

That’s a 3 games in a week selection.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024