Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What we know so far.... 15:37 - Sep 28 with 9409 viewsandrew1302

Unfortunately it seems to me that we have once again signed a bunch of very second rate players who are simply not good enough for this league. Marti has his style, fair enough, but unfortunately the players signed have such poor ball control and are physically not up to task so we have a struggle ahead. Saito , he will be good for 10 minutes and then a championship defender will get amongst him and he is simply given a physical lesson. If he had good close ball control he might be okay but he hasnt. Virane described himself as a box to box midfielder. He is physically weak, has poor ball control and mainly passes backwards and is slow. Just not good enough for this league. Anderson will make 2 good passes and 6 bad ones. Physically too weak for this league and too slow. Frey is okay . Celar , really disappointing. Too slow, too weak, poor ball control. Just not good enough. Santos could be okay. Kid from Newcastle who knows . Today compare Cantwell with our midfield. He was fast, good ball control and physically strong. Madsen too slow, too weak, poor ball control. Dembele will have to learn he has to find space not expect the ball to arrive in space. Overall i think the defence is okay, up front we arent great but we can survive and then the midfield which is lightweight, cant pass, is slow, cant control a football and frankly is pretty shocking and cannot dominate. Whoever signed these players has for yet another season done a very poor job. They just arent up to it for the main part especially across midfield. It is going to be a struggle and whilst i might get shouted down at least Colback will match up physically to the opposition. Most of ours seem scared of a physical confrontation, back off and then when they get the ball either pass sideways, make a bad pass, get hounded down and definitely dont go box to box. Wrong players for this division i fear.
What we know so far.... on 15:39 - Sep 28 with 6285 viewsdaveB

as ever at QPR, we go from best transfer window in years to this lot are all crap within 3 weeks
What we know so far.... on 15:52 - Sep 28 with 6084 viewsandrew1302

I think in the window we looked like we were signing the players for the positions we wanted ie box to box midfielder. Problem is, as yet ,the reality is they aren't what was suggested and all seem a bit shocked about the speed and physicality of this league. Generally they are too weak, too slow and maybe as a result look like they cant control a football. Oppositions seem to have worked out hound this side and they will crumble in midfield. I cant think of a game so far where one can say the midfield has run/influenced the outcome.
What we know so far.... on 15:58 - Sep 28 with 6005 viewsPaddyhoops

7 games gone . 7 points . Lots of players in from all corners of the globe . I’ll reserve judgement on them after half the season is gone .
It’s a tough division and will take time for some to bed in . Some will work some won’t . Let’s give the a decent crack of the whip .
What we know so far.... on 15:58 - Sep 28 with 6009 viewsOldPedro

we've played 7 league games.........

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

What we know so far.... on 16:01 - Sep 28 with 5960 viewsDamo1962

Totally agree with every word unfortunately. To bring so many lack lustre players into the squad, has made even the few good ones we already had worse. I'll be amazed if more than one or two of them actually work. This is on MC and whoever recruited these wasters. Do we ever learn as a club? We'll be bottom three soon if performances don't improve drastically.
What we know so far.... on 16:03 - Sep 28 with 5939 viewsDamo1962

What we know so far.... on 15:39 - Sep 28 by daveB

as ever at QPR, we go from best transfer window in years to this lot are all crap within 3 weeks

Who said it was the best transfer window in years? I've never heard of any of these players before. Hope you are right and they make me eat my words...but I won't hold my breath.
What we know so far.... on 16:04 - Sep 28 with 5941 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Jesus, it's already started. MC asked for time for the new signings to get up to speed.
We lost today due to a sending off, until that point it was pretty equal.

I really don't get 'fans' who make sweeping statements about individual players - Saiko physically poor, Celar disappointing, virane has no redeeming features blah blah blah.
What we know so far.... on 16:06 - Sep 28 with 5908 viewsrbee

What we know so far.... on 16:03 - Sep 28 by Damo1962

Who said it was the best transfer window in years? I've never heard of any of these players before. Hope you are right and they make me eat my words...but I won't hold my breath.

I have never thought best transfer window but have certainly thought the most exciting no doubt because the players are all unknown.
Login to get fewer ads

What we know so far.... on 16:10 - Sep 28 with 5868 viewsconnell10

Are you and OP related , you post your messages almost identically......

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

What we know so far.... on 16:13 - Sep 28 with 5809 viewsDamo1962

What we know so far.... on 16:10 - Sep 28 by connell10

Are you and OP related , you post your messages almost identically......

And your point is? 🙄
What we know so far.... on 16:57 - Sep 28 with 5518 viewsToast_R

A work in progress but goodness me, since the international break, the team looks lethargic and way too passive. The midfield has been all at sea. Worryingly we've been bossed by Sheff Weds, Millwall, and Blackburn and finally today, got the beating thats been coming.
What we know so far.... on 17:27 - Sep 28 with 5224 viewsandrew1302

Wilkinswatercarrier what do you make of these players? I am not saying they are all going to be useless but i am saying they all seem physically poor for this league and it does not bode well. Our midfield seems to be the major problem. No box to box player who can drive the players forward. Madson and Virane have not been great so far .
What we know so far.... on 17:33 - Sep 28 with 5126 viewskernowhoop

Just so.
What we know so far.... on 19:24 - Sep 28 with 4426 viewsdaveB

plenty of people raving about it on here and on social media

I've no idea if they are going to be any good and have concerns about some of them but it's very early in the season and I've not seen enough of them all yet to know one way or the other
What we know so far.... on 19:30 - Sep 28 with 4381 viewsBurnleyhoop

Both of his assertions may still be true.
What we know so far.... on 19:30 - Sep 28 with 4373 viewsE15Hoop

What we know so far.... on 16:01 - Sep 28 by Damo1962

Totally agree with every word unfortunately. To bring so many lack lustre players into the squad, has made even the few good ones we already had worse. I'll be amazed if more than one or two of them actually work. This is on MC and whoever recruited these wasters. Do we ever learn as a club? We'll be bottom three soon if performances don't improve drastically.

..And if we win at home to Hull on Tuesday, we're mid-table again, and all this over-reaction will seem a tad overdramatic (which, of course, it probably is...)
What we know so far.... on 19:31 - Sep 28 with 4365 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

What we know so far.... on 17:27 - Sep 28 by andrew1302

Wilkinswatercarrier what do you make of these players? I am not saying they are all going to be useless but i am saying they all seem physically poor for this league and it does not bode well. Our midfield seems to be the major problem. No box to box player who can drive the players forward. Madson and Virane have not been great so far .

OK, here is my take.

These players that some have already written off are very young and the majority from foreign leagues. They will need time to adjust to the physicality and speed of the Championship, something MC has asked for.

The midfield has been a problem for years. Christ, im even starting to miss Geoff Cameron!
You're right, Madsen and Varane have not been great, but then have Field or Colback? The big difference though is that Varane and Madsen have technical ability, so they will get up to speed. Field is never going to be a great passer, he is what he is now.
A good example is Willock. When he first signed he was very slight, getting knocked off the ball, but you could see he was technically good. Come the following season he was was much bigger and able to use that ability and match players physically.
Some on here are writing players off, when , I'm afraid, patience is going to be needed.

Every player signed in the summer has been an upgrade, and they will come good.
What we know so far.... on 19:38 - Sep 28 with 4243 viewsHastings_Hoops

What we know so far…? only that it’s ridiculous to jump to rash conclusions about a season and new players so early.

End.
What we know so far.... on 19:40 - Sep 28 with 4230 viewsQPunkR

What we know so far.... on 19:31 - Sep 28 by Wilkinswatercarrier

OK, here is my take.

These players that some have already written off are very young and the majority from foreign leagues. They will need time to adjust to the physicality and speed of the Championship, something MC has asked for.

The midfield has been a problem for years. Christ, im even starting to miss Geoff Cameron!
You're right, Madsen and Varane have not been great, but then have Field or Colback? The big difference though is that Varane and Madsen have technical ability, so they will get up to speed. Field is never going to be a great passer, he is what he is now.
A good example is Willock. When he first signed he was very slight, getting knocked off the ball, but you could see he was technically good. Come the following season he was was much bigger and able to use that ability and match players physically.
Some on here are writing players off, when , I'm afraid, patience is going to be needed.

On paper - they were an upgrade on paper.

I'm not disagreeing, just saying that they were an upgrade according to some. Which means it's an opinion rather than a fact, which can therefore be either right or wrong. And if course we're seeing exactly that

QPR - "shit but local"

What we know so far.... on 19:42 - Sep 28 with 4213 viewsconnell10

What we know so far.... on 16:13 - Sep 28 by Damo1962

And your point is? 🙄

I dunno kinda strange 🤔

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

What we know so far.... on 19:47 - Sep 28 with 4175 viewscpgerber

Nardi has been excellent. He also plays the position that is argubly the easiest to settle into, so I am hopeful the others will come good.

Keep in mind we missed Chair, JCS and Colback who all imho add some steel and flair we now lack a bit.
What we know so far.... on 20:01 - Sep 28 with 3991 viewssprocket

Nardi, Saito, Dembele, Morrison have been decent. Varane Madsen, Celar, Santos average. I think everyone knew it would take time, only 39 games to go so plenty of time for it to go either way. We could have won/drew today without the red card. My main worry from today was we didn't really compete with 10 men.
What we know so far.... on 20:13 - Sep 28 with 3863 viewsFDC

What we know so far.... on 20:01 - Sep 28 by sprocket

Nardi, Saito, Dembele, Morrison have been decent. Varane Madsen, Celar, Santos average. I think everyone knew it would take time, only 39 games to go so plenty of time for it to go either way. We could have won/drew today without the red card. My main worry from today was we didn't really compete with 10 men.

Morrison's stock seems to be rising at the moment by virtue of not playing
What we know so far.... on 20:16 - Sep 28 with 3829 viewsMr_Beef

What we know so far.... on 19:31 - Sep 28 by Wilkinswatercarrier

OK, here is my take.

Agree with most of that, but it's far too early to say that most of these previously unknown players are upgrade.

We do love to live in extremes.
What we know so far.... on 20:18 - Sep 28 with 3818 viewsPdog

Also what we know so far..

After recent seasons the general hope/expectation was for a cozy mid-table finish. On average that produces x18 defeats a season (16 to go, buckle up). Not every defeat will see us toe-to-toe with the opposition in a neck & neck encounter, sometimes we wont show up. Today two average teams were cancelling each other out until the scales were tipped. Half our spine and key leaders were missing in JCS, Colback & Chair.

The season is also only 15% complete, 39 games to go. This is a new group of players so i would expect inconsistency and a settling in period, sprinkled with a bit of shit here and there. Granted some have shown more promise than others, and some just won't work out.

I get that summer optimism has somewhat sobered, but it was always going to be bumpy ride with so many recent changes, on and off the field.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024