Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What we know so far.... 15:37 - Sep 28 with 9431 viewsandrew1302

Unfortunately it seems to me that we have once again signed a bunch of very second rate players who are simply not good enough for this league. Marti has his style, fair enough, but unfortunately the players signed have such poor ball control and are physically not up to task so we have a struggle ahead. Saito , he will be good for 10 minutes and then a championship defender will get amongst him and he is simply given a physical lesson. If he had good close ball control he might be okay but he hasnt. Virane described himself as a box to box midfielder. He is physically weak, has poor ball control and mainly passes backwards and is slow. Just not good enough for this league. Anderson will make 2 good passes and 6 bad ones. Physically too weak for this league and too slow. Frey is okay . Celar , really disappointing. Too slow, too weak, poor ball control. Just not good enough. Santos could be okay. Kid from Newcastle who knows . Today compare Cantwell with our midfield. He was fast, good ball control and physically strong. Madsen too slow, too weak, poor ball control. Dembele will have to learn he has to find space not expect the ball to arrive in space. Overall i think the defence is okay, up front we arent great but we can survive and then the midfield which is lightweight, cant pass, is slow, cant control a football and frankly is pretty shocking and cannot dominate. Whoever signed these players has for yet another season done a very poor job. They just arent up to it for the main part especially across midfield. It is going to be a struggle and whilst i might get shouted down at least Colback will match up physically to the opposition. Most of ours seem scared of a physical confrontation, back off and then when they get the ball either pass sideways, make a bad pass, get hounded down and definitely dont go box to box. Wrong players for this division i fear.
What we know so far.... on 17:15 - Sep 29 with 516 viewsAntti_Heinola

What we know so far.... on 21:46 - Sep 28 by Ned_Kennedys

I’m sorry but I think it’s reasonable for the fanbase to have higher expectations than 17th after the form at the end of last season. Disingenuous to say otherwise.

Not really.
Last 6 games of the season:

Lost at home very poorly to Sheff Wed
Drew a game we should have won at Plymouth
Got absolutely spanked by Hull
A fortunate but determined win v a poor Preston side
Superb v Leeds
Won a dead rubber v Cov.

I'd say, other than Leeds (and you could argue Luton away was in that realm), our form is pretty similar.

But I do absolutely agree we should have higher expectations and form since the international break has been really disappointing.

However, I do think Marti will get us going, and I think we'll win on Tuesday.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024