Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What we know so far.... 15:37 - Sep 28 with 9429 viewsandrew1302

Unfortunately it seems to me that we have once again signed a bunch of very second rate players who are simply not good enough for this league. Marti has his style, fair enough, but unfortunately the players signed have such poor ball control and are physically not up to task so we have a struggle ahead. Saito , he will be good for 10 minutes and then a championship defender will get amongst him and he is simply given a physical lesson. If he had good close ball control he might be okay but he hasnt. Virane described himself as a box to box midfielder. He is physically weak, has poor ball control and mainly passes backwards and is slow. Just not good enough for this league. Anderson will make 2 good passes and 6 bad ones. Physically too weak for this league and too slow. Frey is okay . Celar , really disappointing. Too slow, too weak, poor ball control. Just not good enough. Santos could be okay. Kid from Newcastle who knows . Today compare Cantwell with our midfield. He was fast, good ball control and physically strong. Madsen too slow, too weak, poor ball control. Dembele will have to learn he has to find space not expect the ball to arrive in space. Overall i think the defence is okay, up front we arent great but we can survive and then the midfield which is lightweight, cant pass, is slow, cant control a football and frankly is pretty shocking and cannot dominate. Whoever signed these players has for yet another season done a very poor job. They just arent up to it for the main part especially across midfield. It is going to be a struggle and whilst i might get shouted down at least Colback will match up physically to the opposition. Most of ours seem scared of a physical confrontation, back off and then when they get the ball either pass sideways, make a bad pass, get hounded down and definitely dont go box to box. Wrong players for this division i fear.
What we know so far.... on 20:29 - Sep 28 with 2598 viewsQPunkR

Obviously the new players need time to acclimatise to the new league/country, but at the same time they're going to be playing the same system. Hopefully to Christ we get back to being more entertaining because apart from being crap this season we've been unerringly dull

QPR - "shit but local"

What we know so far.... on 20:38 - Sep 28 with 2558 viewsrobith

Every time QPR lose a game this season, a celestial doctor strikes our collective knees with a small hammer
What we know so far.... on 20:44 - Sep 28 with 2523 viewsbaz_qpr

Its 7 league games, a lot of new players who have never played in the league we've played 3 of the top 6 and a relegated team (our only win) and lost twice to the teams currently top and 3rd. We've played 3 12:30's one Friday 7:30

Let's try and keep a bit of perspective, no we've not dominated a team, we are a bit leaky at the back at the moment. But it's not surprising we have not hit a rhythm, We've had some injury issues too. Its going to take time for the signings to adjust, People thought Frey was a terrible signing in January and its taken 6 months to show he's not.

Celar is the oldest outfield player we have signed this summer at 25, Madsen is 24, Varane 23, Santos 23, Saito 23, Ashby 22, Dembele 21 Morrison 21, Bennie 18

It's not about the first few weeks of the season. Turning on the players or the manager. There is plenty of growth in this team. Saito had a good first half today and should have another assist if Smyth could finish. Santos looks fine at this level, and I thought Varane was playing ok until the card.

Dembele has gone of the ball the last couple of games as teams have closely marked him, Chair returning will help there.

Yes Cantwell is a good player with 90 games in the championship 40+ in the premier league and Scottish league and some Europe experience as well but well used to the pace of the league. Comparing with Madsen who has 354 minutes of Championship experience is a tad unfair. Madsen himself knows he has to adapt and has not shown his best self. But they also need to learn. to play together and where each other is going to be and where they are supposed to be without having to think about it (which slows them down)

Celar is really struggling I think we can all see that, I dont think he is suited to our system but when you are paying 1-2m for striker you aint signing a cert 20 goals a year striker
What we know so far.... on 20:57 - Sep 28 with 2448 viewslassel

A team likely to finish around 17th is currently 17th. Where is the surprise.
What we know so far.... on 21:16 - Sep 28 with 2354 views1JD

What we know so far.... on 20:44 - Sep 28 by baz_qpr

Its 7 league games, a lot of new players who have never played in the league we've played 3 of the top 6 and a relegated team (our only win) and lost twice to the teams currently top and 3rd. We've played 3 12:30's one Friday 7:30

Let's try and keep a bit of perspective, no we've not dominated a team, we are a bit leaky at the back at the moment. But it's not surprising we have not hit a rhythm, We've had some injury issues too. Its going to take time for the signings to adjust, People thought Frey was a terrible signing in January and its taken 6 months to show he's not.

Celar is the oldest outfield player we have signed this summer at 25, Madsen is 24, Varane 23, Santos 23, Saito 23, Ashby 22, Dembele 21 Morrison 21, Bennie 18

It's not about the first few weeks of the season. Turning on the players or the manager. There is plenty of growth in this team. Saito had a good first half today and should have another assist if Smyth could finish. Santos looks fine at this level, and I thought Varane was playing ok until the card.

Dembele has gone of the ball the last couple of games as teams have closely marked him, Chair returning will help there.

Yes Cantwell is a good player with 90 games in the championship 40+ in the premier league and Scottish league and some Europe experience as well but well used to the pace of the league. Comparing with Madsen who has 354 minutes of Championship experience is a tad unfair. Madsen himself knows he has to adapt and has not shown his best self. But they also need to learn. to play together and where each other is going to be and where they are supposed to be without having to think about it (which slows them down)

Celar is really struggling I think we can all see that, I dont think he is suited to our system but when you are paying 1-2m for striker you aint signing a cert 20 goals a year striker

All fair points. But not sure how you can say Celar is really struggling and not note that Madsen is firmly in the same boat. So far he is doing a great impression of Andre Dozzell, couple of nice touches, missing for the rest of the game, and woeful defensively.

The way he let his man pull clear of him for the second goal by the touchline was U9s stuff. He’s got to seriously up his workrate, get stuck in, and start demanding the ball and driving us forward. As opposed to being a complete passenger and defensive liability with gaping holes right through the middle. Field must think Stefan Johansen is back.

He’s also had a lot more game time than Celar and, for me, the most disappointing signing of the lot, especially considering the price. Not sure how he comes good, because he doesn’t have a position in CM, not a 6, 8 or 10 - again, very Dozzell like.
What we know so far.... on 21:32 - Sep 28 with 2264 viewsbaz_qpr

What we know so far.... on 21:16 - Sep 28 by 1JD

All fair points. But not sure how you can say Celar is really struggling and not note that Madsen is firmly in the same boat. So far he is doing a great impression of Andre Dozzell, couple of nice touches, missing for the rest of the game, and woeful defensively.

The way he let his man pull clear of him for the second goal by the touchline was U9s stuff. He’s got to seriously up his workrate, get stuck in, and start demanding the ball and driving us forward. As opposed to being a complete passenger and defensive liability with gaping holes right through the middle. Field must think Stefan Johansen is back.

He’s also had a lot more game time than Celar and, for me, the most disappointing signing of the lot, especially considering the price. Not sure how he comes good, because he doesn’t have a position in CM, not a 6, 8 or 10 - again, very Dozzell like.

Because I dont agree with that Madsen has had more goal contribution in terms of goal / assist / pass leading to assist than Dozzell in a whole season, where he is struggling is with the physicality / pace but he's had five appearances, and been here less than a month. It's going to take time Really reminds me of Richard Langley at the moment and some people are never going to like that type of player. What I have seen from him, is crisp passes , a few defence splitters and a couple of crosses and in my view he is most definitely a playmaker 8 (not a box to box 8) and a massive upgrade on Dozzell needs to be given time to adjust and needs to work on finding the space. 2nd goal was 100% on Nardi for me keepers ball every time.
What we know so far.... on 21:32 - Sep 28 with 2264 viewsTHEBUSH

For me, it's too early to say, if we have signed some duff players.
We have a decent defense and, goalkeeper and a centre forward.
When Chair is fit, he will definitely make a difference.
The glass is half full, not half empty.
What we know so far.... on 21:34 - Sep 28 with 2259 views1JD

What we know so far.... on 21:32 - Sep 28 by baz_qpr

Because I dont agree with that Madsen has had more goal contribution in terms of goal / assist / pass leading to assist than Dozzell in a whole season, where he is struggling is with the physicality / pace but he's had five appearances, and been here less than a month. It's going to take time Really reminds me of Richard Langley at the moment and some people are never going to like that type of player. What I have seen from him, is crisp passes , a few defence splitters and a couple of crosses and in my view he is most definitely a playmaker 8 (not a box to box 8) and a massive upgrade on Dozzell needs to be given time to adjust and needs to work on finding the space. 2nd goal was 100% on Nardi for me keepers ball every time.

We’ll have to disagree. And Richard Langley was my favourite player, I know a CM when I see one, and Madsen is so far off it, it’s not true.
Login to get fewer ads

What we know so far.... on 21:41 - Sep 28 with 2214 viewsRangersw12

As stated many times we shouldn't be writing these players off after only 7 games and certainly when the majority if not all have come from foreign leagues

I see there is now a clamour for us to sign Hayden which again would be a short term signing . We need to stop wetting the bed as a fanbase , ride out these periods and stop wanting new shiny things and stick with what we have .
What we know so far.... on 21:46 - Sep 28 with 2200 viewsNed_Kennedys

What we know so far.... on 20:57 - Sep 28 by lassel

A team likely to finish around 17th is currently 17th. Where is the surprise.

I’m sorry but I think it’s reasonable for the fanbase to have higher expectations than 17th after the form at the end of last season. Disingenuous to say otherwise.
What we know so far.... on 00:26 - Sep 29 with 1886 viewsFredManRave

What we know so far.... on 21:46 - Sep 28 by Ned_Kennedys

I’m sorry but I think it’s reasonable for the fanbase to have higher expectations than 17th after the form at the end of last season. Disingenuous to say otherwise.

I know we're only 7 league games in so it is a difficult question but where do you think we'll finish this season?!

I'd suggest you're one of the more positive posters on here and I'd include myself in that bracket and fwiw, I'd guess, at this early stage, between 10th - 14th.

Season effectively over by March, when it's apparent that we will neither be relegated, or in the play-offs. And, if that comes to pass, it would have to be considered progress?!
[Post edited 29 Sep 0:27]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

What we know so far.... on 00:38 - Sep 29 with 1837 viewsqprxtc

What we know so far?

Can’t answer for ‘we” but I know “I”.

I know that this is another season where QPR won’t be champions

I know it’s another season where they won’t win all the games I wish they would

I know it’s another season where QPR will annoy me.

And will make me stupidly happy (hmmm could be a song).

But not for long.

It will be another season where I contemplate , what’s the f ucking point in this lot.

It will be another season where the same shit happened to the same team for the 138th year in a row.

It will be a another season before we do the same shit again next season.

Barking in the wind just makes it howl.
What we know so far.... on 01:06 - Sep 29 with 1769 viewsHoopsie

What we know so far?

What we know, you and I, is nothing new

So what’s the fuss?

It will play out as it would as we all know thus far

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

What we know so far.... on 01:13 - Sep 29 with 1758 viewsqprxtc

What we know so far.... on 01:06 - Sep 29 by Hoopsie

What we know so far?

What we know, you and I, is nothing new

So what’s the fuss?

It will play out as it would as we all know thus far

Suck sinct baby
What we know so far.... on 07:40 - Sep 29 with 1574 viewsjoe90

What we know so far.... on 21:32 - Sep 28 by baz_qpr

If you elect to play with a Dozzell style player - even if he’s a marginal upgrade - you’re basically starting with 10 men.

I understand the ‘potential’ such a player has, but at this level you’re not going to see those benefits. Madsen like Dozzell will be crap and missing in games more often than we can afford.

If man of his size can’t handle the physicality of the game or just doesn’t have that competitive instinct to get stuck in, then he’s a passenger we can’t afford to carry.

I accept that because it’s our level. What I don’t accept is the mental arithmetic people do when assessing certain players.
[Post edited 29 Sep 7:41]
What we know so far.... on 08:09 - Sep 29 with 1497 viewsGaryBannister86

It's so early and as others have said, including Marti, these guys need time.

For me:

Nardi
PROS / POTENTIAL
his shot stopping has become really good. Wonderful multiple save yesterday.
excellent with his feet
seems confident

WORRIES / THINGS TO IMPROVE
couple of times now he has pushed balls into a danger area
not really seen him dominate / come for and catch a cross yet

RATING SO FAR:
7/10
He's 30 so may not iron out the faults but I suspect Joe Walsh is an absolute gem so not really worried.

SAITO
PROS / POTENTIAL
flashes of being a brilliant, exciting terrier winger

these flashes are rare.
undeniably has a physical disadvantage. Will surely learn and get stronger though.

RATING SO FAR:
5/10
The flashes of excitement prove there is something there. Pretty sure he will end up far better bet than Smyth.

DEMBELE
PROS / POTENTIAL
great skill, had some really lovely moments

appears to be easy enough to lock out of games like yesterday's first half

RATING SO FAR:
7/10

Going to get better and better

MADSEN
PROS / POTENTIAL
has a nice touch
scored a goal

seems a little weak and a little too like Andersen. See no reason why he won't develop into it either. Ability clearly there.

RATING SO FAR:
5/10
Tricky to say what will happen here.

CELAR
PROS / POTENTIAL
I am desperate for him to succeed, but there is little to put in here. His penalty in the shoot out? Couple of nice lay offs on the very odd occasion he has had the ball.

Needs to get involved, if nothing else. Get the crowd going, shut someone down, anything really.

RATING SO FAR:
3/10

So disappointing, I still hope he can do the LFW glossary "one off his arse and away we go". Frey's turnaround should be his inspiration.

VARANE

PROS / POTENTIAL
He has had some pretty good moments. I thought he was doing fine yesterday until the brain exploded.

Has had some really poor moments, too keen to pass back when receiving it, too many lapses in concentration.

RATING SO FAR:
5/10

I have no real idea why but I think he will come good.

SANTOS
Not seen enough of him really. Should have been sent off yesterday. Like others, good moments and bad ones....
5/10

The point is, apart from poor old Celar, all the signings have had their good moments. Having moments at an early stage surely means there is hope?

As for those having a go at MC - words fail me. He's an excellent manager and one who has shown he can learn and improve too. Get behind him.
What we know so far.... on 08:29 - Sep 29 with 1415 viewsWestonsuperR

Ridiculous that people were ‘judging the window’ I even saw some marks out of 10, surely this is impossible until at least 12-15 matches and really the end the season when you reflect back.
What we know so far.... on 09:05 - Sep 29 with 1307 viewsgazza1

Most of the 'new boys' are not playing as well as I thought they would. I am not going into detail, it would take far too long, but they all need to 'step up' their game. Whether they can is another thing.

Yesterday (& Millwall) showed how important, and I know it will go against the grain with many posters, Jack Colback is to the midfield & team. He is very important indeed, going forward & defending. Posters should actually watch Ginger, he is very busy in midfield and does a hell of a lot of work off the ball as well as when he has the ball & not just his negatives. Can you imagine if he get sent off like Varane did yesterday - it would be meltdown here!! I hope he will be fit for the Hull game and we will have a much bigger chance of winning the game.

Chair not playing also effects our performances massively despite many posters moaning about him. He is another one of our much better players.

Then JCS, a 'proper' left footed LB.....another big miss.

So in summary, and as I posted on the match thread prior to the game - loosing 3 of our 'much' better players will be a 'big ask' for the Team. Saying that, until the second half yesterday I thought we were relatively comfortable.....the sending off was the 'game changer'.

Posters should not be too disappointed, we played a team whom are near the top of the league and matched them quite easily in the first half.
What we know so far.... on 09:13 - Sep 29 with 1259 viewsPaddyhoops

What we know so far.... on 20:38 - Sep 28 by robith

Every time QPR lose a game this season, a celestial doctor strikes our collective knees with a small hammer

We’ve lost two games against two of the best in the championship.
From the few highlights I’ve seen it looks like we competed reasonably well until the sending off .
Colback has, from when he’s played a good win record . Chair by his absence makes us a weaker team and Jake is always a big miss.
We will, I’m sure get better hopefully starting on Tuesday.
What we know so far.... on 09:16 - Sep 29 with 1248 viewsGosportHoops

Way to early to write people off in my opinion, maybe after another 7 and the November International break they'll be a broader view of where we are what we're capable of! There'll be more knicker wetting and playoff shouts before now and May
What we know so far.... on 10:36 - Sep 29 with 1012 viewsWegerles_Stairs

The worrying thing is how we have barely played well in seven league matches. Leeds at home seems an awful long time ago...
What we know so far.... on 14:12 - Sep 29 with 816 viewsLadbrokeR

Well I’m glad that’s all sorted. This football management lark within the constraints of financial prudence is a walk in the park
What we know so far.... on 14:51 - Sep 29 with 716 viewselnombre

What we know so far.... on 20:13 - Sep 28 by FDC

Morrison's stock seems to be rising at the moment by virtue of not playing

I believe we know this as the 'Rowan Vine Effect'...
[Post edited 29 Sep 16:26]
What we know so far.... on 16:07 - Sep 29 with 558 viewslassel

What we know so far.... on 21:46 - Sep 28 by Ned_Kennedys

Everyone had a right to expect whatever they wish - in the preseason ‘where will we finish’ threads however amongst those saying playoffs minimum were plenty of us saying lower mid table.

Which group you think were realistic is entirely personal preference.
What we know so far.... on 16:59 - Sep 29 with 440 viewsstevec

What I know so far is we keep on buying midfielders with no real idea where to play them.

Ashby is a RB, we can all see he’s a RB, I’m good with that. Morrison is a CB, we can all see that too, all good so far.

Then we come to the midfield. Varane, Saito, Dembele, Madsen, Andersen, even possibly Santos. For the life of me, i haven’t a clue where best to play them but far more worrying than that is the management don’t know where they fit in either. My point is, the club are clueless on the set up of the 5 midfielders, so how are they ever going to get the best out of them when you’re not even sure where to position them or even how to set up a functioning midfield.

I’ve been banging on about 4-4-2, not so much out of desire, more out of desperation.

We have got round pegs for round holes in such a formation, even 4-5-1. We’ve got to find an 11 player fit first, then worry about how we can install those who’d fit a more liberated set up.

This 3 behind the CF has been a holy grail that we spent season after season trying to achieve without ever cracking it. At some point we have to be realistic.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024