Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread 10:44 - Nov 6 with 13678 viewsModeratorC

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61216/1981-82-swansea-ci

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61228/swans-injury-lates

Swansea City: Carl Rushworth, Jay Fulton, Harry Darling, Matt Grimes (captain), Jerry Yates, Jamal Lowe, Jamie Paterson, Josh Tymon, Liam Cullen, Harrison Ashby, Bashir Humphreys.

Substitutes: Andy Fisher, Ben Cabango, Nathan Tjoe-A-On, Kyle Naughton, Liam Walsh, Ollie Cooper, Sam Parker, Cameron Congreve, Kyrell Wilson.

Ipswich Town: Vaclav Hladky, Harry Clarke, Leif Davis, Sam Morsy (captain), Luke Woolfenden, Conor Chaplin, Jack Taylor, Cameron Burgess, Omari Hutchinson, George Hirst, Nathan Boadhead.

Substitutes: Christian Walton, Wes Burns, Freddie Lapado, Marcus Harness, Kayden Jackson, Dane Scarlett, Massimo Luongo, Cameron Humphreys, Axel Tuanzebe.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 13:33 - Nov 6 with 7628 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61216/1981-82-swansea-ci

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 07:09 - Nov 7 with 7439 viewsSwans9

How many so you think we will take? I think 300 will be a good effort. Set off Friday 945 am I not hardcore enough to do bus all the way. Train from London Liverpool st there and back will make the journey a little bit shorter. Last away for me till Coventry at the end of December . Any type of draw will do let's hope we get a goal or two I take 1 1.
Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 10:14 - Nov 7 with 7388 viewsvetchonian

Given our injury list and Patino's suspension this is going to be an ever tougher game.
What are folks thoughts on how we set up.
I know we have looked better with a flat back four but maybe for this game 3-4-2-1 Darlin,Cabango and Humphrys then Tymon/Pedersen, Grimes,Fulton,Ashby with Lowe and Paterson on front of Fulton and Grimes and Yates/Cullen up top.
This could allow us to switch to 5-3-2 or 5-4-1 durring the game.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 10:35 - Nov 7 with 7368 viewsWhiterockin

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 10:14 - Nov 7 by vetchonian

Given our injury list and Patino's suspension this is going to be an ever tougher game.
I know we have looked better with a flat back four but maybe for this game 3-4-2-1 Darlin,Cabango and Humphrys then Tymon/Pedersen, Grimes,Fulton,Ashby with Lowe and Paterson on front of Fulton and Grimes and Yates/Cullen up top.

I normally don't want to see Grimes and Fulton together, but for me this is the exception. Same team as Saturday just add Fulton to replace Patino and try to grind out a result.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 10:39 - Nov 7 with 7373 viewsKeithHaynes

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 07:09 - Nov 7 by Swans9

How many so you think we will take? I think 300 will be a good effort. Set off Friday 945 am I not hardcore enough to do bus all the way. Train from London Liverpool st there and back will make the journey a little bit shorter. Last away for me till Coventry at the end of December . Any type of draw will do let's hope we get a goal or two I take 1 1.

To not lose away anywhere has to be a good result.
They are looking at this game as a win, no problem.

We have a sister site on Ipswich run by the network owner.

There’s a thread on there regards Breton Diaz, the replies are lunacy. Premier league in waiting etc. When I read stuff like that it makes me ( and possibly any football fan ) want them to mess it up.

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:16 - Nov 7 with 7225 viewsDr_Winston

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 10:35 - Nov 7 by Whiterockin

I normally don't want to see Grimes and Fulton together, but for me this is the exception. Same team as Saturday just add Fulton to replace Patino and try to grind out a result.

Not a fan of Grimes and Fulton together either, but Grimes did look to push forward a bit more against Sunderland than he has previously.

Think we're going to just have to try and play our normal game here. The last think we need to do is try and sit back and defend for 90 minutes.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:26 - Nov 7 with 7225 viewsKeithHaynes

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:16 - Nov 7 by Dr_Winston

Not a fan of Grimes and Fulton together either, but Grimes did look to push forward a bit more against Sunderland than he has previously.

Think we're going to just have to try and play our normal game here. The last think we need to do is try and sit back and defend for 90 minutes.

That would be a disaster as much as going 2-0 up against this lot.

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:48 - Nov 7 with 7202 viewsshingle

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 10:39 - Nov 7 by KeithHaynes

To not lose away anywhere has to be a good result.
They are looking at this game as a win, no problem.

We have a sister site on Ipswich run by the network owner.

There’s a thread on there regards Breton Diaz, the replies are lunacy. Premier league in waiting etc. When I read stuff like that it makes me ( and possibly any football fan ) want them to mess it up.

Leicester, Watford, Bristol, Bournemouth, have already had very good results when playing away to us then and Sunderland Coventry and Birmingham just as you say good results. seems as we are the team to play away to for an excellent chance of very good or good results.
Login to get fewer ads

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 18:09 - Nov 7 with 7179 viewshowenjack

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 07:09 - Nov 7 by Swans9

Get your tractors running head on to the highway , heading to east Anglia and whatever comes our way !!
Leaving Wednesday night at seven .... arriving next Saturday at 11 !!
Cos I was born , born to be wild like a true Nature's child !!
Born to be wild !! Born to be Wild!!
Keep your turnips churning Get those tractors turning
Keep your crops a spraying Cos the mighty Swans are playing
Like a true nature's child
We were born , Born to be wild !!
Born to be wild !! Born to be wild !!

Yeah,the Swans are gonna make it happen
Take East Anglia in a love embrace
Yes ...this ain't no old farm derby
And explode into space
Cos we were born born to be wild , like a true nature's child
Born to be wild !! Born to be wild !!
Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 09:34 - Nov 8 with 6946 viewsRichardO

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:16 - Nov 7 by Dr_Winston

Only judging on the first 30 minutes against Sunderland, Grimes does indeed look to be further up the park these days but as we persisted with trying to play out from the goal kicks and with Sunderlands high press he felt obliged to comeback to give passing opinions to the back four allowing Sunderland further up the park with gaps opening up between the midfielders left in the middle, defenders plus Grimes and the forwards.
In the games in which we have been successful we have seen the likes of Patino, Paterson and Grimes swarm like bees in the midfield at times looking as they on top of each other but being good enough with options being provided by the likes Key and Pederson at the back who seem to know when to join the play to push further forward, very similar to Rangel but obviously lacking as much experience, with Cullen and Lowe often in the mix as well.
Against Sunderland we didn't alternate our goal kick tactics and Grimes did dropped too deep too often, maybe that might of changed after 30 mins but who know it was too late by then.

Last season when we did change tactics from the goal kicks it allowed us to negate the high press in several games like against PNE, Allen and Cullen had loads of room in the middle, even in other games the tactic of having Manning up front worked, similar to other games at home we have seen this season making us unpredictable.

The last three home games the tactics have been wrong Leicester to deep, Watford too defensive but then too attacking leaving us exposed, Sunderland we played right into Mowbray's hands trying to play out from the back being pushed back instead of winning the midfield battle, you could say in all three we were not compacted enough leaving the players isolated ,we didn't get control of the ball further up the park.

Both Ashby and Tymon played admirally on Saturday given the circumstances but would like to see Key and Pederson back in the team as soon as possible.
It does look as if Fulton and Grimes will be the starting two midfielders but hope they stay up the park doing their main job while letting the defenders do theirs, coming back as required to cover but not to play balls that the defenders should be capable of doing.
Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 18:44 - Nov 8 with 6746 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Virtually a sell out to home fans only the odd single tickets left.
Swansea Fans can drink at the station Hotel.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 00:56 - Nov 9 with 6607 viewsSwans9

Any rough idea how many we have sold for this one?
Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 07:52 - Nov 9 with 6558 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61228/swans-injury-lates

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 11:16 - Nov 9 with 6485 viewsAzzuriswan

Over 500 tickets sold for the away fans apparently....pretty easy trip for the London contingent.
Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 18:01 - Nov 10 with 5966 viewsWhiterockin

We are due a lucky win. 0-1.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 10:34 - Nov 11 with 5680 viewsModeratorC

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61237/ipswich-favourites
Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 11:46 - Nov 11 with 5609 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 11:16 - Nov 9 by Azzuriswan

Over 500 tickets sold for the away fans apparently....pretty easy trip for the London contingent.

Unfortunately due to engineering works no trains from London to Ipswich today.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 14:05 - Nov 11 with 5501 viewsModeratorC

Swansea City: Carl Rushworth, Jay Fulton, Harry Darling, Matt Grimes (captain), Jerry Yates, Jamal Lowe, Jamie Paterson, Josh Tymon, Liam Cullen, Harrison Ashby, Bashir Humphreys.

Substitutes: Andy Fisher, Ben Cabango, Nathan Tjoe-A-On, Kyle Naughton, Liam Walsh, Ollie Cooper, Sam Parker, Cameron Congreve, Kyrell Wilson.

Ipswich Town: Vaclav Hladky, Harry Clarke, Leif Davis, Sam Morsy (captain), Luke Woolfenden, Conor Chaplin, Jack Taylor, Cameron Burgess, Omari Hutchinson, George Hirst, Nathan Boadhead.

Substitutes: Christian Walton, Wes Burns, Freddie Lapado, Marcus Harness, Kayden Jackson, Dane Scarlett, Massimo Luongo, Cameron Humphreys, Axel Tuanzebe.
Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 14:13 - Nov 11 with 5469 viewsFlashberryjack

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 14:05 - Nov 11 by ModeratorC

Sam Parker and Kyrell Wilson on the bench ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 14:16 - Nov 11 with 5465 viewsFireboy2

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 14:13 - Nov 11 by Flashberryjack

Sam Parker and Kyrell Wilson on the bench ?

We are on our @rse.
Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 14:26 - Nov 11 with 5409 viewsunion_jack

I don’t know much about this Ipswich side but clearly they have something about them. I just hope we don’t give them the freedom of Suffolk on the flanks like we seem to do these days. Close them down, get in their faces.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 14:34 - Nov 11 with 5370 viewsjackrmee

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 10:14 - Nov 7 by vetchonian

I reckon he will want to build on our defensive performances with 4 at the back.
I wanted to see Walsh get a chance.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 15:02 - Nov 11 with 5271 viewsonehunglow

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 14:34 - Nov 11 by jackrmee

I reckon he will want to build on our defensive performances with 4 at the back.
I wanted to see Walsh get a chance.

Me too.
We agree .
We ll have to do this again

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 15:03 - Nov 11 with 5272 viewsnyc_swans

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 14:16 - Nov 11 by Fireboy2

We are on our @rse.

these youngsters never get a chance. why not?
Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 15:13 - Nov 11 with 5234 viewslifelong

Great start.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024