Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread 10:44 - Nov 6 with 13790 viewsModeratorC

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61216/1981-82-swansea-ci

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61228/swans-injury-lates

Swansea City: Carl Rushworth, Jay Fulton, Harry Darling, Matt Grimes (captain), Jerry Yates, Jamal Lowe, Jamie Paterson, Josh Tymon, Liam Cullen, Harrison Ashby, Bashir Humphreys.

Substitutes: Andy Fisher, Ben Cabango, Nathan Tjoe-A-On, Kyle Naughton, Liam Walsh, Ollie Cooper, Sam Parker, Cameron Congreve, Kyrell Wilson.

Ipswich Town: Vaclav Hladky, Harry Clarke, Leif Davis, Sam Morsy (captain), Luke Woolfenden, Conor Chaplin, Jack Taylor, Cameron Burgess, Omari Hutchinson, George Hirst, Nathan Boadhead.

Substitutes: Christian Walton, Wes Burns, Freddie Lapado, Marcus Harness, Kayden Jackson, Dane Scarlett, Massimo Luongo, Cameron Humphreys, Axel Tuanzebe.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 19:42 - Nov 11 with 1821 viewsDr_Winston

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 19:36 - Nov 11 by sw02sea

Still sticking with your “Yates is fantastic, if only he had the service” then ?

We'll put you in the "don't want to" pile.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 20:45 - Nov 11 with 1691 viewsBryanSwan

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 18:58 - Nov 11 by jack247

‘Challenges every time, doesn’t give up, he can finish too.’

You could be describing any one of our front three there. Unfortunately, two of them are in roles that completely negate their strengths and play to their weaknesses.

Lowe is a winger playing on the wing. On the opposite side maybe, but that’s probably a good thing, as he’s got no realistic target in the box and at least he can cut in on his stronger foot. I agree though, he does make things happen and is easily our most threatening attacker.

You could argue that Yates is a striker playing up front, but it’s like asking Llorente to be a fox in the box.

Reality with Yates is he was 10th highest scorer in a relegated team last season. That’s the player we paid £2.5k for, not the 5’9 striker asked to outmuscle centre backs every week.

Can't disagree too much with that, it seems as though we just dont have the players to fit the system especially in the final third.
I still think Lowe probably does his best work off the right hand side, bit is being shifted to the left to account for there being no other winger available. Cullen doesn't fit being out wide and the job Yates is doing is proving to be fruitless. Either we need different players in or a change to suit what we have.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 07:58 - Nov 12 with 1345 viewssw02sea

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 20:45 - Nov 11 by BryanSwan

Can't disagree too much with that, it seems as though we just dont have the players to fit the system especially in the final third.
I still think Lowe probably does his best work off the right hand side, bit is being shifted to the left to account for there being no other winger available. Cullen doesn't fit being out wide and the job Yates is doing is proving to be fruitless. Either we need different players in or a change to suit what we have.

No need to loose any sleep over Yates’s less than prolific start to his Swans career, I’ve heard on the grapevine we’re signing Roy Race in the January window.
Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 09:50 - Nov 12 with 1236 viewsonehunglow

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 07:58 - Nov 12 by sw02sea

No need to loose any sleep over Yates’s less than prolific start to his Swans career, I’ve heard on the grapevine we’re signing Roy Race in the January window.

He certainly divides ,does Jerry ,doesn’t he.
It’s not agenda,hate or any other drivel ,it’s simply a case of his lack of presence .
Lowe gets the same lack of “ support” but ,my God,he’s a titan in comparison .
Lowe clearly underloved whilst others overloved ,which reminds me …

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 10:02 - Nov 12 with 1224 viewsjack247

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 09:50 - Nov 12 by onehunglow

He certainly divides ,does Jerry ,doesn’t he.
It’s not agenda,hate or any other drivel ,it’s simply a case of his lack of presence .
Lowe gets the same lack of “ support” but ,my God,he’s a titan in comparison .
Lowe clearly underloved whilst others overloved ,which reminds me …

Lowe doesn’t get the same lack of support, he plays on the wing. He’s not competing for aerial balls with centre backs.

As it happens, I think he’d do a better job in Yates’ role. He’s strong and uses his body well to hold defenders off and buy himself a bit of space/time. He’s obviously quick and has a bit of trickery in him.

We’d be playing two wingers who aren’t wingers then though.

I don’t think I’ve seen any posts criticising Lowe, maybe for his penalty last week, but certainly not his overall contribution. I’d guess it’s pretty much universally agreed he’s a big asset to us.
Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 10:06 - Nov 12 with 1217 viewsonehunglow

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 10:02 - Nov 12 by jack247

Lowe doesn’t get the same lack of support, he plays on the wing. He’s not competing for aerial balls with centre backs.

As it happens, I think he’d do a better job in Yates’ role. He’s strong and uses his body well to hold defenders off and buy himself a bit of space/time. He’s obviously quick and has a bit of trickery in him.

We’d be playing two wingers who aren’t wingers then though.

I don’t think I’ve seen any posts criticising Lowe, maybe for his penalty last week, but certainly not his overall contribution. I’d guess it’s pretty much universally agreed he’s a big asset to us.

Morning.
I wasn’t suggesting Lowe has had criticism merely that I feel he is under appreciated .
Yesterday showed a true warrior
However,I wish he’d learn to kick with his left foot a little

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 10:14 - Nov 12 with 1213 viewsjack247

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 10:06 - Nov 12 by onehunglow

Morning.
I wasn’t suggesting Lowe has had criticism merely that I feel he is under appreciated .
Yesterday showed a true warrior
However,I wish he’d learn to kick with his left foot a little

On that point, I’d probably agree.

We’re quick to criticise, but don’t often praise our players unless they are exceptional. I’m as guilty of that as anyone.

On the whole, Grimes, Darling and Paterson have really stepped it up from last season, Lowe is better than his last spell here and Rushworth is a cut above. Key has had two dodgy games IMO, Birmingham and Leicester, but has been one of our best performers nearly every other game.

For me, Duff doesn’t have us playing near our potential, but there are some good news stories along the way.
Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:32 - Nov 12 with 992 viewsFlashberryjack

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 19:03 - Nov 11 by Dr_Winston

It's not a difficult concept really is it. Yet time and time again far too many people demonstrate that they can't, or perhaps, sadly, don't want to understand it.

Very true.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 20:28 - Nov 12 with 880 viewsSwans9

Weird game to explain we started well ended well ipswich finished well in the middle. No atmosphere home end probably stress thinking about going up. They did goad us a bit fans below us but 6oo odd massive distance and the cost. Coventry next away for me stid hopefully one day we get owners love club the same as the fans do travelling hours on end game back up jacks.
Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 06:45 - Nov 14 with 612 viewsRichardO

Lots of injuries have left us thread bare, that strength in certain areas of the pitch we had at the end of the transfer window is no longer there and maybe some of our inexperienced loanees have shown why they are on loan from their parent clubs, they are going to have bad days against better players.
Having said all that perhaps better use of the players in areas we have cover for may help release players to cover the areas we do not have cover.
For example the left hand side of the pitch now has a number of fullbacks, wingbacks and centrebacks ( although perhaps someone can give an update on Pederson that I have missed) surely these left side players could be used to enable the likes of Lowe either to press up along side Yates
Or on the right wing, given the number of centrebacks uses them to allow Ashby to push forward.
Because of player availability we have changed shape a number of times this year whether it be from game to game or within games which lead us to a number of good results maybe given the players we have available now that shape needs to be changed again.
Duff has had to work hard this season to try and get things right maybe he has to look towards our own developing players because in the long term can we afford to play the number of loan players we are at the moment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024