Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread 10:44 - Nov 6 with 13791 viewsModeratorC

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61216/1981-82-swansea-ci

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61228/swans-injury-lates

Swansea City: Carl Rushworth, Jay Fulton, Harry Darling, Matt Grimes (captain), Jerry Yates, Jamal Lowe, Jamie Paterson, Josh Tymon, Liam Cullen, Harrison Ashby, Bashir Humphreys.

Substitutes: Andy Fisher, Ben Cabango, Nathan Tjoe-A-On, Kyle Naughton, Liam Walsh, Ollie Cooper, Sam Parker, Cameron Congreve, Kyrell Wilson.

Ipswich Town: Vaclav Hladky, Harry Clarke, Leif Davis, Sam Morsy (captain), Luke Woolfenden, Conor Chaplin, Jack Taylor, Cameron Burgess, Omari Hutchinson, George Hirst, Nathan Boadhead.

Substitutes: Christian Walton, Wes Burns, Freddie Lapado, Marcus Harness, Kayden Jackson, Dane Scarlett, Massimo Luongo, Cameron Humphreys, Axel Tuanzebe.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 16:59 - Nov 11 with 2097 viewsblackpooljack

Ffs why take 1 touch and pass when 6 will do
Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:01 - Nov 11 with 2083 viewsonehunglow

Tremendous there
Lad not giving up.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:01 - Nov 11 with 2074 viewstheloneranger

Goooal - Lowe 3-2

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:06 - Nov 11 with 2032 viewsnyc_swans

played really well down a man for 30 minutes. a lot to take from that. that's a very good side.
Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:07 - Nov 11 with 2012 viewsangryjack

Better when yates went off and cullen sent off ..wander why
Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:11 - Nov 11 with 1980 viewsWhiterockin

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:07 - Nov 11 by angryjack

And we could have ended up with a last minute draw.
Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:11 - Nov 11 with 1982 viewsDr_Winston

We're a bit schizophrenic as teams go at the moment. When we're on our game this season we do look very good. When we're off it we can look awful. A succession of injuries certainly aren't helping us to gain any consistency.

Given the damage done by RM in the last couple of seasons and to an extent Cooper before him (real strides were made under Potter into making the team enjoyable to watch again but Cooper seemed to hate the very concept of "fun" and the players that provide it) it's going to take more than one window to put things right.

I do think Duff could stand to take a few more risks, especially with some of the talent in the u21's instead of persisting with the likes of Cullen. There are players there who look capable of offering the first team squad something that it doesn't have a lot of at the moment. Pace.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:12 - Nov 11 with 1966 viewsonehunglow

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:07 - Nov 11 by angryjack

I got distracted here
Yates off!
Wasn’t missedcthen.
Frankly,he’s turning out to be a rather expensive folly whilst the bad training,troublesome Whittaker seems to be seen as One to Watch .

We don’t really source well do we

Login to get fewer ads

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:14 - Nov 11 with 1942 viewsWhiterockin

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:11 - Nov 11 by Dr_Winston

We're a bit schizophrenic as teams go at the moment. When we're on our game this season we do look very good. When we're off it we can look awful. A succession of injuries certainly aren't helping us to gain any consistency.

Given the damage done by RM in the last couple of seasons and to an extent Cooper before him (real strides were made under Potter into making the team enjoyable to watch again but Cooper seemed to hate the very concept of "fun" and the players that provide it) it's going to take more than one window to put things right.

I do think Duff could stand to take a few more risks, especially with some of the talent in the u21's instead of persisting with the likes of Cullen. There are players there who look capable of offering the first team squad something that it doesn't have a lot of at the moment. Pace.

Personally I would have dropped Yates put Cullen up top with Lowe on the right and Cooper on the left. Not ideal but we are down to the bones.
Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:17 - Nov 11 with 1919 viewsonehunglow

Hard to disagree with that
Today was frustrating as we can be effective

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:24 - Nov 11 with 1868 viewssw02sea

Advise for Duff. Play Lowe up front instead of the clueless Yates.
Superb effort by the lad, our only attack minded forward.
The January window can’t come fast enough, we are so predictable in the final third.
Yates & Cullen and not championship material.
But I have to say we have certainly mastered playing in our own half, our stats must through the roof, only trouble was we were 3-1 down.
Yet again we relied on Lady Luck, with Ipswich missing golden chances.
Let’s be honest and not kid ourselves, as with Sunderland, they were by far the better team.
Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:35 - Nov 11 with 1804 viewsjack247

Duff really needs to have a think about this over the next two weeks.

I know that everyone loves width, but the players we’ve got available right now couldn’t be less suited to it. Cullen doesn’t have pace or trickery, he’s wasted out wide, Yates doesn’t have height or physicality, he’s wasted up front on his own, Lowe looks a threat, but he beats his man and doesn’t really have a target to aim at.

Those three plus Paterson are far more suited to a narrower, swarm (hopefully you know what I’m trying to get at) attack. Get Yates and Cullen picking up loose balls in and around the area. Get Paterson playing balls for Lowe to run on to when one of the others has dragged defenders away.

I think he could take more risks, make us better to watch and hopefully more effective by playing the same players he started today in a better setup. Not that having Key back won’t help and he surely can’t keep ignoring Kukharevych when he’s fit,if he wants us to play like this.

Or….don’t play them. The way we attack doesn’t suit them at all.
Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:36 - Nov 11 with 1798 viewsonehunglow

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:24 - Nov 11 by sw02sea

The January window can’t come fast enough, we are so predictable in the final third.
But I have to say we have certainly mastered playing in our own half, our stats must through the roof, only trouble was we were 3-1 down.
Let’s be honest and not kid ourselves, as with Sunderland, they were by far the better team.

Funnily enough,I wasn’t too depressed with that as it shows where we are
We have spirit which should see us stay up.
As regards play offs,forget any notion of that.
Lowe is and has been a real trouper for us.
He deserves better as regards support.
Think today proved Jerry has been a mistake but we re stuck with him.
I ve no idea what he brings or why we bought him.
Same applies to Tymon .
The loan of Ashby
Just why
I truly wish we could sell Grimesey and move on

Seeing Naughton come on though brightens my day

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:38 - Nov 11 with 1798 viewsjack247

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:24 - Nov 11 by sw02sea

I don’t think anyone is pretending otherwise. Wasteful finishing saved us from a hammering.

I’d be happy with Lowe in a front two. Yates is always going to look awful up front on his own. It couldn’t be more obvious he’s suited to playing alongside a more powerful striker.
Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:47 - Nov 11 with 1730 viewsFlashberryjack

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:14 - Nov 11 by Whiterockin

Personally I would have dropped Yates put Cullen up top with Lowe on the right and Cooper on the left. Not ideal but we are down to the bones.

Yeats offers absolutely nothing (other than running about doing next f all).
I'm not Cullen's biggest fan, but I play him up front and ad another mid fielder to the team. probably Cooper or Walsh, even swap them around.

But to start Yates every game, is like starting with ten men.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:53 - Nov 11 with 1693 viewsjack247

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:47 - Nov 11 by Flashberryjack

Yeats offers absolutely nothing (other than running about doing next f all).
I'm not Cullen's biggest fan, but I play him up front and ad another mid fielder to the team. probably Cooper or Walsh, even swap them around.

But to start Yates every game, is like starting with ten men.

The sad thing is, Duff will either realise how to get the best out of him, or we’ll end up letting him go at a big loss and he’ll go somewhere else and have another season like he did at Blackpool again.

I agree, centrally with no support, he’s next to useless.
Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 18:08 - Nov 11 with 1599 viewsonehunglow

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:53 - Nov 11 by jack247

The sad thing is, Duff will either realise how to get the best out of him, or we’ll end up letting him go at a big loss and he’ll go somewhere else and have another season like he did at Blackpool again.

I agree, centrally with no support, he’s next to useless.

But good players make things happen.
Lowe has no support at all but takes people on, makes effective moves,challenges every time ,doesn’t give up.
He can finish too

Jerry right now is not effective

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 18:42 - Nov 11 with 1478 viewsshingle

Told you guys to put money on us playing Wrexham next season when the odds were overwhelmingly great, they have dropped a lot now so even the bookies are starting to think the possibility is not as daft as many once thought, you have to remember we have dreadful owners and are a club in decline.
Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 18:58 - Nov 11 with 1443 viewsjack247

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 18:08 - Nov 11 by onehunglow

But good players make things happen.
Lowe has no support at all but takes people on, makes effective moves,challenges every time ,doesn’t give up.
He can finish too

Jerry right now is not effective

‘Challenges every time, doesn’t give up, he can finish too.’

You could be describing any one of our front three there. Unfortunately, two of them are in roles that completely negate their strengths and play to their weaknesses.

Lowe is a winger playing on the wing. On the opposite side maybe, but that’s probably a good thing, as he’s got no realistic target in the box and at least he can cut in on his stronger foot. I agree though, he does make things happen and is easily our most threatening attacker.

You could argue that Yates is a striker playing up front, but it’s like asking Llorente to be a fox in the box.

Reality with Yates is he was 10th highest scorer in a relegated team last season. That’s the player we paid £2.5k for, not the 5’9 striker asked to outmuscle centre backs every week.
Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 19:03 - Nov 11 with 1427 viewsDr_Winston

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 18:58 - Nov 11 by jack247

‘Challenges every time, doesn’t give up, he can finish too.’

You could be describing any one of our front three there. Unfortunately, two of them are in roles that completely negate their strengths and play to their weaknesses.

Lowe is a winger playing on the wing. On the opposite side maybe, but that’s probably a good thing, as he’s got no realistic target in the box and at least he can cut in on his stronger foot. I agree though, he does make things happen and is easily our most threatening attacker.

You could argue that Yates is a striker playing up front, but it’s like asking Llorente to be a fox in the box.

Reality with Yates is he was 10th highest scorer in a relegated team last season. That’s the player we paid £2.5k for, not the 5’9 striker asked to outmuscle centre backs every week.

It's not a difficult concept really is it. Yet time and time again far too many people demonstrate that they can't, or perhaps, sadly, don't want to understand it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 19:15 - Nov 11 with 1390 viewsjack247

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 19:03 - Nov 11 by Dr_Winston

It's not a difficult concept really is it. Yet time and time again far too many people demonstrate that they can't, or perhaps, sadly, don't want to understand it.

People love a scapegoat.

The worrying thing though is that Duff persists with it week after week. Ok, he’s got injuries and can’t call on Ginelly or Kukharevych, but he must be able to find a more effective way of using the players he’s got.

We definitely need Cullen off the wing and support for Yates.
Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 19:19 - Nov 11 with 1368 viewsonehunglow

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 19:15 - Nov 11 by jack247

People love a scapegoat.

The worrying thing though is that Duff persists with it week after week. Ok, he’s got injuries and can’t call on Ginelly or Kukharevych, but he must be able to find a more effective way of using the players he’s got.

We definitely need Cullen off the wing and support for Yates.

Scapegoat .
The most abused word in football parlance
Quite ridiculous .
Dans should keep opinions to themselves clearly

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 19:26 - Nov 11 with 1342 viewsjack247

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 19:19 - Nov 11 by onehunglow

Scapegoat .
The most abused word in football parlance
Quite ridiculous .
Dans should keep opinions to themselves clearly

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and equally, if you choose to put that opinion on the internet, people are entitled to point out when they believe it’s flawed.

For me, there’s a big difference between ‘Cullen and Yates are useless’ and ‘Cullen and Yates are useless in the roles Duff is asking them to play’. Nothing wrong with adding context.
Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 19:29 - Nov 11 with 1317 viewsonehunglow

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 19:26 - Nov 11 by jack247

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and equally, if you choose to put that opinion on the internet, people are entitled to point out when they believe it’s flawed.

For me, there’s a big difference between ‘Cullen and Yates are useless’ and ‘Cullen and Yates are useless in the roles Duff is asking them to play’. Nothing wrong with adding context.

Fair comment that

Ipswich Town v Swansea City : Match day thread on 19:36 - Nov 11 with 1289 viewssw02sea

Still sticking with your “Yates is fantastic, if only he had the service” then ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024