Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit .... My thoughts... 11:07 - Jun 16 with 146197 viewsJacksDad

The one thing I am certain of re this vote is that no-one knows for sure what the repercussions economically will be if we pull out. If you listen to the experts it will be better if we stay in, however its all unconvincing. My issue is that after 10 years of Austerity, the services in this country have been cut to the bone, that is services that are needed by us all - not just Immigrants/benefit spongers. We are not in a position to afford the enormous gamble if it all goes t1ts up. I am taking my lead from Ray Winston and gambling responsibly and staying in. If we ever get to situation when everything is adequately funded and horrible 0 hours contracts were abolished ... then maybe it might be worth the risk to pull out. But to do it now is a massive gamble which we just cannot afford to lose.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:48 - Jun 29 with 1988 viewsbob566

on the radio this morning saying easy jet will have to leave their UK base and also Vodafone mulling over leaving their uk headquarters.

Forget the immigrants who only took up the jobs in kebab shops etc. What about all those Vodafone jobs that could possibly go. Id imagine they're a huge employer.

Great to see farage having delivering his brexit "I told you so" speech yesterday. Good to know the country is in Boris's safe hands with farages lot on the rise and corbyrn in the opposition wings. Just tremendous. Absolute clusterfoch the whole thing.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:58 - Jun 29 with 1971 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:48 - Jun 29 by bob566

on the radio this morning saying easy jet will have to leave their UK base and also Vodafone mulling over leaving their uk headquarters.

Forget the immigrants who only took up the jobs in kebab shops etc. What about all those Vodafone jobs that could possibly go. Id imagine they're a huge employer.

Great to see farage having delivering his brexit "I told you so" speech yesterday. Good to know the country is in Boris's safe hands with farages lot on the rise and corbyrn in the opposition wings. Just tremendous. Absolute clusterfoch the whole thing.

"Great to see farage having delivering his brexit "I told you so" speech yesterday. Good to know the country is in Boris's safe hands with farages lot on the rise and corbyrn in the opposition wings. Just tremendous. Absolute clusterfoch the whole thing."

That speech was devoid of intelligence, class, strategy or even the merest hint of diplomacy. It should be shocking but it isn't.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:05 - Jun 29 with 1937 viewsMytch_QPR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:58 - Jun 29 by BrianMcCarthy

"Great to see farage having delivering his brexit "I told you so" speech yesterday. Good to know the country is in Boris's safe hands with farages lot on the rise and corbyrn in the opposition wings. Just tremendous. Absolute clusterfoch the whole thing."

That speech was devoid of intelligence, class, strategy or even the merest hint of diplomacy. It should be shocking but it isn't.

The nation's finest moment it was not - especially with his 'I do like to be beside the seaside' Union Jack on a plastic stick (made in Taiwan).

Mind you (as he reminded us) he had waited seventeen years to do that. Some people just thought he was a cock, now at least the world knows he is.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:17 - Jun 29 with 1916 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:11 - Jun 28 by robith

My wife's a hardcore union member, but the other person is saying it was just a joke. Given their jobs won't last the recession/next Tory austerity on acid she's leaning towards not following up.

Well if your wife is a hardcore trade union member, then she should know or have access to those who will know, that she has a solid claim for race discrimination.

The notion that 'it was a joke' as a defence has long since been abandoned and its all in the eye of the one subjected to the racism.

Of course, employment tribunals are not for every one and neither should they be, but if she has witnesses, this looks a cast-iron case. Trust me, I've run with less.

Idiots like your wife's colleague are what's going to ruin this leave decision.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:20 - Jun 29 with 1913 viewsWatfordR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 21:50 - Jun 28 by QPR_John

Makes sense. Free movement in itself is not bad, as has been said before the bilateral agreement between Eire and the UK existed long before the EU was formed it is when the numbers get out of control problems arise.

Must admit I do find it mildly amusing to have an Englishman tell an Irishman about the problems that unwanted immigration can cause.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:22 - Jun 29 with 1905 viewspaulparker

Like Farage or don't like Farage at least he has the balls to say what he believes in
instead of standing there waffling on & on like 90% of the politicians in this country

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:29 - Jun 29 with 1896 viewsjonno

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:22 - Jun 29 by paulparker

Like Farage or don't like Farage at least he has the balls to say what he believes in
instead of standing there waffling on & on like 90% of the politicians in this country

True. And not a great deal of "statesman" like behaviour from Junckers or the Belgian ex prime minister in response either.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:33 - Jun 29 with 1884 viewsWatfordR

Remind me again what part he will play in negotiating with the EU? That speech was the equivalent of a disgruntled ex employee having a pop at his former colleagues at his leaving do. Petulant and graceless, balls had nothing to do with it.
Login to get fewer ads

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:36 - Jun 29 with 1878 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Saying what you believe in has its time and place and the politicians I admire know how to do it. Insulting and childishly goading the very people who you have to negotiate with over the next few years is foolish and selfish and shows no regard for the citizens he purports to represent. He has just made Westminster's job much, much harder.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:39 - Jun 29 with 1870 viewsMytch_QPR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:36 - Jun 29 by BrianMcCarthy

Saying what you believe in has its time and place and the politicians I admire know how to do it. Insulting and childishly goading the very people who you have to negotiate with over the next few years is foolish and selfish and shows no regard for the citizens he purports to represent. He has just made Westminster's job much, much harder.

+1

Class is permanent. Farage is temporary.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:40 - Jun 29 with 1867 viewsDannytheR

But who will pay for Farage's personal bodyguards when we leave the EU?

The big brave boy claims £15000 a year of EU money for "ex military personnel" to look after him.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/02/two-meps-took-home-over-1million-each

Still, small change compared to the £2.5 million he takes from them for campaigning.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2016 10:44]
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:05 - Jun 29 with 1824 viewsrobith

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:21 - Jun 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Robith,

There is some racism in Ireland, sad to say, but I think most Irish people have coped very well with the immigration of '00 onwards considering it was the first time it's happened in the Nation's history.

Maybe it's just that I hang around with people who detest racism. Maybe I'm lucky. But - hand on heart - I think we're getting an awful lot better over the last two generations. Either way, generalising that Irish people are super racist is, well, racist

Sorry Brian, as ever you are of course correct.

My view is probably skewed by recent Irish emigres to London who seem to have a staggering lack of racial savvy, nor an understanding of what Irish people like my parents experienced during the 70s and 80s.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:40 - Jun 29 with 1793 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:05 - Jun 29 by robith

Sorry Brian, as ever you are of course correct.

My view is probably skewed by recent Irish emigres to London who seem to have a staggering lack of racial savvy, nor an understanding of what Irish people like my parents experienced during the 70s and 80s.

Ya, I've met some of them too!

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:53 - Jun 29 with 1776 viewsDannytheR

Turns out that while Farage was telling the EU none of them had done a proper day's work in their lives, the man with his head in his hands behind him was Vytenis Andriukaitis.

He was brought up in one of Stalin's gulags in Siberia. Then he became a heart surgeon.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:59 - Jun 29 with 1763 viewsMytch_QPR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:53 - Jun 29 by DannytheR

Turns out that while Farage was telling the EU none of them had done a proper day's work in their lives, the man with his head in his hands behind him was Vytenis Andriukaitis.

He was brought up in one of Stalin's gulags in Siberia. Then he became a heart surgeon.

Yeah, Danny - but our Nige was an investment banker - he did something to really benefit communities and enrich peoples lives.

One day we'll discover what happened to Nigel to make him the man he is. I suspect he was given a 'wedgie' in the playground by a French exchange student.

Mind you, he has a German wife so he is something of an enigma. I know most people would describe him differently, possibly in a word of 4 letters.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:25 - Jun 29 with 1684 viewsR_from_afar

One of his balls was the giant wrecking ball which he has just used to smash the UK economy...

Oh well, at least we have the European Championships to distract us from... oh hang on

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:44 - Jun 29 with 1643 viewsTacticalR

The thing about the Farage speech was that, although it appeared to be directed at his colleagues in the European Parliament, it was probably designed for domestic consumption.

Having said that I suppose there was some logic to what he was saying on trade - as Britain has a deficit with everyone else it is in the interest of those other countries to continue trading with the decrepit power that has lost the ability to produce anything.

Air hostess clique

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:44 - Jun 29 with 2095 viewsTHEBUSH

Bilderberg, TTIP, Lobbyists, Offshore Bank AccountS, exist now or in the case of the TTIP is gonna happen, in both the UK and the EU, whether we are in or out.

I think it's a treacherous thing that the 52% have done, it's turned friend against friend, probably brought forward the break up of the UK and now the racists are having a field day, thanks to Farage and Co.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:45 - Jun 29 with 2094 viewspaulparker

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:25 - Jun 29 by R_from_afar

One of his balls was the giant wrecking ball which he has just used to smash the UK economy...

Oh well, at least we have the European Championships to distract us from... oh hang on

RFA

We have had 5 days since the Brexit how Is the UK economy smashed ?

how about we see what happens because at the moment nobody knows if this will be a long term good thing or bad thing

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:41 - Jun 29 with 1998 viewsBklynRanger

From what I can tell, after all of the effort, this is really just going to be decided by the Tories. I assume the leadership race will be between Boris and a slightly more pro-Europe/moderate candidate. Though Boris is already have to recalibrate his man-of-the-people guff to a more moderate stance.

So once that happens it will be down to the 150,000 members of the Conservative Party to decide which direction they want to go in based on their preferred candidate.

Which will end up in some level of compromise negotiations anyway that try to be seen to honour the will of the 17 million while keeping as much of the status quo intact as possible. And that would all have been a hell of a lot easier and less financially damaging if we'd just stayed in and kept trying to negotiate modifications regardless of how long it was going to take.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:41 - Jun 29 with 1998 views1BobbyHazell

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:44 - Jun 29 by THEBUSH

Bilderberg, TTIP, Lobbyists, Offshore Bank AccountS, exist now or in the case of the TTIP is gonna happen, in both the UK and the EU, whether we are in or out.

I think it's a treacherous thing that the 52% have done, it's turned friend against friend, probably brought forward the break up of the UK and now the racists are having a field day, thanks to Farage and Co.

In regard to your first paragraph here is a small (and admittedly potentially fruitless) set of steps you could follow as opposed to (understandable) resignation at the prospect of our permanent subjugation.

1) Sign this https://www.change.org/p/restore-truthful-politics-create-an-independent-office-

2) When the inevitable election is called write an email to all your constituency's candidates asking them to set out their positions on the things you have listed. Perhaps framing it with your own views or concerns. If they are, or pretend to be, ignorant on some of the subjects then inform them, send them links, write your best thoughts.

3) Take advantage of the current groundswell of feeling about democratic transparency, or the lack of to be more precise, and keep your MP accountable for everything they have said.

4) Encourage absolutely everyone else you know to do the same thing.

5) if you can think of any better or additional ideas add them to the list and pass it on. Let's all put our minds together and see if we've even got the smallest of fighting chances. I think most of us on here know that left to their own unscrutinised devices the politicians aren't going to do it for us.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:57 - Jun 29 with 1977 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:41 - Jun 29 by BklynRanger

From what I can tell, after all of the effort, this is really just going to be decided by the Tories. I assume the leadership race will be between Boris and a slightly more pro-Europe/moderate candidate. Though Boris is already have to recalibrate his man-of-the-people guff to a more moderate stance.

So once that happens it will be down to the 150,000 members of the Conservative Party to decide which direction they want to go in based on their preferred candidate.

Which will end up in some level of compromise negotiations anyway that try to be seen to honour the will of the 17 million while keeping as much of the status quo intact as possible. And that would all have been a hell of a lot easier and less financially damaging if we'd just stayed in and kept trying to negotiate modifications regardless of how long it was going to take.

Bklyn,

I thought I read that the next Tory leader is voted on by the parliamentary party only?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 16:07 - Jun 29 with 1962 viewsBklynRanger

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:57 - Jun 29 by BrianMcCarthy

Bklyn,

I thought I read that the next Tory leader is voted on by the parliamentary party only?

I thought they selected the candidates down to 2 and then the party members vote? I, or the tv face who told me that, could be wrong.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 16:22 - Jun 29 with 1937 viewseasthertsr

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 16:07 - Jun 29 by BklynRanger

I thought they selected the candidates down to 2 and then the party members vote? I, or the tv face who told me that, could be wrong.

That is correct!
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 16:29 - Jun 29 with 1913 viewsBklynRanger

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 16:22 - Jun 29 by easthertsr

That is correct!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024