Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit .... My thoughts... 11:07 - Jun 16 with 146177 viewsJacksDad

The one thing I am certain of re this vote is that no-one knows for sure what the repercussions economically will be if we pull out. If you listen to the experts it will be better if we stay in, however its all unconvincing. My issue is that after 10 years of Austerity, the services in this country have been cut to the bone, that is services that are needed by us all - not just Immigrants/benefit spongers. We are not in a position to afford the enormous gamble if it all goes t1ts up. I am taking my lead from Ray Winston and gambling responsibly and staying in. If we ever get to situation when everything is adequately funded and horrible 0 hours contracts were abolished ... then maybe it might be worth the risk to pull out. But to do it now is a massive gamble which we just cannot afford to lose.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 22:54 - Jun 25 with 1925 viewsQPR_John

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 22:21 - Jun 25 by E17hoop

As a current EU territory, they are, arguably, already a member and so adoption of the Euro could be argued as not required since they wouldn't be a new member, but continuing. It's effectively moot though until A50 has been activated.

Is Scotland, or England for that matter, an internationally accepted legal sovereign state. There is only a UK passport. The bottom line is that England or Scotland are not members of the EU in their own right but only as a region of the U.K. no more than London for example
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 22:55 - Jun 25 with 1923 viewsRs_Holy

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

What worries me is Brightons assessment that leaving the EU is near impossible. The shysters in Brussels must know this... We have 2 years to leave but it's almost as if they are goading us by saying "come on...get on with it".
More centralisation, more restrictions, less accountability... They can almost do what they like...
Sepp Blatter and Fifa spring to mind!
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 22:56 - Jun 25 with 1923 viewslondonscottish

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 21:56 - Jun 25 by QPR_John

"Like 'em or not (and I don't) the SNP had set out a clear document on how they would run Scotland e.g. keeping the £ and joining the EU. Personally I thought it had problems, but it was a plan. "

Good luck with that. All new members have to adopt the Euro

Did they fck have a plan.

They had no currency, just a hope that rUK would let them use the £. Which they wouldn't as the Bank of England would then have to be the lender of last resort against a plan that was worked out on the assumption that oil would be at $140/barrel when it was actually below $100 and subsequently dropped to $20.

i did challenge my sister on this and it was "just a detail".

Meanwhile I was watching TV earlier and Douglas Carswell was advising the journo on constitutional reform.

You really could not make it up.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:34 - Jun 26 with 1786 viewsBrightonhoop

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 22:55 - Jun 25 by Rs_Holy

What worries me is Brightons assessment that leaving the EU is near impossible. The shysters in Brussels must know this... We have 2 years to leave but it's almost as if they are goading us by saying "come on...get on with it".
More centralisation, more restrictions, less accountability... They can almost do what they like...
Sepp Blatter and Fifa spring to mind!

R's Holy, the piece i put up was a journalists piece, not my words to be clear, but fascinating.
I dont think the EU is goading anyone, whilst doubt remains that puts major pressure in the markets on the Euro, there currency, as a consequence of a fight essentially in the Tory Party which they keep referring to. They cant get on until we go, and Boris/Gove et al have rightly shat themselves because Cameron was clever enough to leave the dirtiest of work no one actually wants to do, to them. And they have not got the stomach for the job they have been advocating for through this campaign.
It is laughable. Like rabbitts caught in the headlights. Meanwhile through fear and stagnation by the 'Leaders' markets are collapsing and both the Pound and Euro are dropping terribly.
3 things that concern me personally: my future in Spain, god knows how EU migrants feel to be in the UK right now, 2 the fall out from a 2nd Ref that now needs to take place and pronto, 3 War. Europe always goes to war.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:40 - Jun 26 with 1780 viewsTacticalR

Brighton if you are quoting it's always helpful (to me at least) to put quotes at the beginning and the end of what you are quoting, and a link to the original article.

Air hostess clique

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:49 - Jun 26 with 1765 viewsDorse

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:40 - Jun 26 by TacticalR

Brighton if you are quoting it's always helpful (to me at least) to put quotes at the beginning and the end of what you are quoting, and a link to the original article.

Show your working in the box provided.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:59 - Jun 26 with 1753 viewsTacticalR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:49 - Jun 26 by Dorse

Show your working in the box provided.

I forgot to mention that. We must maintain standards now that we have taken our country back.

Air hostess clique

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:00 - Jun 26 with 1752 viewsBrightonhoop

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:59 - Jun 26 by TacticalR

I forgot to mention that. We must maintain standards now that we have taken our country back.

Ha! Done. Can't link to the original.
Login to get fewer ads

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:13 - Jun 26 with 1738 viewsPhildo

Any LFW members fancy running the country? Everyone else seems to be leaving the stage and there seems to be more collective sense on here then in the wider body politic?
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:16 - Jun 26 with 1731 viewsDiscodroids

24 Hours until a shadow cabinet of Marcus Brigstocke, Rufus Cu nting Hound, Lily Allen, Damon Albarn, Jude Law, David Schneider, Charlotte Church and the Esso Blue haired Hag with the ulcerated Yeast infection from Question Time.

I will sit right down, waiting for the gift of Labour Fission.

A Number One.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:21 - Jun 26 with 1724 viewsBrightonhoop

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:16 - Jun 26 by Discodroids

24 Hours until a shadow cabinet of Marcus Brigstocke, Rufus Cu nting Hound, Lily Allen, Damon Albarn, Jude Law, David Schneider, Charlotte Church and the Esso Blue haired Hag with the ulcerated Yeast infection from Question Time.

Hmm. A Blairite coup 2 weeks pre-Chilcott aint so very clever is it.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:28 - Jun 26 with 1712 viewsDorse

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:16 - Jun 26 by Discodroids

I nearly spat my coffee out over that!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:34 - Jun 26 with 1704 viewsderbyhoop

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

They don't have to either irrational or self destructive. The EU will be negotiating from a position of strength, backed by 450m people. We'll be trying to get a better deal than we had before, using politicians and civil servants who have never had to deal with anything so complex. With the Tory party in disarray and half the countries in the UK and half the population advocating a different path. We're negotiating with a very weak hand, indeed.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one's lifetime." (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop and now on Bluesky

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:07 - Jun 26 with 1675 viewsTacticalR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:13 - Jun 26 by Phildo

Any LFW members fancy running the country? Everyone else seems to be leaving the stage and there seems to be more collective sense on here then in the wider body politic?

The first priority is to assemble the squad to detonate charges in the Channel Tunnel.

Air hostess clique

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:25 - Jun 26 with 1653 viewsE17hoop

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:34 - Jun 26 by derbyhoop

They don't have to either irrational or self destructive. The EU will be negotiating from a position of strength, backed by 450m people. We'll be trying to get a better deal than we had before, using politicians and civil servants who have never had to deal with anything so complex. With the Tory party in disarray and half the countries in the UK and half the population advocating a different path. We're negotiating with a very weak hand, indeed.

Exactly.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:34 - Jun 26 with 1641 viewsDiscodroids

Wheres the chancellor George' Voyager 1' Osborne these days ?, being anally probed by a superior life forms in deep space beyond the Kuiper belt?.

Someone must have flicked the switch on Dr Pretrious's HP Lovecraft Resonator Machine .
Emily Thornberry has come From Beyond and is appearing across all media portals this morning, and is now Vibrating at 20,000 rpm.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2016 11:51]

A Number One.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:34 - Jun 26 with 1592 viewskensalriser

This is all great news for lawyers from the Liberal Metropolitan Elite (TM). They'll be in work for years unravelling all the EU legislation and dividing it into what is and isn't kept. Given the level of lawyers' fees these days that's probably your 350 million per week right there.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:39 - Jun 26 with 2722 viewsDiscodroids

Things are taking on an 'Outer Limits ' Direction . Bizarre.

[Post edited 26 Jun 2016 12:40]

A Number One.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:14 - Jun 26 with 2661 viewsQPR_Jim

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:39 - Jun 26 by Discodroids

Things are taking on an 'Outer Limits ' Direction . Bizarre.

[Post edited 26 Jun 2016 12:40]

Good, as a remain voter even I don't want a second referendum. What we need is a general election to make our voice heard about how we want to be governed from now on accepting the verdict of this referendum.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:46 - Jun 26 with 2603 viewsDiscodroids

A Number One.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:54 - Jun 26 with 2592 viewsE17hoop

Political climate? It's armageddon.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:58 - Jun 26 with 2587 viewsTheBlob

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:54 - Jun 26 by E17hoop

Political climate? It's armageddon.

Yes.
As in
Armageddon outa here.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 17:31 - Jun 26 with 2500 viewsdistortR

The eu leaders have always been indifferent to public opinion, they come across as believing that they have a divine mission to impose their will on the ignorant masses. Their dream of a federal europe must be our dream.
I hear the leaders of other countries critical that the people of britain have been given a real choice, as they are now under pressure from their own people, who might have something to say too. It is quite clear that the political classes believe that we should work for them, and not the other way round. That democracy is fine, when used sparingly.
Our leaders, our politicians have been all too indifferent to the problems of the 'forgotten' parts of England. Maybe one of the reasons our friends up over our northern border voted 'remain' is that they feel they have a political voice to speak for them, as do the well funded, well paid citizens of London.
Well, the disenfranchised have, for once, turned the table. The boots on the other foot now, it's not nice to be ignored, over-ruled is it?
I think what this referendum has done is given everyone a chance. A chance to step back, re-assess the seemingly unstoppable steamrollering of the views of then 'elite' over the will of the masses.
At home the politicians need to start listening to the much patronised and derided 'man on the street'. Our voice is as important as yours, our vote has the same value as yours.
I think the institution that is the eu also needs to have a strong look at itself, and it's seeming ambition to homogenize it's member states. Maybe what the condescending remainers take as an inherently prejudiced vote is actually saying 'Vive le difference'.
I don't think Britain leaving the eu is a given, especially as out voters don't know exactly what they've voted for. How could they? the only option was in or out, not in, out, swiss, norwegian etc etc. But they do know what they've voted against - against being ignored, over-ruled and over-ridden. Enough is enough.
I prey that the eu has the humility to realise that their project has gone too far in the eyes of many of the citizens of europe, and that we can probably get on a lot better as a more flexible coalition of allies who share a common goal of peaceful co-existence.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 17:41 - Jun 26 with 2487 viewsE17hoop

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 17:31 - Jun 26 by distortR

The eu leaders have always been indifferent to public opinion, they come across as believing that they have a divine mission to impose their will on the ignorant masses. Their dream of a federal europe must be our dream.
I hear the leaders of other countries critical that the people of britain have been given a real choice, as they are now under pressure from their own people, who might have something to say too. It is quite clear that the political classes believe that we should work for them, and not the other way round. That democracy is fine, when used sparingly.
Our leaders, our politicians have been all too indifferent to the problems of the 'forgotten' parts of England. Maybe one of the reasons our friends up over our northern border voted 'remain' is that they feel they have a political voice to speak for them, as do the well funded, well paid citizens of London.
Well, the disenfranchised have, for once, turned the table. The boots on the other foot now, it's not nice to be ignored, over-ruled is it?
I think what this referendum has done is given everyone a chance. A chance to step back, re-assess the seemingly unstoppable steamrollering of the views of then 'elite' over the will of the masses.
At home the politicians need to start listening to the much patronised and derided 'man on the street'. Our voice is as important as yours, our vote has the same value as yours.
I think the institution that is the eu also needs to have a strong look at itself, and it's seeming ambition to homogenize it's member states. Maybe what the condescending remainers take as an inherently prejudiced vote is actually saying 'Vive le difference'.
I don't think Britain leaving the eu is a given, especially as out voters don't know exactly what they've voted for. How could they? the only option was in or out, not in, out, swiss, norwegian etc etc. But they do know what they've voted against - against being ignored, over-ruled and over-ridden. Enough is enough.
I prey that the eu has the humility to realise that their project has gone too far in the eyes of many of the citizens of europe, and that we can probably get on a lot better as a more flexible coalition of allies who share a common goal of peaceful co-existence.

Disenfranchised have turned the table? Are we out of the EU then, or at least with a plan for exit? Still no article 50 in operation yet and no plan for it so most definitely back in control.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 17:46 - Jun 26 with 2477 viewsdistortR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 17:41 - Jun 26 by E17hoop

Disenfranchised have turned the table? Are we out of the EU then, or at least with a plan for exit? Still no article 50 in operation yet and no plan for it so most definitely back in control.

Should have said 'briefly turned the table'. Are Boris and Nigel going to speak up for the normal person? Course not.
My point is, that if this whole farce of a referendum is taken as a wake up call, then it's been a very,very good thing.
Big if, mind.
Objectively, living on the IOM i didn't get a vote, and i would probably have voted nota if i had one.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024