Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit .... My thoughts... 11:07 - Jun 16 with 146208 viewsJacksDad

The one thing I am certain of re this vote is that no-one knows for sure what the repercussions economically will be if we pull out. If you listen to the experts it will be better if we stay in, however its all unconvincing. My issue is that after 10 years of Austerity, the services in this country have been cut to the bone, that is services that are needed by us all - not just Immigrants/benefit spongers. We are not in a position to afford the enormous gamble if it all goes t1ts up. I am taking my lead from Ray Winston and gambling responsibly and staying in. If we ever get to situation when everything is adequately funded and horrible 0 hours contracts were abolished ... then maybe it might be worth the risk to pull out. But to do it now is a massive gamble which we just cannot afford to lose.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:28 - Jul 1 with 1587 viewsTHEBUSH

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:11 - Jul 1 by DannytheR

No mate, I'm just the poor mug whose government (the British one) obliges me to pay for freeloaders like you from less prosperous parts of the world.

Danny I'm a Londoner born and bred in Shepherds Bush and proud of it and I'm with you, all the way.

I've sort of given up arguing against the 51.9%, they are so full it, it makes my stomach turn.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:30 - Jul 1 with 1581 viewsMytch_QPR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:10 - Jul 1 by stumbleandfall

Little reported is a by election result from last night. Small turn out and small sample size but will be the sort of nightmare that give tory polling boffins nightmares. And all in leafy Surrey. They will be very afraid.

Leatherhead North (Mole Valley) result:
LDEM: 56.6% (+27.4)
CON: 22.3% (-11.7)
UKIP: 10.3% (-7.9)
LAB: 8.9% (-5.7)
GRN: 1.8% (-2.1)

I have done some calculations and worked out that if these figures were transferred to a general election the immediate outcome would be that people would know who Tim Farron is.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:31 - Jul 1 with 1579 viewsDannytheR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:23 - Jul 1 by vblockranger

Freeloader? for using London transport? I wish it was free ! Seriously mate that post of yours just sums up this new London elitism that the tw@t Sadiq Khan is also trying to promote and use to further his own political ends.
Come and have a drive round the country mate.

It's just a fact, mate. I realise they're trickier to deal with than a lot of ridiculous old bollocks about muggers and pickpockets rampaging through the sht-stained streets of London, not like in the 70s when Shepherds Bush Green was like Kew Gardens. (Which by the way you've completely failed to defend despite several posters picking you up on it). But it's a fact all the same.

Every time you come in to my shthole city and travel on our shthole tube, you take advantage of a financial subsidy provided to you, from us, from me, and every other Londoner.

And though you think we're a shthole, and you're more English than us, and all the rest of it - you're not above taking advantage of us financially.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2016 14:35]
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:35 - Jul 1 with 1572 viewsDannytheR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:24 - Jul 1 by paulparker

for someone who I presume is very left wing , you come across at times like a bad Jeremy Clarkson

You presume I'm very left wing because I don't agree with you PP. But you'll find a lot of people don't agree with you on a lot of things, and we're not all one thing.

Tell me how I'm wrong in saying that as a Londoner I subsidise him when he goes on the tube? It's a fact.

But I'd be happy to have Clarkson's money, even as a bad version.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:41 - Jul 1 with 1559 viewsDannytheR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:08 - Jul 1 by paulparker

if the vote had gone the other way , the remainders on here would have been saying the same things , there would have been the same bad feelings on the other side as well
we just have to get on with it, and see what happens

im from the same city as you , my family were born & raised around the Bush & Notting Hill , I moved to the sticks for a better life and for family but I still class myself "a Londoner" as well as a proud Englishman, I think Vegas does in a way as well and he does have a point that some parts of London are a little iffy , for me London has changed but then again I haven't lived there for 14 years
if you go out to the suburb's and beyond there is a feeling that the normal person has been let down by successive governments , they want change , they want a better Britain/England ,

Honestly, and this isn't me having a pop, I don't know if you can describe yourself as a Londoner if you haven't lived here for fourteen years. A Londoner is someone who lives here, whatever country they were born in. I'm genuinely not trying to score a political point, but that's not how I think it works.

We've all been let down by successive governments. We all want a better Britain. One of the most inaccurate and damaging ideas that seems to have taken root is that only 52% of the population are pissed off about the state of things, and the rest of us are all fanning ourselves with ostrich feathers and sipping Chardonnay.

I think anyone on EITHER side of this who says "I don't know anyone who voted differently from me" needs to get out more.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:48 - Jul 1 with 1540 viewsvblockranger

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:30 - Jul 1 by Mytch_QPR

I have done some calculations and worked out that if these figures were transferred to a general election the immediate outcome would be that people would know who Tim Farron is.

Huge straw grasping if you think the Lib Dem's will EVER be anything other than a laughing stock mate. Sorry.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:52 - Jul 1 with 1529 viewsLongsufferingR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:10 - Jul 1 by stumbleandfall

Little reported is a by election result from last night. Small turn out and small sample size but will be the sort of nightmare that give tory polling boffins nightmares. And all in leafy Surrey. They will be very afraid.

Leatherhead North (Mole Valley) result:
LDEM: 56.6% (+27.4)
CON: 22.3% (-11.7)
UKIP: 10.3% (-7.9)
LAB: 8.9% (-5.7)
GRN: 1.8% (-2.1)

It was a council election and the winner got 800 votes, so not sure it tells us much about anything really!!
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:54 - Jul 1 with 1521 viewsBrightonhoop

Seriously think London has to go it alone like Scotland. The provincial 6 fingered lot are going drag you all back to the dark ages. All that made England admired and great was turned to dust last week.
Login to get fewer ads

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:56 - Jul 1 with 1515 viewsvblockranger

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:31 - Jul 1 by DannytheR

It's just a fact, mate. I realise they're trickier to deal with than a lot of ridiculous old bollocks about muggers and pickpockets rampaging through the sht-stained streets of London, not like in the 70s when Shepherds Bush Green was like Kew Gardens. (Which by the way you've completely failed to defend despite several posters picking you up on it). But it's a fact all the same.

Every time you come in to my shthole city and travel on our shthole tube, you take advantage of a financial subsidy provided to you, from us, from me, and every other Londoner.

And though you think we're a shthole, and you're more English than us, and all the rest of it - you're not above taking advantage of us financially.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2016 14:35]

Never said i was more English than you. We are both English as each other obviously. Like i said born and bred a Londoner and always will be a Londoner because thats where i am from and where i lived for the first 30 years of my life. I think to notice the changes that has gone you must view it from the outside looking in which i now do as i moved out to bring up my kids.
As for the subsidy stuff...couldn't really give a bollox. Like i said it's a poor service anyway and i would drive if the roads in London were not a complete clusterfck.
Leftie elitism is growing strong in London but that doesnt make you more of a Londoner no matter what you think.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:04 - Jul 1 with 1495 viewsDannytheR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:56 - Jul 1 by vblockranger

Never said i was more English than you. We are both English as each other obviously. Like i said born and bred a Londoner and always will be a Londoner because thats where i am from and where i lived for the first 30 years of my life. I think to notice the changes that has gone you must view it from the outside looking in which i now do as i moved out to bring up my kids.
As for the subsidy stuff...couldn't really give a bollox. Like i said it's a poor service anyway and i would drive if the roads in London were not a complete clusterfck.
Leftie elitism is growing strong in London but that doesnt make you more of a Londoner no matter what you think.

That's fine. As long as we both know that there's a certain sum of money that I work hard for, and I'd rather spend on my kid, or my dog, or my MOT, or the summer holiday that's now going to cost me twice as much because the pound is so knackered.. but I can't, because I'm obliged to contribute it to you sitting scratching yourself on the Central Line on your way to watch the football.

And then you have the nerve to say I live in a shthole. Well, I'll take the Poles and and Sadiq Khan over you any day. They don't sponge off me and then insult my home. And you mate, you're no Londoner.

[Post edited 1 Jul 2016 15:05]
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:04 - Jul 1 with 1493 viewsstumbleandfall

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:52 - Jul 1 by LongsufferingR

It was a council election and the winner got 800 votes, so not sure it tells us much about anything really!!

These sort of results are analysed to high heavens and apart from a few outliers are quite reflective.

It's not the swing to LD that will concern them, it will be the nearly -20% combined Con/UKIP loss that will. The swing could go anywhere and it's damaging.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:09 - Jul 1 with 1807 viewspaulparker

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:41 - Jul 1 by DannytheR

Honestly, and this isn't me having a pop, I don't know if you can describe yourself as a Londoner if you haven't lived here for fourteen years. A Londoner is someone who lives here, whatever country they were born in. I'm genuinely not trying to score a political point, but that's not how I think it works.

We've all been let down by successive governments. We all want a better Britain. One of the most inaccurate and damaging ideas that seems to have taken root is that only 52% of the population are pissed off about the state of things, and the rest of us are all fanning ourselves with ostrich feathers and sipping Chardonnay.

I think anyone on EITHER side of this who says "I don't know anyone who voted differently from me" needs to get out more.

Danny my family were from London , I lived in London , I class myself as a Londoner thank you
by your reasoning I should give up being a QPR fan and follow Northampton or MKdons

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:14 - Jul 1 with 1786 viewsvblockranger

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:04 - Jul 1 by DannytheR

That's fine. As long as we both know that there's a certain sum of money that I work hard for, and I'd rather spend on my kid, or my dog, or my MOT, or the summer holiday that's now going to cost me twice as much because the pound is so knackered.. but I can't, because I'm obliged to contribute it to you sitting scratching yourself on the Central Line on your way to watch the football.

And then you have the nerve to say I live in a shthole. Well, I'll take the Poles and and Sadiq Khan over you any day. They don't sponge off me and then insult my home. And you mate, you're no Londoner.

Tbh mate its not up to you . You keep on subsidising and i will get an extra kick out of it every time i'm on the tube.
Like i said a couple of time already the deterioration i see is maybe more prevalent to me coming from the outside in.
As for me being a Londoner. I'll let you know when i start taking notice of you and your leftie mates :-)
Hope you got your safety pin on today!
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:16 - Jul 1 with 1771 viewsstumbleandfall

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:14 - Jul 1 by vblockranger

Tbh mate its not up to you . You keep on subsidising and i will get an extra kick out of it every time i'm on the tube.
Like i said a couple of time already the deterioration i see is maybe more prevalent to me coming from the outside in.
As for me being a Londoner. I'll let you know when i start taking notice of you and your leftie mates :-)

I love those sort of comments. 'leftie mates'. As if it's some sort of insult.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:21 - Jul 1 with 1751 viewsDannytheR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:09 - Jul 1 by paulparker

Danny my family were from London , I lived in London , I class myself as a Londoner thank you
by your reasoning I should give up being a QPR fan and follow Northampton or MKdons

But if being born somewhere, growing up there and having family from there means you still belong to it, isn't it like a nationality in some ways? In which case maybe it's not so mental to say it could have something like its own independence.

If not, and London is just a place that people live, a big sprawl of streets and houses, then no, if you haven't lived there for 14 years, I don't think you can call yourself a Londoner anymore.

As usual, we'll have to respectfully agree to differ.

Course I don't think you should give up Rangers. But as for others, I can think of better teams to support if you obviously don't like Londoners and think London is (their words) "a shthole."
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:26 - Jul 1 with 1738 viewsDannytheR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:14 - Jul 1 by vblockranger

Ah we get there at last! Spoken like the parasite you are :)

I don't wear a safety pin, mate. Would fck up the suit.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:27 - Jul 1 with 1733 viewsDannytheR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:16 - Jul 1 by stumbleandfall

I love those sort of comments. 'leftie mates'. As if it's some sort of insult.

Or has any bearing on reality.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:27 - Jul 1 with 1733 viewsvblockranger

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:09 - Jul 1 by paulparker

Your a Londoner mate of course you are. People born in Dublin are Dubliner's, people born in Glasgow are Glaswegians. Don't listen to the numpty and his elite Londoner rules. This is why winning that Leave vote was so important. Put a few people in their place and knocked a few off their high horse. People have spoken .I love democracy and been loving every minute of it for a week.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:30 - Jul 1 with 1720 viewsSnipper

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:04 - Jul 1 by DannytheR

I was born in London and have lived in London my whole life, except a 1 year working holiday in Australia. Everybody is entitled to their opinion DannytheR. If vblockranger has that opinion, then he is fully entitled to it. You obviously don't agree with him, but the sad fact is, I do.
Today's London isn't the London I grew up in. There was always street crime back in the day, but it's far worse now. You never had the amount of kids carrying knives back in the day, but it's far worse now.

In my opinion, it's only going to get worse too. I know you don't or won't agree with me, but that's life I'm afraid.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:32 - Jul 1 with 1715 viewsvblockranger

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:26 - Jul 1 by DannytheR

Ah we get there at last! Spoken like the parasite you are :)

I don't wear a safety pin, mate. Would fck up the suit.

Think parasite is a bit harsh for using TFL mate tbh. See i have touched a nerve though and i apologise. Visions of you sitting there raging red faced in your tank top is actually giving me a little thrill but i musn't be mean. Lets just agree to disagree. No hard feelings.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:36 - Jul 1 with 1705 viewsDannytheR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:30 - Jul 1 by Snipper

I was born in London and have lived in London my whole life, except a 1 year working holiday in Australia. Everybody is entitled to their opinion DannytheR. If vblockranger has that opinion, then he is fully entitled to it. You obviously don't agree with him, but the sad fact is, I do.
Today's London isn't the London I grew up in. There was always street crime back in the day, but it's far worse now. You never had the amount of kids carrying knives back in the day, but it's far worse now.

In my opinion, it's only going to get worse too. I know you don't or won't agree with me, but that's life I'm afraid.

I'm happy to talk about London with people who see more of the city than getting "in and out as quickly as possible" once a fortnight.

Have you actually had experience of knife crime yourself? I'm not taking the piss, I'm genuinely interested. Because most people I know in town, a lot of them in areas that have always been thought of as pretty ropey, never have. In fact, I can't think of anyone I know who's had direct experience in London with a knife. A couple have been mugged, but thinking of it, that's going back at least far as the 90s. But as I say, happy to have a conversation about it, as long as it's grounded in facts and life experience, not prejudice and bullshit.

Nowhere is the same as the place we grew up in. That's called life.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:39 - Jul 1 with 1701 viewsDannytheR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:32 - Jul 1 by vblockranger

Think parasite is a bit harsh for using TFL mate tbh. See i have touched a nerve though and i apologise. Visions of you sitting there raging red faced in your tank top is actually giving me a little thrill but i musn't be mean. Lets just agree to disagree. No hard feelings.

I'm just pleased your electricity held out for the afternoon. Say hello to your brother/mother/cousin for me.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:48 - Jul 1 with 1679 viewsSnipper

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:36 - Jul 1 by DannytheR

I'm happy to talk about London with people who see more of the city than getting "in and out as quickly as possible" once a fortnight.

Have you actually had experience of knife crime yourself? I'm not taking the piss, I'm genuinely interested. Because most people I know in town, a lot of them in areas that have always been thought of as pretty ropey, never have. In fact, I can't think of anyone I know who's had direct experience in London with a knife. A couple have been mugged, but thinking of it, that's going back at least far as the 90s. But as I say, happy to have a conversation about it, as long as it's grounded in facts and life experience, not prejudice and bullshit.

Nowhere is the same as the place we grew up in. That's called life.

I was the victim of knife crime, but that was back in 1985. A mate and myself were set upon for no reason and I was slashed down my face. Luckily it wasn't deep and it mostly healed. My nephew was robbed at knifepoint for his mobile phone about 4 years ago. I've also known other people to be robbed/mugged at knifepoint.

I hope your luck and your family and friends luck holds out.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:53 - Jul 1 with 1665 viewskensalriser

Public transport in London is way better than it was in the 80s. No contest at all.

Same thing for crime and violence. Yes, there is a problem with knife crime and teenage gangs. Nothing really new there. Much more casual violence in the 70s and 80s.

Roads are busy because too many people have cars.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:58 - Jul 1 with 1651 viewsBrightonhoop

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:48 - Jul 1 by Snipper

I was the victim of knife crime, but that was back in 1985. A mate and myself were set upon for no reason and I was slashed down my face. Luckily it wasn't deep and it mostly healed. My nephew was robbed at knifepoint for his mobile phone about 4 years ago. I've also known other people to be robbed/mugged at knifepoint.

I hope your luck and your family and friends luck holds out.

I dont think anyone is immune to it. The newspapers seem to revel in it. But for those of us who grew up in the 70's London and the violence was far more sinister then than now imho.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024