Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit .... My thoughts... 11:07 - Jun 16 with 146130 viewsJacksDad

The one thing I am certain of re this vote is that no-one knows for sure what the repercussions economically will be if we pull out. If you listen to the experts it will be better if we stay in, however its all unconvincing. My issue is that after 10 years of Austerity, the services in this country have been cut to the bone, that is services that are needed by us all - not just Immigrants/benefit spongers. We are not in a position to afford the enormous gamble if it all goes t1ts up. I am taking my lead from Ray Winston and gambling responsibly and staying in. If we ever get to situation when everything is adequately funded and horrible 0 hours contracts were abolished ... then maybe it might be worth the risk to pull out. But to do it now is a massive gamble which we just cannot afford to lose.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 00:43 - Jun 24 with 1875 viewsLythamR

I dont think we will have a realistic indication of how its going to go until about 2am but the money is certainly running at the moment

We need a few southern areas to chip in to get a real feel but it doesnt look like the cosy remain win that people were talking about at 10pm

exciting and horrifying at the same time

A bit like watching Rangers
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 00:44 - Jun 24 with 1898 viewsBrightonhoop

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 00:40 - Jun 24 by essextaxiboy

It will have stabilised within a week , its the uncertainty they dont like .See how they blow in the wind with every result . Some people are making money ...sit tight ..

You're joking right? Interest rates approaching double figures by monday. Do you really think BoE will stand by for a week whilst Sterling reaches zero? It's like watching Britain put its head in the oven AND turning on the gas. 'Wait for a week.' My arse. Grab your ankles there's a train coming.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 00:48 - Jun 24 with 1887 viewsBucksRanger

Sterling down - good for exporters.
Interest rates up (maybe but I doubt it) - good for savers (at long last).

Can't see a problem at all.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 00:49 - Jun 24 with 1881 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 00:44 - Jun 24 by Brightonhoop

You're joking right? Interest rates approaching double figures by monday. Do you really think BoE will stand by for a week whilst Sterling reaches zero? It's like watching Britain put its head in the oven AND turning on the gas. 'Wait for a week.' My arse. Grab your ankles there's a train coming.

I know it's worrying, Brighton, but most of the volatility that you see tonight will be engineered by the market to take out the amateur traders. It won't be real, so I would be amazed if there was a crash either way. Expect huge swings but ignore everything but the result. it will be steadier after tonight.,

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 00:49 - Jun 24 with 1881 viewsBrightonhoop

'It will have stabilised within a week , its the uncertainty they dont like .' Kin ell. 30.000 in Sunderland just sunk the pound. I suspect a few gold bars just changes hands in support of the pound.
BoE is warming up the trucks to ship gold bars right now.....
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 00:52 - Jun 24 with 1866 viewsBucksRanger

Gordon Brown sold all the UK gold. We won't need trucks - a bike and sidecar should suffice.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2016 0:53]
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 00:58 - Jun 24 with 1852 viewsBrightonhoop

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 00:49 - Jun 24 by BrianMcCarthy

I know it's worrying, Brighton, but most of the volatility that you see tonight will be engineered by the market to take out the amateur traders. It won't be real, so I would be amazed if there was a crash either way. Expect huge swings but ignore everything but the result. it will be steadier after tonight.,

Not so sure Brian, tonights volatility is very similar to the wild swings of Soros, let's hope Gold underpins it or interest rates go north big time.

Osborne lost 3 times more on the Post Office slae than Gordon Brown down party lines. There is no need for the £2 Billion hole in the nhs. They might be crooks, I'll say no more.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 01:01 - Jun 24 with 1846 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 00:58 - Jun 24 by Brightonhoop

Not so sure Brian, tonights volatility is very similar to the wild swings of Soros, let's hope Gold underpins it or interest rates go north big time.

Osborne lost 3 times more on the Post Office slae than Gordon Brown down party lines. There is no need for the £2 Billion hole in the nhs. They might be crooks, I'll say no more.

Ok, best of luck anyway Brighton.

Login to get fewer ads

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 01:03 - Jun 24 with 1841 viewsessextaxiboy

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 00:49 - Jun 24 by Brightonhoop

'It will have stabilised within a week , its the uncertainty they dont like .' Kin ell. 30.000 in Sunderland just sunk the pound. I suspect a few gold bars just changes hands in support of the pound.
BoE is warming up the trucks to ship gold bars right now.....

Your reaction is the same as the forex traders .Keep calm .... It will all be ok ..
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 01:13 - Jun 24 with 1801 viewsBrightonhoop

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 01:03 - Jun 24 by essextaxiboy

Your reaction is the same as the forex traders .Keep calm .... It will all be ok ..

UK currency just fell through the floor. Gold bars shipping like confetti.

Italy's gold reserve is 20 times that of the BoE. By the way. From when Musollini nationalised wedding rings and gold teeth.

Sterling does not look a sound bet.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 01:18 - Jun 24 with 1791 viewskensalriser

You were the last man standing in support of Harry staying, however!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 01:20 - Jun 24 with 1788 viewsbob566

This is what you voted for. A week ago 65 billion was withdrawn from banks and shares. Reckon you're fecked if it goes through.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 01:23 - Jun 24 with 1784 viewsGaryT

The pound has collapsed to a 3 and a half day low, just to put it into perspective.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 01:28 - Jun 24 with 1772 viewsessextaxiboy

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 01:18 - Jun 24 by kensalriser

You were the last man standing in support of Harry staying, however!

I was , my gut reaction is to back the bloke in the Rangers dugout. When a plan emerged and Les arrived ,happy to wave him goodbye .
I know more about investment than football . Head over heart .
[Post edited 24 Jun 2016 1:31]
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 01:33 - Jun 24 with 1760 viewsessextaxiboy

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 01:20 - Jun 24 by bob566

This is what you voted for. A week ago 65 billion was withdrawn from banks and shares. Reckon you're fecked if it goes through.

Its just uncertainty .. the markets hate no news more than bad news .
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 01:47 - Jun 24 with 1721 viewsloftboy

The % gap is getting wider

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 02:08 - Jun 24 with 1688 viewsBrianMcCarthy

About half the bookies have just switched Leave to odds-on in the last five minutes.

The 'shy tory' question I was asking about seems to be a big factor?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 02:14 - Jun 24 with 1673 viewsWanderR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 02:08 - Jun 24 by BrianMcCarthy

About half the bookies have just switched Leave to odds-on in the last five minutes.

The 'shy tory' question I was asking about seems to be a big factor?

Huge Leave wins in traditional Labour heartlands. Corbyn's lukewarm attitude to the EU has to be partly responsible.

Current location: OX10

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 02:23 - Jun 24 with 1657 viewsloftboy

That gap closed quickly

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 02:26 - Jun 24 with 1653 viewsBrianMcCarthy

What's comical about the BBC coverage is that both they and the political parties are relying on the bookies to predict the winner!

Remain is favourite now again btw.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 02:52 - Jun 24 with 1607 viewsBoston

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:55 - Jun 23 by Jigsore

Just voted, i'm remain. Large majority of young adults like me voting the same way, just another travesty to suffer should we leave

still think it's ridiculous this has been put to a referendum. it's far too important and complicated to be put to the public.

Jigsore, of all the comments I have read on this subject, maybe of all comments I have read on any subject, yours fills me with despair. This issue is a prime example of why referendums exist, my god man what is the point of democracy, otherwise? Whether you're in or out or don't vote, it is the option of expressing an opinion that is supposed to separate us from totalitarianism or dictatorships. I'm presuming British Constitution or Civics has been dropped from the curriculum since I idled my time through school?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 03:02 - Jun 24 with 2052 viewsBrianMcCarthy

An exchange on BBC earler tonight:-

Alastair Campbell: At the risk of sounding arrogant, this was a bad idea to put this to a referendum
Younger BBC head: That DOES sound arrogant

I agree with Boston - this is what referenda are for.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 03:03 - Jun 24 with 2049 viewsozranger

Don't know why, but I'm keeping up with this in Oz. The £ just dropped through the floor here. It was around 1.945 at midnight English time and went up to nearly 1.99. But now, at 3am, it's dropped to 1.91. Time to get on, I reckon!
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 03:11 - Jun 24 with 2037 viewsWanderR

1/3 of councils have declared, Leave is ahead by about 0.5%

Current location: OX10

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 04:12 - Jun 24 with 1945 viewstimcocking

I don't think a referendum should be used to settle anything ever.

Most people are not well enough educated or smart enough to understand much. Insulting no doubt, but sadly true.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024