Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit .... My thoughts... 11:07 - Jun 16 with 146125 viewsJacksDad

The one thing I am certain of re this vote is that no-one knows for sure what the repercussions economically will be if we pull out. If you listen to the experts it will be better if we stay in, however its all unconvincing. My issue is that after 10 years of Austerity, the services in this country have been cut to the bone, that is services that are needed by us all - not just Immigrants/benefit spongers. We are not in a position to afford the enormous gamble if it all goes t1ts up. I am taking my lead from Ray Winston and gambling responsibly and staying in. If we ever get to situation when everything is adequately funded and horrible 0 hours contracts were abolished ... then maybe it might be worth the risk to pull out. But to do it now is a massive gamble which we just cannot afford to lose.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 00:36 - Jun 23 with 2012 viewsessextaxiboy

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 00:25 - Jun 23 by martincook

Essex: do us a favour. Have a drink and go to bed. Big day tomorrow.

Just got back from Stansted with a G and T and looking forward to 2200 tomorrow . Cheers
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 00:42 - Jun 23 with 2003 viewsmartincook

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 00:36 - Jun 23 by essextaxiboy

Just got back from Stansted with a G and T and looking forward to 2200 tomorrow . Cheers

Good man!
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 00:45 - Jun 23 with 1998 viewstimcocking

I think it's a mess either way. But in 2016, it's time the planet realised we are 1 ecosystem and starting cooperating. Isolationist politics won't do the long term survival of the human race many favours in the long run if you ask me. The whole world should be run by one person.

I'd vote for Paul Theroux. Put him in charge, he'd sort everything out immediately. Failing him, i'd vote for Clive.

But i do think we're fcuked either way.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 06:10 - Jun 23 with 1953 viewscyprusmel

The out side say CAMERON LIES The in side say FARAGE LIES------difficult choice if true
but one is lying to save his job and the other to lose his job. Who do you believe.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2016 6:31]
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 06:31 - Jun 23 with 1934 viewsLblock

The Junkers Bomber must surely have made any floaters minds up yesterday when he publicly stated the UK would have to like it or lump it, there will be no further away reforms, concessions or vetoes for Britain?!?!?!?

VOTE LEAVE!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 06:43 - Jun 23 with 1919 viewsPunteR

I'm not voting for either.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 07:41 - Jun 23 with 1891 viewsHonkytonks

Vote leave to protect this great nations identity and unique place in the world.....vote remain to become a dumping ground for economy migrants and under the rule of France and Germany!.....
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 07:59 - Jun 23 with 1882 viewsmikeygunn

I've just voted remain. Better the devil you know and all that. To the people that honestly, in there heart of hearts think that leave will win, then put your house on it @ the bookies, 3/1 on skybet. Ever see a skint bookie though?
Login to get fewer ads

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 08:06 - Jun 23 with 1867 viewsHonkytonks

The same bookies that said Peter crouch was odds on to sign for us 46 times!
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 08:21 - Jun 23 with 1845 views1BobbyHazell

I see God has rained down his displeasure at our impending pact with the devil.

And thank you Mikeygunn for pointing out that you could bet on the outcome. If we're going to sign away our future to a covert fascist dictatorship I might as well get a weekend away out of it.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 08:26 - Jun 23 with 1843 viewsdaveB

Anyone who thinks immigration will go down if we leave is barmy imo, no one has actually promised that would happen

All that will happen if we leave is we'll have to renegotiate with the EU and have to accept similar numbers coming in anyway but we'll pay more for it. Whether we remain or leave I don't think the future is bright for this country and the NHS will be gone soon either way
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 08:31 - Jun 23 with 1835 viewsMytch_QPR

It's been an interesting and occasionally volatile thread. Rightly so, because people are passionate about it.

For those voting to leave, remember you do so with the approval of such luminaries as Sol Campbell, Joan Collins and Donald Trump.

Donald Trump.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 08:38 - Jun 23 with 1824 views1BobbyHazell

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 08:31 - Jun 23 by Mytch_QPR

It's been an interesting and occasionally volatile thread. Rightly so, because people are passionate about it.

For those voting to leave, remember you do so with the approval of such luminaries as Sol Campbell, Joan Collins and Donald Trump.

Donald Trump.

Listing who people are having to align themselves with on this is as weak a point as it gets. The devil knows better than to have a foot in only one camp .

George Osborne, Tony Blair and Goldman Sachs
[Post edited 23 Jun 2016 8:41]
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 08:42 - Jun 23 with 1812 viewsMytch_QPR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 08:38 - Jun 23 by 1BobbyHazell

Listing who people are having to align themselves with on this is as weak a point as it gets. The devil knows better than to have a foot in only one camp .

George Osborne, Tony Blair and Goldman Sachs
[Post edited 23 Jun 2016 8:41]

Point taken, it was a bit flippant.

The arguments have been done to death really, so it's down to the public. I just think there is so much ignorance out there over what this vote is all about. I met an elderly lady yesterday who was convinced that there were two new political parties - IN and OUT and that we were holding a general election.

Maybe, on reflection, she was not wrong.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 08:49 - Jun 23 with 1794 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I voted out.

I argued at a Freston Society debate in '94 why we should leave so no change there.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:30 - Jun 23 with 1756 viewspaulparker

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 08:31 - Jun 23 by Mytch_QPR

Donald Trump.

Or listen to such luminaries like the Beckhams Eddie Izzard , bob geldorf & Daniel craig and vote to remain In
no thanks

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:34 - Jun 23 with 1750 viewsBrightonhoop

Top tip: Buy your holiday Euros today, £ is over 1.30 to the Euro, highest for months, if it's an out pound will collapse to at best 1.08 with interest rates rapidly heading north to support it.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:37 - Jun 23 with 1743 viewsMrSheen

Latest grudging Euro concession: Germans will accept Geoff Hurst's goal if we stay in.

http://www.bild.de/politik/ausland/brexit/liebe-briten-wenn-ihr-bleibt-46447820.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:39 - Jun 23 with 1739 viewsTacticalR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 08:42 - Jun 23 by Mytch_QPR

Point taken, it was a bit flippant.

The arguments have been done to death really, so it's down to the public. I just think there is so much ignorance out there over what this vote is all about. I met an elderly lady yesterday who was convinced that there were two new political parties - IN and OUT and that we were holding a general election.

Maybe, on reflection, she was not wrong.

Don't forget SHAKE IT ALL ABOUT.

Air hostess clique

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:42 - Jun 23 with 1731 viewsMytch_QPR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:39 - Jun 23 by TacticalR

Don't forget SHAKE IT ALL ABOUT.

SHAKE IT ALL ABOUT are the liberal democrats of this election, sadly all but forgotten despite having some sensible policies.

Their real issue is that no celebrity is willing to back them.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:52 - Jun 23 with 1720 viewsloftboy

Just voted out, no wobble,straight in the booth and cross in the out box, still think remain might edge it. The big question tomorrow will be how does Cameron deal with a pissed off half a country.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:08 - Jun 23 with 2646 viewsmartincook

My thanks to everyone whose thoughts I've had the honour to read on this thread. There've been a couple of mild punch-ups, nothing wrong with that, sometimes it's got a bit acrimonious but the overall level of discussion has been way above the stuff we've been bombarded with in the media. Also, the humour makes this MB what it is. It's been a pleasure, as essextaxiboy put it, having a kickabout with you. Whatever the result, let's stick together, be positive wherever possible. I'm not blaming anyone for their point of view, neither here nor anywhere else, not today or any day in the future. Tomorrow morning we'll be at the beginning, not the end, and division will provide the enemies of reason with easy pickings. For starters, let's get down to LR first day of the season and make sure the Rs stick one up the Champions of Europe.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:13 - Jun 23 with 2633 viewsPinnerPaul

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:08 - Jun 23 by martincook

My thanks to everyone whose thoughts I've had the honour to read on this thread. There've been a couple of mild punch-ups, nothing wrong with that, sometimes it's got a bit acrimonious but the overall level of discussion has been way above the stuff we've been bombarded with in the media. Also, the humour makes this MB what it is. It's been a pleasure, as essextaxiboy put it, having a kickabout with you. Whatever the result, let's stick together, be positive wherever possible. I'm not blaming anyone for their point of view, neither here nor anywhere else, not today or any day in the future. Tomorrow morning we'll be at the beginning, not the end, and division will provide the enemies of reason with easy pickings. For starters, let's get down to LR first day of the season and make sure the Rs stick one up the Champions of Europe.

3rd day of the season actually

Good post though and actually much more meaningful debate on here than in the media for the most part
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:16 - Jun 23 with 2615 viewsCHUBBS

Fascist communist dictatorship or the establishment,not a difficult choice for anyone who believes in freedom.
As has been said to death neither one is ideal however the eu is accelerating toward a modern day slavery system.
The hilarious part of all the name calling and handbags is the 'fascist' term was used by the I unenlightened remain thugs as a stick to beat the outers with.
It will be a remain vote and you'll have nothing to complain about.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:25 - Jun 23 with 2602 viewsDorse

Today's LFW ad reads: 'Turkey is joining the EU. It shares a 219 mile border with Iraq. Vote Leave'. Nice use of random facts there.

Just make it stop.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024