Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
massive overeaction 15:36 - Aug 24 with 8021 viewsessextaxiboy

I didnt see any lack of effort , A top 6 side at their ground for the first time this season . handball Imo before the second goal [i was sitting right there) Matt Phillips scores and its a different game . 2 new signings . We will be fine . Load of bollix on the match thread .
massive overeaction on 22:00 - Aug 24 with 1386 viewseastside_r

massive overeaction on 21:37 - Aug 24 by ted_hendrix

Of course its only August, I figured that out way back on the 1st August.

I take on board what supporters around me whom I was sat with today as a good benchmark for the overall performance, not just mine, and by half time the game was over in fact a fair few of our fans were out of the gate and gone when the half time whistle went.
The general opinion of fans around me throughout the game and walking back to the station was that we were bloody poor.
I was bitterly disappointed with our short passing going astray, at this level that shouldn't be happening, we were pulling out of tackles, losing 50-50 balls and what in the name of fck knows what was Traore doing in the first minute of the game? I don't want to beat our own individual players with a stick but from the very first whistle they must be ready to go, in this league there are no second chances.

I still don't think people are overreacting and whilst I take on board the fact that its only the second game of the season that was a very abject performance today, well in my eyes it was.

Pretty much agree with that. I am very far from a 'doom and gloomer' but we were exceptionally poor today, especially first half and we noticeably improved with Bobby Z and Ale on. However, by that stage I think the Spurs were going through the motions.

I don't really like to single out individuals in a poor team performance but Dunne and Phillips were awful, Fer I can only hope was not fit and did not understand his role; he was abject.

I will punish myself watching MOTD2 later to clarify, but did anyone else think Green could have done better with the first two goals?
massive overeaction on 02:42 - Aug 25 with 1242 viewsSt_Christopher

Everybody's forgetting that our second game of every season is always a shocker. It's just that most years it happens in the League Cup 1st round instead.

They mostly come out at night, mostly!

massive overeaction on 08:47 - Aug 25 with 1152 viewsrichpr

looks like i am in a minority of 2 but I didn't see it as lack of effort - yes, new players were off the pace - yes, you can see they dont like this 3 5 2 system that HR obsesses about - game would have been different if Phillips had scored at 1-0 - everything went right for spurs - even the pass for adeybeyors goal was deflected straight into his path - still cant see anything wrong with the Rose own goal - no doubt Spurs were much better but it was not down to lack of effort. 2 games in and the majority on LFW have given up - I dont want a team full of Scot Parkers, Sidwells, Cattermoles - all guts and no skill.
massive overeaction on 08:50 - Aug 25 with 1144 viewsDiscodroid

watching essx taxi defend himself on this thread is nearly as bad as lfw very own steven biko, kroptkin, packing up his troubles in his old public school lunch box to go and live in gaza, where punks skins and rasta's will praise the peoples poet.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

massive overeaction on 08:53 - Aug 25 with 1141 viewsGroveR

HALF-TIME Tottenham 3-0 QPR
Former Blackburn striker Jason Roberts - BBC Radio 5 live summariser at White Hart Lane
"What QPR have to do is quite simple - run about and work harder."

In the words of Gentleman Jim...

"Only those who have patience to do simple things perfectly ever acquire the skill to do difficult things easily."
massive overeaction on 09:10 - Aug 25 with 1113 viewsessextaxiboy

massive overeaction on 08:50 - Aug 25 by Discodroid

watching essx taxi defend himself on this thread is nearly as bad as lfw very own steven biko, kroptkin, packing up his troubles in his old public school lunch box to go and live in gaza, where punks skins and rasta's will praise the peoples poet.

Well at least I started this thread with my own opinion of a game that I saw rather than starting one with a link to some newspaper piece or other .
massive overeaction on 09:17 - Aug 25 with 1099 viewsTheBlob

massive overeaction on 08:47 - Aug 25 by richpr

looks like i am in a minority of 2 but I didn't see it as lack of effort - yes, new players were off the pace - yes, you can see they dont like this 3 5 2 system that HR obsesses about - game would have been different if Phillips had scored at 1-0 - everything went right for spurs - even the pass for adeybeyors goal was deflected straight into his path - still cant see anything wrong with the Rose own goal - no doubt Spurs were much better but it was not down to lack of effort. 2 games in and the majority on LFW have given up - I dont want a team full of Scot Parkers, Sidwells, Cattermoles - all guts and no skill.

I just saw the human equivalent of rabbits caught in headlights.
Time to trot out the motivational therapist.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

massive overeaction on 09:20 - Aug 25 with 1085 viewsDiscodroid

massive overeaction on 09:10 - Aug 25 by essextaxiboy

Well at least I started this thread with my own opinion of a game that I saw rather than starting one with a link to some newspaper piece or other .

why who done that then?

dont test my minerals on qpr my old chum , been going since 1977, start a thread by all means but dont slag off people whose judgement is different from yours in it. as 'bollix'.

im happy to annhilate you in the comfort of your own beaded back rest anytime you want.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2014 9:21]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Login to get fewer ads

massive overeaction on 09:20 - Aug 25 with 1084 viewsJalfrezi_Rs

ive slept on the harry waiving dilemma as some good points made on here about Olly acknowledging us if we played millwall. Ive realised it wasn't Harry waiving that hurt yesterday, it was the fact that he was rooted to his bench and seemed to have no interaction with the players on the pitch who were being run ragged. Their coach was on his feet the whole game, directing the players from that box painted on the floor just in front of the benches (and a tad further when he got the chance). Harry wants to try finding it coz that's the difference, Olly would be in there managing his Millwall players whilst having a minute to acknowledge the QPR fans

On the bright side, we had the best ever kebab from a Turkish café across the road, and no delli belly this morning either
massive overeaction on 09:25 - Aug 25 with 1066 viewsDANRANGER

It was awful but it's done and I imagine hoddle wrote an essay on it. There was no game plan. We didn't press we didn't sit back we were just 10 yards from them most of the time. When we did have the ball we couldn't progress up the pitch in
Possession. Faurlin should have started and hoilett also but without a team plan may have made little difference. Back to basics please, track players, communicate, pass to a teammate.

If he isn't ready to use faurlin then he needs another ball winner in midfield as fer and Mutch aren't that. Austin a big miss as he is a focal point for us and Zamora is only a 10'minute alternative.

No panic but once again awful tactics away from home and need to realise we can't just choose 11 and expect results, bit more to it than that. Formation has a big question mark on it but away from home I'd play 4 at the back with Simpson and nedum in it. 3 at the back at home if he wants to persist with it.
massive overeaction on 09:27 - Aug 25 with 1056 viewsessextaxiboy

massive overeaction on 09:20 - Aug 25 by Discodroid

why who done that then?

dont test my minerals on qpr my old chum , been going since 1977, start a thread by all means but dont slag off people whose judgement is different from yours in it. as 'bollix'.

im happy to annhilate you in the comfort of your own beaded back rest anytime you want.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2014 9:21]

If I meant you I would have said you . I suppose I could
have not replied to your post and just posted it ..
[Post edited 25 Aug 2014 9:29]
massive overeaction on 09:36 - Aug 25 with 1030 viewsLoft1979

massive overeaction on 09:25 - Aug 25 by DANRANGER

It was awful but it's done and I imagine hoddle wrote an essay on it. There was no game plan. We didn't press we didn't sit back we were just 10 yards from them most of the time. When we did have the ball we couldn't progress up the pitch in
Possession. Faurlin should have started and hoilett also but without a team plan may have made little difference. Back to basics please, track players, communicate, pass to a teammate.

If he isn't ready to use faurlin then he needs another ball winner in midfield as fer and Mutch aren't that. Austin a big miss as he is a focal point for us and Zamora is only a 10'minute alternative.

No panic but once again awful tactics away from home and need to realise we can't just choose 11 and expect results, bit more to it than that. Formation has a big question mark on it but away from home I'd play 4 at the back with Simpson and nedum in it. 3 at the back at home if he wants to persist with it.

1. HR might want change but I agree that the 3-5-2 model has not done well for us. I would go for that 4-4-2 away, 3-5-2 home approach. I think QPR are best as a defensive team creating few chances, and giving away few chances.
massive overeaction on 09:39 - Aug 25 with 1024 viewsandygg

''I didnt see any lack of effort.''

Really????

Specsavers.
massive overeaction on 09:39 - Aug 25 with 1019 viewsDiscodroid

essex taxi..
its good to see a man feed off his emotions even one who drives a kublewagen as a taxi as harrys chief reichmarschall of propaganda .

but fair do's essextaxi, were from the same manor, and i respect your principles re harry. i certainly wasnt calling fer shit and slagging remy off etc etc, thats justs daft.

but the performance was dire, and playing dunne instead of ned flys in the face of any reason that i can see.

also to say the game turned on phillips miss is , just in my opinion, how can i put this..not correct.

didnt expect to win or get a draw, but the 50/50's were lost and that traore 5 yard pass that went in to touch straight after their 4th goal...well..words fail me.

another corner..another goal...

seeing kabul doing step overs in our penalty area was a bit like watching bltyh spartans take on liverpool at anfield in an fa cup tie in 1978..

we all need a bit of venting after yesterday.

gawd blimey.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2014 10:23]

massive overeaction on 10:14 - Aug 25 with 964 viewsWatfordR

My view

1. We got handed a reminder of the basics of playing Prem football. Spurs played at Prem pace, we played at Championship pace. We will get mullered 9 times out of 10 in the Prem playing that way.

2. Spurs closed us down quickly and in number every time we got to the half way line and beyond., and inevitably lost the ball. We gave them time and space everywhere and got picked apart.

3. Back three absolutely shambolic. We won't win a single game defending so poorly.

4. If that all sounds pessimistic, actually that wasn't how I felt at the end of the day. We are having to build a squad playing a new system as the season progresses, and that is always going to be tough. Pre season friendlies are a waste of time in such circumstances, we are essentially doing our pre season work as we go, and hopefully things will improve with time. We have a squad with decent pace and athleticism, much more so than at any time I can remember, and if the coaching is up to scratch, we will be okay eventually.

5. Big concern for me is the standard of coaching and tactical awareness. We gave away goals from numerous set pieces in the second half of last season, and have done so again in both games so far. That's unacceptable for me. Basic stuff which should be put right in very short order. There isn't anyone anywhere outside of our management team thinks that Dunne should start ahead of Onuoha in the Prem. Shoving Fer into the team when clearly unprepared ahead of Faurlin who has taken part in a full preseason and played well is monumentally stupid, and perhaps not just a little damaging to team morale. We may well have gotten away with basic preparation and a bit of spirit in the Championship, but in the Prem that will be exposed game in game out. If our current management team are more capable than the previous lot, they'll step up and get us sorted. We've got a decent squad, good enough to stay up. Now we'll see if the management and coaching set up is Prem standard.
massive overeaction on 10:42 - Aug 25 with 931 viewsqprewan

massive overeaction on 10:14 - Aug 25 by WatfordR

My view

1. We got handed a reminder of the basics of playing Prem football. Spurs played at Prem pace, we played at Championship pace. We will get mullered 9 times out of 10 in the Prem playing that way.

2. Spurs closed us down quickly and in number every time we got to the half way line and beyond., and inevitably lost the ball. We gave them time and space everywhere and got picked apart.

3. Back three absolutely shambolic. We won't win a single game defending so poorly.

4. If that all sounds pessimistic, actually that wasn't how I felt at the end of the day. We are having to build a squad playing a new system as the season progresses, and that is always going to be tough. Pre season friendlies are a waste of time in such circumstances, we are essentially doing our pre season work as we go, and hopefully things will improve with time. We have a squad with decent pace and athleticism, much more so than at any time I can remember, and if the coaching is up to scratch, we will be okay eventually.

5. Big concern for me is the standard of coaching and tactical awareness. We gave away goals from numerous set pieces in the second half of last season, and have done so again in both games so far. That's unacceptable for me. Basic stuff which should be put right in very short order. There isn't anyone anywhere outside of our management team thinks that Dunne should start ahead of Onuoha in the Prem. Shoving Fer into the team when clearly unprepared ahead of Faurlin who has taken part in a full preseason and played well is monumentally stupid, and perhaps not just a little damaging to team morale. We may well have gotten away with basic preparation and a bit of spirit in the Championship, but in the Prem that will be exposed game in game out. If our current management team are more capable than the previous lot, they'll step up and get us sorted. We've got a decent squad, good enough to stay up. Now we'll see if the management and coaching set up is Prem standard.

spot on; what depressed me most was after 5 minutes I said to my son we are going to get muller ed it was all so obvious. I can't really fault the effort we were just outclassed. what was strange was the fact that we had clearly decided not to press the ball at all- never will the Spurs team and their fans get such a free lunch. The clip they showed on motd where we didn't get near the ball for around 2 minutes was disgraceful and this was the pattern of the entire 1st half. It was almost like we have become so obsessed with this new system that the players were in some sort of training mode where the object was to keep the team shape and formation; sadly we were in a London derby and they apparently forgot that tackling is actually a pretty important component of the game!
The other worrying thing is that none of the new players except perhaps Caulk er looked any good. I wasn't that bothered by Harry's wave but like another poster was much more annoyed by his selection of favourite such as Dunne and his refusal to have any involvement from the touchline; I strongly suspect it is because he has nothing to actually say.
The only good thing for me yesterday was that I unexpectedly ended up at Carnival for the 1st time in years along with my QPR shirt and it was heartening to be greeted by so many other Rangers fans there. A half bottle of rum reduced the misery of the game but today it's back to reality which is I think going to be another long hard season....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024