Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
massive overeaction 15:36 - Aug 24 with 8022 viewsessextaxiboy

I didnt see any lack of effort , A top 6 side at their ground for the first time this season . handball Imo before the second goal [i was sitting right there) Matt Phillips scores and its a different game . 2 new signings . We will be fine . Load of bollix on the match thread .
massive overeaction on 17:05 - Aug 24 with 2139 viewscorse

ok its just two games and spurs were very good but so far i havent seen anything that suggests we could avoid relegation this season.
dunne is awful, traore is a mid championship player at most, mutch has been very poor and ferdinand is just slow and occasionally in right position. mostly not.
first game for fer and isla but cannot say either of them did anything. especially fer was really poor.
in two games barton has been the only one to show any kind of decent play.
remy wont score cause he gets no balls. huge gap between him and midfield.
not good. not good at all.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2014 17:07]
massive overeaction on 17:12 - Aug 24 with 2111 viewsessextaxiboy

massive overeaction on 17:02 - Aug 24 by paulparker

All week he has gone, on and on about his welcome
Well he got it,nothing about us or what he wants to
Achieve, it's a part time gig for him
Quick question Essex in hindsight should Hughes have been
Sacked after Swansea 5-0, the answer is yes today's performance was worst
He should go,

Answer ..no . he should have been sacked after the defeat at home to West Ham .And he didnt go on about his return the press did .
[Post edited 24 Aug 2014 17:16]
massive overeaction on 17:40 - Aug 24 with 2055 viewsthemodfather

spurs were over us like a rash
over reaction? too what...spurs wanted at us so much they charged before the kick off...
too slow and too old qpr....
phillips had to scorefor 1-1 and after that, it was mainly all spurs...handball for the 2nd etc, 3 qpr stood as the spurs lad headed home!
the 3rd..unmarked, 2 of them, 2 unmarked
don't over react??? remy lost it too easy, traore looks lost...overall not good enough...spurs contenders? grow up, tell that to an arsenal or chelsea fan and get laughed at, we were bad.
if qpr fans are happy at a 4-0 drubbing, well sit back and enjoy more.
we have spent and teams do need time to settle, but in this lge you must take chances, 1-1 and maybe?? for the record...i think burton are unbeaten.
massive overeaction on 17:59 - Aug 24 with 2031 viewsMatch82

Sky is falling? No.
Terrible, terrible performance? Absolutely.

Dunne in particular was awful in the first half and none of the midfield three did themselves any credit with their inability to hold onto the ball.

I don't think we need to rush into making changes to formation etc, we've made a lot of changes to the squad getting these players in, let's give it more than one game before jumping off a cliff. What didn't work against spurs might work against other teams (seemed to play ok against hull), especially if they have more time to gel.
massive overeaction on 18:00 - Aug 24 with 2027 viewsessextaxiboy

massive overeaction on 17:40 - Aug 24 by themodfather

spurs were over us like a rash
over reaction? too what...spurs wanted at us so much they charged before the kick off...
too slow and too old qpr....
phillips had to scorefor 1-1 and after that, it was mainly all spurs...handball for the 2nd etc, 3 qpr stood as the spurs lad headed home!
the 3rd..unmarked, 2 of them, 2 unmarked
don't over react??? remy lost it too easy, traore looks lost...overall not good enough...spurs contenders? grow up, tell that to an arsenal or chelsea fan and get laughed at, we were bad.
if qpr fans are happy at a 4-0 drubbing, well sit back and enjoy more.
we have spent and teams do need time to settle, but in this lge you must take chances, 1-1 and maybe?? for the record...i think burton are unbeaten.

Self flagellation and handwringing and its not September yet ... and you want me to grow up .
massive overeaction on 18:11 - Aug 24 with 1999 viewsted_hendrix

Just got back, overreaction to what the match thread?

We were dreadful and embarrassing and tbh one of the things I look for in a loss is positives, there weren't any.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

massive overeaction on 18:15 - Aug 24 with 1985 viewsJuzzie

massive overeaction on 18:11 - Aug 24 by ted_hendrix

We were dreadful and embarrassing and tbh one of the things I look for in a loss is positives, there weren't any.

The only positive for me is it wasn't raining and had a good motorbike journey. Last time we played these I got soaked before the game just going from where I parked the car to the ground.
massive overeaction on 18:33 - Aug 24 with 1921 viewsessextaxiboy

massive overeaction on 18:11 - Aug 24 by ted_hendrix

What about Barton , Caulker , Remy , Faurlin Onouha . We kept 11 on the pitch , No injuries . An away game against a top side out of the way . It wasnt a cricket score . Its only August...
Login to get fewer ads

massive overeaction on 18:43 - Aug 24 with 1892 viewstoboboly

Disagree that there was any effort put in by most of the players. Green and Rio looked appalled every time they had to pick the ball out of the net at the carnage around them.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

massive overeaction on 18:43 - Aug 24 with 1883 viewsDiscodroid

so the great 3-5-2 plan lasted 135 minutes.

i love it when a plan comes together.

the defence today should have read

larry graysons mate, everarde--honky tonk-----gloria beaumont------mr humphries.

utter crap.

was this the pre match warm up muisic??

"they love their cocoa you know"
[Post edited 24 Aug 2014 18:47]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

massive overeaction on 18:50 - Aug 24 with 1866 viewsDiscodroid

fk me , i watched 'the man who fell to earth' the other night, that made more sense than playing dunne.

never mind lads, we can cheer ourselves up with what harry and rio think about the title race and man utds 200 million war chest in various newspapers tmrw!!

[Post edited 24 Aug 2014 18:52]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

massive overeaction on 19:25 - Aug 24 with 1807 viewsdenhamhoop2

Well for me the worrying thing about today was the fact in the 1st half every 50/50 ball was Spurs and they bullied us physically at times.This is Spurs a team not known for its physicallity.The system is geared to make up for 2 centre backs with no pace.Today Traore was asked to defend and failed miserably.The ball never stuck up front as Remy just isnt a target man thought only Caulker and Barton from the starting line up showed anything today.Mutch seems to not have a position.With a little luck Harry will realise that Nedum has to play and well we could do with a left back who can defend.
We were so bad we made Danny Rose look good and he isn't
massive overeaction on 20:18 - Aug 24 with 1717 viewsstuabd

Usual Essextaxiboy nonsense after a bad game. We were dreadful today. No one is saying we're getting relegated or anything like that. No calls for the manager to go, just some honest fans bemoaning a totally inept performance from our team.

If you honestly believe that Philipps scoring would have changed that game you really need to watch the match again.
massive overeaction on 20:19 - Aug 24 with 1715 viewsquickpassrotter

What have we been doing all week to forget to ''start'' the game when the whistle blew - got onto the back foot immediately - did not compete effectively for the ball. Tottenham really up for it and worked so hard. If our players thought that they worked hard today - think again. Need to work so hard to compete with naturally better opposition players. And, the old story especially in the Prem - you got to take your chance(s) especially when under the cosh. A very disappointing day.
And how many more Kebab shops can you squeeze in on Tottenham High Road ?
massive overeaction on 20:22 - Aug 24 with 1629 viewsAntti_Heinola

massive overeaction on 18:33 - Aug 24 by essextaxiboy

What about Barton , Caulker , Remy , Faurlin Onouha . We kept 11 on the pitch , No injuries . An away game against a top side out of the way . It wasnt a cricket score . Its only August...

Essex, come on, I have some sympathy for you mate, (not a lot, but some, you're trying hard to defend your corner - respec' and all that) but four of your 'positives' are:

1. No one got sent off
2. It wasn't 100-1.
3. No one pulled a hammy.
4. The date.

That is superb. Glass half empty? When you finish a pint you must keep drinking for half an hour convinced you've only just started!

However, it is far too early to panic. Personally, I don't think Redknapp can cut it as a manager anymore, but I sincerely hope he proves me wrong. I said before the game it would be interesting to see how the back 3 did considering Spurs were playing only one up top. I'm not sure Harry had any plan for countering that at all.

Still, we'll probably roar back next week!

Bare bones.

massive overeaction on 20:27 - Aug 24 with 1620 viewsterryb

We did not win one tackle in the first half.

Is that not a lack of effort? The game was crying out for a Rangers player to make a full blooded challenge but every single one of them bottled it!

Thankfully, far to little & to late, the second half was an improvement.
massive overeaction on 20:43 - Aug 24 with 1590 viewsessextaxiboy

massive overeaction on 20:18 - Aug 24 by stuabd

Usual Essextaxiboy nonsense after a bad game. We were dreadful today. No one is saying we're getting relegated or anything like that. No calls for the manager to go, just some honest fans bemoaning a totally inept performance from our team.

If you honestly believe that Philipps scoring would have changed that game you really need to watch the match again.

Show me my post where I said we played ok today .
massive overeaction on 20:57 - Aug 24 with 1569 viewsstuabd

massive overeaction on 20:43 - Aug 24 by essextaxiboy

Show me my post where I said we played ok today .

Fair enough you didn't say that directly but reading your OP you seemed to infer that we did alright and just got outplayed by a very good team.

I still can't see why people shouldn't let off some steam after a performance like that.

Basically I can't understand why you'd start a thread like this.

To me we saw a decent team in Spurs but we made it pretty easy for them. We were very poor.
massive overeaction on 20:58 - Aug 24 with 1567 viewsessextaxiboy

massive overeaction on 20:22 - Aug 24 by Antti_Heinola

Essex, come on, I have some sympathy for you mate, (not a lot, but some, you're trying hard to defend your corner - respec' and all that) but four of your 'positives' are:

1. No one got sent off
2. It wasn't 100-1.
3. No one pulled a hammy.
4. The date.

That is superb. Glass half empty? When you finish a pint you must keep drinking for half an hour convinced you've only just started!

However, it is far too early to panic. Personally, I don't think Redknapp can cut it as a manager anymore, but I sincerely hope he proves me wrong. I said before the game it would be interesting to see how the back 3 did considering Spurs were playing only one up top. I'm not sure Harry had any plan for countering that at all.

Still, we'll probably roar back next week!

Ok , some of my positives are a bit dodgy , but the players I mentioned did ok in a below par performance. My OP mentioned effort which I thought was ok .I didnt see any player who looked like they didnt care . What is wrong with living with a half full glass ? Whats the worst that can happen ?
massive overeaction on 21:24 - Aug 24 with 1528 viewsessextaxiboy

massive overeaction on 20:57 - Aug 24 by stuabd

Fair enough you didn't say that directly but reading your OP you seemed to infer that we did alright and just got outplayed by a very good team.

I still can't see why people shouldn't let off some steam after a performance like that.

Basically I can't understand why you'd start a thread like this.

To me we saw a decent team in Spurs but we made it pretty easy for them. We were very poor.

Reading the match thread in the pub after the game I thought there was a massive overeaction . One post said " Fer is shite" ... on the strength of an hours play in his first game . They beat West Ham away last week , who beat Palace away this week ...its too early to dig our team out ...IMO
massive overeaction on 21:36 - Aug 24 with 1501 viewsLoftusRdW12

massive overeaction on 20:58 - Aug 24 by essextaxiboy

Ok , some of my positives are a bit dodgy , but the players I mentioned did ok in a below par performance. My OP mentioned effort which I thought was ok .I didnt see any player who looked like they didnt care . What is wrong with living with a half full glass ? Whats the worst that can happen ?

I felt like i was on another planet at times today. Surrounded by aliens. We were awful but some of the abuse was ridiculous. One bloke literally tore his hair out. In front of my very eyes! Then left..

"I still don't know who scored our first and third goals. I'll have a look tonight." Neil Warnock

massive overeaction on 21:37 - Aug 24 with 1497 viewsted_hendrix

massive overeaction on 18:33 - Aug 24 by essextaxiboy

Of course its only August, I figured that out way back on the 1st August.

I take on board what supporters around me whom I was sat with today as a good benchmark for the overall performance, not just mine, and by half time the game was over in fact a fair few of our fans were out of the gate and gone when the half time whistle went.
The general opinion of fans around me throughout the game and walking back to the station was that we were bloody poor.
I was bitterly disappointed with our short passing going astray, at this level that shouldn't be happening, we were pulling out of tackles, losing 50-50 balls and what in the name of fck knows what was Traore doing in the first minute of the game? I don't want to beat our own individual players with a stick but from the very first whistle they must be ready to go, in this league there are no second chances.

I still don't think people are overreacting and whilst I take on board the fact that its only the second game of the season that was a very abject performance today, well in my eyes it was.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

massive overeaction on 21:42 - Aug 24 with 1482 viewsloftboy

massive overeaction on 21:37 - Aug 24 by ted_hendrix

Of course its only August, I figured that out way back on the 1st August.

I take on board what supporters around me whom I was sat with today as a good benchmark for the overall performance, not just mine, and by half time the game was over in fact a fair few of our fans were out of the gate and gone when the half time whistle went.
The general opinion of fans around me throughout the game and walking back to the station was that we were bloody poor.
I was bitterly disappointed with our short passing going astray, at this level that shouldn't be happening, we were pulling out of tackles, losing 50-50 balls and what in the name of fck knows what was Traore doing in the first minute of the game? I don't want to beat our own individual players with a stick but from the very first whistle they must be ready to go, in this league there are no second chances.

I still don't think people are overreacting and whilst I take on board the fact that its only the second game of the season that was a very abject performance today, well in my eyes it was.

You were a few rows in front of me Ted, I called you as you left but I think the boos ringing out blocked me out.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

massive overeaction on 21:54 - Aug 24 with 1448 viewsMatch82

massive overeaction on 20:18 - Aug 24 by stuabd

I wish you were right, but unfortunately there ARE people saying exactly that...
massive overeaction on 21:55 - Aug 24 with 1405 viewsjamois

Essex - that was a shocker eh? Not the game mind, the thread. Mind you, 50 comments and counting, must be doing something right. But I have to ask you once again - are you Harry in disguise?!!

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024