Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer rumours 2024 19:24 - Apr 28 with 713226 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Started already since we thumped the Yorkshire Massive so going early.

Apparently we are linked with Bosun Lawal. Celtic, on loan at Fleetwood, centre midfield or centre back. 20 years old, Irish apparently.

Feel free to add as they come in !
Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:21 - Sep 6 with 6069 viewsLazyFan

Famara Diédhiou is available on a free.

Had a bad time abroad and then came back to the Champ on loan for the later half of the season. So, stats look bad until he comes back to the Champ and gets 2 in 16. Still poor, but that being thrown into the Champ late so, he could possibly return to previous Brizzle form still and be a useful backup player to Celar if Celar has to play as Frey is injured.

We could offer a 1+1 (on our side). Maybe useful when chasing the game to throw a big man up front who knows the Champ. Chris Martins style. If he's rubbish the gamble was only one season and move him on. If he's still got it then we have a rare useful forward in the Champ.

This is all conjecture, as even Billy The Fish won't troll this nonsense.

zzzzzzzzzz

Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:22 - Sep 6 with 6060 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:28 - Sep 6 by Kensal_Ranger

The next key date is when squads have to be registered.

If a club leaves space in its registration, a free agent can be signed and can play for his new club, regardless of whether he became a free agent before or after the transfer window.

Is my understanding…

I’m going to give up trying to explain that this isn’t true. Anyone else fancy a go?
Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:32 - Sep 6 with 5966 viewskensalriser

Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:22 - Sep 6 by Padulas_Shampoo

I’m going to give up trying to explain that this isn’t true. Anyone else fancy a go?

I'll wait until we know the results of QPR John's legal challenge.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:53 - Sep 6 with 5863 viewsKensal_Ranger

Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:22 - Sep 6 by Padulas_Shampoo

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c2edj1wwg77o

Extract:
Can Premier League clubs sign players outside of the transfer window?
Yes. Clubs can sign free agents - players who are not contracted to another club - at any time.
However, unless there is space in a club's registered squad or the player is under the age of 21, new signings must wait until the next registration period before they can play for the club.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:06 - Sep 6 with 5509 viewsLblock

Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:21 - Sep 6 by LazyFan

Famara Diédhiou is available on a free.

Had a bad time abroad and then came back to the Champ on loan for the later half of the season. So, stats look bad until he comes back to the Champ and gets 2 in 16. Still poor, but that being thrown into the Champ late so, he could possibly return to previous Brizzle form still and be a useful backup player to Celar if Celar has to play as Frey is injured.

We could offer a 1+1 (on our side). Maybe useful when chasing the game to throw a big man up front who knows the Champ. Chris Martins style. If he's rubbish the gamble was only one season and move him on. If he's still got it then we have a rare useful forward in the Champ.

This is all conjecture, as even Billy The Fish won't troll this nonsense.

Pay as you play?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:48 - Sep 6 with 5301 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:53 - Sep 6 by Kensal_Ranger

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c2edj1wwg77o

Extract:
Can Premier League clubs sign players outside of the transfer window?
Yes. Clubs can sign free agents - players who are not contracted to another club - at any time.
However, unless there is space in a club's registered squad or the player is under the age of 21, new signings must wait until the next registration period before they can play for the club.

Just going to ignore the three links I’ve already posted that explain the free agents have to have been free agents at the close of the transfer window?
Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:33 - Sep 7 with 4719 viewsdavman

Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:48 - Sep 6 by Padulas_Shampoo

Just going to ignore the three links I’ve already posted that explain the free agents have to have been free agents at the close of the transfer window?

Leave it, mate, walk away, walk away! If they don't want to get it, then let them not get it. I think that you were very, very clear.

No-one can claim to be a "free agent" if they were released outside of a transfer window.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:38 - Sep 7 with 4703 viewsdavman

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:11 - Sep 6 by SimplyNico

Player registration - Article 6.1 of this link: https://acrobat.adobe.com/id/urn:aaid:sc:EU:c5219234-c848-4fb4-a8c5-eec038a547e8

If the contract had terminated by mutual agreement, it ends on the date the parties agree.

Come on, Nico - if anyone is going to say something DEFINITIVE on this thread, it has to be you, right?

I'm with Padula's in that my understanding is that whilst players can be paid off during the window and technically I guess they can be picked up by other clubs, BUT the Football League would not allow them to be registered by another club to play in any competition. So, whilst legally, they cannot stop any company from employing anyone who is eligible for that job, they CAN stop them playing in their compeition.

Is that right?

In other words, if Hayden was under contract to Newcastle when the window shuts and then gets released by mutual consent, then he can get offered a contract by a new club, but cannot be registered until the January Transfer Window.

Can we go out yet?

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:37 - Sep 7 with 4225 viewsR_from_afar

Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:06 - Sep 6 by Lblock

Pay as you play?

Someone ring the glossary bell 🔔

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:29 - Sep 7 with 3942 viewsQPR_John

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:33 - Sep 7 by davman

Leave it, mate, walk away, walk away! If they don't want to get it, then let them not get it. I think that you were very, very clear.

No-one can claim to be a "free agent" if they were released outside of a transfer window.

I don’t see the point of the rule if it is actually the case. If it did occur it would only be a free transfer and clearly the “owning” club not wanting the player. In which case why not cancel the contract on the last day of the window
[Post edited 7 Sep 13:29]
Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:56 - Sep 7 with 3575 viewsdavman

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:29 - Sep 7 by QPR_John

I don’t see the point of the rule if it is actually the case. If it did occur it would only be a free transfer and clearly the “owning” club not wanting the player. In which case why not cancel the contract on the last day of the window
[Post edited 7 Sep 13:29]

I guess its something to do with cashflow, but you may have gathered I am no expert!

The other reason is that it would open things up to corruption. Buying club helps selling club by agreeing to cover part of the buy out by giving the incoming player a huge signing on fee; effectively a transfer fee... That sort of thing...

Can we go out yet?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 06:18 - Sep 8 with 2715 viewsSimplyNico

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:38 - Sep 7 by davman

Come on, Nico - if anyone is going to say something DEFINITIVE on this thread, it has to be you, right?

I'm with Padula's in that my understanding is that whilst players can be paid off during the window and technically I guess they can be picked up by other clubs, BUT the Football League would not allow them to be registered by another club to play in any competition. So, whilst legally, they cannot stop any company from employing anyone who is eligible for that job, they CAN stop them playing in their compeition.

Is that right?

In other words, if Hayden was under contract to Newcastle when the window shuts and then gets released by mutual consent, then he can get offered a contract by a new club, but cannot be registered until the January Transfer Window.

I'm with Padul's Shampoo - but he knows that!

The link I attached is the FIFA Player Transfer rules. You can only register a player in the two registration periods (transfer windows), the exception being a professional whose contract has expired prior to the end of a registration period may be registered outside that registration period.

That is, if a player still has a contract up to and including the end of the registration period/transfer window, they cannot be regisitered until the next period/window.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:19 - Sep 8 with 2478 viewsQPR_John

Transfer rumours 2024 on 06:18 - Sep 8 by SimplyNico

I'm with Padul's Shampoo - but he knows that!

The link I attached is the FIFA Player Transfer rules. You can only register a player in the two registration periods (transfer windows), the exception being a professional whose contract has expired prior to the end of a registration period may be registered outside that registration period.

That is, if a player still has a contract up to and including the end of the registration period/transfer window, they cannot be regisitered until the next period/window.

Remember Bosman.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:56 - Sep 8 with 2328 viewsSimplyNico

Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:19 - Sep 8 by QPR_John

Remember Bosman.

Who was out of contract, and unable to be-signed hence the whole point of the case, which established that he had a right to move.

Leaving that aside, what, honestly, is the point of actually showing you the primary source and explaining it if you are going to ignore it? You can't do it. It's not difficult.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:34 - Sep 8 with 2212 viewscyprusmel

It's an odd one this, Newcastle holding onto a player who they do not want and is not in their future plans who they now have to continue to pay until at least January.
Perhaps they think they will be able to sell him then and recoup his wages.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:48 - Sep 8 with 2113 viewsGus_iom

I think John is behaving admirably here, keeping his tattered flag flying even as the overwhelming numbers of self-acclaimed 'experts' with their spurious 'facts' close in on him. Never give in, John.

Plus i don't even want Hayden, anyway.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:54 - Sep 8 with 1868 viewsWatford_Ranger

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:34 - Sep 8 by cyprusmel

It's an odd one this, Newcastle holding onto a player who they do not want and is not in their future plans who they now have to continue to pay until at least January.

Maybe a matter of principle if there are a few players in a similar situation hoping for payoffs. Or a stand-off where neither side blinked. Or possibly he’s not quite as keen to leave as he makes out.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:55 - Sep 8 with 1860 viewsconnell10

I thought the transfer window had slammed shut but still this thread grumbles on .Strange.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:12 - Sep 8 with 1798 viewsBrianMcCarthy

But if they let him go they would surely have to pay him off? Even if it was 'by mutual consent' they'd surely have to pay a chunk, as we have had to in the past.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:16 - Sep 8 with 1766 viewsQPR_Hibs

That's pretty much what I said in a previous post (page 85!)

Every article about Hayden that I have seen/read in the past year or so has said that:
a) He wants away so that he can play 1st team football
b) He is not wanted at Newcastle and will not get a squad number
c) Newcastle are JUST ABOUT to pay his contract up

And yet he is still there.
[Post edited 8 Sep 11:16]

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:41 - Sep 8 with 1617 viewsQPR_John

Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:56 - Sep 8 by SimplyNico

Who was out of contract, and unable to be-signed hence the whole point of the case, which established that he had a right to move.

Leaving that aside, what, honestly, is the point of actually showing you the primary source and explaining it if you are going to ignore it? You can't do it. It's not difficult.

I an not ignoring anything and accept what you say that is the current rule instigated by FIFA. However prior to Bosman we could have had this conversation. FIFA had a rule that even players out of contract were not free to move which the court quite rightly overturned. So there is precedent to suggest that just because FIFA impose a restriction said restriction cannot be tested. All I am saying is that if somebody bothered to try would such a rule pass court scrutiny. I have my doubts but then justice and common sense have never been good bed fellows
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:45 - Sep 8 with 1590 viewsSimplyNico

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:41 - Sep 8 by QPR_John

I an not ignoring anything and accept what you say that is the current rule instigated by FIFA. However prior to Bosman we could have had this conversation. FIFA had a rule that even players out of contract were not free to move which the court quite rightly overturned. So there is precedent to suggest that just because FIFA impose a restriction said restriction cannot be tested. All I am saying is that if somebody bothered to try would such a rule pass court scrutiny. I have my doubts but then justice and common sense have never been good bed fellows

The Bosman ruling was in 1995.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:47 - Sep 8 with 1572 viewslassel

They tried to do a deal on deadline day but they couldn’t agree a settlement. I guess their hope was that he would take a European loan to January but instead he will train with the reserves and try again in January to agree a payoff…
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:52 - Sep 8 with 1530 viewsDavieQPR

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:16 - Sep 8 by QPR_Hibs

That's pretty much what I said in a previous post (page 85!)

Every article about Hayden that I have seen/read in the past year or so has said that:
a) He wants away so that he can play 1st team football
b) He is not wanted at Newcastle and will not get a squad number
c) Newcastle are JUST ABOUT to pay his contract up

And yet he is still there.
[Post edited 8 Sep 11:16]

Because he wants more than they are willing to offer.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:59 - Sep 8 with 1481 viewsfrancisbowles

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:47 - Sep 8 by lassel

They tried to do a deal on deadline day but they couldn’t agree a settlement. I guess their hope was that he would take a European loan to January but instead he will train with the reserves and try again in January to agree a payoff…

Supposition, I know, but he mentioned he had to take a pay cut to come to us last year, which I presume was tied up with bonuses at the Magpies. He would probably drop so much in wages, he is probably hanging out to recover virtually all of his contracted salary. The club wants to cut their losses but can't really do that unless he is to give up a substantial portion.

They would probably prefer him to sign for a club with a bigger budget, then they could negotiate him down. Saudi would probably be their preference but he seems wants to stay at a perceived 'better' level and in this country. His six month stay in Belgium, didn't go well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024