Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer rumours 2024 19:24 - Apr 28 with 712475 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Started already since we thumped the Yorkshire Massive so going early.

Apparently we are linked with Bosun Lawal. Celtic, on loan at Fleetwood, centre midfield or centre back. 20 years old, Irish apparently.

Feel free to add as they come in !
Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:01 - Sep 5 with 5617 viewsaston_hoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:50 - Sep 4 by Loft1979

Curious. I just saw Dwight Gayle linked to Hibs.

Given that he is 34, just had a tour with Derby which was praised even with a disappointing injury hit campaign.

I just wanted to add my opinion that he could represent a low cost-high yield impact striking option off the bench, and might like to stay near home.

11 goals in almost 6 years for Gayle, that ship has long since sailed. Honestly far better using younger players we already own rather than adding a pointless wage like that. A signing that would be miles away from the model the club are working on

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:20 - Sep 5 with 5261 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:48 - Sep 5 by wombat

if they are out of contract you can sign them anytime .

id take hayden back if we could afford him , made a huge diff in the middle last season , and can also slot into the back four if needed

Still not sure that's right...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/clynp5j0pnyo

This says "Players can still be signed. But they had to be out of contract and not registered at a club when the deadline passed."

Hayden would have been registered to Newcastle when the deadline passed and therefore not eligible to play for any new side now until January.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:55 - Sep 5 with 5118 viewsQPR_Hibs

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:20 - Sep 5 by Padulas_Shampoo

This says "Players can still be signed. But they had to be out of contract and not registered at a club when the deadline passed."

Hayden would have been registered to Newcastle when the deadline passed and therefore not eligible to play for any new side now until January.

It that's the case then it makes it even more ridiculous that Newcastle didn't release him from his contract before deadline day. They have made it clear that he is surplus to requirements and they now can't offload him to another club that may pay part of his wages. Unless they are still hoping that he goes to Turkey or Greece??

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:56 - Sep 5 with 4961 viewsfrancisbowles

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:55 - Sep 5 by QPR_Hibs

It that's the case then it makes it even more ridiculous that Newcastle didn't release him from his contract before deadline day. They have made it clear that he is surplus to requirements and they now can't offload him to another club that may pay part of his wages. Unless they are still hoping that he goes to Turkey or Greece??

Maybe they did say they would release him in time, if no offers were received, but made it conditional on it being kept private and not enforceable before that date and time.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:50 - Sep 5 with 4625 viewsQPR_John

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:20 - Sep 5 by Padulas_Shampoo

That cannot be true. If a player is out of contract he is in fact unemployed and even the FIFA/FA/FL cannot stop a player gaining employment
[Post edited 5 Sep 15:51]
Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:55 - Sep 5 with 4599 viewsbosh67

Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:50 - Sep 5 by QPR_John

That cannot be true. If a player is out of contract he is in fact unemployed and even the FIFA/FA/FL cannot stop a player gaining employment

As far as I know Hayden is not in the Newcastle squad and is working on a mutual termination of his contract to make him a free agent. If, as and when that happens then it will be interesting to see if we can afford him. I know we now have adequate cover but I actually think Hayden, who is still only 29, is a cut above anything we have. He is just that good. Not sure we can now afford him through.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:57 - Sep 5 with 4583 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:50 - Sep 5 by QPR_John

I'm pretty sure it is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_window

"Free agents can be signed by a club at any time during the season, if they had been released by their previous club before the end of the transfer window."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/6971785.stm

"Players who are out of contract and do not have a club, can be signed outside of the transfer window if they are unattached free agents when the window closes."

It's not stopping them gaining employment. We can sign him this afternoon if we so wish. He won't be eligible to play until the next Transfer Window opens in January though.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:59 - Sep 5 with 4574 viewsrbee

Hayden still has two years on his Newcastle contract.

https://www.newcastleworld.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/newcastle-isaac-h
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:00 - Sep 5 with 4563 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:55 - Sep 5 by bosh67

As far as I know Hayden is not in the Newcastle squad and is working on a mutual termination of his contract to make him a free agent. If, as and when that happens then it will be interesting to see if we can afford him. I know we now have adequate cover but I actually think Hayden, who is still only 29, is a cut above anything we have. He is just that good. Not sure we can now afford him through.

I don't think it has anything to do with being named in the squad - the squads aren't finalised for another week anyway. It's whether he was registered to another club at the end of the transfer window last Friday; which he was.

I think we can forget about him until January at the earliest.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:19 - Sep 5 with 4439 viewsCateLeBonR

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:00 - Sep 5 by Padulas_Shampoo

I don't think it has anything to do with being named in the squad - the squads aren't finalised for another week anyway. It's whether he was registered to another club at the end of the transfer window last Friday; which he was.

I think we can forget about him until January at the earliest.

I guess if that wasn’t the rule you would have loads of free transfers outside the transfer window. Clubs would just ‘mutually’ terminate a players contract allowing another club to sign them.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:38 - Sep 5 with 4292 viewslassel

Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:55 - Sep 5 by bosh67

He can’t play for anyone in England until January now .
Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:40 - Sep 5 with 4276 viewsHAYESBOY

Memphis Depay is a free agent. Cheeky little offer incl use of the comfy chair at the training ground?

Smells like a trout farm in here

Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:47 - Sep 5 with 4024 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:38 - Sep 5 by lassel

He can’t play for anyone in England until January now .

Aren't out if contract players/free agents able to move outside of TW?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:27 - Sep 5 with 3879 viewslassel

Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:47 - Sep 5 by PlanetHonneywood

Aren't out if contract players/free agents able to move outside of TW?

Only if they’re out of contract when the window closes.

Hence the routine of clubs releasing players 31st August every year so they can find a club later on.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:39 - Sep 5 with 3652 viewsdavman

Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:27 - Sep 5 by lassel

Hence the routine of clubs releasing players 31st August every year so they can find a club later on.

...which is what Padula's Shampoo has been saying all the way through the thread!

I think he is right too!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:41 - Sep 5 with 3649 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:39 - Sep 5 by davman

...which is what Padula's Shampoo has been saying all the way through the thread!

I think he is right too!

I’m guessing Honney has me on ignore 😂
Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:51 - Sep 5 with 3581 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:27 - Sep 5 by lassel

If only someone had explained this earlier and repeatedly throughout this thread!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:39 - Sep 6 with 2695 viewsdannyblue

On the ongoing debate about whether we can afford all this...Key line from Nourry:

"Between the wage savings this season and next season and outgoing transfer fees and the money we spent to bring players in, those numbers are very close. It’s not like we’ve gone on some sort of spending spree, I think on the contrary."

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/sport/qpr-chief-executive-christian-nourry-provid

Again, my expecations of impact on budget...
+ increase budget, - decrease, = same

- Begovic > Nardi
= Armstrong > Celar
= Dozzell > Hayden > Varane
= Kakay > Santos
= Dykes > Madsen
+ Gubbins > Morrison
- Willock > Dembele
= Hodge > Saito
- Cannon > Ashby
- Adomah > Bennie
= Richards > (expect we're still paying his wages)
- Larkeche >
- Archer >
- Kelman >
- SDM >
- Cooper >
Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:44 - Sep 6 with 2405 viewsQPR_John

Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:57 - Sep 5 by Padulas_Shampoo

I'm pretty sure it is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_window

"Free agents can be signed by a club at any time during the season, if they had been released by their previous club before the end of the transfer window."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/6971785.stm

"Players who are out of contract and do not have a club, can be signed outside of the transfer window if they are unattached free agents when the window closes."

It's not stopping them gaining employment. We can sign him this afternoon if we so wish. He won't be eligible to play until the next Transfer Window opens in January though.

I would be interested if this were tested in court. I take your point that any club can employ a player at any time but can only play them the following window but that surely only applies to somebody currently employed however not being able to play an unemployed player surely can be considered a barrier to employing such a player and hence a restraint of trade.
[Post edited 6 Sep 13:47]
Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:35 - Sep 6 with 2056 viewsterryb

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:44 - Sep 6 by QPR_John

I would be interested if this were tested in court. I take your point that any club can employ a player at any time but can only play them the following window but that surely only applies to somebody currently employed however not being able to play an unemployed player surely can be considered a barrier to employing such a player and hence a restraint of trade.
[Post edited 6 Sep 13:47]

If yoy're released/paid off from your contract outside the transfer window, you would have had your contract paid in full or an agreed amount.

Are you not technically still employed during that period? You certainly could not claim unemployment benefit.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:11 - Sep 6 with 1869 viewsSimplyNico

Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:35 - Sep 6 by terryb

If yoy're released/paid off from your contract outside the transfer window, you would have had your contract paid in full or an agreed amount.

Are you not technically still employed during that period? You certainly could not claim unemployment benefit.

Player registration - Article 6.1 of this link: https://acrobat.adobe.com/id/urn:aaid:sc:EU:c5219234-c848-4fb4-a8c5-eec038a547e8

If the contract had terminated by mutual agreement, it ends on the date the parties agree.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:11 - Sep 6 with 1853 viewsnumptydumpty

Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:35 - Sep 6 by terryb

I would say the pay off terminates the contractual obligations so the sum you receive doesn't mean you are still employed within the term of the contract.

So if that did happen in this case - i know it hasnt - and no takers then Mr Hayden could merrily claim job seekers allowance but don't know if applying to play with Man Utd, QPR and Accrington Stanley would satisfy the department of employment and so could see Isaac serving behind the bar of pub very near to you very soon !!!

Either that or he goes on several exotic holidays !!!

The choices are endless !!! 🤣

And yes I know what I am saying is totally garbage. It's been a long week and am in the final stages of delirium !!!
[Post edited 6 Sep 16:12]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:28 - Sep 6 with 1739 viewsKensal_Ranger

The next key date is when squads have to be registered.

If a club leaves space in its registration, a free agent can be signed and can play for his new club, regardless of whether he became a free agent before or after the transfer window.

Is my understanding…
Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:51 - Sep 6 with 1609 viewsHoopsie

Excuse me, all this chat about free agents, termination of contracts etc, are we due to sign a couple ?

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:58 - Sep 6 with 1566 viewsLblock

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:39 - Sep 6 by dannyblue

On the ongoing debate about whether we can afford all this...Key line from Nourry:

"Between the wage savings this season and next season and outgoing transfer fees and the money we spent to bring players in, those numbers are very close. It’s not like we’ve gone on some sort of spending spree, I think on the contrary."

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/sport/qpr-chief-executive-christian-nourry-provid

Again, my expecations of impact on budget...
+ increase budget, - decrease, = same

- Begovic > Nardi
= Armstrong > Celar
= Dozzell > Hayden > Varane
= Kakay > Santos
= Dykes > Madsen
+ Gubbins > Morrison
- Willock > Dembele
= Hodge > Saito
- Cannon > Ashby
- Adomah > Bennie
= Richards > (expect we're still paying his wages)
- Larkeche >
- Archer >
- Kelman >
- SDM >
- Cooper >

Good summary and I'd agree with that.

My God it proper grinds my pips to see Richards name and know he's still costing this club money.
He really is the skid mark that remains on these new lucky QPR pants.

Console myself that he's at least not around the gaff stinking it out... at the moment

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024