Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Waaaaaaallll match thread 09:41 - Sep 14 with 32610 viewsloftboy

3-1 to the R’s

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Waaaaaaallll match thread on 06:23 - Sep 15 with 2179 viewsnix

Waaaaaaallll match thread on 06:00 - Sep 15 by MelakaRanger

I have to say that I thought Millwall were the best 'footballing' team we have played this year. Not that are not great footballers, indeed they are not a very good team but they just played football as best they could and allowed us to play football too. It was so refreshing to watch.

No repeated shirtpulling. No hacking Willock and Chair time and again. No 'in the face' of the referee, no timewasting. They just wanted to play football. I give them immence credit for that.

If QPR are allowed to play football, then they will be a match for any team in the division. I suspect however that most future games will see our opposition try hard to not allow us to play football and the return of Chair and Willock being unfairly targetted and other shithousery.

COYRs

That's a very good point. It was refreshing to see teams not trying to just frustrate us. Unfortunately refs don't clamp down on the shirt pulling and hacking antics enough so we tend to be disadvantaged when playing those kinds of teams, Swansea being the worst so far this season from memory.
Waaaaaaallll match thread on 07:17 - Sep 15 with 2036 viewsdistortR

Waaaaaaallll match thread on 06:00 - Sep 15 by MelakaRanger

I have to say that I thought Millwall were the best 'footballing' team we have played this year. Not that are not great footballers, indeed they are not a very good team but they just played football as best they could and allowed us to play football too. It was so refreshing to watch.

No repeated shirtpulling. No hacking Willock and Chair time and again. No 'in the face' of the referee, no timewasting. They just wanted to play football. I give them immence credit for that.

If QPR are allowed to play football, then they will be a match for any team in the division. I suspect however that most future games will see our opposition try hard to not allow us to play football and the return of Chair and Willock being unfairly targetted and other shithousery.

COYRs

Agree with that, it was hard, there was little space out there, but it was fair.
I didn't think either team was fully 'on it',but we had that touch of class that they didn't.
Our defensive unit was great though, and it was a real team performance.
Waaaaaaallll match thread on 08:19 - Sep 15 with 1852 viewsTheChef

Waaaaaaallll match thread on 06:23 - Sep 15 by nix

That's a very good point. It was refreshing to see teams not trying to just frustrate us. Unfortunately refs don't clamp down on the shirt pulling and hacking antics enough so we tend to be disadvantaged when playing those kinds of teams, Swansea being the worst so far this season from memory.

I agree too. Millwall tried to play but for the most part we contained them well.

I mean the first half was fairly frenetic with the ball going from end to end and for all that I still don't know how Roberts missed that header; second half we were excellent though, so much energy. Johansen playing like a man possessed, Chair chasing everything as well (aside from what he does when he gets the ball) - kudos to Beale and the coaching staff for getting more out of these two as we're really reaping the benefits. As mentioned I thought Balogun was very good, no nonsense, got rid of the ball when he had to and used it well when he had time. Not bad for a guy who hadn't played since May.

So many positives, lovely stuff. Bring on Stoke!

Oh and eight minutes injury time was probably about right given there were seven subs plus players requiring treatment. We're just not used to refs applying that correctly

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Waaaaaaallll match thread on 08:29 - Sep 15 with 1832 viewsNorthernr

Waaaaaaallll match thread on 08:19 - Sep 15 by TheChef

I agree too. Millwall tried to play but for the most part we contained them well.

I mean the first half was fairly frenetic with the ball going from end to end and for all that I still don't know how Roberts missed that header; second half we were excellent though, so much energy. Johansen playing like a man possessed, Chair chasing everything as well (aside from what he does when he gets the ball) - kudos to Beale and the coaching staff for getting more out of these two as we're really reaping the benefits. As mentioned I thought Balogun was very good, no nonsense, got rid of the ball when he had to and used it well when he had time. Not bad for a guy who hadn't played since May.

Oh and eight minutes injury time was probably about right given there were seven subs plus players requiring treatment. We're just not used to refs applying that correctly

Yeh didn't have a problem with eight (and played ten I think) at all. Just wish it was applied like that every week consistently.
Waaaaaaallll match thread on 08:50 - Sep 15 with 1746 viewsstevec

Waaaaaaallll match thread on 08:29 - Sep 15 by Northernr

Yeh didn't have a problem with eight (and played ten I think) at all. Just wish it was applied like that every week consistently.

Had a look through the FA rule book and it clearly states ‘injury time is set at a statutory 4 minutes unless QPR are winning, at which point it reverts to the referees jurisdiction’.
Waaaaaaallll match thread on 09:13 - Sep 15 with 1672 viewsNortholt_Rs

Horrible place but a beautiful result! Rs fans were immense. Can’t remember seeing us win there before…? Great night. Well done Mr B and the boys. COYRs!!!!
[Post edited 15 Sep 2022 19:42]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Waaaaaaallll match thread on 09:28 - Sep 15 with 1612 viewsdmm

I had a lovely evening enjoying some excellent ales by the river before the game with Mr Paddox before watching such a welcome win. It was marred slightly after the game by the police funneling all Rs supporters towards South Bermondsey station and then holding us at the entrance for 20 minutes without any explanation. And having searchlights scan us as we waited was way over the top as there was no trouble at all that I saw.
Waaaaaaallll match thread on 14:22 - Sep 15 with 1351 viewsthemodfather

we do not win there often, big win and we played well, kept a clean sheet and scored goals and created. job done, massive job done.
Login to get fewer ads

Waaaaaaallll match thread on 14:46 - Sep 15 with 1293 viewsPinnerPaul

Waaaaaaallll match thread on 20:14 - Sep 14 by enfieldargh

Both long throw ins feet over the touch line therefore foul throw????

Nope, only need part of each foot touching the line - common misconception.
Waaaaaaallll match thread on 15:00 - Sep 15 with 1251 viewsBoston

Waaaaaaallll match thread on 14:22 - Sep 15 by themodfather

we do not win there often, big win and we played well, kept a clean sheet and scored goals and created. job done, massive job done.

Job creation...yet they still hate us!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Waaaaaaallll match thread on 15:02 - Sep 15 with 1254 viewsPinnerPaul

Waaaaaaallll match thread on 08:19 - Sep 15 by TheChef

9 subs, 3 big injuries.

Wasn't sure why ref was talking to Rowett.

Think I've worked it out.

He (Rowett) was moaning about our injured player walking across the fop to leave. Ref was pointing out that as objects had been thrown onto the fop on no less than FOUR occasions, that was the correct (As per LOTG) thing to do.

An 'easy' game to ref - no yellows - but thought he had a good game.
Waaaaaaallll match thread on 15:03 - Sep 15 with 1245 viewsPinnerPaul

Waaaaaaallll match thread on 08:29 - Sep 15 by Northernr

9 1/2 - we did make a sub in the 8 added, so fair enough I guess.
Waaaaaaallll match thread on 15:56 - Sep 15 with 1187 viewsTheChef

Waaaaaaallll match thread on 15:02 - Sep 15 by PinnerPaul

9 subs, 3 big injuries.

Wasn't sure why ref was talking to Rowett.

Think I've worked it out.

He (Rowett) was moaning about our injured player walking across the fop to leave. Ref was pointing out that as objects had been thrown onto the fop on no less than FOUR occasions, that was the correct (As per LOTG) thing to do.

An 'easy' game to ref - no yellows - but thought he had a good game.

Re the objects thrown even on telly it was fairly obvious (assistant ref on far side was doing a bit of tidying), I assume this goes in the ref's report but does anything ever get done about it/them?

I assume Millwall has a few decent fans, but they attract so many lowlifes I would just be embarrassed by association and support someone else.

Waaaaaaallll match thread on 15:59 - Sep 15 with 1152 viewsJuzzie

Waaaaaaallll match thread on 15:56 - Sep 15 by TheChef

Re the objects thrown even on telly it was fairly obvious (assistant ref on far side was doing a bit of tidying), I assume this goes in the ref's report but does anything ever get done about it/them?

I assume Millwall has a few decent fans, but they attract so many lowlifes I would just be embarrassed by association and support someone else.

Nothing will be done, it never is. When ever I've been there and you have the home fans in both side stands closest to the away end spending the whole game not even watching the footie but doing slit-throat gestures and the arms-out-wide-look-at-me-I'm-so-hard bollox, the police are standing there with bored "every home game it's like this" looks on their faces.

[Post edited 15 Sep 2022 16:00]
Waaaaaaallll match thread on 16:01 - Sep 15 with 1136 viewsTheChef

Waaaaaaallll match thread on 15:59 - Sep 15 by Juzzie

Nothing will be done, it never is. When ever I've been there and you have the home fans in both side stands closest to the away end spending the whole game not even watching the footie but doing slit-throat gestures and the arms-out-wide-look-at-me-I'm-so-hard bollox, the police are standing there with bored "every home game it's like this" looks on their faces.

[Post edited 15 Sep 2022 16:00]

It's OK though because despite all the posturing they do really love football.

If that's the case then they should try actually watching the fcking game!

Waaaaaaallll match thread on 18:00 - Sep 15 with 1035 viewsPinnerPaul

Waaaaaaallll match thread on 15:56 - Sep 15 by TheChef

Yes goes in the refs report. FA decide what charge, if any, to bring.

Some idiot threw something at one of our home games this season.

Can take a while so its still possible we (and Millwall obviously!) will be charged.
Waaaaaaallll match thread on 07:19 - Sep 16 with 892 viewsBushRanger82

I'm only just coming out of shock, that we finally won a London derby, and away, too!

Let's hope we have started a new trend.
Waaaaaaallll match thread on 08:35 - Sep 16 with 792 viewsnix

Waaaaaaallll match thread on 18:00 - Sep 15 by PinnerPaul

Yes goes in the refs report. FA decide what charge, if any, to bring.

Some idiot threw something at one of our home games this season.

Can take a while so its still possible we (and Millwall obviously!) will be charged.

I think it's a bit harsh when clubs get charged for this. How can you stop someone throwing an apple core? Or a coin?

It's different when you have a whole group of fans shouting something offensive or someone runs on the pitch where you might be able to take steps to control that, but individuals throwing small objects is a bit impossible to police, surely?
Waaaaaaallll match thread on 09:44 - Sep 16 with 728 viewsPinnerPaul

Waaaaaaallll match thread on 08:35 - Sep 16 by nix

I think it's a bit harsh when clubs get charged for this. How can you stop someone throwing an apple core? Or a coin?

It's different when you have a whole group of fans shouting something offensive or someone runs on the pitch where you might be able to take steps to control that, but individuals throwing small objects is a bit impossible to police, surely?

Same at any level - even youth football.

Clubs are responsible for the conduct of their own supporters and obviously the safety of the players/officials.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024