Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Waaaaaaallll match thread 09:41 - Sep 14 with 32731 viewsloftboy

3-1 to the R’s

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Waaaaaaallll match thread on 22:03 - Sep 14 with 3139 viewsterryb

A good solid performance without reaching the heights that we can.

After a nervous opening ten minutes, the defence looked in control until that short period when we were 2-0 in front. Paal was very good & his positioning excellent.

I do believe that we are as good as any other team in this league, but I also know that we can perform worse than anybody else!

What will the next game give us?
[Post edited 15 Sep 2022 9:53]
Waaaaaaallll match thread on 22:06 - Sep 14 with 3075 viewsStreathamRanger

Waaaaaaallll match thread on 21:57 - Sep 14 by Damo1962

Not digging Dickie out, as he has been mostly good for us, but he wasn't playing....and we didn't concede. Too simplistic maybe?

Thought Balogun was excellent tonight. Looks confident. Makes his mind up early and commits to the tackle. Won loads of headers as well. I say it's great to have such good competition for places. Balogun deserves another start on Saturday assuming his body can cope. Others will have to earn their places back.

On that note, Dozzell looked up for it when he came on. Not on for long but rather than sulk about being dropped, really got stuck in. Strikers aside, we've got quite a nicely balanced squad.
Waaaaaaallll match thread on 22:09 - Sep 14 with 2995 viewsNed_Kennedys

Excellent performance, defence were outstanding.
Balogun had a great debut, Dunne won everything, Paal had his best game for us, Laird is quality at this level.
Stefan my MOTM though: really playing well now after so many had written him off.
Waaaaaaallll match thread on 22:11 - Sep 14 with 2956 viewssilverbirch

Waaaaaaallll match thread on 22:09 - Sep 14 by Ned_Kennedys

Balogun had a great debut, Dunne won everything, Paal had his best game for us, Laird is quality at this level.
Stefan my MOTM though: really playing well now after so many had written him off.

Chair was great, as usual, too
Waaaaaaallll match thread on 22:12 - Sep 14 with 2931 viewsDoudou87

Wonder who starts when all four CB’s are fully fit? Strikers and left backs aside we’ve got some real depth to this team, forgot about Amos and Richard’s still to come back from injury.

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Waaaaaaallll match thread on 22:13 - Sep 14 with 2909 viewsaston_hoop

Enjoyed that, very comfortable against a very poor Wall side. Paal MOTM, Balogun very impressive debut. Both goals taken very well too.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Waaaaaaallll match thread on 22:14 - Sep 14 with 2891 viewsStreathamRanger

Waaaaaaallll match thread on 22:09 - Sep 14 by Ned_Kennedys

I'd written Johansen off and I'm delighted he's proving me wrong. It was mad to have him and Field swapping roles though. Beale seeing sense on that has helped no end.
Waaaaaaallll match thread on 22:16 - Sep 14 with 2854 viewsPunteR

Dunne, Johansen and Paal stood out for me. I thought Tim was OK and grew into the game. Field underpinned the midfield well. Chair was his usual high standard and Willock turns the level up a notch when on the ball.
It was a great game to watch and worth my tenner.
I honestly got cramp in my leg while sitting at my desk in that final 8 minutes of added time though.. much to the amusement of my missus, who enjoyed the Karen White - Superwoman song blaring out of Millwalls tanoys at halftime..lol
Everyone battled for that win tonight.
Well deserved 3 points.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Waaaaaaallll match thread on 22:16 - Sep 14 with 2854 viewskensalriser

Solid team performance and win. Thought we were clearly the better team throughout. Millwall not as bad as some are making out but we contained them for the most part and they couldn't capitalise on our mistakes. Paal had his best game for us. Not sure why Bonne didn't go it alone for the breakaway right at the end, looked like he was in on goal.

Really liking this team and manager now, and I think they'll continue to improve.

Well done every R who went tonight, you deserved that for all the fruitless journeys to that craphole.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Waaaaaaallll match thread on 22:16 - Sep 14 with 2840 viewsHantsR

Memo to self. Must write little message to our old mate Rod Liddle.
Waaaaaaallll match thread on 22:19 - Sep 14 with 2758 viewsBoston

Waaaaaaallll match thread on 22:01 - Sep 14 by stainrods_elbow

We were better than incredible- we were credible!

With a scoreline that's forever indelible.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Waaaaaaallll match thread on 22:21 - Sep 14 with 2710 viewsBoston

Wonder did anybody, "cum all the way from America"?

Waaaaaaallll match thread on 22:23 - Sep 14 with 2693 viewsderbyhoop

Millwall were poor because we made them look poor.
Good performances everywhere.

Tim had some good moments mixed with poor ones.
Roberts didn't really do enough and Lyndon was more effective in his cameo.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Waaaaaaallll match thread on 22:30 - Sep 14 with 2581 viewsManinBlack

Very impressed with this win as I have been a real critic of us away in London so glad they silenced me tonight. On top of that we scored second half goals, now we have to start scoring down the Loft end at home in the second half.
Waaaaaaallll match thread on 22:34 - Sep 14 with 2529 viewsterryb

Waaaaaaallll match thread on 22:30 - Sep 14 by ManinBlack

Very impressed with this win as I have been a real critic of us away in London so glad they silenced me tonight. On top of that we scored second half goals, now we have to start scoring down the Loft end at home in the second half.

I really don't care what end we score at as long as it's one more than the oppo do!
Waaaaaaallll match thread on 22:36 - Sep 14 with 2502 viewsGreenbay

FT REPORT
Millwall 0 QPR 2
What a win - 3 points, an away victory and a clean sheet.
And to add to that there were two wonderful strikes.
It seems we only score spectacular goals.
As Mick Beale said recently we’re only at 10 per cent of where he wants us to be.
Room for improvement — absolutely massive.
And we have the players to do it.
This performance — despite several misplaced passes — especially in the opening half - offered plenty of enthusiasm and work rate, It was close to 100 per cent.
And we always looked dangerous up front.
In fact it could have been more than 2-0.
And all this on a day — whether you are a monarchist or a republican — that was very significant.
You surely have to be impressed by the pageantry of what has unfolded following the passing of the Queen.
The displays of respectfulness have been precise, immaculate and colourful.
Perhaps those qualities are what QPR aim to deliver.
Against Millwall — our starting eleven which included 5 of our 7 summer signings/loans showed and delivered plenty of colour.
Precision is still to come.
A quiet Beale revolution is taking place with Clarke-Salter and Taylor Richards - following injuries —will boost the side even more.
It’s not often you sign a player — or acquire someone on loan and get most of it right.
But amazingly - it seems - that is happening.
Take for instance our two attacking full-backs — Laird and Paal.
They are top quality.
Laird is a Premiership player we are developing for Man Utd while Paal is ours.
Both are a joy to watch.
And what an age contrast there is between 34 year old defender Balogun and 19 year old midfielder Tim Iroegbunam — on loan from Villa.
Tim took time to settle and then showed his quality as did Balogun - replacing Dickie.
Will Dickie get back into the side?
Initially disappointed with Tyler Roberts — replacing Dykes — at the start — missing a sharp but clear header within 2 minutes. But after HT he improved massively.
He was part of the move that saw us take a 54th minute lead.
Roberts to Chair and onto Willock — and from 22 yards curled the ball inside the left-hand post. Yet another wonder goal — his 5th in 6 League matches.
What a player. Hopefully he’ll be with us throughout the season.
Then Chair midway through the second half — took a quick corner to Jojo on the by-line.
And giving himself a better angle hit a beautiful — and it was immaculate — left footer calmly across and past the keeper.
2-0 and all we then had to worry about was keeping a clean sheet.
But it needed a brilliant clearance by Laird a yard out and the follow-up shot that hit the underside of the crossbar — for our defenders to walk off knowing that for the first time this season — we had not conceded.
Smart moves by Mick Beale to bring on fresh legs in the closing stages.
It was so satisfying — knowing that there is more to come from this team.
And those fans - nearly 2000 of them - amazing - they must know it too.
With support like that we could have a very special season.
We’re up to 8th on 14 points from 9 games — 2 points better than we were at this stage last year. Only goal difference separates us from 3rd placed Burnley.
However just 5 points separate 3rd to 19th.
So I/we must not get carried away.
Home to Stoke on Saturday and a top 6 spot beckons.
Certainly this was a night to enjoy following the sadness of the past week.
Waaaaaaallll match thread on 22:49 - Sep 14 with 2308 viewsMalintabuk

Making my way home a very happy camper
Got to mention the noise we made after Willock scored was phenomenal..... well done fellow Rs
As said at half time Wall were bad but were unlucky when they hit the bar..... but that was it
Reading the thread and agree with most and been saying the last few weeks we certainly have got a set of full backs here..... not sure if they are Clement/Gillard or affectionately know as Plug standard, but they are good
Said at half time Balogun looks a real leader and Dunne was superb for me.
The whole back four looked good
We totally dominated the mid field and I personally thought the Villa lad was OK. Jo Jo was also good and a fine all round performance
As the adage says you can only play who is put in front of you, and Wall were bad, but that was a very good professional performance
Much sterner test Saturday but it should be a good game.
Waaaaaaallll match thread on 23:02 - Sep 14 with 2201 viewsHastings_Hoops

Waaaaaaallll match thread on 22:06 - Sep 14 by StreathamRanger

Thought Balogun was excellent tonight. Looks confident. Makes his mind up early and commits to the tackle. Won loads of headers as well. I say it's great to have such good competition for places. Balogun deserves another start on Saturday assuming his body can cope. Others will have to earn their places back.

On that note, Dozzell looked up for it when he came on. Not on for long but rather than sulk about being dropped, really got stuck in. Strikers aside, we've got quite a nicely balanced squad.

Not sure there’s much wrong with our ‘attack’
Waaaaaaallll match thread on 23:04 - Sep 14 with 2174 viewseastside_r

Waaaaaaallll match thread on 22:06 - Sep 14 by StreathamRanger

Yeah I was unimpressed by this signing but he was good tonight.
Waaaaaaallll match thread on 23:09 - Sep 14 with 2139 viewsManinBlack

Waaaaaaallll match thread on 23:02 - Sep 14 by Hastings_Hoops

Not sure there’s much wrong with our ‘attack’

To be fair to Dykes, I thought the early miss by Roberts was nearly as bad as Dykes was against Hull. The keeper was scrambling to his feet and Roberts had a free header with the goal gaping. At least these misses were in games we won.
Waaaaaaallll match thread on 23:11 - Sep 14 with 2124 viewsloftboy

I think it was all down to the match thread starter 😇😇

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Waaaaaaallll match thread on 23:24 - Sep 14 with 2065 viewsManinBlack

Waaaaaaallll match thread on 23:11 - Sep 14 by loftboy

Yes well done in predicting a two goals margin of victory
Waaaaaaallll match thread on 00:42 - Sep 15 with 1826 viewsBoston

Waaaaaaallll match thread on 23:11 - Sep 14 by loftboy

Definitely on fire mate.

Waaaaaaallll match thread on 01:43 - Sep 15 with 1747 viewsbob566

At 10.30 my son said want to know the QPR result? Thought all footy was cancelled so I'm over the moon. Stress free night not knowing my team was playing
Waaaaaaallll match thread on 06:00 - Sep 15 with 1529 viewsMelakaRanger

I have to say that I thought Millwall were the best 'footballing' team we have played this year. Not that are not great footballers, indeed they are not a very good team but they just played football as best they could and allowed us to play football too. It was so refreshing to watch.

No repeated shirtpulling. No hacking Willock and Chair time and again. No 'in the face' of the referee, no timewasting. They just wanted to play football. I give them immence credit for that.

If QPR are allowed to play football, then they will be a match for any team in the division. I suspect however that most future games will see our opposition try hard to not allow us to play football and the return of Chair and Willock being unfairly targetted and other shithousery.

COYRs
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024