Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA 17:23 - Dec 13 with 27097 viewsyankeephil

It seems a bit sad to watch Villa. Great team history & now facing almost certain relagation. No effort or sense of urgency shown by the players. Man for man Bournemouth is not that much better side, but their level of work is so much higher.
WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 17:52 - Mar 31 with 3989 viewsLblock

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 14:41 - Mar 30 by paulparker

Makes a change for a club to be as badly run as us
huge job for whoever takes it, they have loads of foreign players on big contracts to shift
traore 40 large a week (good luck with that )
the only sellable assets they are Grealish, Gesterde, and possibly Guzan
the likes of Richards, Lescott, Agbonglahor are in for a major shock in the championship next year

Btw how badly has micah Richards career gone, he looked a beast when pearce had him at city now he looks shot as a player, another one with to much to young

Richards should've been an England regular.... his career did however run out of "puff" one summer holiday in Cyprus...or was that swine flu? I cant recall

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 11:14 - Apr 1 with 3911 viewsTacticalR

Gabriel Agbonlahor: Aston Villa suspend striker amid investigation
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35940983

Of course, as great cosmopolitans, we are completely relaxed about shishas at our club.

Air hostess clique

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 16:48 - Apr 1 with 3818 viewsJuzzie

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 18:46 - Mar 30 by ShotKneesHoop

They should sign R'SWiPe for next season, that would be the ultimate kiss of death.

Let

it

go

Zen Buddhist story;

Two monks, going to a neighbouring monastery, walked side by side in silence. They arrived at a river they had to cross. That season, waters were higher than usual. On the bank, a young woman was hesitating and asked the younger of the two monks for help. He exclaimed, 'Don't you see that I am a monk, that I took a vow of chastity?'

'I require nothing from you that could impede your vow, but simply to help me to cross the river,' replied the young woman with a little smile.

'I...not...I can...do nothing for you,' said the embarrassed young monk.

'It doesn't matter,' said the elderly monk. 'Climb on my back and we will cross together.'

Having reached the other bank, the old monk put down the young woman who, in return, thanked him with a broad smile. She left her side and both monks continued their route in silence. Close to the monastery, the young monk could not stand it anymore and said, 'You shouldn't have carried that person on your back. It's against our rules.'

'This young woman needed help and I put her down on the other bank. You didn't carry her at all, but she is still on your back,' replied the older monk.

[Post edited 2 Apr 2016 19:21]
WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 19:26 - Apr 2 with 3745 viewsloftboy

Will be down with one more loss or Norwich win.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 11:14 - Apr 3 with 3678 viewsTGRRRSSS

ANyone know/remember the earliest confirmed relegation in PL history?

Derby I think when they got hardly any points???
WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 11:18 - Apr 3 with 3667 viewsCamberleyR

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 11:14 - Apr 3 by TGRRRSSS

ANyone know/remember the earliest confirmed relegation in PL history?

Derby I think when they got hardly any points???

Derby were relegated that season on the 29th March which is the earliest since this football thing was invented in 1992.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 11:21 - Apr 3 with 3661 viewsTGRRRSSS

Ah well have to go some way to beat that. As Old Division style football went on much longer decided to simplify things.

Be facinating to see what happens to Villa next season. AS I see it if Lerner cuts his losses someone will take them on, if not... double relegation beckons.
WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 14:07 - Apr 4 with 3582 viewsJuzzie

Villa could be relegated this weekend.

They've made us look good last season.

They'e at home to Bournemouth so they might have a stay of execution but with Man U (week after next) and Arsenal away (last day) in their remaining fixtures they could be down by mid April.
Login to get fewer ads

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 14:29 - Apr 4 with 3545 viewspaulparker

Villa , Newcastle, Sunderland all have one thing in common that there recruitment over the last few years has been awful and has finally come to bite them on the bum this season,
shifting the overpaid deadwood is not going to be easy for these clubs , only big sam at Sunderland will be a threat next year
either way it should be a very interesting championship next season with plenty of shall we say colourful fixtures
Cardiff, Leeds, Villa, Forest, Birmingham, Derby , Wolves, sheff wed and then Newcastle & Sunderland , possibly add Millwall and you can expect a few fireworks, especially down at HQ

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 19:55 - Apr 9 with 3392 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Fcuk em. Thats what I think of Villa
WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 20:02 - Apr 9 with 3374 viewsjohncharles

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 19:55 - Apr 9 by dodge_stoke_r

Fcuk em. Thats what I think of Villa

Exactly, we're all bored to death with you Villa, feck off

Strong and stable my arse.

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 21:27 - Apr 9 with 3306 viewsingeminate

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 16:48 - Apr 1 by Juzzie

Let

it

go

Zen Buddhist story;

Two monks, going to a neighbouring monastery, walked side by side in silence. They arrived at a river they had to cross. That season, waters were higher than usual. On the bank, a young woman was hesitating and asked the younger of the two monks for help. He exclaimed, 'Don't you see that I am a monk, that I took a vow of chastity?'

'I require nothing from you that could impede your vow, but simply to help me to cross the river,' replied the young woman with a little smile.

'I...not...I can...do nothing for you,' said the embarrassed young monk.

'It doesn't matter,' said the elderly monk. 'Climb on my back and we will cross together.'

Having reached the other bank, the old monk put down the young woman who, in return, thanked him with a broad smile. She left her side and both monks continued their route in silence. Close to the monastery, the young monk could not stand it anymore and said, 'You shouldn't have carried that person on your back. It's against our rules.'

'This young woman needed help and I put her down on the other bank. You didn't carry her at all, but she is still on your back,' replied the older monk.

[Post edited 2 Apr 2016 19:21]

Posts like this remind me why I enjoy this site so much!

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 11:46 - Apr 17 with 3134 viewsTacticalR

Must be pretty grim losing week in week out without even the prospect of an occasional win.

Air hostess clique

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 12:08 - Apr 17 with 3114 viewsonlyrinmoray

They've been staying up for years by the skin of their teeth time they dropped We were called a joke of a club last season, there are a few other candidates out there now
WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 11:43 - May 17 with 2927 viewsTacticalR

Former Football Association executive Adrian Bevington has left his advisory role at relegated Aston Villa after less than two months in the post
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36310420

Air hostess clique

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 12:48 - May 17 with 2847 viewsR_from_afar

Fixing Villa is a herculean task. So much work to be done.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 21:47 - May 18 with 2738 viewsTacticalR

Aston Villa takeover: Chinese businessman Dr Tony Xia agrees £60m deal
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36327300

Air hostess clique

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 20:15 - May 19 with 2624 viewsTacticalR

Tony Xia hopes revamp will turn Aston Villa into one of world’s top three clubs
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/19/tony-xia-revamp-aston-villa-top

Air hostess clique

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 20:37 - May 19 with 2590 viewsrsonist

Not a lot of background to be found on this chap, and what there is is opaque at best. The business group he represents seems to have stakes in MSG/food production, pharmaceuticals, even orbital satellites depending on where you read.

Could be another Carson Yeung scenario. Could be another Man City. Who knows. Not like the FA will ask...
WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 22:05 - May 19 with 2555 viewsQPRDave

£50 mill available to the new man
WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 19:06 - May 20 with 2458 viewsTacticalR

'We want to use Villa’s history and its substantial fan base around the world to also promote Lotus Health products and services globally. The ideal scenario would be for fans to enjoy Lotus Health products at Lotus Villa Park, it would be a great advert for both brands.'

Aston Villa owner Tony Xia considers renaming stadium Lotus Villa Park
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/20/aston-villa-tony-jiantong-xia-v

Air hostess clique

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 02:27 - Jun 2 with 2309 viewsFredManRave

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 22:05 - May 19 by QPRDave

£50 mill available to the new man

And that new man would appear to be Di Matteo which on the face of it would appear to be a good appointment. Assuming it happens it would probably change some peoples opinions of them being double relegation candidates.

They might be fighting us for our mid table position next season now?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 02:42 - Jun 2 with 2302 viewsQPRinCT

So he's a massive liar!
http://screamer.deadspin.com/aston-villas-new-owner-is-a-little-questionable-177
WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 12:36 - Jun 2 with 1571 viewsR_from_afar

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 02:42 - Jun 2 by QPRinCT

So he's a massive liar!
http://screamer.deadspin.com/aston-villas-new-owner-is-a-little-questionable-177

Sounds like their new owner is on something! Perhaps they could merge with Leeds, that would be interesting. Two - yawn - "massive" clubs coming together. They'd probably end up with one small one. Who cares how big a club is, it's about performances.

Seriously, though, I hope it goes OK for Villa, for their fans' sake, because there but for the grace of God and all that....

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024