Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA 17:23 - Dec 13 with 27095 viewsyankeephil

It seems a bit sad to watch Villa. Great team history & now facing almost certain relagation. No effort or sense of urgency shown by the players. Man for man Bournemouth is not that much better side, but their level of work is so much higher.
WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 10:56 - Dec 14 with 3652 viewsthemodfather

villa can rot in the open cess pit that is brum....hope that answers the question.
for a decade they have flirted with the drop and it's coming.
WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 13:26 - Dec 14 with 3590 viewstimcocking

Not much. About time they sodded off really, been cr@p for ages now.

On a slight tangent, Joe Hart never looks...quite right to me. Maybe it's the hair/eyebrows, can't quite put my finger on it, but I don't trust him.

Staggered to think they used him as a hair model. Only in England. We are an ugly lot.
WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 14:27 - Dec 14 with 3548 viewsTacticalR

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 13:26 - Dec 14 by timcocking

Not much. About time they sodded off really, been cr@p for ages now.

On a slight tangent, Joe Hart never looks...quite right to me. Maybe it's the hair/eyebrows, can't quite put my finger on it, but I don't trust him.

Staggered to think they used him as a hair model. Only in England. We are an ugly lot.

Agree with Tim here. Only those with the finest eyebrows should be allowed to represent their country at the highest level.

Air hostess clique

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 14:27 - Dec 14 with 3544 viewsBrightonhoop

They're in a proper mess, have been for years but now it's coming home to roost. Writing was on the wall with the Sherwood appt. They been set for the drop and escaped somehow in recent times, but this season looks nailed on for Championship Football next season. Cant see them escaping this one.
WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 14:44 - Dec 14 with 3524 viewsTacticalR

Does anyone remember all those articles stating that Randy Lerner was the 'ideal chairman'? Those were the days.

Anyway, I'll say no more because I never like to criticise another man's sugar daddy.

Air hostess clique

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 15:42 - Dec 14 with 3487 viewsPinnerPaul

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 17:25 - Dec 13 by Rangersw12

They're doomed and seem to be this year's QPR

I have little sympathy for their fans as always come across as gobby and cocky IMO
[Post edited 13 Dec 2015 17:30]

Having been told to "F*** off back to London" when we were up there the first season back - agree with you there, although stewards were friendly enough.
WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 15:45 - Dec 14 with 3485 viewsQPRski

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 23:25 - Dec 13 by enfieldargh

I havnt got over them beating us the in the league cup semi-final 2nd replay at Highbury, bloody Brian Little

He liked to score hatricks against us.

I remember quite a few painful ones. The most painful being at Highbury.
WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 16:20 - Dec 14 with 3445 viewsMick_S

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Login to get fewer ads

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 16:32 - Dec 14 with 3435 viewsNorthernr

Firstly I think it's a shame overall. They're a proper football club, in a proper stadium, not something that got to the top on the whim of one rich bloke, nor some middle of the road team playing in exactly the same stadium as a dozen other middle of the road teams in a fcking retail park. Villa Park, particularly when you approach it at night, is a fabulous place.

Secondly, they fell into the Charlton "he's taken us as far as he can" trap with Martin O'Neill when in fact he'd taken them as far as they were ever likely to go. Like Charlton, they'll probably never get back to the level they were at then again - sixth in the league, regular European football.

Thirdly, they'd have gone down several seasons ago if it wasn't for Benteke and QPR. Neither there to save them this year so this is fairly inevitable. I had them down dead last this season because they've been heaidng that way for a while and then appointed Sherwood as manager while selling their two best players. Also had Watford and Bournemouth going down though.

Fourthly, might actually do them some good if they get it right. They've been clinging on by their finger nails for years while spending loads on wages. Come down, strip it all out, great academy there to utilise, come back stronger and leaner.
WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 16:57 - Dec 14 with 3399 viewsjohncharles

I know a go by Villa fan. Last time I saw the sanctimonious buggier he was explaining how a heavy punishment for QPR under FFP would be good for football.
Down you go my son.

Strong and stable my arse.

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 18:35 - Dec 14 with 3358 viewsSuffolkHoop

I'm afraid I see villa joining the Leeds United, Nottingham Forest, Sheffield Wednesday club. They'll be sleeping in the Championship or even League One for a time, possibly for a decade or more. If those three cant get back to the top division, why are Villa any different? One of English footballs former giants, fallen from grace.
WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 16:44 - Jan 4 with 3228 viewsTacticalR

A good discussion about Villa on 5 Live.

One Villa fan put it very well - 'you can only go round the plughole so many times before you go down'.

There was also a very similar debate to the one we had about whether it's worth buying new players in January when it's pretty certain you're going down.

Air hostess clique

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 17:00 - Jan 4 with 3194 viewsMonahoop

Bumped into a local Villa supporter I know, I hadn't seen for a while in one of the local supermarkets this afternoon. We both spontaneously and amazingly said at the very moment we set eyes on each other ' Let's not talk about football'! And we didn't. Had a nice chat about the price of carrots instead.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 17:11 - Jan 4 with 3173 viewsrobith

When there was wind of us getting Sherwood, I remembering saying on here that he'd probably keep us up, but a year later we'd be back in the same mess.

Rare moment of being correct!
WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 17:24 - Jan 4 with 2939 viewsLythamR

I like Villa, its a nice football ground and i have generally found the supporters to be ok as well, I really like the team they had that won the 1st division then the European cup with Morley, Shaw, Withe etc

Wonderful kebabs in Whitton

but, as mentioned above, Highbury and Brian Little still festers and I think a relegation might give them a bit of humility
WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 18:03 - Jan 4 with 2875 viewsLazyFan

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 17:24 - Jan 4 by LythamR

I like Villa, its a nice football ground and i have generally found the supporters to be ok as well, I really like the team they had that won the 1st division then the European cup with Morley, Shaw, Withe etc

Wonderful kebabs in Whitton

but, as mentioned above, Highbury and Brian Little still festers and I think a relegation might give them a bit of humility

Hi,
When they go down, FFP will be interesting for them.
Especially after we get fined and deducted points with transfer embargo no doubt. We shall see if they get the same treatment!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 18:04 - Jan 4 with 2874 viewsJuzzie

Don't mind Villa, great ground good tradition etc. However, due to other clubs simply being worse they have survived.

It seems to me they haven't done much to try and stop the inevitable and merely hope there will always be three worse teams than them.

If that's the case it's very short sighted and they deserve to drop.
WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 18:34 - Jan 4 with 2805 viewsR_from_afar

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 23:38 - Dec 13 by TGRRRSSS

They have 6 points, and have 22 games remaining this season (League) So on the 40 point basis - 34 more points at least, so they need to win 10 games and draw a further 4 which allows them only a further 8 defeats from now till May.
This isn't exact science and there are other combinations - (If I've got this wrong well Maths isn't my fave thing) but roughly speaking the above is probably a minimum requirement - away at Geordies next week who've just got 2 wins from Spurs and Liverpool so will be dreaming if no doubt of Champions Leeague finish...

I just can't see it though, Villa look an absolute shambles, no leadership no direction and not enough players who are up to it in a dog battle that we know it is when down the bottom.
I give them about a 2% chance of avoiding relegation, what they do next season would be more curious giving Lerner's lack of interest now, it'll be far less when in Championship.
It's all laid on at Villa to be a superb club, but they blew it in the O'Neill era when lerner went hell for leather failed to get CL football and lost interest

Didn't it all start to unravel when Lerner decided he was going to sell Gareth Barry?

Lerner must have recurring nightmares about the way one decision triggered a slow, inexorable decline.

I feel for their fans, they love their club just like we love Rangers, but they might come back stronger.

And that ground: Marvellous place, my favourite ground after Loftus Road. Large, visually stunning, a real sense of history and a proper football ground, not some anonymous enormodome which calls to mind Fatima Whitbread chucking a spear around.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 18:53 - Jan 4 with 2784 viewsjohncharles

It's simple. It's about time Villa buggered off, stopped blocking the space. Give someone else a go. They've got nothing to offer. Just like these old MP's, hanging on to their jobs. Doing nothing for anyone. Just blocking everyone else's advancement. Get lost Villa, you're no use to anyone.

Strong and stable my arse.

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 19:48 - Jan 4 with 2734 viewsbillericaydicky

I got chased out of the main stand by a Meat Loaf lookalike and his mate in the mid 90s so fck 'em!
WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 20:00 - Jan 4 with 2714 viewsTacticalR

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 18:53 - Jan 4 by johncharles

It's simple. It's about time Villa buggered off, stopped blocking the space. Give someone else a go. They've got nothing to offer. Just like these old MP's, hanging on to their jobs. Doing nothing for anyone. Just blocking everyone else's advancement. Get lost Villa, you're no use to anyone.

Is it really a tale of the survival of the fittest? Or is it more a tale of the appetites, whims, inclinations and abilities of assorted Sugar Daddies?

Air hostess clique

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 20:42 - Jan 4 with 2675 viewsCHUBBS

Used to be a really big club and have probably my favourite ground since the Dell was demolished.
They,ve gone down the QPR route of signing big club lazy rejects more interested in the night life than playing the game.
We all knew Scott Sinclair was SWP(c@nt)mark2 and as for the back 4 they've all come from bigger clubs with millions in the bank and nowt to prove.
Worst of all that waste of talent Micah Richards who's thrown it all away,could you just imagine how good Clint would have been with Richards talent?
Another club who uses the QPR tried and trusted to fail method is Sunderland.
I rest my case.
Ps:a mate of mine works for Brighton and at last years AGM the owner Bloomberg was discussing where the club wanted to go and he used us our club as an example of everything they want to avoid doing,i couldn't help but laugh when he told me😃🔫
WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 20:55 - Jan 4 with 2655 viewsTacticalR

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 20:00 - Jan 4 by TacticalR

Is it really a tale of the survival of the fittest? Or is it more a tale of the appetites, whims, inclinations and abilities of assorted Sugar Daddies?

By the way, I am using 'Sugar Daddies' in a general sense here, since the government is West Ham's Sugar Daddy.

Air hostess clique

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 22:27 - Jan 4 with 2592 viewsBluce_Ree

F**k Villa. It's their time anyway. This decade's Coventry.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 00:14 - Jan 5 with 4317 viewsBrightonhoop

Chronically underfunded also rans an illustrious past unlikely to be seen again in a hundred years. Fck em.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024