Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MOM 23:04 - Dec 4 with 10958 viewsSwanseajill

in my view was the referee. He kept the game flowing with an unbiased view. No strutting or giving the players verbal earbashing. Both sets of players had plenty of respect for him

How refreshing. ....Can we have him every week?
MOM on 19:35 - Mar 14 with 1309 viewsPhaedrus

So if you like football, why do you spend all day talking about economics?

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

MOM on 19:38 - Mar 14 with 1301 viewsShaky

MOM on 19:35 - Mar 14 by Phaedrus

So if you like football, why do you spend all day talking about economics?

Well I don't, but it is something I happen to be pretty good at. So if a question comes up I am happy to lend my expertise.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

MOM on 19:41 - Mar 14 with 1297 viewsPhaedrus

You should let your points speak for themselves. You shouldn't need too qualify what you say if you are talking sense.

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

MOM on 19:43 - Mar 14 with 1291 viewsPhaedrus

If I came on here saying that "pi is 4. I must be right because I have 'a' level maths" then I would look a bit silly.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2014 19:43]

MOM on 19:45 - Mar 14 with 1288 viewsShaky

MOM on 19:41 - Mar 14 by Phaedrus

You should let your points speak for themselves. You shouldn't need too qualify what you say if you are talking sense.

Will I don't accept that is a charge I am particularly guilty of, but it is a fact that Uxbridge's favourite line of attack is semantics, or some kind of subtle restatement of what I said to claim my point as his own, or the use of impressive sounding jargon laden nonsense. Sometimes I respond to that, mostly I don't.

Anyway, the US moved to summer time last week and the market closes in 15minutes, after which time I am heading out for a pint. Bye for now.

Misology -- It's a bitch

MOM on 19:53 - Mar 14 with 1295 viewsmonmouth

MOM on 19:15 - Mar 14 by Shaky

A "professional level footballer"

I don't think I said that, did I?

Did you get you penchant for strawman argument from Plato? Wouldn't surprise me. . .

Oh Yes! Please do philosophy next. Shakrates.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

MOM on 20:00 - Mar 14 with 1280 viewsShaky

MOM on 19:53 - Mar 14 by monmouth

Oh Yes! Please do philosophy next. Shakrates.

Alright them, especially for you since you seem to be having a bit of a private meltdown, here is a bit of Eastern wisdom for you:

The BOOK OF THE VOID

The No To Ich Way of strategy is recorded in this the Book of the Void.

What is called the spirit of the void is where there is nothing. It is not included in man's knowledge. Of course the void is nothingness. By knowing things that exist, you can know that which does not exist. That is the void.

People in this world look at things mistakenly, and think that what they do not understand must be the void. This is not the true void. It is bewilderment.

In the Way of strategy as a warrior you must study fully other martial arts and not deviate even al little from the Way of the warrior. With your spirit settled, accumulate practice day by day, hour by hour. Polish the twofold spirit heart and mind, and sharpen the twofold gaze perception and sight. When your spirit is not in the least clouded, when the clouds of bewilderment clear away, there is the true void.

Until you realize the true Way, whether in Buddhism or in common sense, you may think that things are correct and in order. However, if we look at things objectively, from the viewpoint of laws of the world, we see various doctrines departing from the true Way. Know well this spirit, and with forthrightness as the foundation and the true spirit as the Way. Enact strategy broadly, correctly and openly.

Then you will come to think of things in a wide sense and, taking the void as the Way, you will see the Way as void.

In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence, the Way has existence, spirit is nothingness.

Twelfth day of the fifth month, second year of Shoho (1645).

Teruro Magonojo
SHINMEN MUSASHI

Misology -- It's a bitch

MOM on 23:31 - Mar 14 with 1247 viewslonglostjack

MOM on 20:00 - Mar 14 by Shaky

Alright them, especially for you since you seem to be having a bit of a private meltdown, here is a bit of Eastern wisdom for you:

The BOOK OF THE VOID

The No To Ich Way of strategy is recorded in this the Book of the Void.

What is called the spirit of the void is where there is nothing. It is not included in man's knowledge. Of course the void is nothingness. By knowing things that exist, you can know that which does not exist. That is the void.

People in this world look at things mistakenly, and think that what they do not understand must be the void. This is not the true void. It is bewilderment.

In the Way of strategy as a warrior you must study fully other martial arts and not deviate even al little from the Way of the warrior. With your spirit settled, accumulate practice day by day, hour by hour. Polish the twofold spirit heart and mind, and sharpen the twofold gaze perception and sight. When your spirit is not in the least clouded, when the clouds of bewilderment clear away, there is the true void.

Until you realize the true Way, whether in Buddhism or in common sense, you may think that things are correct and in order. However, if we look at things objectively, from the viewpoint of laws of the world, we see various doctrines departing from the true Way. Know well this spirit, and with forthrightness as the foundation and the true spirit as the Way. Enact strategy broadly, correctly and openly.

Then you will come to think of things in a wide sense and, taking the void as the Way, you will see the Way as void.

In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence, the Way has existence, spirit is nothingness.

Twelfth day of the fifth month, second year of Shoho (1645).

Teruro Magonojo
SHINMEN MUSASHI

Eric Cantona Seagulls 1995

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024