Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MOM 23:04 - Dec 4 with 10959 viewsSwanseajill

in my view was the referee. He kept the game flowing with an unbiased view. No strutting or giving the players verbal earbashing. Both sets of players had plenty of respect for him

How refreshing. ....Can we have him every week?
MOM on 11:53 - Dec 6 with 1763 viewsraynor94

MOM on 11:51 - Dec 6 by Uxbridge

Well, far be it from me to point out to a Global M&A titan like yourself that being out by a factor of 10 or 100 would indeed be a matter of a decimal place in the wrong place.

The internet truly is a strange place sometimes. I can understand why somebody would seek to pass themselves off as something interesting, but this? Weird.

Please ignore him Ux, god knows how many times he's hijacked this thread! it's tiresome in the extreme

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

MOM on 11:55 - Dec 6 with 1757 viewsUxbridge

MOM on 11:53 - Dec 6 by raynor94

Please ignore him Ux, god knows how many times he's hijacked this thread! it's tiresome in the extreme

Aye, fair enough. Last post on this thread from me.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

MOM on 14:23 - Dec 6 with 1710 viewsJackanapes

where did the idea come from that experience in the field is a guarantee of competence ?

Lots of idiots have jobs.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

MOM on 15:59 - Dec 6 with 1683 viewsjackonicko

A very interesting guy to speak to is Nick.

Made some bad decisions, but not an idiot by any means.
MOM on 16:56 - Dec 6 with 1665 viewsShaky

MOM on 15:59 - Dec 6 by jackonicko

A very interesting guy to speak to is Nick.

Made some bad decisions, but not an idiot by any means.

So should we infer you are a trader?

Hmmm. That is certainly possible but at the same time one of the reasons you failed the smell test this summer was you didn't realise that different people tend to do M&A and capital markets, which I would have thought was pretty common knowledge.

Anyway, if that is true perhaps you will be good enough to disabuse your chum Uxbridge of the notion that you have any kind of special insight into valuation at a convenient opportunity.

As for your earlier question I am looking for a low in GC around current levels followed by a rally back towards the late August high to top around the end of Q1, and then a plunge into a major low sometime late Q4. No charge for the advice ;-)

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

MOM on 18:40 - Dec 6 with 1639 viewsjackonicko

No you shouldn't. And I didn't ask you a question earlier, either.
MOM on 16:45 - Mar 14 with 1572 viewsShaky

MOM on 16:56 - Dec 6 by Shaky

So should we infer you are a trader?

Hmmm. That is certainly possible but at the same time one of the reasons you failed the smell test this summer was you didn't realise that different people tend to do M&A and capital markets, which I would have thought was pretty common knowledge.

Anyway, if that is true perhaps you will be good enough to disabuse your chum Uxbridge of the notion that you have any kind of special insight into valuation at a convenient opportunity.

As for your earlier question I am looking for a low in GC around current levels followed by a rally back towards the late August high to top around the end of Q1, and then a plunge into a major low sometime late Q4. No charge for the advice ;-)

Who said the age of prophecy was dead?

GC topping out now on schedule.

You can watch but you just don't learn, do you bozo?

Misology -- It's a bitch

MOM on 16:51 - Mar 14 with 1564 viewsShaky

Oh and for the uninitiated almost certainly including jackinoko, GC is the contract symbol for the most liquid gold futures contract traded on the Comex division of NYMEX.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Login to get fewer ads

MOM on 17:46 - Mar 14 with 1531 viewsjackonicko

MOM on 16:51 - Mar 14 by Shaky

Oh and for the uninitiated almost certainly including jackinoko, GC is the contract symbol for the most liquid gold futures contract traded on the Comex division of NYMEX.

I've already told you I'm not a trader, so certainly included in the "uninitiated" category. Why would I pretend to be something I'm not?

I'm probably asking the wrong person that question.
MOM on 17:53 - Mar 14 with 1527 viewsShaky

MOM on 17:46 - Mar 14 by jackonicko

I've already told you I'm not a trader, so certainly included in the "uninitiated" category. Why would I pretend to be something I'm not?

I'm probably asking the wrong person that question.

You pretended you were enough of a trader on the other thread to assert that my statements were false though, didn't you?

Why would you do that? Because you are a low-grade bullshit merchant, just like the other 2 stooges. And that goes regardless of what your business card says.

Now enough of this nonsense, I have a little counter-trend rally to trade.

Misology -- It's a bitch

MOM on 18:19 - Mar 14 with 1505 viewslonglostjack

Any chance of a Personal Vendetta forum being created for this site ?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

MOM on 18:25 - Mar 14 with 1501 viewsScoobyWho

MOM on 18:19 - Mar 14 by longlostjack

Any chance of a Personal Vendetta forum being created for this site ?

Your on it, its everywhere.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

MOM on 18:37 - Mar 14 with 1487 viewsPhaedrus

The thing is, if i was a gifted city trader, I would too busy out enjoying life to come on here bragging about my brilliance. I think my fleet of Mercs would be enough of an ego boost.

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

MOM on 18:40 - Mar 14 with 1482 viewsmonmouth

MOM on 18:37 - Mar 14 by Phaedrus

The thing is, if i was a gifted city trader, I would too busy out enjoying life to come on here bragging about my brilliance. I think my fleet of Mercs would be enough of an ego boost.

Yes, I asked what was next......and what did we get:

Shaky Geekko: The Tea Boy of Wall Street.

This lad's talents know no bounds.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

MOM on 18:44 - Mar 14 with 1469 viewsPhaedrus

MOM on 18:40 - Mar 14 by monmouth

Yes, I asked what was next......and what did we get:

Shaky Geekko: The Tea Boy of Wall Street.

This lad's talents know no bounds.

Well hes also a professional level footballer. It begs the question, why would anyone so talented need to boast about it. Do you think Ryan Giggs has an account on Red cafe?

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

MOM on 18:46 - Mar 14 with 1462 viewsmonmouth

MOM on 18:44 - Mar 14 by Phaedrus

Well hes also a professional level footballer. It begs the question, why would anyone so talented need to boast about it. Do you think Ryan Giggs has an account on Red cafe?

'Shiggsy'?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

MOM on 18:47 - Mar 14 with 1461 viewsApeShit

MOM on 18:46 - Mar 14 by monmouth

'Shiggsy'?

MOM on 18:58 - Mar 14 with 1444 viewsPhaedrus

Try to imagine Donald Trump going online, during filming breaks from the Apprentice, and starting arguments on the Rochdale forum.

MOM on 19:11 - Mar 14 with 1430 viewsShaky

MOM on 18:37 - Mar 14 by Phaedrus

Ah good Phaderus, I haven't seen you since you called me arrogantly stupid for stating my belief that Jenkins was lying when he said he hadn't had any discussions about Laudrup 18 hours or so before he sacked him.

I wasn't bragging about my prophetic abilities just pointing out I was dead on the money. For now that is, but I now doubt the next move will be what I originally predicted; successful trading is more about knowing the next step than the final destination you see.

And there are many styles of traders. If you want to actually learn something about the discipline rather than merely spout off about that which you know nothing, you might with advantage read this:

Traders Beat Market Indexes Borrowing Tools From Sports

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-03-11/traders-beat-market-indexes-borrowing-t

That's not my style, however.

Misology -- It's a bitch

MOM on 19:15 - Mar 14 with 1417 viewsShaky

MOM on 18:44 - Mar 14 by Phaedrus

A "professional level footballer"

I don't think I said that, did I?

Did you get you penchant for strawman argument from Plato? Wouldn't surprise me. . .

Misology -- It's a bitch

MOM on 19:19 - Mar 14 with 1413 viewsPhaedrus

Its painful watching you try perpetuate this .Do you think if you post a few wiki links that will suddenly convince anyone you are actually a successful financier?

MOM on 19:22 - Mar 14 with 1406 viewsPhaedrus

Itinery for Friday.

Open pay-slip. £100k this week.
To celebrate go on planetswans and brag. Yup. Totally plausible.

MOM on 19:26 - Mar 14 with 1401 viewsShaky

MOM on 19:19 - Mar 14 by Phaedrus

Its painful watching you try perpetuate this .Do you think if you post a few wiki links that will suddenly convince anyone you are actually a successful financier?

I honestly couldn't care less what people think. In fact one of the problems I face as an occasional trader is boredom, waiting for my trading setups to line up.

So I am in fact pleased to find light distraction in the form of people such as yourself and the 3 stooges.

And I honestly believe that if you lot just keep plugging away, within 3 or 4 years there is a better than 7 or 8% chance that you might actually land some sort of actual sucker punch on me while I am distracted.

Just keep plugging away, chumps. . . err I mean champs.

Misology -- It's a bitch

MOM on 19:29 - Mar 14 with 1397 viewsPhaedrus

If you want to know what someone believes, look at their actions.
If you didn't care what people thought, you wouldn't spend all day trying to convince everyone how successful and clever you are.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2014 19:31]

MOM on 19:33 - Mar 14 with 1390 viewsShaky

MOM on 19:29 - Mar 14 by Phaedrus

If you want to know what someone believes, look at their actions.
If you didn't care what people thought, you wouldn't spend all day trying to convince everyone how successful and clever you are.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2014 19:31]

I'll tell you what motivates me; the reason I left the City was I came to despise the lies in general and the bullshit merchants in particular. That's why when I see low grade bullshit merchants like Uxbridge and Jackinocko I will react.

Oh and I like foootball too.

Misology -- It's a bitch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024