Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clydach murders new book coming out. 09:52 - Sep 20 with 87027 viewspikeypaul

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/man-convicted-murdering-three-gener

This new book should be an interesting read but no doubt only tell us things we have already read and know.

Did not realise it was going yet again to the court of appeal next year.

[Post edited 20 Sep 2017 9:56]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 21:33 - Sep 27 with 6207 viewsMeraki

Third time lucky maybe?
Clydach murders new book coming out. on 21:47 - Sep 27 with 6179 viewstrampie

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 21:33 - Sep 27 by Meraki

Third time lucky maybe?

I would not put money on it because of the police involvement around this case and therefore the politics surrounding this case.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2017 22:28]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 22:40 - Sep 27 with 6129 viewsdcd14

The part I disliked about the trials from reading the book; is that during both trials the judge in his closing statement always asked the jury to chose between Morris or Alison Lewis.

He should have been asking whether Morris was guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

The jury were given a 50:50 choice, there was only going to be one result.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2017 22:45]
Clydach murders new book coming out. on 23:25 - Sep 27 with 6081 viewsJack123

What did Morris do using extreme violence? I looked at the Daily Mail link, and iirc it was a handbag snatch or something, when he was young? Any links? i was under the impression they were petty offences(handbag snatch is naughty I know), but I'm sure I never saw extreme violence? Ah found the article. w.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2845510/Who-REALLY-murdered-married-WPC-s-lesbian-lover.html

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2845510/Who-REALLY-murdered-married-WPC-
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

This bit!!

True, he had a criminal record — but for car theft and a bag-snatch robbery in his teens. There was nothing in his past to suggest he was capable of slaughtering a family, and from the day of his arrest in 2001 he has protested his innocence.

[Post edited 27 Sep 2017 23:42]

libera nos a malo

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 00:39 - Sep 28 with 6042 viewsJack123

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 22:40 - Sep 27 by dcd14

The part I disliked about the trials from reading the book; is that during both trials the judge in his closing statement always asked the jury to chose between Morris or Alison Lewis.

It stinks to high heaven! I have a funny feeling though if those police officers are involved, I think you can add another few more officers guilty as well!

There are so many things underhanded about the way the police have have handled this case, it needs a very, very thorough investigation and if it's not foul play by them.. (It is) I'll eat my token hat!
[Post edited 28 Sep 2017 0:40]

libera nos a malo

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 00:46 - Sep 28 with 6037 viewsMeraki

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 22:40 - Sep 27 by dcd14

That reminds me of the time the Trust asked us to vote on whether to take legal action or not...
Clydach murders new book coming out. on 08:14 - Sep 28 with 5983 viewsdcd14

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 00:39 - Sep 28 by Jack123

It stinks to high heaven! I have a funny feeling though if those police officers are involved, I think you can add another few more officers guilty as well!

There are so many things underhanded about the way the police have have handled this case, it needs a very, very thorough investigation and if it's not foul play by them.. (It is) I'll eat my token hat!
[Post edited 28 Sep 2017 0:40]

The book suggested that as soon as the SWP learned of Alison Lewis, her husband and brother had any links to Mandy Power that it should have immediately handed the investigation to another force.

Alison Lewis when working as a police officer had to report to Martyn Lloyd-Evans who was the acting Detective Superintendent.

A lot of his actions were also strange; the efit was not released for over a year and when the lineup for the witness was put together they never included Stuart Lewis; whom the efit matched more than his brother (who had an alibi!).

Effectively not putting the man in the lineup with no alibi and couldn't explain why he went missing at the time of the murders. (The car log also "went missing", witnesses reported a car of the same description in the area at the time of the murders).

He also lied that he was in the office.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2017 8:17]
Clydach murders new book coming out. on 09:48 - Sep 28 with 5955 viewsValerie

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 08:14 - Sep 28 by dcd14

The book suggested that as soon as the SWP learned of Alison Lewis, her husband and brother had any links to Mandy Power that it should have immediately handed the investigation to another force.

Alison Lewis when working as a police officer had to report to Martyn Lloyd-Evans who was the acting Detective Superintendent.

A lot of his actions were also strange; the efit was not released for over a year and when the lineup for the witness was put together they never included Stuart Lewis; whom the efit matched more than his brother (who had an alibi!).

Effectively not putting the man in the lineup with no alibi and couldn't explain why he went missing at the time of the murders. (The car log also "went missing", witnesses reported a car of the same description in the area at the time of the murders).

He also lied that he was in the office.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2017 8:17]

Wingstandwood will be along soon to tell us how none of that is out of the ordinary and common police procedure soon.

Of course it's beyond suspicious.
Login to get fewer ads

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 10:22 - Sep 28 with 5929 viewsWingstandwood

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 23:25 - Sep 27 by Jack123

What did Morris do using extreme violence? I looked at the Daily Mail link, and iirc it was a handbag snatch or something, when he was young? Any links? i was under the impression they were petty offences(handbag snatch is naughty I know), but I'm sure I never saw extreme violence? Ah found the article. w.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2845510/Who-REALLY-murdered-married-WPC-s-lesbian-lover.html

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2845510/Who-REALLY-murdered-married-WPC-
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

This bit!!

True, he had a criminal record — but for car theft and a bag-snatch robbery in his teens. There was nothing in his past to suggest he was capable of slaughtering a family, and from the day of his arrest in 2001 he has protested his innocence.

[Post edited 27 Sep 2017 23:42]

Quote yourself: "There was nothing in his past to suggest he was capable of slaughtering a family, and from the day of his arrest in 2001 he has protested his innocence".

He beat a fellow neighbours friend multiple times with an iron bar ( 5hrs of neurosurgery followed) the guy jumped out of a window thus saving his own life.

Reported by HTV Wales and other sources like The Guardian paper etc.

Quote paper: "in a powerful illustration of the extent to which he was feared, the two prosecution witnesses contradicted theirs. This time, Morris made sure there were no witnesses". (end of quote).

Argus!

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 10:25 - Sep 28 with 5927 viewsJack123

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 10:22 - Sep 28 by Wingstandwood

Quote yourself: "There was nothing in his past to suggest he was capable of slaughtering a family, and from the day of his arrest in 2001 he has protested his innocence".

He beat a fellow neighbours friend multiple times with an iron bar ( 5hrs of neurosurgery followed) the guy jumped out of a window thus saving his own life.

Reported by HTV Wales and other sources like The Guardian paper etc.

Quote paper: "in a powerful illustration of the extent to which he was feared, the two prosecution witnesses contradicted theirs. This time, Morris made sure there were no witnesses". (end of quote).

That wasn't my quote, I copied and pasted it from the mail article.

libera nos a malo

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 10:32 - Sep 28 with 5918 viewsWingstandwood

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 10:25 - Sep 28 by Jack123

That wasn't my quote, I copied and pasted it from the mail article.

Well unlike BBC Panorama, unlike like the book, unlike like other sources? Some did not hide it, some didn't bury it ...... Credit to HTV Wales for mentioning it?

Argus!

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 11:25 - Sep 28 with 5888 viewsdcd14

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 10:32 - Sep 28 by Wingstandwood

Well unlike BBC Panorama, unlike like the book, unlike like other sources? Some did not hide it, some didn't bury it ...... Credit to HTV Wales for mentioning it?

The book didn't portray Morris to be a saint; the book was making a point that the author believed as with other crime analysts that there was a miscarriage of justice.

I don't for one minute believe that the jury were a 100% confident that beyond reasonable doubt he carried out the murders based on the evidence in that trial.

In the first trial his solicitor had made a deal with the Lewis brothers (whom he also represented) that certain lines of questioning would not be asked, Stuart didn't even take the stand despite being potentially seen by a witness and not having an alibi.

The second trial once more the judge made it a 50:50 choice for the jury, and whilst the conviction had been overturned before it, there was still a stigma for the jury to deal with as they were trying a man who had been found guilty previously (although lawfully it should be seen he hadn't).

The judge in both trials should not have asked the jury to decide; they were not detectives, they were there to decide whether or not the proof provided beyond reasonable doubt he had committed the murders.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2017 11:27]
Clydach murders new book coming out. on 11:33 - Sep 28 with 5879 viewsWingstandwood

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 11:25 - Sep 28 by dcd14

The book didn't portray Morris to be a saint; the book was making a point that the author believed as with other crime analysts that there was a miscarriage of justice.

I don't for one minute believe that the jury were a 100% confident that beyond reasonable doubt he carried out the murders based on the evidence in that trial.

In the first trial his solicitor had made a deal with the Lewis brothers (whom he also represented) that certain lines of questioning would not be asked, Stuart didn't even take the stand despite being potentially seen by a witness and not having an alibi.

The second trial once more the judge made it a 50:50 choice for the jury, and whilst the conviction had been overturned before it, there was still a stigma for the jury to deal with as they were trying a man who had been found guilty previously (although lawfully it should be seen he hadn't).

The judge in both trials should not have asked the jury to decide; they were not detectives, they were there to decide whether or not the proof provided beyond reasonable doubt he had committed the murders.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2017 11:27]

Did the book mention? I find it extremely important bearing the way the murders (all sustained head trauma) were committed.........Morris once hit a man (another completely different man to the one last mentioned) over the head with a length of wood?.................Did the author mention that for both balance and credibility sake?
[Post edited 28 Sep 2017 11:52]

Argus!

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 11:52 - Sep 28 with 5862 viewsdcd14

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 11:33 - Sep 28 by Wingstandwood

Did the book mention? I find it extremely important bearing the way the murders (all sustained head trauma) were committed.........Morris once hit a man (another completely different man to the one last mentioned) over the head with a length of wood?.................Did the author mention that for both balance and credibility sake?
[Post edited 28 Sep 2017 11:52]

I don't think so no.
Clydach murders new book coming out. on 11:55 - Sep 28 with 5854 viewsWingstandwood

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 11:52 - Sep 28 by dcd14

I don't think so no.

Thanks for your reply. You are indeed courteous. My opinion may be different to others, they have every right to question and have their own opinion.

Argus!

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 12:17 - Sep 28 with 5841 viewsdcd14

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 11:55 - Sep 28 by Wingstandwood

Thanks for your reply. You are indeed courteous. My opinion may be different to others, they have every right to question and have their own opinion.

Totally.

No problem.
(No subject) (n/t) on 14:40 - Sep 28 with 5778 viewsValerie

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 14:49 - Sep 28 with 5772 viewspikeypaul

So Morris once hit somebody with a piece of wood makes him the murderer of 4 people? It has absolutely no bearing on the case.

It should have been was it proved beyond readonable doubt Morris was the murderer not was it Morris or Lewis.

The fact that Lewis had no alibi since he "forgot where he was" falsified police reports,lied about ever being in Mandy Powers house in the past,had threatened to kill her if she did not keep away from his wife, the efit of the witness was more or less an exact likeness to him and strangly kept out of the investigation for over a year, I think have far more relevance to the case.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2017 14:50]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 15:46 - Sep 28 with 5744 viewsWingstandwood

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 14:49 - Sep 28 by pikeypaul

So Morris once hit somebody with a piece of wood makes him the murderer of 4 people? It has absolutely no bearing on the case.

It should have been was it proved beyond readonable doubt Morris was the murderer not was it Morris or Lewis.

The fact that Lewis had no alibi since he "forgot where he was" falsified police reports,lied about ever being in Mandy Powers house in the past,had threatened to kill her if she did not keep away from his wife, the efit of the witness was more or less an exact likeness to him and strangly kept out of the investigation for over a year, I think have far more relevance to the case.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2017 14:50]

Quote: “So Morris once hit somebody with a piece of wood makes him the murderer of 4 people? It has absolutely no bearing on the case". (End of quote)

You forgot to mention (previous victim No 2) and the crushing of that other individuals scull with an iron bar by Morris to further and enhance your case/debate for violence like that having no relevance to Morris guilt also.

And you never mentioned another mysterious eFIT of the woman whom was never traced and never charged.....Just like the guy you previously mentioned in the other eFIT.

And you never mentioned (HTV Wales did by means of an actor and video reconstruction) of another individual witnessed i.e. the one matching Morris description/attire (not many out dressed like that in that type of weather) seen walking towards the murders scene...... The time and route coincided with Morris New Inn departure.

No need to thank me folks for my additional information!

Argus!

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 16:58 - Sep 28 with 5695 viewstrampie

Wingy you are missing the point.

There is a grey area in lots of cases where people might think that somebody is more likely to have done the crime they are charged with than not, they might think it's 60-40 they done it, or 70-30 they done it or even 75-25 they done it, but is that enough to convict in a criminal case ?, does 66.66 - 33.33 equate to beyond reasonable doubt ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 17:09 - Sep 28 with 5676 viewstrampie

Talking in general it's a problem if someone is convicted and the judge and jury got it wrong, it then is very hard to get it overturned.

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 17:17 - Sep 28 with 5665 viewstrampie

Generally speaking if multiple appeals and retrials are granted but there is the same outcome it doesn't necessarily mean the conviction is safe as such as there would still be doubt surrounding the case as appeal judges would not order retrials and the like in the first place if it was a stonewaller, once someone is done even in a 'close' case it's hard to get it overturned even if the original outcome was a bit dodgy.

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 17:20 - Sep 28 with 5654 viewstrampie

Wingy did you watch the English nanny case ?, did you think she was guilty ?, did the top judge and expert jury get it right ?

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 17:50 - Sep 28 with 5623 viewstrampie

Wingy did you follow the Ched case ?, what was your thoughts on that one ?

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 18:50 - Sep 28 with 5585 viewsexhmrc1

Has this book examined the Morris story of events. It was known he was never without this chain yet he now claims to have left it when having sex with Mandy 24 hours before. Would someone who left it there not have gone back sometime the next day. He spent most of the day in a pub 1/2 mile away rom the murder scene 10 minutes walk away but never went to get an item he cherished. In fact the earliest he would have gone to collect it would have been the Sunday 2 days after he claimed he was there.

Given the fact he always had the chain around his neck would not someone in the pub not have noticed this.

As far the his claim he intended going to his mothers. She lived in Swansea. On leaving the New Inn the road goes one of two ways. Turning left would have taken him through Clydach, Ynystawe and probably Morriston. Turning right would have taken him up to Craag Cefn Parc and back along Rhyddwen Road past his house to the Millers through to Llangyfelach. The only other routes would have been through woods and fields and given he had done nothing why would he choose these.

I am all for proving guilt. I believed Evans conviction was unsafe and also have severe doubts over the Adam Johnson case for the same reason.

However there is actual evidence in this case and I believe this evidence is as good as you will ever get other than an admission.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024