Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clydach murders new book coming out. 09:52 - Sep 20 with 84607 viewspikeypaul

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/man-convicted-murdering-three-gener

This new book should be an interesting read but no doubt only tell us things we have already read and know.

Did not realise it was going yet again to the court of appeal next year.

[Post edited 20 Sep 2017 9:56]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 21:44 - Sep 26 with 9165 viewsdcd14

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 21:41 - Sep 26 by Wingstandwood

Thanks for your answers!

No problem.

I get my opinion is based purely on the book so therefore there id imagine there is a lot I would not know.

There does seem to be a lot of unanswered questions though and a lot of lies from all parties.
Clydach murders new book coming out. on 21:47 - Sep 26 with 9150 viewsDr_Winston

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 21:41 - Sep 26 by dcd14

Agreed.

But the prosecution argued that the chain was ripped off in a struggle with Mandy during the killings, surely a fibre of some sort would enter the equation?

If a fibre could be traced back to an item of clothing he was wearing at the time and still possessed at the time he was arrested. He had a while to get rid of everything if memory serves.

It's a fascinating case, though I've not seen anything that I'd deem compelling enough to suggest that Morris is the subject of a fit up.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 21:48 - Sep 26 with 9146 viewsdcd14

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 21:47 - Sep 26 by Dr_Winston

If a fibre could be traced back to an item of clothing he was wearing at the time and still possessed at the time he was arrested. He had a while to get rid of everything if memory serves.

It's a fascinating case, though I've not seen anything that I'd deem compelling enough to suggest that Morris is the subject of a fit up.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Yes he did have a long time.
Clydach murders new book coming out. on 23:11 - Sep 26 with 9067 viewsFieryJack

I can recall the quite shocking and sickening detail of the reports in the Evening Post (check it out, if you can find it online).

I thought the EP was out of order printing stuff like that - I've never seen such gross stuff in a local paper before or since, and wouldn't repeat it here.

By mischance, the day after reading this vomit-inducing stuff, I was walking down the Gwent in Townhill & was stopped by a woman who wanted me to sign a "Dai Morris is innocent" petition - turned out it was his sister or cousin or niece - can't remember which - and, still shook up by the newspaper report, gave her a mouthful of abuse. Something I regretted within minutes.

I hope Dai Morris is the one. I'd hate to think someone else has got away with it.

That documentary about the case on tv a few years back made a very persuasive case for it being one or more of the 3 coppers arrested at the time.
Clydach murders new book coming out. on 17:15 - Sep 27 with 8897 viewstrampie

Power corrupts is a saying.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 17:17 - Sep 27 with 8894 viewstrampie

In other news, i notice that Lady Lucan has just passed away.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 18:07 - Sep 27 with 8862 viewsWingstandwood

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 23:11 - Sep 26 by FieryJack

I can recall the quite shocking and sickening detail of the reports in the Evening Post (check it out, if you can find it online).

I thought the EP was out of order printing stuff like that - I've never seen such gross stuff in a local paper before or since, and wouldn't repeat it here.

By mischance, the day after reading this vomit-inducing stuff, I was walking down the Gwent in Townhill & was stopped by a woman who wanted me to sign a "Dai Morris is innocent" petition - turned out it was his sister or cousin or niece - can't remember which - and, still shook up by the newspaper report, gave her a mouthful of abuse. Something I regretted within minutes.

I hope Dai Morris is the one. I'd hate to think someone else has got away with it.

That documentary about the case on tv a few years back made a very persuasive case for it being one or more of the 3 coppers arrested at the time.

Could that programme you watched have been Panorama 'Fair Cops' edition?

That programme ended up having to pay damages to a Clydach Murders investigative police officer and blatantly omitted material that would have been crucial for balanced journalism. It never mentioned a previous horrendous attack involving Morris and other important details from the first trial etc. A cherry picked travesty it truly was!

The new book looks to also have maybe not given a more required fuller picture e.g. A previous Morris incident involving extreme violence and stating the fact that Morris chain was not found to have his DNA on it?.... Mentioned on here by a reader “No but it did mention that the chain had none of Morris DNA on it either".

Well folks! Police forensics could not test his chain for DNA because it was caked in victim(s) blood. Did the book mention that fact?

"Patrick Harrington said forensic scientists could not take DNA from the chain because it was caked in blood.
"But he did say that when it was examined by the chain's manufacturers, a blob of paint was found and it was indistinguishable from paint at David Morris's house - this he said was a crucially important discovery.

Argus!

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 18:39 - Sep 27 with 8815 viewstrampie

Wingy here is something for you to ponder, is the convicted guilty beyond reasonable doubt ?

He might have been found guilty and by definition beyond reasonable doubt, but does the evidence fit beyond the reasonable doubt test ?

I've always found even difficult cases easy to read, forget guilty or not guilty sometimes that can not be proven, I seen the Ched Evans case and what some people on here was saying and I was thinking to myself have you seen the evidence, is it beyond reasonable doubt, I would not be saying those things as he is likely to win an appeal.
I read the Evans case, the Norfolk farmer, the English nanny, John Terry and Suarez case - others could not read it, one body/court finding one way, another finding another but it was obvious, yet people could not read it, Pistorious and other high profile cases.

How guilty is he based on evidence against the 'beyond reasonable doubt' test, now you need a percentage for beyond reasonable doubt which I've never seen, I thought to myself got to be an absolute minimum of 85%, minimum, just banged something in the search engine but I think it was Yankee 51% for civil, 98%-99% for criminal.
Is he 98%-99% guilty based on evidence ?

If somebody said they thought 60-40 he had done it, fine, ok, but should he have been found guilty in a criminal court ?......hmm

Anyway having called every single 'close' trial correct over the years as regards, retrial, down graded sentence, aquittal etc, this one involves the police and I don't think they will overturn it for that reason unless there is compelling new evidence that they can't ignore.

Login to get fewer ads

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 18:54 - Sep 27 with 8802 viewsFlashberryjack

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 21:31 - Sep 26 by dcd14

I don't dispute he lied and the book did mention it also.

I just cant get my head around how he managed to clear every last ounce of his own DNA from the crime scene.

The house was set on fire, bodies disturbed by firemen, so much cross contamination.

He lied about everything until the investigating officers disproved each of his lies.

He's still lying now.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 19:01 - Sep 27 with 8781 viewstrampie

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 18:54 - Sep 27 by Flashberryjack

The house was set on fire, bodies disturbed by firemen, so much cross contamination.

He lied about everything until the investigating officers disproved each of his lies.

He's still lying now.

Was he the only one in the frame lying ?, weren't others behaving oddly ?, not been able to account for their whereabouts and not saying what had gone on and no notes, going freelance off grid for unknown reasons etc etc

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 19:04 - Sep 27 with 8782 viewsdcd14

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 19:01 - Sep 27 by trampie

Was he the only one in the frame lying ?, weren't others behaving oddly ?, not been able to account for their whereabouts and not saying what had gone on and no notes, going freelance off grid for unknown reasons etc etc

They all lied.
Clydach murders new book coming out. on 19:06 - Sep 27 with 8770 viewstrampie

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 18:38 - Sep 21 by Wingstandwood

The numerous evidence destroying fires e.g. extreme kitchen destruction etc shown on BBC Panorama sort of says something along with the fact the killer used a sock (or pair of) as gloves on night of murders.

The cr#p I've heard (read it on here previous) about the entire bath plumbing system being removed and cleaned is utter b#llshit...... Precious time used there to do that.....There are a few other urban myths that were never metioned once in both the court cases and even if true? Why was stuff that would be profound evidence and of extreme significance never mentioned?
[Post edited 21 Sep 2017 18:41]

Hey Wingy light bulbs, are you hearing anything about light bulbs ?, anything in these documentaries or anything mentioned in court ?
[Post edited 27 Sep 2017 19:27]

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 19:41 - Sep 27 with 8751 viewsdickythorpe

Osram Watt is your man Trampie.
Clydach murders new book coming out. on 19:54 - Sep 27 with 8730 viewsWingstandwood

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 19:06 - Sep 27 by trampie

Hey Wingy light bulbs, are you hearing anything about light bulbs ?, anything in these documentaries or anything mentioned in court ?
[Post edited 27 Sep 2017 19:27]

Hearing anything about light bulbs?....The lighting in one bedroom was indeed known to have been damaged by the wielding of the 4ft pole murder weapon requiring the killer to inspect/attempt intervention of the down stairs fuse box.

Argus!

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 20:07 - Sep 27 with 8695 viewstrampie

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 19:54 - Sep 27 by Wingstandwood

Hearing anything about light bulbs?....The lighting in one bedroom was indeed known to have been damaged by the wielding of the 4ft pole murder weapon requiring the killer to inspect/attempt intervention of the down stairs fuse box.

Oh

Reading about the Lucan case, lying in wait with a pole, light bulb taken out and all that, do they teach detective types famous cases ?......what do laymen know uh.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2017 20:08]

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 20:15 - Sep 27 with 8676 viewstrampie

Did others have a greater motive ?, some would say yes definitely.
Who out of the suspects would have been most forensically aware, others would have been more forensically aware than Morris one would have thought.

The actions of some of the police was very suspicious, the ones that had a connection that is.

Who knows who did it, but was Morris guilty beyond reasonable doubt ?, should he have been found guilty ?....hmm, whether he did it or not is a different question to should he have been found guilty,
[Post edited 27 Sep 2017 20:40]

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 20:46 - Sep 27 with 8652 viewsHumpty

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 20:50 - Sep 26 by dcd14

An absolute lack of evidence to convict.

I was young when the murders took place and prior to this book had no knowledge of the events.

The guy was a violent thug but incapable imo of managing to murder 4 people in such circumstances and manage to leave absolutely no DNA at the crime scene.

Strange behaviour by the police; not releasing an efit image during several tv appeals (mainly imo because the efit looked like one of the Lewis brothers), why it took the police over a year to first arrest the Lewis brothers and wife despite evidence stacking up against them, why they also failed to put Stuart Lewis in the police lineup for the witness to identify when the efit resembled him more than his brother.

Lots more and well worth a read tbh.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2017 20:57]

Very strange about the photofit. Why not release it?

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 20:48 - Sep 27 with 8646 viewsJackfath

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 20:46 - Sep 27 by Humpty

Very strange about the photofit. Why not release it?

Who witnessed the event to produce the photofit?

That's an uncanny resemblance.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 20:48 - Sep 27 with 8646 viewsWingstandwood

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 20:15 - Sep 27 by trampie

Did others have a greater motive ?, some would say yes definitely.
Who out of the suspects would have been most forensically aware, others would have been more forensically aware than Morris one would have thought.

The actions of some of the police was very suspicious, the ones that had a connection that is.

Who knows who did it, but was Morris guilty beyond reasonable doubt ?, should he have been found guilty ?....hmm, whether he did it or not is a different question to should he have been found guilty,
[Post edited 27 Sep 2017 20:40]

Beyond reasonable doubt! Yep, he's guilty. The only thing possibly worse Morris could have done is have video'd it all Go-Pro style and left the equipment and vital evidence behind like he did with the gold chain.

And yep! Mandy Powers family were happy with two guilty verdicts and even stood outside the courtroom saying so whilst being only feet way from someone who some conspiracy idiots say was the actual murderer. There was no clutching at straws, no urban myths and on denial of bleeding bloody obvious! Morris did it, it was no Lord Lucan inspired plot!

Argus!

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 20:50 - Sep 27 with 8641 viewsHumpty

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 20:48 - Sep 27 by Jackfath

Who witnessed the event to produce the photofit?

That's an uncanny resemblance.

A neighbour I believe. Saw a man walking briskly away from the area in the early hours of the morning.
Clydach murders new book coming out. on 20:51 - Sep 27 with 8631 viewsJackfath

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 20:50 - Sep 27 by Humpty

A neighbour I believe. Saw a man walking briskly away from the area in the early hours of the morning.

Blimey. What a coincidence!

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 20:53 - Sep 27 with 8627 viewsHumpty

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 20:51 - Sep 27 by Jackfath

Blimey. What a coincidence!

Indeed.

None of the Lewises was charged, but Stuart still faces disciplinary proceedings. A police inquiry into his behaviour, the conclusions of which The Observer has seen, found he could not account for his movements at the time of the murders, although he had been on duty. He did not write about this in his notebook until two days later, and even then parts of it appeared to have been altered.

The report found that when Stuart got to the scene, firemen and paramedics told him that the victims had not died as a result of the fire, but had been attacked. The bodies, which were outside the house, were covered in blood.

Yet instead of telling his control room and senior colleagues that there appeared to have been a mass murder, and setting a homicide inquiry in motion, Lewis disappeared for an hour. As a result, the house was not secured, and valuable time for the start of forensic inquiries lost.

The force realised the seriousness of the crime only when other night duty officers who had been at the scene returned to their base at the end of their shift. Lewis gave the internal inquiry an account of his whereabouts after he went to Clydach, but according to the report, what he said was untrue.

Morris's trial heard that on the night of the killings a witness, Nicola Williams, saw a man walking from the direction of Mandy Power's house, carrying a bag. Williams looked at him closely, she said, and thought he was wearing what looked like a police jacket.

She produced an E-fit, which looks like Stephen Lewis. Fifteen months later, she picked out the sergeant on an identity parade. The judge told the jury to disregard this, however, because Stephen had an alibi: that he was in bed with his wife, Alison.

And the jurors were not told that the E-fit looked even more like Stephen's twin, Stuart, and that he could not account for his movements that night.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2003/nov/23/ukcrime
[Post edited 27 Sep 2017 20:56]
Clydach murders new book coming out. on 21:01 - Sep 27 with 8604 viewspikeypaul

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 20:53 - Sep 27 by Humpty

Indeed.

None of the Lewises was charged, but Stuart still faces disciplinary proceedings. A police inquiry into his behaviour, the conclusions of which The Observer has seen, found he could not account for his movements at the time of the murders, although he had been on duty. He did not write about this in his notebook until two days later, and even then parts of it appeared to have been altered.

The report found that when Stuart got to the scene, firemen and paramedics told him that the victims had not died as a result of the fire, but had been attacked. The bodies, which were outside the house, were covered in blood.

Yet instead of telling his control room and senior colleagues that there appeared to have been a mass murder, and setting a homicide inquiry in motion, Lewis disappeared for an hour. As a result, the house was not secured, and valuable time for the start of forensic inquiries lost.

The force realised the seriousness of the crime only when other night duty officers who had been at the scene returned to their base at the end of their shift. Lewis gave the internal inquiry an account of his whereabouts after he went to Clydach, but according to the report, what he said was untrue.

Morris's trial heard that on the night of the killings a witness, Nicola Williams, saw a man walking from the direction of Mandy Power's house, carrying a bag. Williams looked at him closely, she said, and thought he was wearing what looked like a police jacket.

She produced an E-fit, which looks like Stephen Lewis. Fifteen months later, she picked out the sergeant on an identity parade. The judge told the jury to disregard this, however, because Stephen had an alibi: that he was in bed with his wife, Alison.

And the jurors were not told that the E-fit looked even more like Stephen's twin, Stuart, and that he could not account for his movements that night.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2003/nov/23/ukcrime
[Post edited 27 Sep 2017 20:56]

Enough said.

And all this will be brought up next year.

A few people will be crapping it at the moment.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2017 21:03]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 21:05 - Sep 27 with 8583 viewstrampie

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 20:48 - Sep 27 by Wingstandwood

Beyond reasonable doubt! Yep, he's guilty. The only thing possibly worse Morris could have done is have video'd it all Go-Pro style and left the equipment and vital evidence behind like he did with the gold chain.

And yep! Mandy Powers family were happy with two guilty verdicts and even stood outside the courtroom saying so whilst being only feet way from someone who some conspiracy idiots say was the actual murderer. There was no clutching at straws, no urban myths and on denial of bleeding bloody obvious! Morris did it, it was no Lord Lucan inspired plot!

Fine you think he has done it, but it's not an open and shut case and you make out it is, I can't see why you are so certain, have you looked at the other suspects, you seem to have an interest in the case, yet you only seem to be looking at Morris, had Morris been to the house before ?, if so, he could have left the chain there ?, could the chain have been planted there ?, the chain does not mean guilt.

Im not going to read about the case, too distressing and there is Champions League on including Glasgow Celtic who are always a good watch.
Was the old lady killed and the killer(s) layed in wait for the mother and 2 children to turn up ? or were they all killed together ?
[Post edited 27 Sep 2017 21:16]

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 21:23 - Sep 27 with 8567 viewsYyy

Clydach murders new book coming out. on 21:54 - Sep 21 by Jackfath

Sounds fishy.

There are so many factors why this is an unsafe conviction and to many arrows pointing else where

Morris hand does NOT match to the bloody hand print left

His DNA is NOT there or any trace of him

The Stephen Lewis said he had never been in the house when first questioned then said he had including the shed (also said he might if touched the murder weapon)

Also then said he lit a match to light mandy cooker hob(that would be her electric cooker job)

Alison Lewis DNA is on mandy even though a family member said she was freshly showered and Lewis said they had not had sexual contact that night

There is DNA on the murder weapon a watch that was placed on mandy wrist after she died and on mandy clothes .this has not been tested further than finding out it is male.

The watch was a present of Alison Lewis

The prosecution said that morris motivation was spurned sexual advance and that mandy was killed first
There own forensic expert stated that Doris was the first and that the killer most likely lay in wait for them to arrive home.

The e fit was not released for 18months after it was drawn up.why?

Holmes documents tampered with

I am sure there are other things that are escaping me at the moment

No one can really say that the man doesn't deserve for this to be looked at again given throes points alone
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024