Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Swansea City V Borussia Mönchengladbach match thread 22:33 - Jul 14 with 35432 viewsDarran

Who's old enough to remember this fella?

This post has been edited by an administrator

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Swansea City V Borussia Mönchengladbach match thread on 19:10 - Jul 15 with 4595 viewsmalagajack

The Swansea City V Borussia Mönchengladbach match thread on 19:05 - Jul 15 by TheKirkyLife

On a side note, has anybody listened to a more excitable and informative commentator? :D

The football commentators equivalent to whispering Bob
The Swansea City V Borussia Mönchengladbach match thread on 19:11 - Jul 15 with 4593 viewsItchySphincter

....and he probably doesn't think anyone's listening.

Anyone know what ground that is? Practice ground? Wonder if we'll be able to play pre season friendlies at Landore.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Swansea City V Borussia Mönchengladbach match thread on 19:11 - Jul 15 with 4587 viewsPozuelosSideys

The Swansea City V Borussia Mönchengladbach match thread on 19:02 - Jul 15 by toulouse

Julian Cork

He keeps on calling him that as well. Wasnt just a slip of the tongue

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Swansea City V Borussia Mönchengladbach match thread on 19:12 - Jul 15 with 4556 viewsSenhin

The Swansea City V Borussia Mönchengladbach match thread on 19:02 - Jul 15 by toulouse

Julian Cork

Corb

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

The Swansea City V Borussia Mönchengladbach match thread on 19:12 - Jul 15 with 4543 viewsItchySphincter

Julian Korb _ BMG player.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Swansea City V Borussia Mönchengladbach match thread on 19:12 - Jul 15 with 4534 viewsTrundle10

The Swansea City V Borussia Mönchengladbach match thread on 19:11 - Jul 15 by PozuelosSideys

He keeps on calling him that as well. Wasnt just a slip of the tongue

Julian Corb is playing against us mind
The Swansea City V Borussia Mönchengladbach match thread on 19:14 - Jul 15 with 4436 viewsPozuelosSideys

The Swansea City V Borussia Mönchengladbach match thread on 19:12 - Jul 15 by Trundle10

Julian Corb is playing against us mind

Im sure it was Cork. Then again, i might just be hearing things

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

The Swansea City V Borussia Mönchengladbach match thread on 19:14 - Jul 15 with 4417 viewsAnotherJohn

Pretty good run-out against a decent side, albeit missing some of their internationals. The only thing I'd like to have seen is more sharpness in the final third. On the balance of possession we should have won that.
Login to get fewer ads

The Swansea City V Borussia Mönchengladbach match thread on 19:15 - Jul 15 with 4405 viewsSenhin

Hahahahaha... Kept calling eder embed, then said "and here's a close-up of eder "when it stayed on embed walking off

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

The Swansea City V Borussia Mönchengladbach match thread on 19:15 - Jul 15 with 4405 viewsDull1Thomas

A decent run out - everyone gave a good performance.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

The Swansea City V Borussia Mönchengladbach match thread on 19:17 - Jul 15 with 4252 viewsNeath_Jack

Enjoyed that.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The Swansea City V Borussia Mönchengladbach match thread on 19:17 - Jul 15 with 4236 viewsTheKirkyLife

Definitely positive signs. Out of the new signings I really like the look of Eder and Ayew whilst Tabanou did look a little susceptible at LB and Nordfeldt really didn't have much to do. Fulton looked strong again whilst Gylfi and Ki had off days. Not terribly impressed with Bartley though; a yellow in a friendly, looked very agitated all the time and arguably biggest part of the problem in the goal against us.

Not too shabby though, rolling on to the next one!
The Swansea City V Borussia Mönchengladbach match thread on 19:18 - Jul 15 with 4204 viewsPozuelosSideys

Think Shelvey will be a big player for us this season. As mentioned above, far superior to Delph

The Swansea City V Borussia Mönchengladbach match thread on 19:27 - Jul 15 with 3949 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Swansea City V Borussia Mönchengladbach match thread on 19:10 - Jul 15 by malagajack

The football commentators equivalent to whispering Bob

I must be easily pleased. I thought he was pretty good. No hysterics but well informed and kept up with play. Much better than the rag bag crew we get on BBC and ITV Cardiff.
A good run out and far to early to judge the new players. swansea mk11 looked the better team but I did arrive late into the game having wrestled with my sh!te broadband and laptop in the earlier stages.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Swansea City V Borussia Mönchengladbach match thread on 19:48 - Jul 15 with 3621 viewsexiledclaseboy

Did we win? Lose? Draw? Has the annual pre-season "we're doomed" panic set in yet? Or should I come back after the next game?

Poll: Tory leader

The Swansea City V Borussia Mönchengladbach match thread on 19:51 - Jul 15 with 3584 viewsStarsky

1-1
Dyer is the match scapegoat

It's just the internet, init.

The Swansea City V Borussia Mönchengladbach match thread on 19:51 - Jul 15 with 3578 viewsDr_Winston

Fairly standard pre-season fayre. Nice to get everyone through a decent warmup with no niggles.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Swansea City V Borussia Mönchengladbach match thread on 19:54 - Jul 15 with 3532 viewsEdmundo

Not a bad start........Grimes looking sharp.

On to next game......bit more quality in attack and should win next one👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

The Swansea City V Borussia Mönchengladbach match thread on 19:58 - Jul 15 with 3478 viewsmalagajack

The Swansea City V Borussia Mönchengladbach match thread on 19:27 - Jul 15 by Private_Partz

I must be easily pleased. I thought he was pretty good. No hysterics but well informed and kept up with play. Much better than the rag bag crew we get on BBC and ITV Cardiff.
A good run out and far to early to judge the new players. swansea mk11 looked the better team but I did arrive late into the game having wrestled with my sh!te broadband and laptop in the earlier stages.

To be fair I thought he did quite well to be informative about both teams. As for the match agree it was a decent 1st workout, the 2nd 11 showed promise. Early days, first few minutes under the belt, away kit is gash tho
The Swansea City V Borussia Mönchengladbach match thread on 20:05 - Jul 15 with 3403 viewsAnotherJohn

The Swansea City V Borussia Mönchengladbach match thread on 19:11 - Jul 15 by ItchySphincter

....and he probably doesn't think anyone's listening.

Anyone know what ground that is? Practice ground? Wonder if we'll be able to play pre season friendlies at Landore.

Grassauer Sportpark in Brandstätt. Used by ASV Grassau. This town is where we have our training camp - so I guess that's why the game was listed as Swansea vs BMG (i.e. home fixture).
[Post edited 15 Jul 2015 20:06]
The Swansea City V Borussia Mönchengladbach match thread on 20:38 - Jul 15 with 3090 viewsraynor94

The Swansea City V Borussia Mönchengladbach match thread on 19:48 - Jul 15 by exiledclaseboy

Did we win? Lose? Draw? Has the annual pre-season "we're doomed" panic set in yet? Or should I come back after the next game?

Looks like Dyer is in for a tough time

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Swansea City V Borussia Mönchengladbach match thread on 20:57 - Jul 15 with 2950 viewspencoedjack

The Swansea City V Borussia Mönchengladbach match thread on 20:38 - Jul 15 by raynor94

You believe he is PL standard these days ?
The Swansea City V Borussia Mönchengladbach match thread on 20:59 - Jul 15 with 2935 viewsDull1Thomas

Very nice result and good first workout.
I think it's too early to start writing plaudits or obituaries yet.
The first (60 minutes) 11 - played 45 minutes against a fresh MGB side with more quality and experience than in the second half. Our regular players looked sharp and the new boys and youngsters did well.
Dyer getting pelters from some is unfair - he played a decent game with little support. Routledge looked very good though, but he did have a more inexperienced and tiring defence to unlock. He also had Rangel, Shelvey, Cork, Grimes, Emnes and Eder around him all of whom were getting more joy than their first half counterparts. The secod 11 (30 minute team) also appeared more attack minded.
With Fulton and Cork playing deep, Shelvey had more freedom to push forward. Taylor got forward effectively especially when Emnes was on the left.
What was impressive was the patience of the final 30 minute team, they kept possession well, passed well, made passes for each other, created space and weren't afraid to go back in order to restart an attack.
Early days but positive all round.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

The Swansea City V Borussia Mönchengladbach match thread on 20:59 - Jul 15 with 2933 viewsmonmouth

The Swansea City V Borussia Mönchengladbach match thread on 20:38 - Jul 15 by raynor94

He was planets better than Sigurdsson. In fact have I just made an arse of myself? Was Siggy playing at any point?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Swansea City V Borussia Mönchengladbach match thread on 21:10 - Jul 15 with 2840 viewsStarsky

The Swansea City V Borussia Mönchengladbach match thread on 20:57 - Jul 15 by pencoedjack

You believe he is PL standard these days ?

These days?
It's the first friendly of the season.
Let's see if he can regain his old form this season before we write him off totally.

It's just the internet, init.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024