Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Positives from today…. 17:56 - Aug 10 with 5795 viewsMrSheen

Varane looked exceptionally sharp and decisive when he came on, he was right on the pace of the game.

But of a distance to…

Alfie Lloyd looked like he meant business, he was much stronger looking than I expected from old video too.

Daniel Bennie had a Devon White air of chaos on legs and may be the scruffiest looking player ever to wear the hoops.
Positives from today…. on 18:00 - Aug 10 with 5075 viewsHunterhoop

They are the main ones.

Plus Anderson got a goal, which bodes well.

Thought Dunne did alright too.
Positives from today…. on 18:04 - Aug 10 with 5028 viewsstevec

Easy to get a seat in the pub after.
Positives from today…. on 18:13 - Aug 10 with 4924 viewsnumptydumpty

I got home in time for tea !!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Positives from today…. on 18:16 - Aug 10 with 4903 viewsBoston

I didn't think it was a train wreck of an outing. Positive reaffirmation we need someone who can put the ball in the net, we had a few chances.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Positives from today…. on 18:22 - Aug 10 with 4869 viewsEastR

We'll play worse than that and win they'll play better and lose. Moments and margins

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Positives from today…. on 10:57 - Aug 11 with 3964 viewsgolborne

Positives from today…. on 18:00 - Aug 10 by Hunterhoop

They are the main ones.

Plus Anderson got a goal, which bodes well.

Thought Dunne did alright too.

Weirdly, ok in attacking positions, but take a look at the 2nd goal again. Probably the worst I’ve seen him defend. He approached it like he thought the attacker wasn’t there. Not watched the first back, but the 9ft left back crossed it from what would be his watch.
Positives from today…. on 11:08 - Aug 11 with 3893 viewsNorthernr

The three key problems we had - left back, their central midfielders are better than ours, creativity and speed in the three behind the striker - are all potentially to be rectified shortly. The Liverpool lad on loan at left back, Verane into midfield, Saito and Dembele (or their equivalents) with Chair coming into that three. Not beyond the realms of possibility that half the team is different to that yesterday by the time we play Sheff Wed at the start of September.
Positives from today…. on 11:23 - Aug 11 with 3823 viewsdm97

Positives from today…. on 11:08 - Aug 11 by Northernr

The three key problems we had - left back, their central midfielders are better than ours, creativity and speed in the three behind the striker - are all potentially to be rectified shortly. The Liverpool lad on loan at left back, Verane into midfield, Saito and Dembele (or their equivalents) with Chair coming into that three. Not beyond the realms of possibility that half the team is different to that yesterday by the time we play Sheff Wed at the start of September.

The Beck link seems to have gone quiet - one in one out situation with Paal? He was pathetic yesterday.

Just another reason starting the season before the window closes helps no one: player doesn’t wanna ruin a move, club gets shafted by piss poor weak mentality showings, we all lose 3/4 games of our season to it and do it all again in 12 months.
Login to get fewer ads

Positives from today…. on 11:44 - Aug 11 with 3737 viewsRs_Holy

thanks Clive ... I feel a bit better after those comments
Positives from today…. on 12:08 - Aug 11 with 3617 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Exactly. My son and I were talking yesterday, and the problems are all fixable, with signings already lined up.
I'm not in panic mode like some, it was just so disappointing.
In a couple of weeks 3 or 4 (Paal, Smyth, Kolli and Colback) will either be sold, sitting on the bench, or in Kolli case hopefully loaned out to get some much needed experience.

We will be absolutely fine, and still expect a top 10 finish.
Positives from today…. on 14:01 - Aug 11 with 3387 viewsFDC

As I think you said in your end of season patreon review, there's an argument that Paal was one of our most reliable players last season and we might think twice about letting him go. His performance yesterday reeked of being a player knowing he's leaving. Which begs the question are we waiting on a new player at LB to solve a problem being created by looking to move him on in the first place
Positives from today…. on 14:09 - Aug 11 with 3326 viewsPaddyhoops

Nice to see on the standing area that all my neighbours are the same and a few new ones who seem pretty sound.
Football wise . Our new keeper looks decent and can use both feet.
Jake was imperious up until half time .
Anderson was very impressive and I liked the look of Verane and especially Lloyd when he came on .
Thought Frey looked a lot a fitter and can see him being a nuisance throughout the season .
Positives from today…. on 14:14 - Aug 11 with 3278 viewsFDC

I can't see Frey ever being the most athletic, but I'm hoping he's going to develop into something of a super-sub when we're chasing the game and camped out around the box, have a somewhat irrational belief he's going to show a clinical side when the ball drops in the box and pick up a load of goals... Yesterday's air kick notwithstanding
Positives from today…. on 14:42 - Aug 11 with 3108 viewsqpr_1968

Positives from today…. on 18:13 - Aug 10 by numptydumpty

I got home in time for tea !!!!

i got home for a normal time kick off.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Positives from today…. on 15:46 - Aug 11 with 2890 viewsSommerbreeze

i felt - might be alone - that Smyth played well. He was competing all game and whipping balls in which were getting deflected for corners, which is at least better than knocking them straight into touch.

I think when Dunne played higher up the pitch we were more dangerous, and he had a good shot well saved.

The big issue was who we have to come off the bench to change the game, which at the moment i'd say is no-one. but with 4 more additions then suddenly that looks different.
Positives from today…. on 15:56 - Aug 11 with 2825 viewsBoston

Positives from today…. on 14:42 - Aug 11 by qpr_1968

i got home for a normal time kick off.

That you '68?

Yes dear.

You're back early, not feeling well?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Positives from today…. on 15:58 - Aug 11 with 2812 viewsqpr_1968

Positives from today…. on 15:56 - Aug 11 by Boston

That you '68?

Yes dear.

so right....

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Positives from today…. on 16:11 - Aug 11 with 2730 viewsCiderwithRsie

That really brings home the difficulties of our finances, to me.

We're not in absolute sh1t but we still need two or three loanees every season to fill 1st team places which really ought to be "our" players.

Which means every season we have to get through a month or so of the season before we can even get those players into the side, let alone build team spirit and that instinctive understanding of where the other players are that good sides have.
Positives from today…. on 16:23 - Aug 11 with 2622 viewsCiderwithRsie

Positives from today…. on 16:11 - Aug 11 by CiderwithRsie

That really brings home the difficulties of our finances, to me.

We're not in absolute sh1t but we still need two or three loanees every season to fill 1st team places which really ought to be "our" players.

Which means every season we have to get through a month or so of the season before we can even get those players into the side, let alone build team spirit and that instinctive understanding of where the other players are that good sides have.

Hang on, I've just clocked that Dembele and Saito would be perm signings.

I've got so used to us being skint I just assumed loans.
[Post edited 11 Aug 16:23]
Positives from today…. on 16:24 - Aug 11 with 2602 viewsFDC

Positives from today…. on 16:23 - Aug 11 by CiderwithRsie

Hang on, I've just clocked that Dembele and Saito would be perm signings.

I've got so used to us being skint I just assumed loans.
[Post edited 11 Aug 16:23]

Dembele for reportedly less than we got for Sinclair I think
Positives from today…. on 16:40 - Aug 11 with 2384 viewsdavman

Positives from today…. on 15:56 - Aug 11 by Boston

That you '68?

Yes dear.

We get "are you back already?"...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Positives from today…. on 17:15 - Aug 11 with 2125 viewsgigiisourgod

I thought Anderson was outstanding. Love watching him play like that.
Positives from today…. on 18:09 - Aug 11 with 1927 viewsdaveB

I thought West Brom were brilliant, the way they passed through midfield always with a man spare in space, all down to that manager who is sensational

We didn't play well but if Anderson scores at 2-1 and Dunne at 3-1 we could have nicked a draw but it would have been nicking one as the result was more than fair
Positives from today…. on 18:20 - Aug 11 with 1829 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Positives from today…. on 18:09 - Aug 11 by daveB

I thought West Brom were brilliant, the way they passed through midfield always with a man spare in space, all down to that manager who is sensational

We didn't play well but if Anderson scores at 2-1 and Dunne at 3-1 we could have nicked a draw but it would have been nicking one as the result was more than fair

There was a massive penalty shout from us as it looked like a WBA player handled the ball at 2-1 but we got nothing (not shocked going off Clives ref preview) before they broke away and scored the killer 3rd. I cannot find much discussion about it so I assume it was nothing or did we got fcuked as usual.
Anderson lost his head a bit there IMO dragging that way wide.Not upset for going across the keeper because there is normally a juicy rebound there but not even forcing that save is very poor and if we got level it was anybodys game.
The usual misery of giving up goals either before the half or early in the second half continues I see we need to stamp that out right away its killing us
Positives from today…. on 18:29 - Aug 11 with 1741 viewsjohnhoop

Positives from today…. on 18:09 - Aug 11 by daveB

Thought Jon Swift had an excellent game as he does every time he plays against us.
Can’t figure out why he’s never played at a higher level.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024