Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Syria World War 3 09:39 - Aug 24 with 43531 viewsLord_Bony

Russia Iran and china have said if the west goes in to syria they will oppose it militarily.

The recent chemical attacks seem like a bit of a false flag to me. Why would Assad use them on his own people when he is winning the war against Al Qaeda ? It does nt make sense.

I think we could be fed the same rubbish like we was in Iraq,Afghanistan and Libya so we may go in and invade. Then the place would be turned over and left un governable with terrorist gangs in power fighting amongst themselves.

But this time will be different if there is opposition from the above.

Do you think the stage is potentially set for a world war?

Should we be worried if things got out of control there in the Middle East or maybe not?

What do you think?
[Post edited 24 Aug 2013 9:42]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Syria World War 3 on 08:21 - Aug 27 with 2564 viewsDidz1234

For those on Twitter who are interested in what is happening in Syria I suggest the following accounts to follow for breaking news and news straight from actual Syrian people, all tweet in English:

@syria24english
@PartisanGirl
@hussamov11 (Based in Aleppo)
@maridosa_
@prosyriana
Syria World War 3 on 08:23 - Aug 27 with 2559 viewsCatullus

The "west" doesn't need more enemies, we have plenty already. Russia, China, Al Qaida, North Korea, that's plenty thank you but there's still others not named.
Those in power have agendas that they don't tell us about. And they don't care what the public want. They dismiss it as populist opinion that doesn't matter.
We already pay far too much for petrol, a war in Syria will see rationing. Of course the ruling elite and their friends won't go short of fuel.
Maybe it's another thread but I read that petrol prices are being kept artificially high because government gets so much more in tax on the back of it. We have the fuel levy and the fact that high fuel prices push everything else up, pushing tax revenue up.
Maybe this "action" in Syria is about more than oil, but I doubt it.

We should stay well out of it. We stick our noses in everywhere and all we ever do is cause even more trouble. And it's always us working classes that pay for it, with our kids lives as well as money.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Syria World War 3 on 09:27 - Aug 27 with 2539 viewsperchrockjack

Depends who you trust? Russia ,Iran and China have much in common and on the other side the USA.
If Assad is killing his people-and apparently independent bodies are confirming this- then who replaces him because Arab countries don't seem to do democracy.

Stay well out of it for all our sakes as we aint the World s policeman

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Syria World War 3 on 11:59 - Aug 27 with 2503 viewsLord_Bony

The Russians and Iranians have just issued fresh warnings to stay out and how this chemical attack is very dubious.the US and Uk are bypassing the United Nations and acting illegally.. We will be dragged into the big one eventually on this all very soon I m afraid.

"Russia and Iran have given fresh warning to US and its allies against a military intervention in Syria.

The Russian Foreign Ministry said on Tuesday that such an intervention could have "catastrophic consequences for the region and called on the international community to show "prudence" over the crisis.

"Attempts to bypass the Security Council, once again to create artificial groundless excuses for a military intervention in the region are fraught with new suffering in Syria and catastrophic consequences for other countries of the Middle East and North Africa," the ministry said.

Russia also expressed regret over a decision by the US to postpone a meeting scheduled for Wednesday in Hague in the Netherlands on an international peace conference for Syria.

Gennady Gatilov, Russia's deputy foreign minister, wrote on Twitter that such talks would have been particularly useful at a time "when military action is hanging over this country".

The US said the meeting had been postponed because of "ongoing consultations" over the alleged chemical weapons attack in Syria."

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Syria World War 3 on 14:28 - Aug 27 with 2473 viewscontroversial_jack

Are chemical weapons worse than conventional weapons? Do they cause more death and suffering than bombs and missiles?
Syria World War 3 on 14:34 - Aug 27 with 2470 viewsyescomeon

Syria World War 3 on 14:28 - Aug 27 by controversial_jack

Are chemical weapons worse than conventional weapons? Do they cause more death and suffering than bombs and missiles?

Yes

Upthecity!

Syria World War 3 on 15:22 - Aug 27 with 2459 viewscontroversial_jack

Syria World War 3 on 14:34 - Aug 27 by yescomeon

Yes

In which way does indiscriminate chemical attacks differ from indiscriminate carpet bombing or missile strike? Please, don't say missiles and bombs are precision guided and don't cause collateral damage, because that's untrue and total propaganda
Syria World War 3 on 15:48 - Aug 27 with 2444 viewsyescomeon

Syria World War 3 on 15:22 - Aug 27 by controversial_jack

In which way does indiscriminate chemical attacks differ from indiscriminate carpet bombing or missile strike? Please, don't say missiles and bombs are precision guided and don't cause collateral damage, because that's untrue and total propaganda

That's is not how I read your original comment, my apologies. I thought you were talking on an individual level.

Upthecity!

Login to get fewer ads

Syria World War 3 on 16:45 - Aug 27 with 2438 viewsLord_Bony

Syria World War 3 on 16:55 - Aug 27 with 2432 viewscontroversial_jack

That's fine ty Just thought I would seek out a few opinions on this.
Syria World War 3 on 18:17 - Aug 27 with 2420 viewsthe_gasman

Syria World War 3 on 16:45 - Aug 27 by Lord_Bony

This is seriously concerning, poodle cu ntin britain up the usa's ass... again. Haig is a bigger cu nt than brendan rogers (and that's going some!).

Poll: The best thing about the new Planet Swans forum is...

Syria World War 3 on 18:19 - Aug 27 with 2419 viewsthe_gasman

Syria World War 3 on 14:28 - Aug 27 by controversial_jack

Excellent point

Poll: The best thing about the new Planet Swans forum is...

Syria World War 3 on 19:00 - Aug 27 with 2405 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The country's on its knees and what a chance for the government to take the attention away from it all .

This war has been planned for years .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Syria World War 3 on 19:02 - Aug 27 with 2401 viewsexiledclaseboy

Another fool's errand that we'll happily stumble into. Jack Straw on the news today apparently waxing lyrical about the legality of action in Syria.

Give me strength.

Poll: Tory leader

Syria World War 3 on 19:03 - Aug 27 with 2399 viewsJackfath

We are all going to die.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Syria World War 3 on 19:14 - Aug 27 with 2392 viewssafe_jack

Syria World War 3 on 16:45 - Aug 27 by Lord_Bony

The banging of the drums of war!

There are too many people (not in this thread) not realising what is actually going on and the potential consequences of this situation. I honestly can't see how a military intervention will solve or help anything.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-23847839
"We, and thousands like us across Syria, will face any country that tries to attack us," threatened a young man, pointing at his weapon, which he uses to protect his neighbourhood. "These are Syria's problems and it is up to us, Syrians, to solve them."
Syria World War 3 on 19:23 - Aug 27 with 2380 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Why would the Syrian government use chemical weapons (in a war that they are winning )knowing that the worlds eyes would be on them .

They dropped f@@k all .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Syria World War 3 on 22:07 - Aug 27 with 2353 viewsFree_Willy

This will be seen as the west siding with the Sunni over the Shia. Iran, Syria and Lebanon have been planning for this for at least the last 10 years. Terror cells planted throughout the west due to the loopy lefts immigration policy.

We have invaded Syria so an oil pipe can be built from Iraq to Europe, making "us" not dependent on Russian Oil. Putin will not let this happen and unlike us uses his military for killing with maximum force, not trivial police work.

Bravo we have started both a global and religious war.

Give Obama another Nobel peace prize
[Post edited 27 Aug 2013 22:15]
Syria World War 3 on 07:10 - Aug 28 with 2307 viewsLord_Bony

Syria World War 3 on 15:22 - Aug 27 by controversial_jack

That is a very interesting point.

We are now going to launch a few hundred missiles off into syria.

There will be many times more innocent civilians killed as a result of this than from the alleged chemical attacks!! But you certainly won t hear of these casualties...they re not important in the wider scheme of things.

More importantly what happens if Syria retaliates and fires back.?All hell would break loose.

are they just supposed to sit there and take it? Has anyone in our government actually thought of the consequences as we re getting geared up in Cyprus ready to join in?

"How dare they fire back at us while we illegally bomb their country" will be the cries of the Americans.Then the Israelis and the rest of the gang will join in...etc etc...and there you go,the excuse for invasion and all out war.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2013 7:33]

Syria World War 3 on 12:46 - Aug 28 with 2267 viewsyescomeon

"We shouldn't stand by when we see this massive use of chemical weapons and appalling levels of suffering," he said.

"But I would say this to people - there is never 100% certainty, there is never one piece or several pieces of intelligence that give you absolute certainty."

Upthecity!

Syria World War 3 on 13:49 - Aug 28 with 2249 viewsBrynmill_Jack

We are being led into another "lucrative" war which the governments involved will have to borrow billions of dollars to their evil central banks to purchase weapons which , yes you've guessed it, come from companies belonging at least in part to these central banks, giving them more and more power over oil revenues etc etc.

Or have I been watching Zeitgeist too many times?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Syria World War 3 on 14:12 - Aug 28 with 2244 viewsyescomeon

I'm usually skeptical of conspiracy theories but there is most definitely something underhand at play in this resent turn of events.

Upthecity!

Syria World War 3 on 18:44 - Aug 28 with 2221 viewsWatchman

Call me cynical but if the Syrian authorities used chemical weapons was it us or the US who sold them too them in the first place

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Syria World War 3 on 18:50 - Aug 28 with 2218 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Syria World War 3 on 14:12 - Aug 28 by yescomeon

I'm usually skeptical of conspiracy theories but there is most definitely something underhand at play in this resent turn of events.

The rebels have been caught 2 or more times with chemical weapons but it wouldn't be suitable to blame them as it doesn't fit with the plan.
Neither did admitting Saddam Hussain never had WMD's.
And the U.S. now wants to arm the same insurgents who fought against them in Iraq, who are STILL bombing Shi'ite markets, mosques and neighbourhoods in Iraq. Something contradictory is going on but people should make their own minds up.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Syria World War 3 on 18:51 - Aug 28 with 2217 viewsOldjack

If guilty they crossed the line with using chemical weapons , just a few tomahawk missiles aimed at the right people should bring them back into line ,if not then it's goodnight Irene for millions

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024