Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread GAME DAY 17:48 - Oct 14 with 14951 viewsModeratorC

Six biggies coming !

Swansea City : Decisions to be made this week 15th Oct 2024 14:00
Swansea City return to action this Saturday at Blackburn Rovers with a string of fixtures thereafter which will most certainly test Luke Williams ability to coach and manage his squad. Eom is out of these next six fixtures as he starts his rehabilitation after an MCL injury playing for South Korea against Jordan in a World Cup Qualifier last week. 0

Swansea City are so close to having a successful season 17th Oct 2024 08:00
It’s Thursday morning heading into what has to be the most boring night after the international break for club fans. Nearly as bad as Wednesday. On Friday the Championship returns, and on Saturday it begins again in earnest. 0

Luke Williams on restructure & Cabango 18th Oct 2024 08:00
On the eve of the Swans game away at Blackburn Rovers, head coach, Luke Williams doesn’t know if either of his on trial players, Adam Reach and Cyrus Christie will sign for the club. Both are out of contract, but it seems the man in charge at Swansea City and the squad has no idea regards what happens next. 1

Team News : Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City 19th Oct 2024 12:04
Swansea City take on Blackburn Rovers at 3pm (UK time) today in the EFL Championship at Ewood Park. A welcome return for club football fans as the roads and motorways are again full of expectant supporters, literally thousand and thousands of them. 0

Swans lose away : Not good enough and definitely not reassuring 19th Oct 2024 17:56
Swansea City fans were in the near five hundred calculated away support at Ewood Park this afternoon. As an adult paying for a match ticket and coach travel they will be closing in on a hundred pounds before refreshments. And we don’t even include a parent and junior ticket in these calculations. This is the commitment of the Jack Army, but was it matched on the field of play ? 0

This post has been edited by an administrator
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread on 10:48 - Oct 15 with 5156 viewsWhiterockin

I think we can get something there 1-1.
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread on 12:39 - Oct 15 with 5109 viewsKeithHaynes

Cabango needs ‘assessing’ we are told for Saturday, but not serious.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread on 12:41 - Oct 15 with 5095 viewsonehunglow

I assess him as essential

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread on 12:41 - Oct 15 with 5103 viewsKeithHaynes

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread on 12:41 - Oct 15 by onehunglow

I assess him as essential

He took two bad hits last night, but he was magnificent overall.

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread on 13:24 - Oct 15 with 5050 viewsonehunglow

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread on 12:41 - Oct 15 by KeithHaynes

He is Keith
A terrific young pro

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread on 13:53 - Oct 15 with 5036 viewsAzzuriswan

Can the Swans play for 90+ minutes? If they can we will win up at Ewood Park and start to move further up the table
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread on 14:06 - Oct 15 with 5015 viewsWhiterockin

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread on 12:41 - Oct 15 by KeithHaynes

Any idea if we are staying up for the Sheffield game Keith or are we travelling back in between.
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread on 14:06 - Oct 15 with 5009 viewsFireboy2

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread on 10:48 - Oct 15 by Whiterockin

I think we can get something there 1-1.

I disagree, we will struggle, bburn are decent at home this season and we are too up and down atm, I'd snatch your hand off at a draw now.
Login to get fewer ads

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread TUES on 14:11 - Oct 15 with 4996 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City : Decisions to be made this week 15th Oct 2024 14:00
Swansea City return to action this Saturday at Blackburn Rovers with a string of fixtures thereafter which will most certainly test Luke Williams ability to coach and manage his squad. Eom is out of these next six fixtures as he starts his rehabilitation after an MCL injury playing for South Korea against Jordan in a World Cup Qualifier last week. 0

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread TUES on 09:10 - Oct 16 with 4669 viewsLegend83

Abdulai on the left wing. You know it, I know it.
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread on 10:41 - Oct 16 with 4609 viewsKeithHaynes

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread on 14:06 - Oct 15 by Whiterockin

Any idea if we are staying up for the Sheffield game Keith or are we travelling back in between.

No idea mate.
Good point though.

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread WEDS on 14:12 - Oct 16 with 4434 viewsFlashberryjack

Can't see us getting anything from this game, other than another game highlighting the need to bring in a half tidy striker.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread WEDS on 17:07 - Oct 16 with 4333 viewsFireboy2

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread WEDS on 14:12 - Oct 16 by Flashberryjack

Can't see us getting anything from this game, other than another game highlighting the need to bring in a half tidy striker.

Totally agree, I will still be going though 🙄
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread WEDS on 18:41 - Oct 16 with 4231 viewsKeithHaynes

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread WEDS on 17:07 - Oct 16 by Fireboy2

Totally agree, I will still be going though 🙄

We did last season, we can this.

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread WEDS on 19:14 - Oct 16 with 4209 viewsFireboy2

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread WEDS on 18:41 - Oct 16 by KeithHaynes

We did last season, we can this.

Blackburn are better now than they were last season
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread WEDS on 19:16 - Oct 16 with 4202 viewsKeithHaynes

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread WEDS on 19:14 - Oct 16 by Fireboy2

Nah, we are as well. 👍

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread WEDS on 20:18 - Oct 16 with 4133 viewsFireboy2

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread WEDS on 19:16 - Oct 16 by KeithHaynes

Nah, we are as well. 👍

Stop it, my sides are splitting 🤣
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread WEDS on 20:25 - Oct 16 with 4122 viewsSullutaCreturned

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread WEDS on 20:18 - Oct 16 by Fireboy2

Stop it, my sides are splitting 🤣

We've shown some positive signs but the deficiencies are glaring too AND we lost Eom.

The prospect of Abdullai starting on the wing makes me laugh, it's ridiculous when we have Bianchini. Has Abdullai even put ONE decent cross over?
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread WEDS on 20:55 - Oct 16 with 4082 viewsraynor94

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread WEDS on 19:14 - Oct 16 by Fireboy2

And we are far more harder to beat this season, yes the lack of goals is a worry, but if we can get in front, I think we can beat them.

And they have lost their last 2, so not on top form

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread WEDS on 21:19 - Oct 16 with 4047 viewsKeithHaynes

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread WEDS on 20:25 - Oct 16 by SullutaCreturned

We've shown some positive signs but the deficiencies are glaring too AND we lost Eom.

The prospect of Abdullai starting on the wing makes me laugh, it's ridiculous when we have Bianchini. Has Abdullai even put ONE decent cross over?

My addendum is if Azeem starts in that ridiclious position, we will lose.

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread WEDS on 08:27 - Oct 17 with 3844 viewsSwans9

Played 4 at home won and 4 in the league. Will be dancing with a point because Blackburn are good at home. Just hope we keep our good defence record going and get a few up top. Ref is due to give us a soft penalty.
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread WEDS on 08:36 - Oct 17 with 3842 viewsRichardO

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread WEDS on 21:19 - Oct 16 by KeithHaynes

My addendum is if Azeem starts in that ridiclious position, we will lose.

Are we assuming that Abdulai is just not capable of playing on the wing or that he is not capable of learning from his mistakes example of which being giving away the penalty or that he cannot be coached to improve.

He young player stepping up in level needs time to develop the skills, which people who watch the youth set up have stated he has. Is he going to get a start at this level in his preferred position or even minutes on the pitch there it, would appear not, at least at this moment in time.

As for his inclusion on the wing we have seen defenders of the likes of Connor Roberts and Bidewell add a defensive strength and while not out and out wingers they were quite capable of making themselves available to help the team progress up the pitch because once we got there we tried to make use of that positional advantage. With the tenancy to waste that positional advantage gained where throw ins and forward play is stifled by safety first coaching it makes our players in forward positions look inept given the scraps they are being given.

Some have said Ronald is now playing poorly and is going backwards, is that down to the style of play we have adopted. Williams has explained that we gave away goals in bad execution of transition from attacking play to defensive play giving the ball away but the same could be said of us having bad transition from defensive play to attacking play because we slow the game down so not using the skills of the players skills we pick in the forward positions which getting back to Abdulai may be where his problem in adjusting to wing play lies.
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread WEDS on 09:20 - Oct 17 with 3799 viewsonehunglow

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread WEDS on 08:36 - Oct 17 by RichardO

Are we assuming that Abdulai is just not capable of playing on the wing or that he is not capable of learning from his mistakes example of which being giving away the penalty or that he cannot be coached to improve.

He young player stepping up in level needs time to develop the skills, which people who watch the youth set up have stated he has. Is he going to get a start at this level in his preferred position or even minutes on the pitch there it, would appear not, at least at this moment in time.

As for his inclusion on the wing we have seen defenders of the likes of Connor Roberts and Bidewell add a defensive strength and while not out and out wingers they were quite capable of making themselves available to help the team progress up the pitch because once we got there we tried to make use of that positional advantage. With the tenancy to waste that positional advantage gained where throw ins and forward play is stifled by safety first coaching it makes our players in forward positions look inept given the scraps they are being given.

Some have said Ronald is now playing poorly and is going backwards, is that down to the style of play we have adopted. Williams has explained that we gave away goals in bad execution of transition from attacking play to defensive play giving the ball away but the same could be said of us having bad transition from defensive play to attacking play because we slow the game down so not using the skills of the players skills we pick in the forward positions which getting back to Abdulai may be where his problem in adjusting to wing play lies.

Morning Rich
I’m one alone who see Williams as the problem
Most do not but not that that bothers me
His appointment was another mistake
Our players can be far more effective
Pity about Eom,injured playing for country 6000 miles away

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread WEDS on 10:54 - Oct 17 with 3748 viewsLegend83

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread WEDS on 20:25 - Oct 16 by SullutaCreturned

His stats suggest he's not been as bad as the eyes suggest.

1.08 successful crosses per 90 mins played (74th percentile); 22% cross accuracy (50th percentile); dribble success rate 67% (85th percentile).

(nicked from the other site)
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread WEDS on 11:26 - Oct 17 with 3663 viewsWhiterockin

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread WEDS on 10:54 - Oct 17 by Legend83

His stats suggest he's not been as bad as the eyes suggest.

1.08 successful crosses per 90 mins played (74th percentile); 22% cross accuracy (50th percentile); dribble success rate 67% (85th percentile).

(nicked from the other site)

I'm not a stats man, does that mean an average of one cross a game and every five games one cross is accurate. If so it's about what I see with my eyes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024