Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread GAME DAY 17:48 - Oct 14 with 14949 viewsModeratorC

Six biggies coming !

Swansea City : Decisions to be made this week 15th Oct 2024 14:00
Swansea City return to action this Saturday at Blackburn Rovers with a string of fixtures thereafter which will most certainly test Luke Williams ability to coach and manage his squad. Eom is out of these next six fixtures as he starts his rehabilitation after an MCL injury playing for South Korea against Jordan in a World Cup Qualifier last week. 0

Swansea City are so close to having a successful season 17th Oct 2024 08:00
It’s Thursday morning heading into what has to be the most boring night after the international break for club fans. Nearly as bad as Wednesday. On Friday the Championship returns, and on Saturday it begins again in earnest. 0

Luke Williams on restructure & Cabango 18th Oct 2024 08:00
On the eve of the Swans game away at Blackburn Rovers, head coach, Luke Williams doesn’t know if either of his on trial players, Adam Reach and Cyrus Christie will sign for the club. Both are out of contract, but it seems the man in charge at Swansea City and the squad has no idea regards what happens next. 1

Team News : Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City 19th Oct 2024 12:04
Swansea City take on Blackburn Rovers at 3pm (UK time) today in the EFL Championship at Ewood Park. A welcome return for club football fans as the roads and motorways are again full of expectant supporters, literally thousand and thousands of them. 0

Swans lose away : Not good enough and definitely not reassuring 19th Oct 2024 17:56
Swansea City fans were in the near five hundred calculated away support at Ewood Park this afternoon. As an adult paying for a match ticket and coach travel they will be closing in on a hundred pounds before refreshments. And we don’t even include a parent and junior ticket in these calculations. This is the commitment of the Jack Army, but was it matched on the field of play ? 0

This post has been edited by an administrator
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread WEDS on 11:08 - Oct 18 with 1839 viewsWhiterockin

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread WEDS on 10:44 - Oct 18 by RichardO

Quite happy to read other people's opinions on players we all see different things, very hard to assess players good and bad points at times. In Pearl-Harris case I was just pointing out an instance where his play was better or at least on a par of others in the team, very little game time to establish any kind of rapport in a team structure that has been disrupted by substitutions, regardless of a player being asked to play in a position unfamiliar to them.
Similar to Bianchini playing in a team which seemed cobbled together, two left footed centrehalves with no experience of playing together a team totally over run by Wycombe nothing he tried seemed effective, when he came on against Stoke on our right he looked diabolical, swapped over and he was able to put in two half tidy cross in.
Funny how we look more effective on the left than we do on the right and yet as individuals I would rate Key and Ronald as good players but they just don't seem to compliment each other being asked to do something that doesn't work.
Williams said of Cooper that he couldn't understand why he hadn't progressed since Williams last time here and yet even given his limitations his strengths have improved leading to inclusion in the Welsh team, as I digress I thought Josh Sheehan played his role better than Cooper had previously done.
Very hard to assess individuals in a team game and the role they have been asked to play in it without giving them time. We have seen a number of players dumped because of bad choices made by managers.

As for being more effective on the left than the right we seem to play down there more. Quite often we have space on the right and persist on moving the ball from the right to the left and attack down there. A heat map would probably prove me wrong, but that is what it seems like to me.
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread FRIDAY on 11:50 - Oct 18 with 1801 viewsKeithHaynes

Luke Williams on restructure & Cabango 18th Oct 2024 08:00
On the eve of the Swans game away at Blackburn Rovers, head coach, Luke Williams doesn’t know if either of his on trial players, Adam Reach and Cyrus Christie will sign for the club. Both are out of contract, but it seems the man in charge at Swansea City and the squad has no idea regards what happens next. 1

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread WEDS on 11:54 - Oct 18 with 1780 viewsRichardO

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread WEDS on 11:08 - Oct 18 by Whiterockin

As for being more effective on the left than the right we seem to play down there more. Quite often we have space on the right and persist on moving the ball from the right to the left and attack down there. A heat map would probably prove me wrong, but that is what it seems like to me.

Is it because the play on the right stalls while the play on the left is more fluid with the correct options being provide by the players involved, seen Ronald seemingly getting frustrated with the service and then options made available to him, seen him get a lot better balls last season and Ronald was MOM in the early games against Gillingham and PNE where we scored 3, I'm of the opinion Key is being asked to do something that limits Ronald
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread FRIDAY on 12:10 - Oct 18 with 1761 viewsWhiterockin

Wilson wasn't in the squad for the u21s at WBA, injury or stepping up?
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread WEDS on 12:12 - Oct 18 with 1743 viewsWhiterockin

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread WEDS on 11:54 - Oct 18 by RichardO

Is it because the play on the right stalls while the play on the left is more fluid with the correct options being provide by the players involved, seen Ronald seemingly getting frustrated with the service and then options made available to him, seen him get a lot better balls last season and Ronald was MOM in the early games against Gillingham and PNE where we scored 3, I'm of the opinion Key is being asked to do something that limits Ronald

Ronald seems to often have space to me but we still move it left, all about opinions.
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread FRIDAY on 18:36 - Oct 18 with 1566 viewsncswan

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread FRIDAY on 12:10 - Oct 18 by Whiterockin

Wilson wasn't in the squad for the u21s at WBA, injury or stepping up?

Hopefully, stepping up! Would love to see Wilson get an opportunity!

Cullen, Vipo, Ronald up top with Goncalo, Cooper, Grimes, Tymon, Cabango, Darling, Key, and, of course, imo player of the year for Swans so far, Vigouroux in goal. Bring in subs like Peart-Harris, Bianchini, Abdulai, Naughton, Wilson, Fulton, etc. to spread the load. This is a game Swans can win.
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread FRIDAY on 06:27 - Oct 19 with 1332 viewsjack247

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread FRIDAY on 18:36 - Oct 18 by ncswan

Hopefully, stepping up! Would love to see Wilson get an opportunity!

Cullen, Vipo, Ronald up top with Goncalo, Cooper, Grimes, Tymon, Cabango, Darling, Key, and, of course, imo player of the year for Swans so far, Vigouroux in goal. Bring in subs like Peart-Harris, Bianchini, Abdulai, Naughton, Wilson, Fulton, etc. to spread the load. This is a game Swans can win.

Starting Cullen and Vipotnik would be ok if we had two strikers on the bench. What happens when Vipotnik runs out of steam? Does Cullen have to curb his aggressive pressing because he knows he has to last all game? At best we’re replacing them with Peart-Harris and Bianchini.

These are the sort of problems Luke Williams has to deal with that most of his peers do not.
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread FRIDAY on 09:14 - Oct 19 with 1222 viewsbuilthjack

Smash and grab. 0-1

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread FRIDAY on 09:20 - Oct 19 with 1223 viewsSwans9

We took our chances at Coventry we will need to do the same today. I can't see a nil nil but hope springs eternal. Well done to all the fans that have travelled up. I was there when we lost 2 1 when benda was in goal. We should of lost 4 1.
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread FRIDAY on 09:21 - Oct 19 with 1220 viewsFireboy2

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread FRIDAY on 09:14 - Oct 19 by builthjack

Smash and grab. 0-1

No chance, 1 or 2 nil to them, our defence is good don't think they can hold out and our attack is poor, even poorer without eom, so I can see us struggling today unfortunately.
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread FRIDAY on 09:46 - Oct 19 with 1176 viewsraynor94

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread FRIDAY on 09:21 - Oct 19 by Fireboy2

No chance, 1 or 2 nil to them, our defence is good don't think they can hold out and our attack is poor, even poorer without eom, so I can see us struggling today unfortunately.

Very negative of you today FB, I think we are in with a real chance, we are hard to beat but we need to score first.

I think it's going to be a tight game, 1 goal in it

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread FRIDAY on 10:23 - Oct 19 with 1117 viewsunion_jack

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread FRIDAY on 09:21 - Oct 19 by Fireboy2

Tend to agree FB unfortunately. Let’s hope we are both completely wrong.

Enjoy it there, whatever👍
[Post edited 19 Oct 10:24]

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread GAME DAY on 12:15 - Oct 19 with 1031 viewsKeithHaynes

Team News : Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City 19th Oct 2024 12:04
Swansea City take on Blackburn Rovers at 3pm (UK time) today in the EFL Championship at Ewood Park. A welcome return for club football fans as the roads and motorways are again full of expectant supporters, literally thousand and thousands of them. 0

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread GAME DAY on 12:26 - Oct 19 with 1005 viewsFlashberryjack

I'm afraid I can't feel any optomism whatsoever about todays game, no striker (worthy of the name) our most creative attacker out injured, and possibly Abdulai and Peart Harris starting.

We will really need lady luck to be smiliing on us, if we are to get anything from this game.
I'd be over the moon with a draw, but my prediction is a 3 -0 loss.

Appologies for the negativity.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread GAME DAY on 13:01 - Oct 19 with 948 viewsWhiterockin

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread GAME DAY on 12:26 - Oct 19 by Flashberryjack

I'm afraid I can't feel any optomism whatsoever about todays game, no striker (worthy of the name) our most creative attacker out injured, and possibly Abdulai and Peart Harris starting.

We will really need lady luck to be smiliing on us, if we are to get anything from this game.
I'd be over the moon with a draw, but my prediction is a 3 -0 loss.

Appologies for the negativity.

I could be wrong but I don't expect Abdulai or Peart Harris to start. I'm going with the the same starting line up as against Stoke except Bianchini in for Eon with Cullen up front instead of Vipotnik, providing Cabango is fine after international duty.
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread GAME DAY on 14:05 - Oct 19 with 846 viewsWhiterockin

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread GAME DAY on 13:01 - Oct 19 by Whiterockin

I could be wrong but I don't expect Abdulai or Peart Harris to start. I'm going with the the same starting line up as against Stoke except Bianchini in for Eon with Cullen up front instead of Vipotnik, providing Cabango is fine after international duty.

At least I got that right, but I'm disappointed not to see Kyrell Wilson on the bench.
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread GAME DAY on 14:19 - Oct 19 with 779 viewstheloneranger

Swansea City:

Lawrence Vigouroux; Josh Key, Ben Cabango, Harry Darling, Josh Tymon; Matt Grimes (captain), Gonçalo Franco, Ollie Cooper; Ronald, Liam Cullen, Florian Bianchini.

Substitutes: Jon McLaughlin, Jay Fulton, Joe Allen, Žan Vipotnik, Nathan Tjoe-A-On, Myles Peart-Harris, Kyle Naughton, Nelson Abbey, Azeem Abdulai.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread GAME DAY on 14:25 - Oct 19 with 749 viewsonehunglow

Loads of “negative” posts around
Given the falling crowds and lacking goals ,I’d say we are in a bit of a pickle
We need to change our mindset and the team can do this starting today

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread GAME DAY on 14:36 - Oct 19 with 700 viewsWhiterockin

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread GAME DAY on 14:25 - Oct 19 by onehunglow

I would say the falling crowds and lack of goals is more down to the ownership and business model than the coach and players.
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread GAME DAY on 14:40 - Oct 19 with 678 viewsKeithHaynes

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread GAME DAY on 14:25 - Oct 19 by onehunglow

That’s another Swansea Way 😂

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread GAME DAY on 14:43 - Oct 19 with 658 viewsKeithHaynes

Half an hour before kick off.

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread GAME DAY on 14:56 - Oct 19 with 624 viewsKeithHaynes

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread GAME DAY on 15:02 - Oct 19 with 585 viewsonehunglow

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread GAME DAY on 14:36 - Oct 19 by Whiterockin

I would say the falling crowds and lack of goals is more down to the ownership and business model than the coach and players.

Well,its the whole show that has turned folk away

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread GAME DAY on 15:06 - Oct 19 with 566 viewsLegend83

Any streams?
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Match day thread GAME DAY on 15:08 - Oct 19 with 555 viewsKeithHaynes

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024