Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Home Rule 10:49 - Feb 28 with 15712 viewsCatullus

Drakeford wants it, devo max, go Federal, whatever you want to call it. His speech said a lot but was very light on detail. It was full of optimistic generalisations without saying much at all.
It is obvious now why the Labour party wanted to give the vote to 16/17 year olds, they are targettting them at the next election with this home rule demand because they know young people are more likley to support it, or independence.
This change in the voting laws was nothing to do with democracy and everything to do with tilting the vote in their favour but maybe it'll backfire and those youngsters will vote Plaid?

That aside, whn will we hear details? When will Drakeford give us the opportunity to weight up his plans?
He has also said more than once he won't serve a full term if he wins, that most likely means we'll have Gething foisted on us...from frying pan into the fire then. Can we vote for a party when we know the leader isn't interested in doing the term? Certainly people didn't like it when we had Bojo foisted on us, plenty said we didn'tvote for him and said it wasn't democratic.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Home Rule on 22:59 - Mar 14 with 867 viewsexhmrc1

Well dont you think people from the area would notice if there were suddenly lots more non local accents. Of course there are many non local accents in Cardiff more so than Swansea but it is crystally clear that there was someone there who noticed something unusual. Cardiff was absolutely heaving after our firebreak ceased. At the same time the month long English one had started and Christmas was getting closer. People from England realised that and decided to break their lockdown and come shopping in Wales. It seems the same thing happened in North East Wales.

If anywhere is heaving without adequate social distancing then it is likely to cause an increase in the virus figures.

Cardiff suffered more than elsewhere as our largest city centre and being close to the west of England,
Home Rule on 23:12 - Mar 14 with 854 viewsCatullus

Home Rule on 22:59 - Mar 14 by exhmrc1

Well dont you think people from the area would notice if there were suddenly lots more non local accents. Of course there are many non local accents in Cardiff more so than Swansea but it is crystally clear that there was someone there who noticed something unusual. Cardiff was absolutely heaving after our firebreak ceased. At the same time the month long English one had started and Christmas was getting closer. People from England realised that and decided to break their lockdown and come shopping in Wales. It seems the same thing happened in North East Wales.

If anywhere is heaving without adequate social distancing then it is likely to cause an increase in the virus figures.

Cardiff suffered more than elsewhere as our largest city centre and being close to the west of England,

I agree people would notice, certainly more than just the one person. I might expect it to be all over social media and there to be headlines screaming it out on WOL. and other media outlets.

That's all you have though, 500 cars stopped (not even in Cardiff) in random checks with no numbers given how many were "English infiltrators" and one student claiming to have heard "many" English accents in queues.

And again, if this really happened, Drakeford would definitely have criticised Bojo, he never wastes an opportunity.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Home Rule on 23:16 - Mar 14 with 848 viewsScotia

Home Rule on 22:59 - Mar 14 by exhmrc1

Isn't that the fault of Drakeford for not enforcing social distancing? Or being responsible for reverting to a free for all rather than a gradual release from lockdown? Is he absolved of all responsibility because people have driven 20 miles over the border?

These excuses are crazy, I expect better from my leaders, its a shame you are satisfied with this diabolical situation. It really is.

Take the blinkers off. Drakeford has been as bad as Boris, no stats or media reports say otherwise. None at all.
Home Rule on 09:51 - Mar 15 with 799 viewsCatullus

Home Rule on 23:16 - Mar 14 by Scotia

Isn't that the fault of Drakeford for not enforcing social distancing? Or being responsible for reverting to a free for all rather than a gradual release from lockdown? Is he absolved of all responsibility because people have driven 20 miles over the border?

These excuses are crazy, I expect better from my leaders, its a shame you are satisfied with this diabolical situation. It really is.

Take the blinkers off. Drakeford has been as bad as Boris, no stats or media reports say otherwise. None at all.

I actually do think Drakeford has been slightly better than Bojo BUT, slightly better than diabolical is hardly good!

If Drakeford/Welsh Labour cannot run their government with limited powers, what mess would they make of total control?

If Drakeford isn't going to serve a full term he should resign now and let them choose a leader who will stay on. We deserve to know who we are voting for.

Home Rule on 10:02 - Mar 15 with 795 viewsexhmrc1

Home Rule on 09:51 - Mar 15 by Catullus

I actually do think Drakeford has been slightly better than Bojo BUT, slightly better than diabolical is hardly good!

If Drakeford/Welsh Labour cannot run their government with limited powers, what mess would they make of total control?

If Drakeford isn't going to serve a full term he should resign now and let them choose a leader who will stay on. We deserve to know who we are voting for.

It is standard that party leaders change during a term. Drakeford took over from Carwyn Jones who himself took over from Rhodri Morgan.

In Westminster Gordon Brown took over after an election from Tony Blair and indeed oris Johnson did from Teresa May. Going further back Harold Wilson resigned and Jim Callaghan took over.

There is nothing new in this. Drakeford will resign sometime in the new term. I suspect it might be around his 70th birthday then Labour will have an election to decide who it wants as its new leader. This is normal except that Drakeford has been pretty honest in that he has made an announcement rather than just taking action at a set time.
Home Rule on 17:51 - Mar 15 with 757 viewsCatullus

Obviously party leaders change but it is not standard for a party leader to declare he'll quit soon after an election.

Actually, it's even less standard for a brand new leader to say he won't stay in office long beyond the next election pretty much as sonnas he becomes leader.

Just who will be that next leader?

Home Rule on 17:57 - Mar 15 with 754 viewsexhmrc1

Home Rule on 17:51 - Mar 15 by Catullus

Obviously party leaders change but it is not standard for a party leader to declare he'll quit soon after an election.

Actually, it's even less standard for a brand new leader to say he won't stay in office long beyond the next election pretty much as sonnas he becomes leader.

Just who will be that next leader?

Your guess is as good as anybody's. Nobody knows. There will be a leadership contest and until that takes place it could be anybody. If I was to guess I would say Gething but somebody could arise from the field. It might have been better if Drakeford had stayed quiet but perhaps he is too honest unlike most politicians. We are probably a couple of years before he stands down though.
Home Rule on 19:37 - Mar 15 with 746 viewsCatullus

Home Rule on 17:57 - Mar 15 by exhmrc1

Your guess is as good as anybody's. Nobody knows. There will be a leadership contest and until that takes place it could be anybody. If I was to guess I would say Gething but somebody could arise from the field. It might have been better if Drakeford had stayed quiet but perhaps he is too honest unlike most politicians. We are probably a couple of years before he stands down though.

He reckoned he didn't want the job in the first place so maybe less than a year. This pademic has probably taken a toll on him too.

My guess would be Gething but I'd hope somebody else did come through.

Login to get fewer ads

Home Rule on 19:57 - Mar 15 with 743 viewsexhmrc1

Home Rule on 19:37 - Mar 15 by Catullus

He reckoned he didn't want the job in the first place so maybe less than a year. This pademic has probably taken a toll on him too.

My guess would be Gething but I'd hope somebody else did come through.

It probably has taken a toll and he is no spring chicken either. I would be happy with Gething but i suspect Skates or Eluned Morgan will stand against him.
Home Rule on 20:55 - Mar 15 with 727 viewsFlashberryjack

Home Rule on 19:57 - Mar 15 by exhmrc1

It probably has taken a toll and he is no spring chicken either. I would be happy with Gething but i suspect Skates or Eluned Morgan will stand against him.

Gething, Skates or Eluned Morgan, fantastic choices there.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Home Rule on 19:38 - Mar 16 with 670 viewsCatullus

Home Rule on 20:55 - Mar 15 by Flashberryjack

Gething, Skates or Eluned Morgan, fantastic choices there.

I'd take Morgan over the other two!

Home Rule on 19:49 - Mar 16 with 664 viewsScotia

Home Rule on 19:38 - Mar 16 by Catullus

I'd take Morgan over the other two!

Surely we can't have Gething after this covid debacle.

Ken skates looks a bit like a cartoon character. I do like Eluned Morgan, I like Jeremy Miles too.
Home Rule on 07:41 - Mar 18 with 616 viewsKilkennyjack

Home Rule on 19:49 - Mar 16 by Scotia

Surely we can't have Gething after this covid debacle.

Ken skates looks a bit like a cartoon character. I do like Eluned Morgan, I like Jeremy Miles too.

Saying that he did a lot better than Johnson

Beware of the Risen People

Home Rule on 09:38 - Mar 18 with 604 viewsexhmrc1

Home Rule on 07:41 - Mar 18 by Kilkennyjack

Saying that he did a lot better than Johnson

This has been the problem throughout. Johnson's right wing ideals has put lives at risk. It is the reason England's case rate has been higher than Wales for months. Nothing to do with nationality. Just fact and despite Scotia'sand others anti Drakeford agenda nothing to do with the Kent variant. Wales had higher rates in December and the evidence clearly shows the Kent virus was dominant in Wales at 24 January and probably earlier. See the graph here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52380643
Home Rule on 12:39 - Mar 18 with 573 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Home Rule on 09:46 - Mar 14 by Kilkennyjack

Not everything Perch ... but certainly dreadful things in ...

South Africa
Australia
America
Ireland
India
Malaya
Kenya

Like post war Germany, you do have to acknowledge these things before you can move on.

Still a sadly deluded man with an Irish chip on his shoulder.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Home Rule on 13:57 - Mar 18 with 572 viewsonehunglow

Home Rule on 12:39 - Mar 18 by felixstowe_jack

Still a sadly deluded man with an Irish chip on his shoulder.

Just what makes a welshman want to be Irish

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Home Rule on 17:09 - Mar 19 with 508 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Home Rule on 09:38 - Mar 18 by exhmrc1

This has been the problem throughout. Johnson's right wing ideals has put lives at risk. It is the reason England's case rate has been higher than Wales for months. Nothing to do with nationality. Just fact and despite Scotia'sand others anti Drakeford agenda nothing to do with the Kent variant. Wales had higher rates in December and the evidence clearly shows the Kent virus was dominant in Wales at 24 January and probably earlier. See the graph here.

Why is the death rate higher in Wales than England, Scotland and Ni? Could it be Drakeford's disastrous two week lockdown then lifting all restrictions in every area in Wales while the rest of the UK had tier system in place.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Home Rule on 18:23 - Mar 19 with 504 viewsWhiterockin

Home Rule on 17:09 - Mar 19 by felixstowe_jack

Why is the death rate higher in Wales than England, Scotland and Ni? Could it be Drakeford's disastrous two week lockdown then lifting all restrictions in every area in Wales while the rest of the UK had tier system in place.

Its more likely to be the lowering of the Welsh standard of living and quality of life over the last 20 years.
Home Rule on 13:37 - Mar 20 with 468 viewstrampie

Britain Elects (@BritainElects) Tweeted: Maesydre (Wrexham) result:

PC: 30.7% (+30.7)
LAB: 27.2% (-17.0)
CON: 25.2% (+0.9)
LDEM: 9.6% (-11.5)
IND: 7.4% (+7.4)

Plaid Cymru GAIN from Labour.

No other Ind (-10.5) as prev.

Turnout: 32.71%

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Home Rule on 14:12 - Mar 20 with 453 viewsCatullus

Home Rule on 09:38 - Mar 18 by exhmrc1

I must have missed it but I saw nothing on that link about the Kent variant.

The rise in numbers in December was down to the 2 week lockdown, people went mad when it ended and caused more spread. That lockdown needed to be much longer and lives would have been saved.
That lockdown ended on November 9 and a few weeks later the Welsh case rates had risen sharply.

Sorry but I'm not scrolling through it again, please copy and paste the section that shows the Kent variant was dominant in Wales.

Home Rule on 16:36 - Mar 20 with 428 viewsexhmrc1

Home Rule on 14:12 - Mar 20 by Catullus

I must have missed it but I saw nothing on that link about the Kent variant.

The rise in numbers in December was down to the 2 week lockdown, people went mad when it ended and caused more spread. That lockdown needed to be much longer and lives would have been saved.
That lockdown ended on November 9 and a few weeks later the Welsh case rates had risen sharply.

Sorry but I'm not scrolling through it again, please copy and paste the section that shows the Kent variant was dominant in Wales.

The actual graph was being shown on the BBC Wales stats article daily but is no longer there. It showed the 2 variants on a graph from 24 January and it was clearly the case it was going on longer.

However here is an article from the chief scientist confirming that and that the Kent variant had been driving the figures over Christmas which is even better

More transmissible ‘Kent variant’ of Covid-19 now the dominant strain in most of Wales
27th January 2021

Chief Scientific Adviser Rob Orford with Chief Medical Officer Frank Atherton.
The so-called ‘Kent variant’ of Covid-19 is now the dominant strain in most parts of Wales, according to the Welsh Government’s scientific adviser Rob Orford.

He said the new strain which is believed to be more transmissible is now present in all regions at levels of 50% or more.

“We believe this strain has been driving the high rates of cases seen over the Christmas period and into the new year,” he said.

“What we can say at this stage is that this new strain is more contagious and travels very quickly, causing more people to catch coronavirus, which in turn may put the health system under more strain.”

He also said that there have also been 10 cases of the South African variant identified in Wales, with all being cases from people who have travelled abroad.

“We are also closely tracking three other new variants, which have emerged in close succession in South Africa and Brazil,” he said.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024