Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Home Rule 10:49 - Feb 28 with 15606 viewsCatullus

Drakeford wants it, devo max, go Federal, whatever you want to call it. His speech said a lot but was very light on detail. It was full of optimistic generalisations without saying much at all.
It is obvious now why the Labour party wanted to give the vote to 16/17 year olds, they are targettting them at the next election with this home rule demand because they know young people are more likley to support it, or independence.
This change in the voting laws was nothing to do with democracy and everything to do with tilting the vote in their favour but maybe it'll backfire and those youngsters will vote Plaid?

That aside, whn will we hear details? When will Drakeford give us the opportunity to weight up his plans?
He has also said more than once he won't serve a full term if he wins, that most likely means we'll have Gething foisted on us...from frying pan into the fire then. Can we vote for a party when we know the leader isn't interested in doing the term? Certainly people didn't like it when we had Bojo foisted on us, plenty said we didn'tvote for him and said it wasn't democratic.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Home Rule on 22:04 - Mar 12 with 735 viewsKilkennyjack

Home Rule on 15:18 - Mar 12 by trampie

I've followed politics for the best part of 50 years and not taking sides when I say this and I am generalising but Plaid have and have had some of the best politicians of the lot.

Delyth Jewell is another one.

Beware of the Risen People

Home Rule on 22:10 - Mar 12 with 732 viewsKilkennyjack

Home Rule on 14:46 - Mar 12 by Catullus

I can't find the poll you mention,unless it's this one and they just haven't mentioned your stat,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-56194878

Support for Indy is 14%, that's a lot lower than Kilky says and support for abolish is still the higher number. An earlier poll isn't exactly great for Labour.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/what-latest-welsh-political-poll-196

Where did you get the 55% from, links are always handy.

Use Google mun ....

‘Record-breaking numbers of people in Wales are in favour of independence, a new poll suggests.

Conducted for ITV News Tonight by Savanta ComRes, the new survey found just under 40 per cent of Welsh citizens to be in favour of separating from the UK, representing the highest levels of support for Welsh independence ever recorded.’

04th March 2021.

Home Rule on 22:15 - Mar 12 with 714 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Home Rule on 14:46 - Mar 12 by Catullus

I can't find the poll you mention,unless it's this one and they just haven't mentioned your stat,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-56194878

Support for Indy is 14%, that's a lot lower than Kilky says and support for abolish is still the higher number. An earlier poll isn't exactly great for Labour.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/what-latest-welsh-political-poll-196

Where did you get the 55% from, links are always handy.

I think you will find killy just makes up these stats of his.

A recent St David's poll
14% of Welsh voters supported independence
15% of Welsh voters wanted abolish the Senedd

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Home Rule on 22:16 - Mar 12 with 723 viewsKilkennyjack

Home Rule on 13:27 - Mar 12 by felixstowe_jack

I do remember Drakeford saying a two week lockdown was all that was needed.

Except he didn’t say it ...

Home Rule on 22:28 - Mar 12 with 707 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Home Rule on 22:16 - Mar 12 by Kilkennyjack

Except he didn’t say it ...

Of course he did Wales had a short two week lockdown after which Drakeford lifted all restrictions and allowed people to travel anywhere in Wales. This led to an explosion of cases in Wales leading to a full lockdown just before Christmas which 11 weeks later is still in place.

Home Rule on 22:35 - Mar 12 with 713 viewsexhmrc1

Home Rule on 15:07 - Mar 12 by onehunglow

Why would your country need "support".

What does that entail.

Elaborate if you would,then ask why you are engaging with me in English .

My country is the one that is shown on my passport and that is good enough for me.

You suffer from gross insecurity and it's a trait that Wale is renowned for. Mssive inferiority complex which has to be compensated for by hate speech which we see from you ,killy,tramp and now sadly Builth .

A country is just that. Not individual.

Countries have gone to war and seen mass laughter because people like you feel insulted or outraged that their country is "under attack"

Germans were very proud of their country in the 30s not to mention the glorious killing machine of Japan. It ended badly.

I speak to you like many others in English otherwise you like many others wouldnt be able to converse with me.

Every country needs support. Where would your beloved England or UK be without it. It doesnt necessarily need your support. In fact, it would be better off without you having anything to do with it because all you ever are is negative about it. You try to blame me, builth etc why. We have a view that you dont agree with.

Yes you have made it clear on numerous occasions you dont consider Wales as your country.

What great insecurity do I suffer from. Try looking at the facts.

I criticise a party and leader who is responsible for the highest number of covid cases and the highest number of deaths in the UK based on the system used for declaring these issues by all UK governments.

I have major concerns that a place is being flooded by people from elsewhere making it likely the covid cases will rise. Is that somehow gross insecurity. I dont think so. It is a sensible position to stop the virus spread and people dying.
Home Rule on 22:54 - Mar 12 with 702 viewsScotia

Home Rule on 22:35 - Mar 12 by exhmrc1

I speak to you like many others in English otherwise you like many others wouldnt be able to converse with me.

Every country needs support. Where would your beloved England or UK be without it. It doesnt necessarily need your support. In fact, it would be better off without you having anything to do with it because all you ever are is negative about it. You try to blame me, builth etc why. We have a view that you dont agree with.

Yes you have made it clear on numerous occasions you dont consider Wales as your country.

What great insecurity do I suffer from. Try looking at the facts.

I criticise a party and leader who is responsible for the highest number of covid cases and the highest number of deaths in the UK based on the system used for declaring these issues by all UK governments.

I have major concerns that a place is being flooded by people from elsewhere making it likely the covid cases will rise. Is that somehow gross insecurity. I dont think so. It is a sensible position to stop the virus spread and people dying.

You criticise one leader but support a different leader who until very recently was in exactly that position, and by luck isn't still in that position?

Of course if you use other measures Wales is in a worse position.

This argument fell apart months ago.
Home Rule on 23:03 - Mar 12 with 693 viewsexhmrc1

Home Rule on 22:54 - Mar 12 by Scotia

You criticise one leader but support a different leader who until very recently was in exactly that position, and by luck isn't still in that position?

Of course if you use other measures Wales is in a worse position.

This argument fell apart months ago.

It isnt by luck. It is by acting decisively and going into lockdown earlier.

These are the official figures. The ones declared by all UK Government's daily.
Login to get fewer ads

Home Rule on 23:20 - Mar 12 with 690 viewsScotia

Home Rule on 23:03 - Mar 12 by exhmrc1

It isnt by luck. It is by acting decisively and going into lockdown earlier.

These are the official figures. The ones declared by all UK Government's daily.

He didn't act decisively, he was forced in to action by his ineptitude.

His appalling handing of the release from the firebreak led Wales to having the highest infection rate in the world. Even without the Kent variant being dominant as it was in SE England. We had to go in to lockdown.

We've been here before and you've proved me to be correct, surely you're getting tired of this?
Home Rule on 00:31 - Mar 13 with 683 viewsexhmrc1

Home Rule on 23:20 - Mar 12 by Scotia

He didn't act decisively, he was forced in to action by his ineptitude.

His appalling handing of the release from the firebreak led Wales to having the highest infection rate in the world. Even without the Kent variant being dominant as it was in SE England. We had to go in to lockdown.

We've been here before and you've proved me to be correct, surely you're getting tired of this?

No throughout this you have been proven wrong. When did England go into their Firebreak and how long for.
Home Rule on 05:37 - Mar 13 with 662 viewsKilkennyjack

Home Rule on 22:28 - Mar 12 by felixstowe_jack

Of course he did Wales had a short two week lockdown after which Drakeford lifted all restrictions and allowed people to travel anywhere in Wales. This led to an explosion of cases in Wales leading to a full lockdown just before Christmas which 11 weeks later is still in place.

Show me where he said it was ‘all that was needed’ ?
Maybe i missed it.
It does not sound like Drakeford, given his normally careful and cautious style ....

I thought he said it was needed. And immediately.

At the time Drakeford was laughed at by Johnson and his public schoolboy friends.
Drakeford made it short wholly due to the Tory govt not extending furlow for Wales. That was a Tory choice. It undermined Wales, and deliberately so. A political choice.

And then Drakeford was proven correct and Johnson eventually followed, and then furlow was extended of course. England needed it.

The welsh firebreak worked, but 2 weeks was not long enough.
It was 2 weeks down to Johnson.

Home Rule on 06:35 - Mar 13 with 647 viewsfelixstowe_jack

If he did not say it why did only have a two week firebreak? Why did he open up all of Wales? Even nicloa agreed that a tier system was needed. She put in place a 5 tier system just to be different to England's four tier system . While Drakeford said after his failed 2 week firebreak the people of Wales would not accept a tier system.

Home Rule on 07:16 - Mar 13 with 651 viewsScotia

Home Rule on 00:31 - Mar 13 by exhmrc1

No throughout this you have been proven wrong. When did England go into their Firebreak and how long for.

No I haven't.

You've even proved yourself to be wrong with recent posts.

What is wrong in the post you quoted?
Home Rule on 09:12 - Mar 13 with 633 viewsKilkennyjack

Home Rule on 06:35 - Mar 13 by felixstowe_jack

If he did not say it why did only have a two week firebreak? Why did he open up all of Wales? Even nicloa agreed that a tier system was needed. She put in place a 5 tier system just to be different to England's four tier system . While Drakeford said after his failed 2 week firebreak the people of Wales would not accept a tier system.

Furlough

Home Rule on 09:34 - Mar 13 with 624 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Home Rule on 09:12 - Mar 13 by Kilkennyjack

Furlough

You in furlough? I did not even know you had a job.

Home Rule on 10:26 - Mar 13 with 610 viewsonehunglow

Home Rule on 09:34 - Mar 13 by felixstowe_jack

You in furlough? I did not even know you had a job.

Thought he was in Fermanagh

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Home Rule on 11:18 - Mar 13 with 603 viewsCatullus

Home Rule on 22:10 - Mar 12 by Kilkennyjack

Use Google mun ....

‘Record-breaking numbers of people in Wales are in favour of independence, a new poll suggests.

Conducted for ITV News Tonight by Savanta ComRes, the new survey found just under 40 per cent of Welsh citizens to be in favour of separating from the UK, representing the highest levels of support for Welsh independence ever recorded.’

04th March 2021.

I did use google and it came back with the poll on St Davids day saying only 14% support indy and 15% are for abolish.

Your poll was not accurate because it removed don't knows, it skews results.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2021 11:21]

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Home Rule on 11:34 - Mar 13 with 600 viewsCatullus

Home Rule on 20:25 - Mar 12 by exhmrc1

No he hasnt got this right. He shouldnt be allowing supermarkets to sell things that local traders cant.

As far as opening shops are concerned it is a very difficult one. The evidence from last year shows cases dropped when shops opened. However it was different then to now. Shops were open in England then so people werent flooding in from England. After the firebreak when shops in England were closed loads came and Cardiff was crammed and that puts things at risk.

If we cannot ensure that doesnt happen again then he would be right to keep things closed until the time shops in England re open. I did say this to you previously.

I have asked you before to prove that people flooded in from England and I'm confident you can't. A few came but not very many headed to Cardiff for shopping. I think there would have been headlines and Drakerford wouldn't have wasted the opportunity to attack Bojo. Cardiff was crammed with Welsh people.

It was something I mentioned when I argued for a longer lockdown but with slightly looser rules, we already knew that people went berserk in the few days before and the few days after lockdowns. We created a loop; so a longer lockdown but one that allowed as many businesses as possible to stay open, lets say those businesses that spent the money putting covid precautions in place so the economy was less trashed.

Home Rule on 12:14 - Mar 13 with 595 viewsonehunglow

Home Rule on 11:34 - Mar 13 by Catullus

I have asked you before to prove that people flooded in from England and I'm confident you can't. A few came but not very many headed to Cardiff for shopping. I think there would have been headlines and Drakerford wouldn't have wasted the opportunity to attack Bojo. Cardiff was crammed with Welsh people.

It was something I mentioned when I argued for a longer lockdown but with slightly looser rules, we already knew that people went berserk in the few days before and the few days after lockdowns. We created a loop; so a longer lockdown but one that allowed as many businesses as possible to stay open, lets say those businesses that spent the money putting covid precautions in place so the economy was less trashed.

Flooded in from England sounds very like comments regarding the immigration to this country from people of the Indian sub continent.

Mask slipped alright.

Without England,Waales dies.FACT.Ask those who rent our holiday homes to these barstuds.

Home Rule on 14:24 - Mar 13 with 584 viewsCatullus

Home Rule on 12:14 - Mar 13 by onehunglow

Flooded in from England sounds very like comments regarding the immigration to this country from people of the Indian sub continent.

Mask slipped alright.

Without England,Waales dies.FACT.Ask those who rent our holiday homes to these barstuds.

That's an over reaction mun, we're talking about shopping trips not immigration!

Home Rule on 14:57 - Mar 13 with 576 viewsonehunglow

Home Rule on 14:24 - Mar 13 by Catullus

That's an over reaction mun, we're talking about shopping trips not immigration!

No difference though is it.
They don't speak Welsh

They damage the welsh culture

Home Rule on 16:09 - Mar 13 with 561 viewsCatullus

Home Rule on 14:57 - Mar 13 by onehunglow

No difference though is it.
They don't speak Welsh

They damage the welsh culture

It's more like he's trying to blame the English for the covid surge but have it your way!

Home Rule on 16:11 - Mar 13 with 557 viewsonehunglow

Home Rule on 16:09 - Mar 13 by Catullus

It's more like he's trying to blame the English for the covid surge but have it your way!

The English are to blame for everything.

Innit

Home Rule on 19:47 - Mar 13 with 540 viewsexhmrc1

Home Rule on 11:34 - Mar 13 by Catullus

Your confidence is misplaced. Here is one article. Police started turning round and arresting people who were breaking local lockdown rules by travelling here. There is also an article showing Queen Street. This may well have been part of the reason for the increase of cases following the firebreak.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=cardiff+flooded+with+shoppers+from+england+

Mayhem as shoppers flood Cardiff city centre after Wales lockdown lifted
Hospitality venues and non essential businesses were forced to shut on October 23 as people were asked to stay at home in the hope that a short, sharp lockdown would stem the rising cases of coronavirus.

dailystar
COMMENTS

The city centre was busy as families and friends reunited. (Image: Getty Images)
The Daily Star's FREE newsletter is spectacular! Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox

Enter your email
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. OurPrivacy Noticeexplains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Shoppers flooded to the high street on the back of Wales' 17-day firebreak lockdown ending on Monday.

The city centre was busy as families and friends reunited and lockdown restrictions were lifted with non essential shops and businesses reopening their doors.

PROMOTED STORY
Help staff stay productive and secure when working from home
Help staff stay productive and secure when working from home
(Dell on IDG)
Since October 23, hospitality venues and non essential businesses were forced to shut and people asked to stay at home in the hope that a short, sharp lockdown would stem the rising cases of coronavirus, reports Wales Online.

While affected businesses were allowed to re-open on Monday strict rules around who can meet didn't stop shoppers hitting the streets to make up for lost time - and in some cases begin their Christmas shopping.

Central Cardiff as the Welsh firebreak restrictions were lifted (Image: Rowan Griffiths)

Shoppers queue outside a Primark store (Image: Getty Images)
READ MORE
Where you can still buy the Xbox Series X in the UK — as stock selling out fast
As of November 9 people who do not live together are able to meet indoors and outdoors in no more than groups of four (not including children aged under 11).

However, other than in very limited circumstances, and the Welsh Government are advising people where possible to shop alone.

Similarly to before the firebreak lockdown, face coverings must still be worn in indoor public places and people must self-isolate when told to do so by NHS Wales Test, Trace, Protect.

A full list of what you can and can't do in Wales, now the firebreak restrictions are lifted can be found here.

Queues formed outside shops operating strict social distancing measures. (Image: Getty Images)

Huge queues outside Primark (Image: Rowan Griffiths)
READ MORE
Daily Star's newsletter brings you the biggest and best stories — sign up today
Harriet Millsopp, moved to Cardiff in August for a change of career and was queuing outside the Lush store on Queen Street. She said that it was busier than she expected.

"I just came in to get a few bits - completely underestimating how busy it would be," she said.

"I am glad they have reopened but I do think that it is quite overcrowded and not a lot of people are wearing masks which is quite concerning.

Check what's open near you.

"I'm not doing any Christmas shopping today, I'm just starting a new job and I need to grab a few bits and the shop I'm in front of now doesn't really do much online."

Shoppers wait outside a Zara store on Queen Street, Cardiff. (Image: Getty Images)
READ MORE
You can get paid £600 to taste test chocolate from the comfort of your own home
For many people this was the first time they had been allowed to visit Cardiff in months - with many neighbouring local authorities having been under 'local lockdowns' for weeks beforehand.
Home Rule on 09:46 - Mar 14 with 483 viewsKilkennyjack

Home Rule on 16:11 - Mar 13 by onehunglow

The English are to blame for everything.

Innit

Not everything Perch ... but certainly dreadful things in ...

South Africa
Australia
America
Ireland
India
Malaya
Kenya

Like post war Germany, you do have to acknowledge these things before you can move on.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024