Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wanting a change of management... 02:43 - Nov 8 with 11330 viewsAyewSerious

After a long journey back to my home, a quick read of the board tells me that this is now trendily seen as "pressing the panic button" and only the people "mildly concerned" are capable of thinking rationally? That about right?

Rubbish, in my opinion. As soon as things go wrong you have the two camps forming online without fail. One that pro actively looks for solutions and another that revels in telling these people they are red button pushing idiots. Ive seen it time and time again to the point of nauseating tedium, they are usually the ones not wanting to form a solid opinion for fear of looking silly later down the line.

These same camps appeared around the time Laudrup needed replacing, however the "rational mildly concerned" quickly filtered into the "the board did the right thing" camp and went largely unnoticed. Im sure the same will happen again this time.

The fact is, Garry is not making rational decisions and has not responded well to pressure at all. Football is becoming more and more a game of short term and in my opinion the time has come again to hand over the baton. That takes nothing away from his achievements last year, or indeed Laudrups the year before he went - but the team is not being led in the direction that is right for Swansea City, just as it was not back then.

I don't believe I am panicking or pressing any imaginary button. Things are not right, and I don't believe it is something a few wins will put right. There seems a total lack of direction, nobody really seems to have a game plan, it is pedestrian, rudderless, unimaginative football and I can't remember a time in our PL era where we have gone nearly a quarter of a season scoring so little (2?) from open play, and the worrying thing is that number actually flatters us.

To bring in Tabanou and Eder and refuse to use them is baffling at best and a frivolous waste of much needed funds at worst. To not address the imbalance of the side (noted by many as far back as Watford away) is either shockingly stubborn or complete blindness to obvious pitfalls in the set up. All is not well, of that I am sure, and just like the end Laudrups tenure - for me, it is thanks for last year but we must move on.

We need our core principles restored just like Huw famously once stated, I agreed then and I suggest the same now.
Wanting a change of management... on 15:17 - Nov 8 with 1499 viewsperchrockjack

I posted a comment vis a visa new manager clearly having an effect.

Answer?

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Wanting a change of management... on 15:17 - Nov 8 with 1494 viewsJackfath

Wanting a change of management... on 15:17 - Nov 8 by perchrockjack

I posted a comment vis a visa new manager clearly having an effect.

Answer?

That he played Ayew up front. Maybe that's the answer.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Wanting a change of management... on 15:19 - Nov 8 with 1488 viewsperchrockjack

Didn't know.many thanks.

Wanting a change of management... on 15:24 - Nov 8 with 1476 viewsjack247

I'm very much in the 'Monk in' camp at the moment, not for sentimental reasons, but because he has proved himself to be tactically astute and not afraid to completely change the formation and style in the past.

I am a bit concerned that he hasn't even attempted to do anything yet though, if we can all see the team dynamics are out of kilter, surely he can.
Wanting a change of management... on 15:26 - Nov 8 with 1473 viewsperchrockjack

Surely

Wanting a change of management... on 15:45 - Nov 8 with 1443 viewsGTCJack

Not particularly buying that theme - with regards to the majority of top sides played..

We still (out of the current top 10) have Leicester, Man City, West Ham, Liverpool and Crystal Palace to play out of the 7 remaining games to take us up to half way point of the season. That would suggest to me that we are at the very least playing our fair share of sides top and bottom.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2015 15:47]
Wanting a change of management... on 15:50 - Nov 8 with 1423 viewsshandyjack

Wanting a change of management... on 15:45 - Nov 8 by GTCJack

Not particularly buying that theme - with regards to the majority of top sides played..

We still (out of the current top 10) have Leicester, Man City, West Ham, Liverpool and Crystal Palace to play out of the 7 remaining games to take us up to half way point of the season. That would suggest to me that we are at the very least playing our fair share of sides top and bottom.

on the plus side we still have Villa,Norwich,Watford and Sunderland to play at home. All who may be in and around the bottom of the table come end of season should we be in amongst trouble

Poll: Expectation for the season

Wanting a change of management... on 15:53 - Nov 8 with 1413 viewsjack247

Wanting a change of management... on 15:45 - Nov 8 by GTCJack

Presumably we are counting Chelsea as a relegation candidate then?

We have played poorly, no doubt and should have a higher points tally and have played better than we have, but let's be honest, we have played Chelsea, Utd, Everton, Spurs, saints and Arsenal. That's 5 of last seasons top 7 plus Everton. 1 win, 3 draws, 2 defeats.

The worrying thing is we have arguably done better against them than the teams we should be beating.
Login to get fewer ads

Wanting a change of management... on 15:59 - Nov 8 with 1390 viewsGTCJack

Wanting a change of management... on 15:53 - Nov 8 by jack247

Presumably we are counting Chelsea as a relegation candidate then?

We have played poorly, no doubt and should have a higher points tally and have played better than we have, but let's be honest, we have played Chelsea, Utd, Everton, Spurs, saints and Arsenal. That's 5 of last seasons top 7 plus Everton. 1 win, 3 draws, 2 defeats.

The worrying thing is we have arguably done better against them than the teams we should be beating.

I wouldn't say it was particularly worrying that we've done better. More a trend of recent Swans seasons really. We've naturally done well against the stronger teams especially since Monk has been in charge and it definitely is refreshing compared to his previous incumbent's attitude which was "we'll give it a go but don't expect"

The worrying thing for me is the inability to see how we're going to get out of the rut, lower team or better.

And definitely count Chelsea as a relegation candidate until they get their boost from manager dismissal
Wanting a change of management... on 16:02 - Nov 8 with 1378 viewsskippyjack

Wanting a change of management... on 15:59 - Nov 8 by GTCJack

I wouldn't say it was particularly worrying that we've done better. More a trend of recent Swans seasons really. We've naturally done well against the stronger teams especially since Monk has been in charge and it definitely is refreshing compared to his previous incumbent's attitude which was "we'll give it a go but don't expect"

The worrying thing for me is the inability to see how we're going to get out of the rut, lower team or better.

And definitely count Chelsea as a relegation candidate until they get their boost from manager dismissal

what horse dollop.. We've naturally done well against the stronger teams..

absolute nonsense

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Wanting a change of management... on 16:03 - Nov 8 with 1368 viewsGTCJack

Wanting a change of management... on 16:02 - Nov 8 by skippyjack

absolute nonsense

Tell me where I'm wrong. Look at our record since Monk took charge?

We haven't lost against Man United (two wins last year) and had a strong record against Arsenal (two wins last year). Tell me how that isn't a strong record against top teams for a team such as ours?
[Post edited 8 Nov 2015 16:05]
Wanting a change of management... on 16:05 - Nov 8 with 1355 viewsskippyjack

Wanting a change of management... on 16:03 - Nov 8 by GTCJack

Tell me where I'm wrong. Look at our record since Monk took charge?

We haven't lost against Man United (two wins last year) and had a strong record against Arsenal (two wins last year). Tell me how that isn't a strong record against top teams for a team such as ours?
[Post edited 8 Nov 2015 16:05]

Facts say you're wrong.. i have looked.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Wanting a change of management... on 16:07 - Nov 8 with 1350 viewsGTCJack

Wanting a change of management... on 16:05 - Nov 8 by skippyjack

Facts say you're wrong.. i have looked.

Do you think we should expect to win those games last season?

Look away Skippy, be my guest.
Wanting a change of management... on 16:14 - Nov 8 with 1340 viewsjack247

Wanting a change of management... on 16:02 - Nov 8 by skippyjack

absolute nonsense

He is right. We have traditionally done well against the bigger clubs because they set out to attack us, play high defensive lines and leave gaps. When we play Man Utd or Arsenal, home or away, you know it could go either way. Not many teams can say that.

We may have a better points tally against the lower teams than Arsenal or Utd, but comparatively, we have probably done better than almost anyone against the bigger teams and are probably middle of the pack against the likes of Sunderland and Newcastle.
Wanting a change of management... on 16:15 - Nov 8 with 1338 viewsskippyjack

Wanting a change of management... on 16:14 - Nov 8 by jack247

He is right. We have traditionally done well against the bigger clubs because they set out to attack us, play high defensive lines and leave gaps. When we play Man Utd or Arsenal, home or away, you know it could go either way. Not many teams can say that.

We may have a better points tally against the lower teams than Arsenal or Utd, but comparatively, we have probably done better than almost anyone against the bigger teams and are probably middle of the pack against the likes of Sunderland and Newcastle.

I HAVE LOOKED IT UP! jesus christ!

Wanting a change of management... on 16:23 - Nov 8 with 1321 viewsjack247

Wanting a change of management... on 16:15 - Nov 8 by skippyjack

I HAVE LOOKED IT UP! jesus christ!

What have you looked up? Our total points vs Arsenal compared to our total points vs West Brom?
Wanting a change of management... on 16:29 - Nov 8 with 1290 viewsGTCJack

Wanting a change of management... on 16:23 - Nov 8 by jack247

What have you looked up? Our total points vs Arsenal compared to our total points vs West Brom?

Definitely don't mention our record against Man Utd or Arsenal against the results we get vs Norwich for example.

He has looked it up though, and added lots of exclamation marks!!!!!!!
Wanting a change of management... on 16:29 - Nov 8 with 1288 viewsskippyjack

Wanting a change of management... on 16:23 - Nov 8 by jack247

Every game against the 'top teams'

Chelsea
Arsenal
Man Utd
Man City
Liverpool
Everton
Tottenham

we don't beat them as much as the others

Wanting a change of management... on 16:31 - Nov 8 with 1276 viewsGTCJack

Wanting a change of management... on 16:29 - Nov 8 by skippyjack

Chelsea
Arsenal
Man Utd
Man City
Liverpool
Everton
Tottenham

Great stats, bruv.
Wanting a change of management... on 16:32 - Nov 8 with 1264 viewsjack247

Wanting a change of management... on 16:29 - Nov 8 by skippyjack

Chelsea
Arsenal
Man Utd
Man City
Liverpool
Everton
Tottenham

'The others'

Who beats Utd, City, Chelsea, Arsenal more than us?
Wanting a change of management... on 17:48 - Nov 8 with 1197 viewsskippyjack

Since our Premier League inception.. this is a table of points percentages.. which categorically states we take the most points off the teams who end up going down.

1.Burnley - 2 games - 100%
2.Wigan - 4 games - 83%
3.Bolton - 2 games - 83%
4.Fulham - 6 games - 83%
5.Reading - 2 games - 83%
6.Hull - 4 games - 83%
7.QPR - 6 games - 78%
8.Newcastle - 9 games - 74%
9.Aston Villa - 9 games - 66%
10.West Brom - 8 games - 62%
11.Blackburn - 2 games - 50%
12.Cardiff - 2 games - 50%
13.Leicester - 2 games - 50%
14.Arsenal - 9 games - 48%
15.Sunderland - 9 games - 44%
16.Crystal Palace - 4 games - 41%
17.Stoke - 9 games - 40%
18.Man Utd - 9 games - 37%
19.Wolves - 2 games - 33%
20.West Ham - 6 games 28%
21.Norwich - 6 games - 28%
22.Liverpool - 8 games - 25%
23.Southampton - 7 games - 23%
24.Man City - 8 games - 16%
25.Everton - 9 games - 14%
26.Chelsea - 9 games - 11%
27.Tottenham - 9 games - 7%
28.Watford - 1 game - 0%
[Post edited 8 Nov 2015 17:51]

Wanting a change of management... on 17:55 - Nov 8 with 1182 viewsGTCJack

Wanting a change of management... on 17:48 - Nov 8 by skippyjack

Since our Premier League inception.. this is a table of points percentages.. which categorically states we take the most points off the teams who end up going down.

2.Wigan - 4 games - 83%
3.Bolton - 2 games - 83%
4.Fulham - 6 games - 83%
6.Hull - 4 games - 83%
7.QPR - 6 games - 78%
17.Stoke - 9 games - 40%
28.Watford - 1 game - 0%

And that we've also achieved more points against Arsenal/Man Utd than we have against Wolves/West Ham/Norwich/Stoke/Palace.

Especially since Monk has been in charge.

Good work Skip.
Wanting a change of management... on 17:55 - Nov 8 with 1182 viewsmonmouth

Wanting a change of management... on 16:32 - Nov 8 by jack247

'The others'

Who beats Utd, City, Chelsea, Arsenal more than us?

Utd, City, Chelsea or Arsenal?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Wanting a change of management... on 17:56 - Nov 8 with 1180 viewsjack247

Wanting a change of management... on 17:48 - Nov 8 by skippyjack

2.Wigan - 4 games - 83%
3.Bolton - 2 games - 83%
4.Fulham - 6 games - 83%
6.Hull - 4 games - 83%
7.QPR - 6 games - 78%
17.Stoke - 9 games - 40%
28.Watford - 1 game - 0%

Is that what you LOOKED UP?

You do realise that everybody has a better head to head against Burnley, Wigan, Bolton and Fulham than they do against the CL clubs?

Try to find a club of our stature with a 48% win record against Arsenal and 37% against Man United. Southampton possibly, I doubt it though.
Wanting a change of management... on 18:06 - Nov 8 with 1145 viewsskippyjack

Wanting a change of management... on 17:56 - Nov 8 by jack247

Is that what you LOOKED UP?

You do realise that everybody has a better head to head against Burnley, Wigan, Bolton and Fulham than they do against the CL clubs?

Try to find a club of our stature with a 48% win record against Arsenal and 37% against Man United. Southampton possibly, I doubt it though.

so what is your argument?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024