Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wanting a change of management... 02:43 - Nov 8 with 11329 viewsAyewSerious

After a long journey back to my home, a quick read of the board tells me that this is now trendily seen as "pressing the panic button" and only the people "mildly concerned" are capable of thinking rationally? That about right?

Rubbish, in my opinion. As soon as things go wrong you have the two camps forming online without fail. One that pro actively looks for solutions and another that revels in telling these people they are red button pushing idiots. Ive seen it time and time again to the point of nauseating tedium, they are usually the ones not wanting to form a solid opinion for fear of looking silly later down the line.

These same camps appeared around the time Laudrup needed replacing, however the "rational mildly concerned" quickly filtered into the "the board did the right thing" camp and went largely unnoticed. Im sure the same will happen again this time.

The fact is, Garry is not making rational decisions and has not responded well to pressure at all. Football is becoming more and more a game of short term and in my opinion the time has come again to hand over the baton. That takes nothing away from his achievements last year, or indeed Laudrups the year before he went - but the team is not being led in the direction that is right for Swansea City, just as it was not back then.

I don't believe I am panicking or pressing any imaginary button. Things are not right, and I don't believe it is something a few wins will put right. There seems a total lack of direction, nobody really seems to have a game plan, it is pedestrian, rudderless, unimaginative football and I can't remember a time in our PL era where we have gone nearly a quarter of a season scoring so little (2?) from open play, and the worrying thing is that number actually flatters us.

To bring in Tabanou and Eder and refuse to use them is baffling at best and a frivolous waste of much needed funds at worst. To not address the imbalance of the side (noted by many as far back as Watford away) is either shockingly stubborn or complete blindness to obvious pitfalls in the set up. All is not well, of that I am sure, and just like the end Laudrups tenure - for me, it is thanks for last year but we must move on.

We need our core principles restored just like Huw famously once stated, I agreed then and I suggest the same now.
Wanting a change of management... on 11:17 - Nov 8 with 1778 viewsJackfath

Wanting a change of management... on 11:15 - Nov 8 by Nookiejack

I hope you are wrong but fear you are right. It comes down to the quality of your players and Gomis and Eder are not PL level strikers. I have hope for Tabanou I think he does have potential.

At the beginning of the season there were statements that club now has two players competing for each position. Yet the team seems virtually unchanged each week - even though having consistently poor results.

Naughton yesterday was our sole right wing attacker?

What makes me rant so much over last 24 hours is conceding such a soft goal when we at the moment don't create anything. Don't ever under estimate the draw. Would have kept points differential between us and Norwich. Not now.

You think Tabanou has potential. What is that based on? Eder is not a PL striker based on what evidence?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Wanting a change of management... on 11:33 - Nov 8 with 1743 viewsLeonisGod

You lost it at "proactively looks for solutions" imo. As if you (or any others in this camp you describe) are in a position to make staffing decisions about those in the club.

Edit - or know the reasons behind why players like Tabanou and Eder are not playing.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2015 11:54]
Wanting a change of management... on 11:37 - Nov 8 with 1732 viewsPrivate_Partz

Wanting a change of management... on 10:07 - Nov 8 by jackal

At what point do we change the manager?
We haven't played well since August. We have great players who aren't performing. There are problems all over the pitch.
Monk's substitutions are baffling. There is no confidence to be seen and the fans are turning.
Do we wait and hope for the best or act now?

I think it is too soon. We are 5 points clear of the drop zone with a much better goal difference than most. We are not being overrun and our squad is under performing at the moment. On its day it I surely good enough to comfortably avoid the drop.
The worry for me is Gary is not squad rotating (15 players used so far in non cup games) plus he is not varying his tactics ( virtually the same team and substitutions for Norwich away as Arsenal home). Another worry for me is his sudden decision to dispense with a Leon or Corky type player that has served us so well in the past by providing stability in midfield and allowing freedom for our creative players.
If he does not address these issues soon then the knives will be out I have no doubt. I don't feel we are at that stage.... Yet.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Wanting a change of management... on 11:42 - Nov 8 with 1713 viewsNookiejack

Wanting a change of management... on 11:17 - Nov 8 by Jackfath

You think Tabanou has potential. What is that based on? Eder is not a PL striker based on what evidence?

Tabanou showed potential in home friendly v Deportiva and also looked promising v Hull away (did cramp up though - which meant we couldn't bring on another attacker when chasing game).

Eder - on the basis that Monk will not start him. His scoring record doesn't look that good either 38 goals in 143 games in Portugal - which is lower level than PL.

Also 1 goal in 21 international appearances. (Granted he probably comes on in dying minutes for Portugal like he does for us).
Wanting a change of management... on 11:50 - Nov 8 with 1691 viewsA_Fans_Dad

A good post by the OP summing it up well and some good additional comments, especially from Dewi1jack.
Wanting a change of management... on 12:40 - Nov 8 with 1621 viewsStarsky

Wanting a change of management... on 09:38 - Nov 8 by SgorioFruit

Too bloody right

40 points still aiming too low Starsky flowercup?

Ah... You want to be proved right!
See what I mean?

It's just the internet, init.

Wanting a change of management... on 12:46 - Nov 8 with 1610 viewsSgorioFruit

I want the truth,

You cant handle the truth,

I swear on the bible itself that 40 points is very important to us. Very important.
That is something i feel is very important for this club.
Very important.

40 point please Sir Starsky of Starskville,

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Wanting a change of management... on 13:38 - Nov 8 with 1551 viewsStarsky

Wanting a change of management... on 12:46 - Nov 8 by SgorioFruit

I want the truth,

I swear on the bible itself that 40 points is very important to us. Very important.
Very important.

Of corse it's important but it shouldn't be the epitome of your ambitions.
Where's the fun in just surviving. I couldn't give 2 fecks about sky money.
Football fan see, not an accountant.

Login to get fewer ads

Wanting a change of management... on 13:40 - Nov 8 with 1547 viewsBloodyhills

I have supported Monk and trusted him to be able to turn things around for the better, just as he did last season, but for me the final straw was Gary stating that just one lapse cost us the game when it was the entire 93 minutes of ponderous thinking and playing that cost us and we have been ponderous for some time. If Gary can't see there are more problems than momentary lapses of concentration at the back then how can he fix these problems. It would be a shame to lose our Prem status now but if things don't change quickly this could well happen. The one 'silver lining' as that there are at least three teams worse than us on form but this saving grace is a thin fragile thread to hand on to.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Wanting a change of management... on 13:41 - Nov 8 with 1546 viewsNeath_Jack

Wanting a change of management... on 12:46 - Nov 8 by SgorioFruit

I want the truth,

Very important.

Why are you, a Newport County fan, so bothered about our club? I'd have thought your shitheap of a club would be further up your concerned list?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Wanting a change of management... on 13:44 - Nov 8 with 1537 viewsStarsky

Wanting a change of management... on 13:41 - Nov 8 by Neath_Jack

Why are you, a Newport County fan, so bothered about our club? I'd have thought your shitheap of a club would be further up your concerned list?

He's a Merthyr fan NJ

Wanting a change of management... on 13:46 - Nov 8 with 1533 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Wanting a change of management... on 13:38 - Nov 8 by Starsky

Of corse it's important but it shouldn't be the epitome of your ambitions.
Where's the fun in just surviving. I couldn't give 2 fecks about sky money.
Football fan see, not an accountant.

Exactly - all this talk about sky money shouldn't take over what we watch football for (or what I watch it for

Although we support our team blindly when they are playing I for one would much rather watch us play attacking entertaining football even if we lost a few gamess and even if we went down a league.

For me personally there is no point in staying in this league if we are just going to turn into everyone else hoping our better players do us something to win the game. We've been about so much more than that over the years with the team being greater than the sum of its parts.

Hope Garry turns things around soon as was hoping for good things after the way we went at Chelsea in game 1 - if not I think we could do far worse than going back to Brendan.

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Wanting a change of management... on 13:47 - Nov 8 with 1533 viewsNeath_Jack

Wanting a change of management... on 13:44 - Nov 8 by Starsky

He's a Merthyr fan NJ

He's a f*cking odd ball that's what he is.

He was on Twitter, two weeks ago stating that he was a Newport fan living in (I think) Ammanford.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Wanting a change of management... on 13:55 - Nov 8 with 1511 viewsStarsky

Wanting a change of management... on 13:46 - Nov 8 by PatchesOHoulihan

Exactly - all this talk about sky money shouldn't take over what we watch football for (or what I watch it for

Although we support our team blindly when they are playing I for one would much rather watch us play attacking entertaining football even if we lost a few gamess and even if we went down a league.

For me personally there is no point in staying in this league if we are just going to turn into everyone else hoping our better players do us something to win the game. We've been about so much more than that over the years with the team being greater than the sum of its parts.

Hope Garry turns things around soon as was hoping for good things after the way we went at Chelsea in game 1 - if not I think we could do far worse than going back to Brendan.

Yep...
Although, it has to be said... We've invested the money in some fantastic facilities that wouldn't be possible without Sky money.
However, because the wage bill has now caught up with us, the extra sky money all the teams are getting isn't going to make a jot of difference because the players agents are earmarking it all for themselves and their clients.
And of course, most of the Premier clubs are dull enough to give it to them.

Wanting a change of management... on 13:57 - Nov 8 with 1508 viewsDarran

Wanting a change of management... on 13:47 - Nov 8 by Neath_Jack

He was on Twitter, two weeks ago stating that he was a Newport fan living in (I think) Ammanford.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Wanting a change of management... on 14:02 - Nov 8 with 1431 viewsmonmouth

Wanting a change of management... on 13:47 - Nov 8 by Neath_Jack

A Scorio Fruitcake?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Wanting a change of management... on 14:10 - Nov 8 with 1397 viewsskippyjack

You can't sack a manager who has played against Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd, Spurs, Everton and Southampton away in 12 games.. especially when he's 5 points above the relegation zone.. with Bournemouth up next at the Liberty.. it'll be a stupid call on that basis.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Wanting a change of management... on 14:24 - Nov 8 with 1364 viewsAyewSerious

Wanting a change of management... on 08:22 - Nov 8 by Jackfath

One that actively looks for solutions. I have read continually over the last few weeks;

Dyer is the answer.
Tabanou is better than the incumbent.
Eder is better than Gomis.

Now whilst having these players involved more frequently may help the situation to state that things will be ok when their are all involved is nonsense. In times of need people always look for an answer. I think they may be clutching at straws if the above are the answers to out current situation.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2015 8:43]

I don't think anybody actually thinks we are where we are due to Dyer being at Leicester, Tabanou not playing and the same with Eder. But like you say, people are suggesting these things as short term solutions, which they believe will help the side out of our slump. Its just opinions and I always welcome them.

For me, however, a slump suggests a temporary loss of form where things just don't go right for you in that period. I don't think you could describe this as a slump, as I don't see any logical way that we will suddenly start winning and playing well using tactics that simply cannot (and clearly do not) work. Stubbornly persisting with them is the greatest concern.

Swansea are at their very best when we press the opposition, rush them into making mistakes, win the ball back and stretch them with width, tempo and quick clever passing. That seems like something we do not "want" to do now rather than something we are just not doing particularly well at the moment. I think a lot of the players see this too and they are looking very much like players losing faith.

That is why I think we need a new managerial approach. I trust Huw will very much be looking at his options currently and I am sure he will make the correct decision for the club regardless of sentimentality.
Wanting a change of management... on 14:44 - Nov 8 with 1334 viewsskippyjack

Wanting a change of management... on 14:24 - Nov 8 by AyewSerious

I don't think anybody actually thinks we are where we are due to Dyer being at Leicester, Tabanou not playing and the same with Eder. But like you say, people are suggesting these things as short term solutions, which they believe will help the side out of our slump. Its just opinions and I always welcome them.

For me, however, a slump suggests a temporary loss of form where things just don't go right for you in that period. I don't think you could describe this as a slump, as I don't see any logical way that we will suddenly start winning and playing well using tactics that simply cannot (and clearly do not) work. Stubbornly persisting with them is the greatest concern.

Swansea are at their very best when we press the opposition, rush them into making mistakes, win the ball back and stretch them with width, tempo and quick clever passing. That seems like something we do not "want" to do now rather than something we are just not doing particularly well at the moment. I think a lot of the players see this too and they are looking very much like players losing faith.

That is why I think we need a new managerial approach. I trust Huw will very much be looking at his options currently and I am sure he will make the correct decision for the club regardless of sentimentality.

"Swansea are at their very best when we press the opposition, rush them into making mistakes, win the ball back and stretch them with width, tempo and quick clever passing. That seems like something we do not "want" to do now rather than something we are just not doing particularly well at the moment. I think a lot of the players see this too and they are looking very much like players losing faith"

Ayew and Gomis are not the type to press the opposition.. and our width is lost due to Ayew being our main threat. Monk needs a solution to incorporate width.. Rangel and Tabanou as wingbacks

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Wanting a change of management... on 15:00 - Nov 8 with 1308 viewsbuilthjack

Wanting a change of management... on 11:17 - Nov 8 by Darran

Exactly,get rid of Tremmell and we'll be fine.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2015 11:26]

I think he is on absolutely peanuts, if anything,but it gives him the chance to do his coaching badges through the FAW, and step in in an emergency keeper.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wanting a change of management... on 15:08 - Nov 8 with 1285 viewsAyewSerious

Wanting a change of management... on 14:44 - Nov 8 by skippyjack

"Swansea are at their very best when we press the opposition, rush them into making mistakes, win the ball back and stretch them with width, tempo and quick clever passing. That seems like something we do not "want" to do now rather than something we are just not doing particularly well at the moment. I think a lot of the players see this too and they are looking very much like players losing faith"

Ayew and Gomis are not the type to press the opposition.. and our width is lost due to Ayew being our main threat. Monk needs a solution to incorporate width.. Rangel and Tabanou as wingbacks

I agree with you, it is very much square pegs in round holes. Unfortunately it is Garry that bought those square pegs at eye wateringly high wages. Surely the due dilligence on these players should have pointed to them not being Swansea type players regardless of obvious (Ayew) talent.
Wanting a change of management... on 15:11 - Nov 8 with 1274 viewsperchrockjack

Villa seem re energised under a new manager, funny innit

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Wanting a change of management... on 15:12 - Nov 8 with 1269 viewsJackfath

Wanting a change of management... on 15:11 - Nov 8 by perchrockjack

Villa seem re energised under a new manager, funny innit

He's played Ayew up front. Is that the answer?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Wanting a change of management... on 15:14 - Nov 8 with 1262 viewsperchrockjack

The new villa manager?

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Wanting a change of management... on 15:15 - Nov 8 with 1256 viewsJackfath

Wanting a change of management... on 15:14 - Nov 8 by perchrockjack

The new villa manager?

Now isn't the time to be obtuse.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024