Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wanting a change of management... 02:43 - Nov 8 with 11328 viewsAyewSerious

After a long journey back to my home, a quick read of the board tells me that this is now trendily seen as "pressing the panic button" and only the people "mildly concerned" are capable of thinking rationally? That about right?

Rubbish, in my opinion. As soon as things go wrong you have the two camps forming online without fail. One that pro actively looks for solutions and another that revels in telling these people they are red button pushing idiots. Ive seen it time and time again to the point of nauseating tedium, they are usually the ones not wanting to form a solid opinion for fear of looking silly later down the line.

These same camps appeared around the time Laudrup needed replacing, however the "rational mildly concerned" quickly filtered into the "the board did the right thing" camp and went largely unnoticed. Im sure the same will happen again this time.

The fact is, Garry is not making rational decisions and has not responded well to pressure at all. Football is becoming more and more a game of short term and in my opinion the time has come again to hand over the baton. That takes nothing away from his achievements last year, or indeed Laudrups the year before he went - but the team is not being led in the direction that is right for Swansea City, just as it was not back then.

I don't believe I am panicking or pressing any imaginary button. Things are not right, and I don't believe it is something a few wins will put right. There seems a total lack of direction, nobody really seems to have a game plan, it is pedestrian, rudderless, unimaginative football and I can't remember a time in our PL era where we have gone nearly a quarter of a season scoring so little (2?) from open play, and the worrying thing is that number actually flatters us.

To bring in Tabanou and Eder and refuse to use them is baffling at best and a frivolous waste of much needed funds at worst. To not address the imbalance of the side (noted by many as far back as Watford away) is either shockingly stubborn or complete blindness to obvious pitfalls in the set up. All is not well, of that I am sure, and just like the end Laudrups tenure - for me, it is thanks for last year but we must move on.

We need our core principles restored just like Huw famously once stated, I agreed then and I suggest the same now.
Wanting a change of management... on 22:22 - Nov 8 with 1150 viewsDewi1jack

Wanting a change of management... on 21:29 - Nov 8 by skippyjack

Because they're as dense as you are.. people who use 'can't educate pork'.. are idiots

If you'd put as much effort into your work life (do you have one yet or are you still whining for someone to give you a chance?) or into your education as you've put into your totally pointless argument, that actually proves you wrong, you'd be rivalling the company of Page and Brin.

If you think your duff research proves your point,then match the stats equally, eg the teams we have played 9 times each
Our 3rd highest win average is against Arsenal, 6th United
And far higher than those of comparable teams around us.

If you had the slightest idea of trying to prove an argument beyond reasonable doubt, you'd understand the need for matching stats equally if you're trying to prove said argument.
Even if you were trying to "baffle with bullsh1t", you'd have manipulated the stats to suit your argument a bit better.
I s'pose we could possibly teach you to say "do you want fries with that."
After all, if you give a thousand monkeys a thousand typewriters, then given enough time...

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Wanting a change of management... on 22:27 - Nov 8 with 1139 viewsMillJack

Wanting a change of management... on 14:24 - Nov 8 by AyewSerious

I don't think anybody actually thinks we are where we are due to Dyer being at Leicester, Tabanou not playing and the same with Eder. But like you say, people are suggesting these things as short term solutions, which they believe will help the side out of our slump. Its just opinions and I always welcome them.

For me, however, a slump suggests a temporary loss of form where things just don't go right for you in that period. I don't think you could describe this as a slump, as I don't see any logical way that we will suddenly start winning and playing well using tactics that simply cannot (and clearly do not) work. Stubbornly persisting with them is the greatest concern.

Swansea are at their very best when we press the opposition, rush them into making mistakes, win the ball back and stretch them with width, tempo and quick clever passing. That seems like something we do not "want" to do now rather than something we are just not doing particularly well at the moment. I think a lot of the players see this too and they are looking very much like players losing faith.

That is why I think we need a new managerial approach. I trust Huw will very much be looking at his options currently and I am sure he will make the correct decision for the club regardless of sentimentality.

That's a great post, following the superb op by the way.

One of the many reasons we used to be able to punch above our weight, was our ability to press teams high up the pitch and cause them problems. There is now very little pressure on the opposition until they pass the halfway line which means that, when we do win it back, we've got to attack the vast majority of the pitch. Couple this with the fact that it then takes us 30 seconds to get past the halfway line and, all of a sudden, we're having to break down 11 men as opposed to a back 4 or 6 as was the case when we were winning the ball back in the opposition half,

Honestly, I have the same feeling about watching us now as I did during Sousa's reign. I am genuinely not looking forward to games at the moment as I have no expectations of being entertained. If pushed at the moment I would probably slightly favour changing the manager, although I have to admit that I'm not 100% sure. However Laudrup was sacked for an "erosion of our footballing principles", principles that I haven't seen in our game for the large, large majority of this season and for much of the second half of last season to tell you the truth.
Wanting a change of management... on 22:44 - Nov 8 with 1121 viewsblaine_scfc

Mirror and Sun reporting that Monk is set for the sack. Papers in question are the Mirror and Sun so not the most reputable of sources.
Wanting a change of management... on 00:27 - Nov 9 with 1037 viewsGh0st

Wanting a change of management... on 09:41 - Nov 8 by Neath_Jack

We should bring Chico back, he'll save us.

Chico and Amat are better than Fernandez
Wanting a change of management... on 00:33 - Nov 9 with 1026 viewsswan65split

Wanting a change of management... on 00:27 - Nov 9 by Gh0st

Chico and Amat are better than Fernandez

Quote from above.......EXACTLY....."However Laudrup was sacked for an "erosion of our footballing principles", principles that I haven't seen in our game for the large, large majority of this season and for much of the second half of last season to tell you the truth."
Wanting a change of management... on 00:34 - Nov 9 with 1021 viewsswan65split

Wanting a change of management... on 00:33 - Nov 9 by swan65split

Quote from above.......EXACTLY....."However Laudrup was sacked for an "erosion of our footballing principles", principles that I haven't seen in our game for the large, large majority of this season and for much of the second half of last season to tell you the truth."

DOH wrong reply!!!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024