Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic 12:17 - Jan 4 with 53695 viewsexiledclaseboy

Apparently. Cue a few days of outraged reaction until Oldham change their mind.

Poll: Tory leader

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 17:22 - Jan 5 with 1891 viewsDarran

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 17:16 - Jan 5 by waynekerr55

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3Z9f5GAL35ctKSLKs8jsV9ZNj9sSB2HRa9GvaK

Why? Just why?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 17:31 - Jan 5 with 1877 viewsjackonicko

#gogethimhuw
Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 17:39 - Jan 5 with 1861 viewslondonlisa2001

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 17:22 - Jan 5 by Darran

Why? Just why?

I a not going to comment on this whole affair any more as I think I made more than enough points last time round.

However, if the US investors wish to take this prat away from our club then good luck to them.

Shame on him. Shame for commenting on something he probably knows the square root of bog all about, shame on him for yet again putting his own personal desire to see his name in the press / social media above the name of this club, and shame on him for seemingly yet again failing to check what is and is not acceptable for him to discuss in his position.

I would hope that someone, somewhere, says enough is enough.
Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 17:40 - Jan 5 with 1859 viewsStarsky

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 17:22 - Jan 5 by Darran

Why? Just why?

That just about fecks it up for our club preaching to our own players to be responsible on Twitter.
What a fecking sledge he is.

It's just the internet, init.

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 17:45 - Jan 5 with 1847 viewsDarran

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 17:40 - Jan 5 by Starsky

That just about fecks it up for our club preaching to our own players to be responsible on Twitter.
What a fecking sledge he is.

I agree with you and Lisa,bang out of order and no need for it.

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 17:52 - Jan 5 with 1794 viewsStarsky

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 17:45 - Jan 5 by Darran

Another way of looking at this Twitter posting , if he persists on this topic is potential alienation of Swans fans and Swans sponsors too.

It's just the internet, init.

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 18:01 - Jan 5 with 1777 viewslondonlisa2001

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 17:52 - Jan 5 by Starsky

Another way of looking at this Twitter posting , if he persists on this topic is potential alienation of Swans fans and Swans sponsors too.

Irrespective of people's position on the wider issue, there are many people in this country that would lose their job if they did this on social media for exactly those reasons (substitute 'fan' with 'customer' and imagine what would happen if a director of M&S or John Lewis or Sainsbury or similar did this).
Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 18:02 - Jan 5 with 1775 viewsC_jack

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 17:45 - Jan 5 by Darran

Bang out of order for what? posting his opinion?

Isn't that what every other bugger has done?
[Post edited 5 Jan 2015 18:02]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Login to get fewer ads

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 18:05 - Jan 5 with 1758 viewsDarran

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 18:02 - Jan 5 by C_jack

Yes as a director of the football club he'd be better saying nowt.
You are aware of furore over this subject yeah?

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 18:06 - Jan 5 with 1752 viewslondonlisa2001

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 18:02 - Jan 5 by C_jack

He posted it on a twitter account that clearly states 'Swansea City Director' so his opinion has to be tempered with that in mind and needs to avoid utterly pointless and stupid controversy.

There may be more likelihood of him having an informed view of the case if he was able to spell 'Evans' correctly.
Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 18:07 - Jan 5 with 1750 viewsC_jack

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 18:05 - Jan 5 by Darran

Yes as a director of the football club he'd be better saying nowt.
You are aware of furore over this subject yeah?

Is that not his personal account then? if he doesn't make that clear enough for the morally outraged, then that's the only issue.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 18:08 - Jan 5 with 1741 viewsParlay

Don't see an issue with it myself.

he is stating a personal opinion which is the opinion that is upheld by the law of the land. people returning from prison can work again in whatever field they are permitted to do so. Football does not have any off limit exceptions as far as I am aware.

He is not saying he agrees with what the boy did (or didn't) do, he is saying after prison then people deserve a second chance at life. That is what our prison system is all about, to be outraged about that is to be outraged at our countries policy in which JVZ really isn't the person to be having a go at, its David Cameron.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 18:10 - Jan 5 with 1725 viewsDarran

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 18:07 - Jan 5 by C_jack

Is that not his personal account then? if he doesn't make that clear enough for the morally outraged, then that's the only issue.

As a director of the club he should be more careful what he's commemting on especially when he doesn't need to.

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 18:39 - Jan 5 with 1676 viewslondonlisa2001

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 18:08 - Jan 5 by Parlay

Don't see an issue with it myself.

he is stating a personal opinion which is the opinion that is upheld by the law of the land. people returning from prison can work again in whatever field they are permitted to do so. Football does not have any off limit exceptions as far as I am aware.

He is not saying he agrees with what the boy did (or didn't) do, he is saying after prison then people deserve a second chance at life. That is what our prison system is all about, to be outraged about that is to be outraged at our countries policy in which JVZ really isn't the person to be having a go at, its David Cameron.

People are able to return to work as you say, however, there is (a) no obligation for a company (in this case a club) to take them on and (b) there may be certain public disapproval if a company chooses to do so, which may lead to commercial ramifications (as is seen in this case).

I have never noticed particularly strong support for letting people return to society and get a second chance in the case of peadophiles for example. Nor have I ever seen such a propensity for them being described as 'the boy' or 'the lad' as though they were a naughty 12 year old.

And surely the main point is that it is utterly stupid to comment on a case which is bound to inflame many when there is absolutely no need to do so whatsoever. The only possible outcome is negative.
Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 18:46 - Jan 5 with 1657 viewsParlay

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 18:39 - Jan 5 by londonlisa2001

People are able to return to work as you say, however, there is (a) no obligation for a company (in this case a club) to take them on and (b) there may be certain public disapproval if a company chooses to do so, which may lead to commercial ramifications (as is seen in this case).

I have never noticed particularly strong support for letting people return to society and get a second chance in the case of peadophiles for example. Nor have I ever seen such a propensity for them being described as 'the boy' or 'the lad' as though they were a naughty 12 year old.

And surely the main point is that it is utterly stupid to comment on a case which is bound to inflame many when there is absolutely no need to do so whatsoever. The only possible outcome is negative.

paedophiles, murderers, rapists, armed robbers - anyone, once deemed fit to be part of society again, must be allowed to do just that.

Absolutely no obligation for anyone to sign him, don't think anybody has suggested otherwise.

Forum celebrity

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 18:47 - Jan 5 with 1654 viewsmonmouth

Jesus wept.

Whatever views one holds, if ever there was a time for a board member of a football club (never mind a premier league club, never mind a premier league club that is well regarded) to keep his opinions to himself, this is it. I cannot believe that there is anyone that can't see that.

Breathtaking.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 18:48 - Jan 5 with 1650 viewsDarran

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 18:47 - Jan 5 by monmouth

Jesus wept.

Whatever views one holds, if ever there was a time for a board member of a football club (never mind a premier league club, never mind a premier league club that is well regarded) to keep his opinions to himself, this is it. I cannot believe that there is anyone that can't see that.

Breathtaking.

Exactly.

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 18:54 - Jan 5 with 1627 viewsParlay

Jesus wept.

Breathtaking.

Not for me, its his personal account and can say what he likes. He isn't saying anything illegal or against the laws of the land we all live by, he is in fact agreeing with them.

EVERYBODY upon release is entitled to a second chance, everybody. Maybe the UK will lose international shipping contracts for holding that stance too then... however every civilised nation also holds that stance.

get your rain macs folks, there is a storm in a tea cup on the horizon.

Forum celebrity

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 19:02 - Jan 5 with 1604 viewsShaky

You missed a trick Darren failing to launch a poll for PS old woman whinger of the year. Would have been an extremely strong field for that contest.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 19:04 - Jan 5 with 1602 viewsDarran

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 19:02 - Jan 5 by Shaky

You missed a trick Darren failing to launch a poll for PS old woman whinger of the year. Would have been an extremely strong field for that contest.

Yeah you'd have walked it.

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 19:11 - Jan 5 with 1578 viewsBobJack

Jesus wept.

Breathtaking.

Is VAN Sweden a director who wants out of Swans ?

Does he see this as a way to speed exit ?

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 19:28 - Jan 5 with 1543 viewsLohengrin

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 19:11 - Jan 5 by BobJack

Is VAN Sweden a director who wants out of Swans ?

Does he see this as a way to speed exit ?

He may know Ched Evans personally?

I have to say I'm quite surprised at the way this furore over Ched Evans seems to be gathering momentum rather than the outcry having run its course. It's like some latter day witch hysteria surrounding the twenty-something footballer. I'd say the price he's paid already must surely far outweigh any yielded by anybody else covicted under similar circumstances.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 19:34 - Jan 5 with 1527 viewsLohengrin

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 17:39 - Jan 5 by londonlisa2001

I a not going to comment on this whole affair any more as I think I made more than enough points last time round.

However, if the US investors wish to take this prat away from our club then good luck to them.

Shame on him. Shame for commenting on something he probably knows the square root of bog all about, shame on him for yet again putting his own personal desire to see his name in the press / social media above the name of this club, and shame on him for seemingly yet again failing to check what is and is not acceptable for him to discuss in his position.

I would hope that someone, somewhere, says enough is enough.

Do we really want to go down the road of censoring an individuals right to express an opinion? If John, or any of the other Directors for that matter, feel the need to speak up on a subject completely unrelated to the club or the fuction they perform here then is it really any of our business?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 19:36 - Jan 5 with 1519 viewsDaggyjack

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 16:50 - Jan 4 by Shaky

I don't want to reopen old wounds but my position is this: First of all I don't believe the case was proved beyond reasonable doubt and think there is a relatively high probability the conviction will now be overturned.

Secondly, even accepting the premise of events that convicted Evans, this is a relatively mild case of rape on the spectrum for example without any suggestion of violence whatsoever. Arguing that all instances of rape are equally serious is like saying stealing an apple from the greengrocers is the same as the Brink's-Matt Security heist.

Finally saying that because he couldn't work if he were employed in certain other professions is totally irrelevant, m'lud.

"Mild case of rape" - What a stupid comment.

At the moment, the guy is a convicted rapist and until proved otherwise, he should not be allowed to play for Oldham or any other professional club.

Wrong on so many levels.
Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 19:50 - Jan 5 with 1507 viewslondonlisa2001

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 19:34 - Jan 5 by Lohengrin

Do we really want to go down the road of censoring an individuals right to express an opinion? If John, or any of the other Directors for that matter, feel the need to speak up on a subject completely unrelated to the club or the fuction they perform here then is it really any of our business?

not as a matter of course, no. But it is our business to the extent that his twitter account declares him to be a director of Swansea City FC and to the extent that it reflects on the club.

There are loads of things that I'm sure people in positions of some responsibility would like to say on any number of topics, but those with an ounce of sense keep quiet if there is only a downside.

If, as you said, he knew him then I can imagine that he would feel it difficult to keep his trap shut, but the fact that he can't spell his name suggests that unlikely.

It's just asking for trouble for no reason in my view.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024