Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic 12:17 - Jan 4 with 53810 viewsexiledclaseboy

Apparently. Cue a few days of outraged reaction until Oldham change their mind.

Poll: Tory leader

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 00:09 - Jan 7 with 2217 viewsC_jack

WTF has this got to do with the Prime Minister, 'kin ell

Hasn't he got an election to lose?

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 00:27 - Jan 7 with 2198 viewsskippyjack

He should play.. He was unfortunate to get jail time.. But as my other opinions on the matter.. Why does he get an easy ride?.. It's like coming out of jail and winning the lottery.. He's skilled though I guess.. I didn't get the opportunity to learn skills fairly though.. That's life in the UK I guess.. Different rules.. Or money rules.. What a dump this country has become.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 00:32 - Jan 7 with 2194 viewsParlay

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 00:09 - Jan 7 by C_jack

WTF has this got to do with the Prime Minister, 'kin ell

Hasn't he got an election to lose?

Peoples right to work after prison is a parliament issue, not a footballing one.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 00:37 - Jan 7 with 2191 viewsC_jack

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 00:32 - Jan 7 by Parlay

Peoples right to work after prison is a parliament issue, not a footballing one.

Does he comment every time a prisoner is released then?

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 00:38 - Jan 7 with 2191 viewsParlay

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 22:29 - Jan 6 by reddythered

Define a "typical rape case". All cases are different.

You're missing the point - they both claimed Evans received consent. They differ on who asked for that consent. If they cannot agree on who asked then how can the overall statements be considered to be accurate? You can't separate parts A and B in that case.

typical in terms of what the connotations of what rape are, I explained that already.

I think you are missing the point actually. both say he received consent but both think they asked the question instead of the other in their drunken haze, that doesn't mean he must have raped her. listen to what you are saying.

If I say in 1999 I drove on holiday to Spain and my Mrs says we flew actually.... does that mean we actually went to France? no.

Nobody accused him of rape. everyone who can remember say he got consent, the only thing is who asked the question. Either way you cannot prove he raped her. It all stinks a little lets be fair.

Forum celebrity

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 06:59 - Jan 7 with 2124 viewsNOTRAC

Here is an interesting list of well known footballers who have been accused of rape and were never prosecuted.
Christiano Ronaldo
Paul Dickens
Frank Sinclair
Keith Gillespie
Jodie Morris
Robin Van Persie
On the assumption that all the above were innocent, because the police decided not to prosecute any of them,it does appear that a footballer is more likely to be wrongly accused of rape than most.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 08:19 - Jan 7 with 2099 viewsreddythered

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 06:59 - Jan 7 by NOTRAC

Here is an interesting list of well known footballers who have been accused of rape and were never prosecuted.
Christiano Ronaldo
Paul Dickens
Frank Sinclair
Keith Gillespie
Jodie Morris
Robin Van Persie
On the assumption that all the above were innocent, because the police decided not to prosecute any of them,it does appear that a footballer is more likely to be wrongly accused of rape than most.

And as Operation Yewtree has shown, people making claims against celebs weren't believed.

Rape cases going to court have a very low conviction rate. Would you thus assume the vast majority of women thus make false accusations?

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 08:25 - Jan 7 with 2093 viewsreddythered

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 00:38 - Jan 7 by Parlay

typical in terms of what the connotations of what rape are, I explained that already.

I think you are missing the point actually. both say he received consent but both think they asked the question instead of the other in their drunken haze, that doesn't mean he must have raped her. listen to what you are saying.

If I say in 1999 I drove on holiday to Spain and my Mrs says we flew actually.... does that mean we actually went to France? no.

Nobody accused him of rape. everyone who can remember say he got consent, the only thing is who asked the question. Either way you cannot prove he raped her. It all stinks a little lets be fair.

Difficult to listen to what I'm writing tbh.

You seem to act as if X means Y. X is only part of the case. The players recollections of the consent differed. The way Evans gained access to the room. Evans actions afterwards, leaving via the fire escape. All evidence pointing to a conclusion reached by the jury.

The Evans family actions afterwards have been desparation acts to allow Evans to make money for them. Claim tweets show the victim to be a money grabber when they do no such thing - and given the Evans family claim the tweets were hacked, they wouldn't be admissable in court anyway...naming the victim. Scummy family really.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Login to get fewer ads

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 09:17 - Jan 7 with 2054 viewsStarsky

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 21:20 - Jan 6 by londonlisa2001

that's not the same thing at all though is it.

It's not the same thing indeed.
However, you can see why Parlay has taken his stance with Ched Evans.
After his Liverpool experience, he thinks all intoxicated girls are asking for it.
You must have had a mild scare there, Parlay.

It's just the internet, init.

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 10:19 - Jan 7 with 2012 viewsBloodyhills

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 16:50 - Jan 4 by Shaky

I don't want to reopen old wounds but my position is this: First of all I don't believe the case was proved beyond reasonable doubt and think there is a relatively high probability the conviction will now be overturned.

Secondly, even accepting the premise of events that convicted Evans, this is a relatively mild case of rape on the spectrum for example without any suggestion of violence whatsoever. Arguing that all instances of rape are equally serious is like saying stealing an apple from the greengrocers is the same as the Brink's-Matt Security heist.

Finally saying that because he couldn't work if he were employed in certain other professions is totally irrelevant, m'lud.

'MIld Rape' are you serious?

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 10:24 - Jan 7 with 2005 viewsJoe_bradshaw

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2900150/Rapist-footballer-Ched-Evans-han

Mail reporting that Evans will sign a deal with Oldham tomorrow.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 12:18 - Jan 7 with 1934 viewsQuakerJack

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 10:24 - Jan 7 by Joe_bradshaw

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2900150/Rapist-footballer-Ched-Evans-han

Mail reporting that Evans will sign a deal with Oldham tomorrow.

and his missus' family are offering to cover any sponsorship losses:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/ched-evans-girlfriends-family-offer

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 12:25 - Jan 7 with 1908 viewsdameedna

Christiano Ronaldo
Paul Dickens
Frank Sinclair
Keith Gillespie
Jodie Morris
Robin Van Persie

kevin/steve moran(?) i think of southampton, got stick all game a while back
fact is money, cars and access to hotels, pretty much a concoction of attraction for many and a lifestyle most would dream of
sometimes without the brains to manage it well
dyer lost his marbles in his early 20s with the lads and could have been inside were he not a professional footballer
Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 13:18 - Jan 7 with 1847 viewsUxbridge

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 12:25 - Jan 7 by dameedna

kevin/steve moran(?) i think of southampton, got stick all game a while back
fact is money, cars and access to hotels, pretty much a concoction of attraction for many and a lifestyle most would dream of
sometimes without the brains to manage it well
dyer lost his marbles in his early 20s with the lads and could have been inside were he not a professional footballer

Blimey. I'm not sure to start with the comparison of petty theft with rape, or the insinuation that footballers couldn't possibly rape women.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 13:22 - Jan 7 with 1834 viewsUxbridge

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 21:48 - Jan 6 by londonlisa2001

she didn't remember to consenting to either of them.

She said throughout that she couldn't remember anything. So your 'facts' seem to again be wrong.

I do struggle with this bit though, and I say this as someone who's not read the case in any great detail.

There seems to be the presumption that a woman has to give verbal (and no doubt written at some point in the future) consent, however there's no presumption for the man needing to give consent. That does seem rather contradictory.

Rape's an abhorrent crime but it's not exclusively in one direction. Appreciate that's little to do with this case in particular, but there's an element of Parley's earlier comments on this that leaves pretty much every drunken one night stand open to interpretation.

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 13:28 - Jan 7 with 1825 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Christiano Ronaldo
Paul Dickens
Frank Sinclair
Keith Gillespie
Jodie Morris
Robin Van Persie

And, of course, Lee Trundle.

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 13:31 - Jan 7 with 1815 viewsUxbridge

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 13:28 - Jan 7 by Joe_bradshaw

And, of course, Lee Trundle.

Someone will have to explain to me the logic of how a handful of footballers being accused of rape means they are statistically more likely to be accused of rape.

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 13:37 - Jan 7 with 1791 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 13:31 - Jan 7 by Uxbridge

Someone will have to explain to me the logic of how a handful of footballers being accused of rape means they are statistically more likely to be accused of rape.

I don't think there is any. I merely added the most obvious (to me) name to the list.

Without knowing how many non footballers have been accused but not prosecuted it's impossible to say but we do know that rape has a very low conviction rate due to its very nature - there are normally only two witnesses with opposing accounts of events.

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 13:44 - Jan 7 with 1758 viewsApeShit

Reading this thread, its obvious Parlay has never had any contact with women in the real world.
Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 13:53 - Jan 7 with 1736 viewsJackfath

Like many other crimes, women are free to accuse men of the most heinous of crimes which are completely fabricated. This can be to ruin the man or to get their faces and names into the media.

I'd like to see women who accuse men of such crimes and found to be making it all up prosecuted themselves. One huge drawback to this as ECB will point out to me later when he gets back from shuffling papers for the day.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 13:59 - Jan 7 with 1714 viewsUxbridge

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 13:37 - Jan 7 by Joe_bradshaw

I don't think there is any. I merely added the most obvious (to me) name to the list.

Without knowing how many non footballers have been accused but not prosecuted it's impossible to say but we do know that rape has a very low conviction rate due to its very nature - there are normally only two witnesses with opposing accounts of events.

That is very true of course. It's been this undercurrent that the accusing women are golddiggers and that as footballers could get any woman they want they don't need to rape anyone that's depressed me somewhat. So flawed in every aspect.

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 13:59 - Jan 7 with 1714 viewsParlay

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 00:37 - Jan 7 by C_jack

Does he comment every time a prisoner is released then?

No, thats my point.

This system has been put in place and isnt going to change because of ched evans. Come on now c jack, keep up.

Forum celebrity

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 14:04 - Jan 7 with 1690 viewsParlay

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 08:25 - Jan 7 by reddythered

Difficult to listen to what I'm writing tbh.

You seem to act as if X means Y. X is only part of the case. The players recollections of the consent differed. The way Evans gained access to the room. Evans actions afterwards, leaving via the fire escape. All evidence pointing to a conclusion reached by the jury.

The Evans family actions afterwards have been desparation acts to allow Evans to make money for them. Claim tweets show the victim to be a money grabber when they do no such thing - and given the Evans family claim the tweets were hacked, they wouldn't be admissable in court anyway...naming the victim. Scummy family really.

The players recollections were similar, they were drunk remember. The woman couldnt even remember getting there, does that mean as her story will be hazy she raped ched? No. Evans did not receive a charge for breaking an entering, it was his friends room. Leaving via a fire escape meant he raped her?? Dear god. The amount of windows I've climbed out of due to me not wanting to wake up next to my lady friend I met on a night out would be beyond comprehension... Doesn't mean i raped them.

Forum celebrity

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 14:11 - Jan 7 with 1673 viewsItchySphincter

I think you'll find the insinuation that she cried rape after a feeling of regret is inaccurate. CPS pushed for a prosecution based on the statement given by the footballers after she complained of possibly being spiked. That in itself should speak volumes.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 14:13 - Jan 7 with 1670 viewsParlay

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 14:11 - Jan 7 by ItchySphincter

I think you'll find the insinuation that she cried rape after a feeling of regret is inaccurate. CPS pushed for a prosecution based on the statement given by the footballers after she complained of possibly being spiked. That in itself should speak volumes.

Nobody has claimed that, not sure what you are talking about.

If her drink was spiked. Toxology report would have shown it and neither man would have walked away from jail time and ched certainly would have been sentenced to the minimum possible. So her drink clearly wasn't spiked.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2015 14:16]

Forum celebrity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024