Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
at last 18:39 - May 11 with 8179 viewsmacro

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10441~2769657,00.html
at last on 19:21 - May 11 with 1744 viewsolympicdale

at last on 19:14 - May 11 by SuddenLad

Reading the article again, NO-ONE has actually been 'shown the door'. The loanees have gone back to their employers and were never here to stay anyway, some of those whose contracts have expired are (and always were), free to do as they wish, and the others are either already contracted or have been offered new deals.

Where's the 'radical' clear-out we were promised ?

this is very worrying that no one has been booted out for not wanting to win, not having this willingness to win or desire, who is this player who would 'never wear the dale shirt again' also, it is scary to think we will have the same team next season, we want answers!

Life is a game of fate.

at last on 19:28 - May 11 with 1699 viewsD_Dale

at last on 19:16 - May 11 by Thacks_Rabbits

Is Widdowson under 24?

If so why is he not being offered a contract!!!!!

Widdowson born 29 March 1989.

Barry Murphy, born on 27 July 1978, so he's not going to get any faster.

Maybe the discussions with him delayed the list. Or maybe Coleman has been tryingto move on some of the contracted players he'd rather not have around next season (Jordan? Holness? Twaddle? Grimes? Jones?)

But, whatever the case, the club won't be able to offer much in the form of explanation as comments on individual players who have contracts would be regarded as prejudicial.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
at last on 19:31 - May 11 with 1685 viewsTomRAFC

the released list is an absolute disgrace

thompson, bbm and jorden are all sub-par

jc doesn't seem to rate twaddle and why spend wages on hackney instead of someone proven?

personally i am gald to see grimes kept because personally i feel with the right partner he could become lethal but i am incredibly disappointed after all the bravado from the club for it to be followed with this whimper of a list

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

at last on 19:33 - May 11 with 1673 viewsolympicdale

at last on 19:28 - May 11 by D_Dale

Maybe the discussions with him delayed the list. Or maybe Coleman has been tryingto move on some of the contracted players he'd rather not have around next season (Jordan? Holness? Twaddle? Grimes? Jones?)

But, whatever the case, the club won't be able to offer much in the form of explanation as comments on individual players who have contracts would be regarded as prejudicial.

Those are exactly who id have thought would have been gone, minus Jones. So if he doesnt want them, why not transfer list them, this is a major slap in the face of the fans. These players had no desire to play for him, did not buy into his ethos, yet why are they still there??? something doesnt add up, although I would be very surprised if those 4 were still here come August.

Life is a game of fate.

at last on 19:36 - May 11 with 1661 viewsThacks_Rabbits

at last on 19:28 - May 11 by D_Dale

So if J W is under 24 and wanted by other clubs, offer him the same contract so we will get a fee if he moves on.

What the hell does BBM offer - he is like jones without ability!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

at last on 19:36 - May 11 with 1661 viewsdalenumber2

at last on 19:20 - May 11 by isitme

It would have to be an offer of at least equal terms for us to receive compensation. Perhaps he was on a decent wage and may have accepted it and we were stuck with another player Coleman did not want?

Perhaps he is off to Scunthorpe and we have 'let him go' in a sort of exchange for Lillis, who they have not renewed his contract? Who knows?

Don't forget we are competing in LEAGUE 2 next season - quite a big step down and so the likes of BBM and JT will probably look like reasonably good players in that league. I still think we are going to be ok next season. Happy that Tutte and Kennedy will still be turning out for us.
at last on 19:39 - May 11 with 1641 viewsTomRAFC

we have three quality players for next season

kennedy, tutte and grimes

hopefully coleman can get a decent partner in for grimes

we have no proven wingers, no proven defence at all and no proven goal keeper

very very worrying indeed

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

at last on 19:40 - May 11 with 1639 viewsphomem

Look at it a different way, Thompson offered a deal but off to Barnsley and hackney pay as you play after injury.
Login to get fewer ads

at last on 19:41 - May 11 with 1625 viewsSuddenLad

at last on 19:36 - May 11 by dalenumber2

Don't forget we are competing in LEAGUE 2 next season - quite a big step down and so the likes of BBM and JT will probably look like reasonably good players in that league. I still think we are going to be ok next season. Happy that Tutte and Kennedy will still be turning out for us.

There is NO guarantee that any of the contracted players will be here come August. If the club get bids for (say) Jason Kennedy or Andrew Tutte, they will consider the offers and may well accept. Either or any player could be moved on.

The problem will be replacing them before August.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

at last on 19:48 - May 11 with 1581 viewsinthenet

What a joke ambition my rectum

Rastrickblue

at last on 19:50 - May 11 with 1566 viewsolympicdale

at last on 19:41 - May 11 by SuddenLad

There is NO guarantee that any of the contracted players will be here come August. If the club get bids for (say) Jason Kennedy or Andrew Tutte, they will consider the offers and may well accept. Either or any player could be moved on.

we NEED to keep the likes of JK/Tutte no matter what. I'd be very very surprised if the likes of Twaddle and Jordan are here come August, and the whole back 5 will be new, plus 2 new wingers/CM and a new striker, maybe that is where the overhaul will come into place. Looking at the players under contract id only say JK/Tutte/Jones/Grimes would be possible first teamers next season.

Life is a game of fate.

at last on 19:51 - May 11 with 1564 viewsColDale

Im sure some of the contracted players will still leave.

But with talk of a new deal for BBM, that suggests that he has his four central midfielders for next season. I doubt he's gonna put a deal together for Jonah to leave whilst taking BBM on as 4th central midfielder, and he certainly won't offer BBM a deal whilst taking on another central midfielder.

I doubt that we've offered JT a deal simply to get cash out of Barnsley. He'll be seen as a useful player they could grab on a free, but not worth it if cash is required. If that is the plan, then we've offered him a deal which will at least match his current deal (or he gets a free transfer automatically), and that will be the League One contract he was offered. I think JT can do a job for next season, but until some of the shíte we have contracted disappear, then we are very short of opportunities to rebuild.
at last on 19:52 - May 11 with 1560 viewsTalkingSutty

at last on 19:33 - May 11 by olympicdale

Those are exactly who id have thought would have been gone, minus Jones. So if he doesnt want them, why not transfer list them, this is a major slap in the face of the fans. These players had no desire to play for him, did not buy into his ethos, yet why are they still there??? something doesnt add up, although I would be very surprised if those 4 were still here come August.

So the manager decides to stick with a team of losers and offer new contracts to some who havent even been catching the team. His carping after games about the players attitudes etc appears to have been all wind.

We are left with more or less the same team that proved to everybody that when the going got tough in games they crumbled and threw in the towel. So JC has now revealed his hand and trusted his future at Spotland in more or less the same squad that failed week in week out.

I hope for his sake we hit the ground running with this lot in August because if we dont, the fans will soon turn. This lot have failed once, the fans wont be has patient next time.
at last on 19:53 - May 11 with 1546 viewsboromat

To bring in 6/7 first team players (not squad players) as promised we are going to have a serious wage bill and probably alot of it wasted on players we dont want.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

at last on 19:55 - May 11 with 1524 viewsPRINCE2356

at last on 19:41 - May 11 by SuddenLad

BBM has to be a coaching role i guess, i suspect we will have to find another GK coach now Lucas has gone. The link with the 2 left sided players from Accrington, you could guess Widdowson was a goner.

So if none of the non contracted players sign up here's the probable line up, up to now:

Edwards
Byrne
Holness
Twaddle
Jordan
Jones
Tutte
Jk
Grimes
Gray
Abadaki

That defence looks scary!!
at last on 19:56 - May 11 with 1499 viewsmizfit

glad to see hackney being offered a new deal
full pre season and keep him injury free we could have a great winger on our books next season
also good to see akpro offered a new deal
at last on 19:58 - May 11 with 1483 viewsSuddenLad

at last on 19:56 - May 11 by mizfit

glad to see hackney being offered a new deal
full pre season and keep him injury free we could have a great winger on our books next season
also good to see akpro offered a new deal

Whether JLAA accepts the deal is a different matter.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

at last on 20:04 - May 11 with 1451 viewsD_Dale

at last on 19:36 - May 11 by dalenumber2

I wish I could be as optimistic about L2.

There are some much better supported clubs that Dale will be facing next year. Some of these sides are capable of defeating L1 teams (as a glance at Cup results shows - remember Bradford 1 Dale 0?).

Lengthy visits to the likes of Exeter, Plymouth, Southend, Torquay, Aldershot, etc will not easily provide Dale with 3 points a time. Nor will some shorter journeys - Chesterfield, Rotherham ...

As other posters have noted, there are several big problems to solve - an experienced keeper, a dominant centre back, a creative midfielder, a 15+ goals a season forward (I can't see Grimes or JLAA filling that role), and more besides ...
at last on 20:05 - May 11 with 1447 viewssluggy

funny!

Looking forward to the day Vinnie dies...

at last on 20:10 - May 11 with 1416 viewsolympicdale

at last on 20:04 - May 11 by D_Dale

I wish I could be as optimistic about L2.

There are some much better supported clubs that Dale will be facing next year. Some of these sides are capable of defeating L1 teams (as a glance at Cup results shows - remember Bradford 1 Dale 0?).

Lengthy visits to the likes of Exeter, Plymouth, Southend, Torquay, Aldershot, etc will not easily provide Dale with 3 points a time. Nor will some shorter journeys - Chesterfield, Rotherham ...

As other posters have noted, there are several big problems to solve - an experienced keeper, a dominant centre back, a creative midfielder, a 15+ goals a season forward (I can't see Grimes or JLAA filling that role), and more besides ...

sounds like an overhaul to me. We need a whole new defence and a strike force, maybe a winger or 2 also, but im scared we will be lining up with Edwards/jordan/twaddle in august.

Life is a game of fate.

at last on 20:15 - May 11 with 1390 viewsNewbury_Dale

Not really much Coleman can do with the burden of having the likes of Jordan, Twaddle and Grimes still under contract.

Thank you Steve Eyre
at last on 20:15 - May 11 with 1390 viewssandylaner1

hopefully the board will have learned from the COG saga that if bids come in for tutte/kennedy they DON'T have to accept

my current state of thought is that if we lose them two before august we might be facing another relegation battle.

tell tutte he's captain next season, either get grimes to up his game and get him a decent center forward to play alongside or get cash quick so we can find a decent replacement.

and JC has to be brave with whatever decision he makes regarding jones.
at last on 20:27 - May 11 with 1341 viewsdebbiesfella

at last on 20:15 - May 11 by sandylaner1

hopefully the board will have learned from the COG saga that if bids come in for tutte/kennedy they DON'T have to accept

my current state of thought is that if we lose them two before august we might be facing another relegation battle.

tell tutte he's captain next season, either get grimes to up his game and get him a decent center forward to play alongside or get cash quick so we can find a decent replacement.

and JC has to be brave with whatever decision he makes regarding jones.

JC not been brave so far!
at last on 20:32 - May 11 with 1319 viewselectricblue

at last on 18:49 - May 11 by Dale23years

what happen to the major changes to squad

Exactly JC needs to explain why there are not qholesale changes to the squad
After seing who is actually going, staying etc my views on JC are i dont like him, or trust him.

I think that his hands are tied when CD announced the 500k loss looming on the horizon..
So its back to being an average div2 team for me..
Still not impressed the widdowson as gone..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

at last on 20:44 - May 11 with 1265 viewsroccydaleian

at last on 20:32 - May 11 by electricblue

Exactly JC needs to explain why there are not qholesale changes to the squad
After seing who is actually going, staying etc my views on JC are i dont like him, or trust him.

I think that his hands are tied when CD announced the 500k loss looming on the horizon..
So its back to being an average div2 team for me..
Still not impressed the widdowson as gone..

When has CD mentioned their's a 500k loss on the horizon?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024