Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies 21:38 - Jul 31 with 30469 viewsconnell10

Well we need a win so 2-1 to the R,s
[Post edited 31 Jul 21:39]

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:32 - Aug 3 with 3120 viewsNov77

Smyth really does have toblerone boots doesn’t he?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:32 - Aug 3 with 3123 viewsderbyhoop

EDB and Morrison for Cook; Colback

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:32 - Aug 3 with 3101 viewsandrew1302

I have to say Smyth slapping his side having missed the target gets somewhat annoying
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:34 - Aug 3 with 3001 viewsderbyhoop

6 subs at once for Albion

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:35 - Aug 3 with 2901 viewsaston_hoop

Paul Smyth has the pace and determination of a whippet and the touch of a whippet

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:37 - Aug 3 with 2831 viewsHooping_Mad

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:35 - Aug 3 by aston_hoop

Paul Smyth has the pace and determination of a whippet and the touch of a whippet

Went for a handshake with paal and missed that too

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:40 - Aug 3 with 2734 viewsNov77

We attack our own penalty area more than they do

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:42 - Aug 3 with 2610 views1BobbyHazell

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:40 - Aug 3 by Nov77

We attack our own penalty area more than they do

That's well put.

Even when we partially break the first line of the press the recieving player is under so much pressure with his back to the defender that he plays it back. Then the player who receives it back, rather than having surveyed a potential next forward pass just insta opts to backwards again.

Needs work/ personnel changes.
[Post edited 3 Aug 16:44]
Login to get fewer ads

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:42 - Aug 3 with 2581 viewsMalintabuk

That one piece of play sums it all up the difference in class
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:44 - Aug 3 with 2502 viewsPdog

Our last goal was 4.5 hours ago against a 5th tier Spanish part-time outfit, will probably go on and smash in 3 next week, i hope.
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:46 - Aug 3 with 2441 viewsconnell10

Their keeper could have played in his carpet slippers.

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:47 - Aug 3 with 2378 viewsMalintabuk

One plus is Frey he is looking an handful
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:48 - Aug 3 with 2317 viewsHooping_Mad

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:47 - Aug 3 by Malintabuk

He's pressing their back 4, like they've done to us all game.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:49 - Aug 3 with 2292 viewsQPR_Hibs

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:47 - Aug 3 by Malintabuk

EDB and Bennie at least trying to get us forward.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:50 - Aug 3 with 2188 viewsconnell10

Well.....

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:50 - Aug 3 with 2166 viewsloftboy

GOALS. We don’t look like we have any in the team.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:51 - Aug 3 with 2108 viewsnumptydumpty

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:30 - Aug 3 by Hooping_Mad

Time to move Smyth over and try the Brazilian lad

Smyth is great until the final moment

Pacy quick tricky but never thinks or looks when playing a cross or pass and when has a shooting opportunity is shocking with his lack of thought.

That was a tough watch but I think Brighton could be top eight this season and this game in particular shows the gulf between championship and Premier league.

The difference is mountainous

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:52 - Aug 3 with 2069 viewsHAYESBOY

Better second half after the goal but not impressed with this fascination of playing around in our area from goal kicks.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:52 - Aug 3 with 2064 viewsQPR_Hibs

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 15:42 - Aug 3 by QPR_Hibs

I've also been a bit disappointed with Andersen so far.

Can I upgrade this to VERY disappointed?

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:52 - Aug 3 with 2028 viewssaxbend

Positives :

-Nardi looks great.
-Colback played 70 mins and didn't commit anything remotely bookable.
-We can defend.
-Any baggies scouts watching will have left with no idea as to what our attacking play looks like.
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:53 - Aug 3 with 1985 viewsderbyhoop

Defensively, we did OK. Although it was sometimes/often a bit scary.
But without Chair the only threat is coming from Smyth, whose final ball is usually shite.

I can see a lot of 0-0 draws if we don't get reinforcements.

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:53 - Aug 3 with 1937 viewsMalintabuk

Can't really complain about the result but we were lucky to nil...
They were a good team and in all honestly they won at a canter
The real worry is this lack of chances .... are we really this reliant on Chair?
He as missed the last 4 games and we have looked woeful up top.
The keeper is a real plus though... and the defence looks OK... but going forward.....
Well it will either sort itself out and next week we click or we could be on meltdown
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:53 - Aug 3 with 1926 viewsandrew1302

You wonder if we will ever score, actually get a shot on target. defence is okay, midfield ish and up front a bit League 2. Brighton were really so much better. Quicker to the ball, quicker more accurate passing and frankly in total control. We offer zero threat which could be a big problem. Smyth has no idea when the goal looms, Frey is a tank and the rest just not worth mentioning. Lloyd is really no where near this level . Really quite worrying. Who will score a goal?
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:54 - Aug 3 with 1880 viewsHAYESBOY

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:52 - Aug 3 by QPR_Hibs

Can I upgrade this to VERY disappointed?

He had two great chances to play in Koli first and then Celar later and fckd them both up.

Poor game from him. His fitness is better though.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:55 - Aug 3 with 1870 viewsOakR

Well I thought we did ok, against what in reality is a much better team.

Their press was.mucj much better than most teams we will face, and it showed up at times so e of our decision making and showed where we can improve.
We clearly wanted to keep practising passing it out from the back, and it won't get much more difficult than today.

As a spectacle it wasn't up to much, but a good workout I think.

I'm still feeling confident about the season.

Poll: Will we stay up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024